Japanese to English Pokémon Dictionary

Thank you! Very tempting for me to get Pokemon Black or White in Japanese...

heck maybe I'll learn Japanese as I get through the game using this page... Thanks again. (Should I get the game now? >_>)

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Thanks for your work. I figured I'd help proofread a bit. Here are all of the mistakes I noticed. I didn't proofread any of the 5th gen stuff since I don't have a reference to check against right now.

Some mix ups with stats:

Special Attack written as special def (とくぼう), Special Attack should be とくこう
Special Defense written as defense (ぼうぎょ), Special Defense should be とくぼう
Defense written as special attack (とくこう), Defense should be ぼうぎょ

Some Copy/Paste errors in other sections:

Abilities:

Huge Power should be ちからもち
Hydration should be うるおいボディ
Serene Grace should be てんのめぐみ
Shell Armour should be シェルアーマー
Snow Warning should be ゆきふらし
Sturdy should be がんじょう

Healing Items:
Full Restore should be かいふくのくすり

Also, some suggested items to add:

ふしぎなアメ -- Rare Candy

マックスアップ -- HP UP
タウリン -- Protein
ブロムヘキシン -- Iron
リゾチウム -- Calcium
キトサン -- Zinc
インドメタシン -- Carbos

ポイントアップ -- PP Up
ポイントマックス -- PP Max

ダウジングマシン -- Itemfinder (if it exists)
バトルサーチャー -- VS Seeker (if it exists)

There are probably some others, but the lack of these items ones really stand out to me.

Edit:
I noticed two missing moves:

Dragon - Dragon Rush - ドラゴンダイブ

Normal - Judgement - さばきのつぶて

Ugh, I reordered the stats awhile ago from my old HGSS/Plat guides and mixed them up, apparently. :[ Thanks, TRE! I've fixed them now, and I'm sorry to everyone for the inconveniences.

Just wondering if you could add information on the wireless battle menus, for those of us trying to figure that out. iirc, there was something about an option to battle on the top menu, which I assume is the one below new game, but I have no idea how to go through the menus.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
わっしにゃよう分からんが、ジャンプちゃんも日本語を勉強しゆうようじゃき。

These aren't really pertinent to in-game, but I thought they might be nice for some people to know:

ぶつりわざ Physical Attacks
とくしゅわざ Special Attacks
種族値 (しゅぞくち)Base Stats
個体値 (こたいち)Individual Values
努力値 (どうりょくち)Effort Values

Taken from PokeSav Japanese, so I assume this is the right terminology.

Sorry about not working on this much in the last few days, but I wrote a brief guide to getting on Wi-Fi. It's the same as in the 4th gen afaik. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to test it but I'll get back with more on it once I've played somebody.

ありがとう、 張利男さんと TREさん!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Jumpluff, your wifi section is so perfect. Thank you so much. I was really NOT looking forward to randomly, blindy selecting each option then trying to figure out what it had just done until I had found the 2 or 3 selections I want.

Thank you.

Even though I can read Japanese (especially easy Hiragana and Katakana in Pokemon), I'm positive this thread will prove useful for me. A-fucking-mazing job Shiki, thanks a million :)

Much appreciated, this will be so incredibly helpful!

I did find one small typo: steel type should be はがね, you've got はかね on there. Not really that big of a deal, but I figured I'd mention it so if someone's ctrl-f'ing it they won't come up with nothing. (hagane vs. hakane for those who can't read kana)

question...what are those Chaos Emerald look-a-like stones in my bag?
I have a yellow one, a violet one, and a couple others...what do they do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)