Prediction on Gen 5 Metagame

Anyway, I'm not sure where should I ask this, and I guess that this thread is the best one for this question.

Let's assume that some Arceus forms will be banned (maybe none will be, who knows?) and for example players think that 2 forms are balanced enough to stay in OU after voting, council, etc. Here's the question - would all Arceus be banned anyway or we just allow those 2 forms stay in ? Well, technically all Arceus forms are the same Pokemon, however with all different typings, practically making them 'each Arceus is like a different Pokemon'. Thanks for answer on this one, as I'm curious.
no Arceus form will be allowed believe me. Its movepool is crazy enough and his crazy bulk(offensive sets can take mewtwo SE LO attacks) and excellent offensive stats(120/120 is even greater than that of Lucario)
further close that chance

My prediction: Offensive and fast. Weather abuse. Much more diversity than gen IV. I can see there is a possibility of stalling a bit but not because of stats (e.g. Hippowdon stalling) but because of abilities that allow them to do so.

Calm Mind and Bulk Up are not going to stall with moves that negate stat boosts and moves that guarantee a crit. Less +6 sweep since a lot of pokemon are hard hitters with decent bulk.

Stealth Rocks will still be there. The new sturdy gives much much more options for lead pokemon. Suicide leads and anti-leads have more on their plates to deal with. I believe there is going to be more diverse leads instead of just pokemon setting up stealth rocks and exploding. Weather based leads may also be possible.

Shuckle usage will increase since it is powered up quite a bit now. I think Jaroda will get hype if (her)his ability can be applied to self induced stat changes.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
no Arceus form will be allowed believe me. Its movepool is crazy enough and his crazy bulk(offensive sets can take mewtwo SE LO attacks) and excellent offensive stats(120/120 is even greater than that of Lucario)
While this isn't exactly false (I mean, Arceus IS Arceus), we need to stop working under any assumptions as to what will be banned and what won't.

I think no one mentioned the new grass starter or all grass starter already.
Venusaur get Petal Dance ond chlorophyll. Sceptile get Unburden and Jaroda the Star of them get Perversity(if self stat can be used). Even without egg moves they already have considerable movepool
to abuse them something like this

Chlorosaur(Full Physical)
Adamant/Jolly
252 atk/252 spe/6 def
Swords Dance
Petal Dance/Seed Bomb/Power Whip
Earthquake
Synthesis/Return

Sceptile(SD Burden)
Adamant
252 Atk/176 Spe/80 HP
Lum Berry/Liechi Berry/Occa Berry
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
Dragon Claw
Brick Break

Jaroda(PerverBulkySweeper)
Modest
Life Orb/Leftovers
252 SpA/252 Spe/6 Def
Leaf Storm
Hidden Power Fighting
Taunt
Glare/Subsitute/Giga Drain

While this isn't exactly false (I mean, Arceus IS Arceus), we need to stop working under any assumptions as to what will be banned and what won't.
Yeah we havent played the metagame we wont know just by calculation what is effective what is dont yet.

Stall's going to have a hard time. It'll have to run a Pursuiter to remove Shanderaa, Shanderaa itself, Shed Shell on Forretress/Nattorei/Skarmory, Restalk Gyarados or something that can abuse Goggles like Sleep Talk Phaser Aerodactyl.

Oh, and JSND, have you ever heard of the multi-quote button?

Stall's going to have a hard time. It'll have to run a Pursuiter to remove Shanderaa, Shanderaa itself, Shed Shell on Forretress/Nattorei/Skarmory, Restalk Gyarados or something that can abuse Goggles like Sleep Talk Phaser Aerodactyl.

Oh, and JSND, have you ever heard of the multi-quote button?
stall have a hard time if not for new stall based move and new tools stall can abuse. Most notably, the epic dragon tail as i have wrote in my analysis.
you cant just stop stall by using taunt on stall now especially considering the number of pokemon that learn taunt this gen. The dragon tail is learned most notably by Gyarados that can use this move to dispose salamence and shuffle at the same time effectively replacing roar in some case.
Yeah due to shanderaa stall will be harder this gen must agree.

btw i dont know how to multi quote sry

My prediction: People won't leave home without a Chomp,Mence,Ono, or Sazandora, these things will just dominate.

Skarm and Blissey will be used to counter Sazandora or Ono (only if he isn't packing taunt) which isn't likely.

Gen 5 meta will be hyped with water types and dragon types and finally Bulky sweeper
its the safest choice in theory

As CIM said - I won't start with any assumptions before we start with tests (I know Arceus IS Arceus, but yeah, we know nothing for sure yet). I just want to know the answer for this question, as I think it's quite important one. If we want to theorymon - I see SOME chance for Psychic form. So if someone could answer, I would be grateful ;).

My prediction is that sweeping will now be the much more preferred method of play in B/W - With so many amazing sweepers being introduced (and reintroduced), I expect that the metagame will basically play out as the current 4th gen uber metagame; Who can hit fastest and hardest.

There are obviously exceptions to this, but expect an extremely fast paced game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)