Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

if i wanted to rng a wondercard pokemon, where would i go on the rng reporter to find a good seed? and how were would i apply it as soon as i find it? in the timefinder capture tab?

I was looking at Ricki's RNG guide and found that the instructions on how to obtain a Non-Shiny Pokemon through breeding specifically applies to HGSS in his instructions. Is it the same way for DPPt?

Wally
Use either Wichu program or JavaRNG to find seeds for Wondercard pokemon.

But if you want to use the rngreporter

Most method 1 seed in Time finder should be available for Wondercard seed

Any method 1 frame you find in RNGreporter seed would be +2 in the WC method

Wally
Use either Wichu program or JavaRNG to find seeds for Wondercard pokemon.

But if you want to use the rngreporter

Most method 1 seed in Time finder should be available for Wondercard seed

Any method 1 frame you find in RNGreporter seed would be +2 in the WC method
thank you darkchaos

What did the guide mean by saying "As soon as the second timer on the pikatimer reaches "SEARCHER" you have to hit in that instant A at the Continue Screen."?

Okay, I'm really in a bind here, and help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've RNGed for shiny eggs/IVs in SoulSilver using Pikatimer, so I have a bit of experience.

The problem is I'm trying to RNG my ID/SID in Platinum. I used OmegaDonut's spreadsheet on the first page to locate a group of spreads that I like (for reference it is group 3619. I pulled a PID off of one of the spreads in my group, popped it in Pandora's Box, and got myself a seed (4D0B2014 works for this post). Using Seed to Time, I picked 7/1/2010, 11:20:50, delay 8202.

Now, the issue I have is with using Pikatimer at this point. It takes me roughly 90 seconds from soft reset to the point where the screen with the TV allows me to hit A and set my ID. I calibrated a delay of roughly 6500, but what should I put into the seconds box on Pikatimer since it won't take a number higher than 60? I am most likely misunderstanding the way the seconds function works on the Timer, but am at a loss as to where I'm going wrong. In order, my inputs in Pikatimer at this point are:
Calibrated delay: 6500
Wanted delay: 8202
Calibrated Second: ?????
Wanted Second: 50

I am getting at least one or two minutes in the minutes before target box, so I'm setting my DS clock at 11:18 or 11:19 depending on what I put into seconds and what it tells me.

Resulting seconds from the seeds it appears I'm hitting are all over the place.

Anyone know what I am foolishly screwing up here?

Sigh.... okay, would someone tell me what the heck is going on? I had the time, the date, the delays, the pikatimer, and the rng reporter correctly. I have also been hitting delays the right way and this stupid rng abuse is still not working.

Why won't it work?

EDIT: And don't you guys dare tell me that I'm not hitting the delays right. Because I am and it's still not working. And I don't want you any of you to tell me to read the guide again because I had enough.

You guys have answers and info that I need to know and I want you guys to tell me everything that you know how to rng abuse a heatran.

Sigh.... okay, would someone tell me what the heck is going on? I had the time, the date, the delays, the pikatimer, and the rng reporter correctly. I have also been hitting delays the right way and this stupid rng abuse is still not working.

Why won't it work?

EDIT: And don't you guys dare tell me that I'm not hitting the delays right. Because I am and it's still not working. And I don't want you any of you to tell me to read the guide again because I had enough.

You guys have answers and info that I need to know and I want you guys to tell me everything that you know how to rng abuse a heatran.
What do you mean by "its not working"?

What do you mean by "its not working"?
Well..... I have trying to rng capture a heatran and I was doing exactly what christian and the others are telling me. I've got the delays, the time, the date, the calibration phase, and everything right on the pikatimer, the rng reporter, and my ds right and it still won't get me the heatran that I'm looking for. =/

Well..... I have trying to rng capture a heatran and I was doing exactly what christian and the others are telling me. I've delays, the time, the date, the calibration phase, and everything right on the pikatimer, the rng reporter, and my ds right and it still won't get me the heatran that I'm looking for. =/
Ok, you know about the frame, right? After hitting your delay there's a frame for your spread that you need to get to in order to get that spread.

1.) yes

2.) what do you mean?

@Megaman - yes.
Well since you told megaman yes, then nevermind to my last post. Is your frame odd or even? If its odd then just stop one before your target frame. If its even however youll need to walk an extra 128 steps to advance the frame by the number of pokemon in your party.

Well since you told megaman yes, then nevermind to my last post. Is your frame odd or even? If its odd then just stop one before your target frame. If its even however youll need to walk an extra 128 steps to advance the frame by the number of pokemon in your party.
It's an odd frame. And like I said I've tried everything and I don't know what else to do now. I guess I'm just gonna have to ask Bearfans.

It's an odd frame. And like I said I've tried everything and I don't know what else to do now. I guess I'm just gonna have to ask Bearfans.
Use the ivs and nature of the wrong heatrans to find out wich frames your hitting. The only other thing I can think of is your not putting your synchronizer in the front of your party or your using the wrong method.
EDIT: That is if your using a synchronizer.

Use the ivs and nature of the wrong heatrans to find out wich frames your hitting. The only other thing I can think of is your not putting your synchronizer in the front of your party or your using the wrong method.
EDIT: That is if your using a synchronizer.
I am using a synchronizer.

And I'm using method J

dont forget to take into account that by talking to heatran, your frame advances by one. so if your frame is, say, 75, you only have to worry about 74 frames, which can be taken care of by 37 journal flips.

if your frame is, say, 76, then you have to advance the frame 75 times. if this is the case, you should have an odd number of pokemon in your party (lets say 5), and you need to walk 128 steps, which will advance the frame by the number of pokemon in your party (5), so now you have to advance the frame 70 times, so 35 journal flips

also make sure that the journal page you are flipping only has 1 'caught a pokemon'

QUESTION:
is the only way to find your SID in frlg or emerald to have a shiny pokemon? or is there a code or something?

Okay, I'm really in a bind here, and help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've RNGed for shiny eggs/IVs in SoulSilver using Pikatimer, so I have a bit of experience.

The problem is I'm trying to RNG my ID/SID in Platinum. I used OmegaDonut's spreadsheet on the first page to locate a group of spreads that I like (for reference it is group 3619. I pulled a PID off of one of the spreads in my group, popped it in Pandora's Box, and got myself a seed (4D0B2014 works for this post). Using Seed to Time, I picked 7/1/2010, 11:20:50, delay 8202.

Now, the issue I have is with using Pikatimer at this point. It takes me roughly 90 seconds from soft reset to the point where the screen with the TV allows me to hit A and set my ID. I calibrated a delay of roughly 6500, but what should I put into the seconds box on Pikatimer since it won't take a number higher than 60? I am most likely misunderstanding the way the seconds function works on the Timer, but am at a loss as to where I'm going wrong. In order, my inputs in Pikatimer at this point are:
Calibrated delay: 6500
Wanted delay: 8202
Calibrated Second: ?????
Wanted Second: 50
I'm going to show you what I use when I do a SID RNG:

Calibrated delay: 600 which is roughly the calibrated delay of a Platinum game that already has a SID/OT. I use it as a standard for all DPPt SID RNG.
Wanted delay: 8202 (whatever happens to be the delay of your target SID/OT)
Calibrated Second: depends on if you have an AR, a flash cart or just the game. AR 16 or 15, flash cart 20, just the game 13 or 14
Wanted Second: 50 (depends on your chosen wanted seconds)

I am getting at least one or two minutes in the minutes before target box, so I'm setting my DS clock at 11:18 or 11:19 depending on what I put into seconds and what it tells me.

Resulting seconds from the seeds it appears I'm hitting are all over the place.

Anyone know what I am foolishly screwing up here?
I set my DS clock minutes to the same time as the RNG time. By your first results, find a delay that's near your target delay and also near your target seconds. Make a record of it somewhere so you don't forget the delay and seconds of this adjacent. Make a record of any other adjacent that might have been as close. Test your chosen result by putting the adjacent delay into other delay in pikatimer. Do not adjust your DS minutes yet because a huge change in the delay will result in a change in seconds when you arrive in the game. It's better to wait until the second attempt before you adjust your DS minutes.

Try and get your target SID again. Check to see if you got a result closer to your target delay. If yes, use that result and now adjust your DS minutes up or down depending on how wrong the seconds were on your latest test. One minute change on the DS results in a one second change getting into the game, so adjust up or down accordingly.

Try to get your SID again. If you choose your adjacent results intelligently, you will get closer to your target delay. If you adjust your DS minutes intelligently, you will get onto your target seconds. If you choose a bad delay and get bad results, backtrack to an earlier result. Keep track of your total change in Pikatimer so you can back track more easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)