Ditto

Yes, it copies basically everything exactly except HP, PP and level, but with only 5 PP for each move and awful defenses, you're still better off with a normal Shedinja.

COMPLETELY FORGOT THIS, but there are a couple of hard counters to this Ditto, unfortunately. Namely Pinsir, Rampardos, Ononokusu, Doryuuzu, Nageki, Dageki, Basurao, and Kurimugan. Know what they have in common? Mold Breaker. As Eccentric is an ability of Ditto's, surely that means it is cancelled or prevented from starting when it switches in?

COMPLETELY FORGOT THIS, but there are a couple of hard counters to this Ditto, unfortunately. Namely Pinsir, Rampardos, Ononokusu, Doryuuzu, Nageki, Dageki, Basurao, and Kurimugan. Know what they have in common? Mold Breaker. As Eccentric is an ability of Ditto's, surely that means it is cancelled or prevented from starting when it switches in?
Mold breaker doesn't stop a Gyara's intimidate when it switches in, so I don't think it'll prevent this either, since the point of Mold Breaker is to hit things it usually wouldn't be able to due to abilities (eg. being able to EQ Rotom even though it's got levitate).

This is still all really quite surreal.
Ditto for OU.....certainly....

Sounds so weird. :P

I just hope he doesn't get slapped into Uber.

I doubt Ditto will go to Uber. If you get swept by one it's your own fault for getting greedy with stat boosting moves. He's not going to be very hard to counter either because you'll know exactly what his moveset is.

I remember back in RBY playing with my fellow five year olds... Back then all of us used Ditto ;)
It's a comeback for the littlest of all the slimeballs Trollfreak has given us.

Gyarados gets called out.
Go ditto.
ditto transforms as gyarados DD.
gyarados wins.

If this is how your planning on using Ditto..Don't.

He is a revenge killer, meaning that you send him out after one of you Pokemon got killed...You wouldn't send in Choice Scarf Dugtrio into a Gyarados..You wait until it kills your Pokemon, then you just Stone Edge..

Is this concept so hard to understand?

Go ditto.
gyarados wins.
Ditto intimidates Gyarados.
Ditto is holding a Choice Scarf.
The two are on equal footing, no matter how many DD's Gyarados accumulates, if Ditto switches in on a DD.
In this instance, it would be a 50/50 speed tie.
And as previously said, this isn't the best way to use Ditto.

Go ditto.
gyarados wins.
yeah, it was noted awhile back that it's probably better just to let them get 6 dd then send in ditto to soak it all in. Ditto is a REVENGE killer; it's supposed to come out after one of your pokes died

yeah, it was noted awhile back that it's probably better just to let them get 6 dd then send in ditto to soak it all in. Ditto is a REVENGE killer; it's supposed to come out after one of your pokes died
If your opponent has 6 DD's under it's belt, wouldn't there be a speed tie anyway? The choice scarf would be rendered moot, as a Pokemon can't have 7+ speed.

If your opponent has 6 DD's under it's belt, wouldn't there be a speed tie anyway? The choice scarf would be rendered moot, as a Pokemon can't have 7+ speed.
Item boosts and stage boosts are calculated differently. Taken from a mechanics article on the main site:

Final Speed Stat = Current Stat * Stat Modifier * Speed Ability Modifier * Speed Item Modifier * Paralysis Modifier * Tailwind Modifier
That means that, even with a boost of +6 speed (4x multiplier), Choice Scarf will still kick in (1.5x multiplier).

At least know what you're talking about before dismissing other people's ideas.

Scarf/Band isn't considered part of that..I'm sure, but can't really explain it..Just trust me.
That is simply awesome. Ditto is unbelievable.

Item boosts and stage boosts are calculated differently. Taken from a mechanics article on the main site:

That means that, even with a boost of +6 speed (4x multiplier), Choice Scarf will still kick in (1.5x multiplier).

At least know what you're talking about before dismissing other people's ideas.
I was asking a question, not making a statement. I haven't dismissed anyone's idea.

So the question is what counters Ditto? Actually that's a bad question since obviously it appears there isn't any consistent counter against Ditto. What strategies are good at preventing him from doing his job?

Oh wait. Trick Room teams should be really annoying for people who rely on Ditto I would guess.
Anything that a taunt user can use as set-up fodder. i.e.: a Pokemon with no attacking moves. That way, while Ditto may learn your move-set, it can't attackyou. If you ALSO run Taunt, you can use it on the switch and now their Ditto can only Struggle or Switch Out which you can use to Set-up a bit. Baton Pass, Sub, and U-Turn users could become more popular when a Ditto is out solely to beat it.

More Extreme and Less Viable: Predict the switch to Ditto and switch to something like Caterpie and laugh at your opponent for wasting their Ditto. String Shot.

I wouldn't suggest batton pass seeing as when you finally finish and feel really good about yourself...ditto would just come in and take all the stat boosts >.>

edit: never mind I see what you meant but yeah...don't batton pass lol

and I took out the
"well, now we've gotten through exactly how ditto would be used and all...how exactly do we beat ditto?"

since we pretty much have that above

well, now we've gotten through exactly how ditto would be used and all...how exactly do we beat ditto?
Prediction. If he turns into a Dragon switch to a Steel. Bait and Lure with a Ghost and a Pursuit user. You already have all the information you need: He has bad HP and has a Scarf, so exploit it.

If you're facing a Ditto then that means you just wiped out one his Pokes, so you have an advantage. Just keep stalling by switching until he's down to only a Ditto locked into a single move.

I wouldn't suggest batton pass seeing as when you finally finish and feel really good about yourself...ditto would just come in and take all the stat boosts >.>
I meant Baton Pass to a counter.So if say you have a +1ATK + 1 DEF - 1 SPE on a Curse Umbreon and Ditto comes in, Sub and BP to something that doesn't mind the stat changes (like Bullet Punch Scizor). I only mentioned Baton Pass so that Ditto would switch in first and copy the pokemon you have out, then switch to a counter. This would require you to predict the switch however...

Ditto intimidates Gyarados.
Ditto is holding a Choice Scarf.
The two are on equal footing, no matter how many DD's Gyarados accumulates, if Ditto switches in on a DD.
In this instance, it would be a 50/50 speed tie.
And as previously said, this isn't the best way to use Ditto.
Assuming Gyarados doesn't have Overconfidence.

I think Ditto is being overhyped. Sure you can outrun the enemy, but you can only choose one move + you're locked into it + have 5 PP. Without too many stat boosts, the foe can predict what Ditto will do (which will be relatively easy, because they know its exact moveset) and switch accordingly. If for some strange reason Ditto has +6 in stats, it'll still have to choose what it does wisely. Earthquake? Be careful of Levitaters/Flyers. Close Combat/High Jump Kick? Watch out for Ghosts (and priority moves with Close Combat). Plus you have to watch out for Pokemon with Pressure.

In a perfect world Ditto will nab +6 Atk and +6 Speed and rape, but in reality it will almost never happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)