In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Remember kids: This is different from the competitive tier lists, but at the same time can be something amusing to discuss!

ALSO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE STOP POSTING YOUR GOD DAMNED TEAMS! WE. DON'T. CARE.

Neutral Tier
- Reshiram
- Zekrom

High Tier

Archen
Darumaka
Drilbur
Joltik
Lillipup
Oshawott
Petilil
Sandile
Sawk
Scraggy
Sigilyph
Tepig
Timburr (Access to Conkeldurr)
Throh
Tympole

Mid Tier

Axew
Basculin
Blitzle
Cobalion
Cottonee
Deerling
Druddigon
Ducklett
Durant
Dwebble
Elgyem
Emolga
Ferroseed
Frillish
Gothita
Klink
Litwick
Mienfoo
Minccino
Panpour
Pansage
Patrat
Roggenrola
Sewaddle
Snivy
Solosis
Terrakion
Thundurus
Timburr
Tirtouga
Vanillite
Venipede
Virizion

Low Tier

Alomamola
Audino
Bouffalant
Cryogonal
Cubchoo
Deino
Fooongus
Golett
Heatmor
Karrablast
Larvesta
Maractus
Munna
Pansear
Pawniard
Pidove
Purrloin
Rufflet
Shelmet
Stunfisk
Tornadus
Trubbish
Tynamo
Vullaby
Woobat
Yamask

Excluded

Zorua
Victini
Landorus
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect

NOTES:
  • When discussing Pokemon moving up / down, please give at least a brief argument with proof as to why.
  • You'll notice there are two different entries for some of the traded Pokemon. One assumes that trades are available, the other assumes that the player is doing a "no outside help" playthrough. Remember: THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO WITH TRADES IS TO EVOLVE YOUR POKEMON! NOTHING MORE!
  • Reshiram / Zekhrom are "Neutral Tier". Don't discuss them. It's too Spoiler-ridden.
  • The list is currently in alphabetical order. THIS IS TEMPORARY. It is to help sort out the Mid and Lower Pokemon.
  • DO NOT TALK ABOUT YOUR TEAM! We don't care about it. This thread might.

So in here, remember: this isn't competitive stuff, it's in-game stuff. Discuss nicely kids!

Hopefully we'll get route pokemon info soon.

From what I've seen, Darumakka comes around the second gym, making it a great early fire choice (and with great stats and movepool to boot). Meguroko and Moguryuu come around the third gym, both possessing excellent movepools and statistics as well.

I don't think we'll have a "Staraptor" this gen, but I'll look at some movepools a bit more.

Maybe edit the OP, add some sprites and order the easy to find pokes into Good, Useful, Bad tiers. That would be cool.

The three Monkeys basically make the game-easy mode in the beginning.

I've had good luck with Munna (and evolution). It's an incredibly bulky Pokemon with good attack, although you'll have to resort to TMs (which are now unlimited) to go beyond Mono-Psychic. It receives multiple sleep inducing moves (Yawn, Hypnosis), and instant recovery (Moon Light). You can evolve it with Moon Stone at any time.

The three Monkeys basically make the game-easy mode in the beginning.

I've had good luck with Munna (and evolution). It's an incredibly bulky Pokemon with good attack, although you'll have to resort to TMs (which are now unlimited) to go beyond Mono-Psychic. It receives multiple sleep inducing moves (Yawn, Hypnosis), and instant recovery (Moon Light). You can evolve it with Moon Stone at any time.

Evil Mario says it all. With the right typings, I've been able to plow through the game so far with just my grass monkey, and pokabu's evolution. Im sure I'll hit troubles along the way, but these two alone have either solo'ed or just dominated so far.

I also agree that Munna isn't bad compared to the other starting out pokes. That rat terrier aien't bad either.

The monkeys should definatly be high tier. Cheer upx2-> Stab hits very hard.

Munna is very nice utitlity with some bulk, but gets assraped by choroneko.

Minezumi, ehh, it learns Cut?

Seaver gets a nice early stab.

Smugleaf seems like he would be low tier. Defensive Pokemon just don't seem useful ingame.

Anyone care to rate the starters? I'm guessing the Fire starter is top tier thanks to excellent dual typing and good special attack/attack.

Minezumi is essentially bidoof 2.0 to me, and as such, I grabbed him for the HM's only.

I agree that hte monkies are high tier when you give then cheer up. +2 from my current grass monkey allows it to OHKO sooo many things it's hilarious. Not to mention that with fury swipes early on I can practically dominate with decent coverage.

IMO, the fire starter is amazing, and works wonders in the beginning alongside the grass monkey. come lvl. 17 his dual typing is so epic that your pretty much already set for the next gym.

I hate smugleaf. With a burning passion. As soon as I fought against that thing, and it crossed it's arms as my fire pig couldn't burn it's ass at the time, I gre insta-hate for it. I also think it's stats are ass, IMO, but can be played around with. Not a great starter IMO.

Water starter I think is second best to my fire pig. It does indeed have great coverage, and can usually deal with alot of things in the starting portion (although other pokes are need to support it).

I'm making an effort to capture as many pokemon as I can, so here's what I have so far.

Smugleaf: It works, definitely. Nothing really special, but I'm not too far in so I might not have gotten to the good stuff yet. Medium.

Aquamonkey: Kinda like Smugleaf: good, but not amazing. I plan to replace him with something else once I get the chance. Medium.

Minezumi: Haven't even tried using it, but a friend of mine keeps complaining it dies a lot. Low-Medium.

Yorterrie: Probably the closest to a Staraptor I've found. 60 base attack, early Bite, and decent speed. Definitely worth a shot, although he'll probably get replaced soon. High tier early on.

Choroneko: I tried, I really did. I literally could not get this thing past lv8, because it died so much. Dark isn't the greatest type for earlygame if you ask me, not to mention Yorterrie gets that awesome bite anyway. Low tier.

Munna: Definitely a good pokemon. Bulky as hell, and although it kinda sucks at first, once it gets Psybeam at lv11 it really starts ripping stuff up. Medium tier.

Mamepato: Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking. This thing gets literally no physical flying moves until Skyattack at, like, lv50. Lowish tier.

Tabunne: Yes, I somehow caught a Tabunne on route 2, and it gets pretty much no attacks. It'd be decent if you used it right, but imo ingame is all about attack, attack, attack.

Electrozebra: Frail, but if you can tough it out until lv11, Shockwave is surprisingly good against most things you fight early on. Medium tier.

Koromori: Yeah, psy/flying is probably the single worst type out of all the early stuff. Bites flying everywhere, nothing weak to psychic, Gust...blows. Low tier.

Aw, so that's the only occasion you can get an E-Monkey, then?

I'll make due with Water, as I don't mind it. So long as I don't get Fire, cause they suck.

Has anyone used the Gigiasu line yet? How is it? Would you use that or doryuzu early game?
Haven't gotten the chance to use Doryuuzu yet, but I will say this: baby Gigaiasu rock is absolutely amazing. Rock Blast rips apart pretty much everything, and it gets Headbutt at the start for extra coverage.

Also: captured the floppy tadpole, plank dude and red fighting duo guy to the left of the railroad town. Planning to use them against Aloe.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Smugleaf seems like he would be low tier. Defensive Pokemon just don't seem useful ingame.

Anyone care to rate the starters? I'm guessing the Fire starter is top tier thanks to excellent dual typing and good special attack/attack.
I'm by the first Gym, but Tsutarja is proving to be awesome until now. It simply doesn't die to anything (except to Firemonkey derp). I don't know for how long it will last, but at least it got Growth at lv13 so I believe it's going to be quite the cool tank ingame.

And Pokabu learns Boiling Water and Wild Bolt, if if wasn't so slow I'd say it's instant-high-tier lol

You get whichever monkey your starter beats. Smugleaf gets Aquamonkey, Pignite gets Grassmonkey and Wotter gets Flaremonkey.
Wow i really wanted grass monkey and water starer for an ingame team that doesnt have trades(dont like using trades on my first playthrough, instead just exploring and seeing what i like as theirs so much new stuff) Oh well.

I'll give my 2 cents, I don't know the jap names well, so bare with me.

Smugleaf: It's meh decent exp gain and decent move pools, It's middle tier.
The Doggy =D: Meh move pool, but it's exp gain is amazing and it's got good stats, High tier all the way!
Money Trio: Good for the first gym but after that it's exp gain is to low to be good.
Zebra: Frail, bad exp gain and no good moves for awhile. Just bad.
Bidoof Clone: Good HM slave, that's about it imo.
Rare pokemon that appears on every route and is pink + looks like a digimon (lol) : Eh it's not that good, rare yes but it lacks power.

Wow i really wanted grass monkey and water starer for an ingame team that doesnt have trades(dont like using trades on my first playthrough, instead just exploring and seeing what i like as theirs so much new stuff) Oh well.
Here's hoping you can find one in the wild later on.

From the looks of it there arent in decent ingame flying types earleir on? Is this true. You know since theres the hm fly...

Yeah, Dangoro is amazing in the beginning of the game. It gets Headbutt, Rock Blast, and really high defense (at a point where you take mostly physical attacks anyway). The only problem is it's so slow it can't run from most wild pokemon.

IMO, if you level pokabu enough it'll solo the second gym easy after it evolves at 17. With just him and my grass monkey i've been doing fine. I can garuantee you though, that Dorzoryuu's is going to be amazing. Some of it's level ups down the line are nice. A agree about geodude 2.0 i.e. Dangoro being beastly in the beginning as well.

breh

強いだね
Well.... I'll add to this.

Grassbug is pretty cool. It gets two high power stabs (razor leaf and bug bite) and is pretty close to evolving once you get it (I think I got mine at around level 13; you can get it higher though and it evolves at 20).

Floppy tadpole is okay... not particularly great but still cool

Pokabu is amazing; Nitro Charge is ridiculously useful with the guaranteed speed boost and arm thrust is great vs. that bloody hypnomeerkat

Dangoro is cool just because it's a rock type; it doesn't have the greatest attack, though, and rock blast tends to do not that much damage against some of the sturdier pokes (terrier's second form, for example, needs to take like 12 hits from rock blast...). Mud Slap is a nice bonus, as is iron defence.

Finally, munna is cool because it gets psybeam so early on... pity it takes so long for CM, but munna's far from useless until then, especially with Psybeam and yawn/hypnosis. Moon stone is found pretty early, too.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I admit the other Monkeys seem fine, just the Fire one was disappointing to me.
Maybe edit the OP, add some sprites and order the easy to find pokes into Good, Useful, Bad tiers. That would be cool.
Once we get more discussion going, I'll throw some of that cool stuff in. :P

I've been using Dageki a bit, and I like it. Double Kick from 125 Attack at the second Gym? Yes please! And 85 Speed outruns almost everything at that point... It's rare, but if you find one use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)