Magic Bounce

It probably won't go as far as OU (or whatever the standard tier happens to be, since the tiering system is apparently going to change), but it's a nice tool for the lower environments. Like Epic Cherubi said, this ability doesn't prevent it from being Pursuited at basically no cost, and the fact that it has pretty limited options overall.

Lead Espeon

Espeon@Choice Scarf
Timid
Magic Mirror

Trick
--
--
--

Fill in the blanks with whatever you want.
The end of suicide Stealth Rock leads.

I mean, you can't even taunt it. Charizard, Moltres and Yanmega have found their savior.

It probably won't go as far as OU (or whatever the standard tier happens to be, since the tiering system is apparently going to change), but it's a nice tool for the lower environments. Like Epic Cherubi said, this ability doesn't prevent it from being Pursuited at basically no cost, and the fact that it has pretty limited options overall.
We'll just see how it'll work out in the end. Still, it finally gives something awesome to Espeon, which didn't have much last generation.

Hey now, this isn't a "let's bash Espeon" thread. It's a pretty powerful ability that may change what Espeon can contribute quite dramatically, so it might be good to hold on the opinions a bit longer until we actually get to play with it.

If only he absorbed Boiling Water!
Although he's a bit frail.
So if they gave this to some wall of some sort,then it could be used as an awesome Anti-Boiling Water.
But overall,it's a great ability.
It will really help Espeon in useage.

Lead Espeon

Espeon@Choice Scarf
Timid
Magic Mirror

Trick
--
--
--

I mean, you can't even taunt it. Charizard, Moltres and Yanmega have found their savior.
My sentiments exactly. He's the perfect anti-lead. Although, I'd run it with Sub and Baton Pass to help get a free switch in.

God, gen 5 is shaping up to be possibly the most fun competitive environment yet.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
This ability is pretty awesome. I was wondering if someone could test it when the opponent already has a status? I hope it would still at least keep Espeon status free.

I think that, more importantly, you can switch in Espeon whenever you anticipate your opponent trying to set up entry hazards. Espeon might make it really difficult for layers/phazing strategies to function.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Lead Espeon

Espeon@Choice Scarf
Timid
Magic Mirror

Trick
--
--
--

Trick is a 4th gen Move Tutor move and Magic Mirror is a 5th Gen Dream World Ability. Sorry but it won't work

Wait, does Magic Mirror actually Reflect entry hazards? If this is confirmed Espeon could almost have its niche. Its still frail as hell and can't really hurt anything but it could be funny to bounce back some things. If only it was useful in other ways..

Wait, does Magic Mirror actually Reflect entry hazards? If this is confirmed Espeon could almost have its niche. Its still frail as hell and can't really hurt anything but it could be funny to bounce back some things. If only it was useful in other ways..
Well, I tested with Toxic Spikes and it worked.

Well, I tested with Toxic Spikes and it worked.
Well that's it then, Espeon is the best anti-lead. It still needs to worry about Metagross's Bullet Punch and stuff but as of right now, you have to kill it before you can do anything (which means things like Roserade and Smeargle will go down if this is popular enough).

Also, you should keep in mind that since this is a Dream World ability, you will most likely not be able to get Egg moves or Eevee only moves. This means no Wish or Baton Pass.

Edit: I think this might be the best set for an anti-lead.

Espeon @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Ability: Magic Mirror

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power [Fire]
Quick Attack

Psychic for STAB and Aerodactyl, Shadow Ball for Azelf, HP Fire for Metagross and Forretress, and Quick Attack to pick off slower priority users and faster Pokemon. HP Fighting could be useful for Tyranitar but it will kill you with Payback+Sandstorm anyway.

Leads that it has a problem with include Fake Out Infernape and Weavile and Extremespeed Lucario, since Fake Out and Extremespeed go before Quick Attack, Metagross, and possibly Bulky leads like Mamoswine, Gliscor, and Swampert. As long as you can KO the former with Psychic+Quick Attack and KO the latter two with 2 Psychics you should be fine.

So if someone could successfully predict an enemy using mean look/block/spider web and switched into espeon then the result would turn out to be like Espeon is using it instead?

It might not need to be in the lead position, since if it was there it'd have trouble with many common leads (Heatran, Metagross, etc.) and would be an instant flag for a Pursuiter to come in. An alternate way to use it would be to lead with something else and switch it in on a predicted Taunt or something else Magic Coat reflects, otherwise the opponent simply wouldn't use those moves.

Hell, you could use Zoroark disguised as an Espeon to basically bluff and prevent set-up while attracting Pursuiters, which Zoroark can take out easily (Fire Blast for Scizor, Focus Blast for Ttar). Seems like an extremely useful addition overall.

Also, you should keep in mind that since this is a Dream World ability, you will most likely not be able to get Egg moves or Eevee only moves. This means no Wish or Baton Pass.
As far as I know, there is currently no indication that Dream World abilities are any less likely than not to be breedable, and regardless, it should be possible to evolve an Anticipation Eevee into a Magic Mirror Espeon.

As far as I know, there is currently no indication that Dream World abilities are any less likely than not to be breedable, and regardless, it should be possible to evolve an Anticipation Eevee into a Magic Mirror Espeon.
I suppose that's true but since I'm pretty sure the game doesn't have coding for the new Abilities, it won't actually know what to do when Eevee evolves.

Also, I edited a lead into my last post and that bluffing with Zoroark also sounds good.

I suppose that's true but since I'm pretty sure the game doesn't have coding for the new Abilities, it won't actually know what to do when Eevee evolves.

Also, I edited a lead into my last post and that bluffing with Zoroark also sounds good.
Impossible. If that were true, the abilities wouldn't be possible to actually use in the game, and there would have been no way for them all to have been discovered.

The game does have the info for these abilities. If it did not they wouldn't have been able to rip the data from from the game to find out who got what.

If Espeon can have Baton Pass with this, it could be a very useful link in a Baton Pass team. Every time your opponent tries to Taunt/Phaze you, BP to Espeon and either Taunt them or force a switch.

SoAndSo switched in Espeon!
Heatran used Will-O-Wisp!
Espeon's Magic Mirror sent the status back!
Heatran's Flash Fire absorbed the attack!

Lol, I can see that happening at some point, whether or not Espeon is switched in or doesn't switch out (Not that there are very many Will-O-Wisp Heatrans, but you get my point, I can see this sort of thing happening with move-absorbing-stat-upping abilities)

The game does have the info for these abilities. If it did not they wouldn't have been able to rip the data from from the game to find out who got what.
Yeah I guess that makes sense and I figured the Dream World would just "hack" the Ability onto the Pokemon like Pokesav does.

I guess the Dream World abilities would pass through the mother when you breed? Having the father be able to pass the Dream World ability, even if it's just a way to tell the game to use the ability in that slot, wouldn't work since some Pokemon don't have a Dream World Ability.

Yeah I guess that makes sense and I figured the Dream World would just "hack" the Ability onto the Pokemon like Pokesav does.

I guess the Dream World abilities would pass through the mother when you breed? Having the father be able to pass the Dream World ability, even if it's just a way to tell the game to use the ability in that slot, wouldn't work since some Pokemon don't have a Dream World Ability.
Exactly.

Presumably, for the Pokemon without a Dream World ability, it's just that their Dream World ability is the same as their normal ability. It would still count as a Dream World ability, but it wouldn't be any different for them. For example, a Run Away Caterpie would evolve into a Metapod with the normal Shed Skin ability, but then that Metapod would evolve into a Tinted Lens Butterfree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)