Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I need a little clarification regarding Breeding a Shiny in Soul Silver.

I've successfully bred 4 shiny pokemon with the right natures, abilities, and gender so far, so for the most part, I think I'm doing fine. However, problems arise as I try to get a Shiny, Brave, Male Cloyster with the Skill Link ability. I've checked many times over the data I entered (ID, SID, HG/SS, non-international, date, seconds, delays) and have actually hit 10 correct, different seeds (checked by 9 Elm calls) that are reported by the RNG Reporter to give off the shiny egg at their corresponding frames. Yet after all those attempts, the resulting eggs are wrong.

So, to the questions:

1. Will RNG Reporter sometimes suggest seeds that don't work (possibly due to certain request combinations of abilities, gender, natures based off your specific ID and SID)?

2. Is the number of Elm calls I'm making messing frames up? Or could it possibly be my biking between Jubilife and the Daycare? I was under the impression that the getting to the correct frame involves rejecting/collecting eggs (e.g. Frame listed as "3" means reject 2 eggs and save before third egg. That's what I did to obtain the other 4 shiny eggs).

3. Is Cloyster just something that doesn't obey RNG Abuse?

Any troubleshooting would be appreciated. I've done a good amount of research already, and I think some other people have had the same problem (hitting correct seeds and frames, but not getting what they wanted).

I need a little clarification regarding Breeding a Shiny in Soul Silver.

I've successfully bred 4 shiny pokemon with the right natures, abilities, and gender so far, so for the most part, I think I'm doing fine. However, problems arise as I try to get a Shiny, Brave, Male Cloyster with the Skill Link ability. I've checked many times over the data I entered (ID, SID, HG/SS, non-international, date, seconds, delays) and have actually hit 10 correct, different seeds (checked by 9 Elm calls) that are reported by the RNG Reporter to give off the shiny egg at their corresponding frames. Yet after all those attempts, the resulting eggs are wrong.

So, to the questions:

1. Will RNG Reporter sometimes suggest seeds that don't work (possibly due to certain request combinations of abilities, gender, natures based off your specific ID and SID)?

2. Is the number of Elm calls I'm making messing frames up? Or could it possibly be my biking between Jubilife and the Daycare? I was under the impression that the getting to the correct frame involves rejecting/collecting eggs (e.g. Frame listed as "3" means reject 2 eggs and save before third egg. That's what I did to obtain the other 4 shiny eggs).

3. Is Cloyster just something that doesn't obey RNG Abuse?

Any troubleshooting would be appreciated. I've done a good amount of research already, and I think some other people have had the same problem (hitting correct seeds and frames, but not getting what they wanted).
Well, Elm calls advance the frame. So if you're doing them and not accounting for it, then that could be what is throwing you off. Biking has no effect, cloyster works fine. It is either the Elm calls or you have something entered incorrectly.

Well, Elm calls advance the frame. So if you're doing them and not accounting for it, then that could be what is throwing you off. Biking has no effect, cloyster works fine. It is either the Elm calls or you have something entered incorrectly.
I don't recall having to count my Elm calls for the other 4 guys, but yes, I did read that Elm calls advance the frame which is why I asked.

But I don't think this is the case, because then how are you supposed to check if you hit your seed using Elm calls before putting the parents into the DayCare?

I don't recall having to count my Elm calls for the other 4 guys, but yes, I did read that Elm calls advance the frame which is why I asked.

But I don't think this is the case, because then how are you supposed to check if you hit your seed using Elm calls before putting the parents into the DayCare?
Actually, I think elm calls only effect the iv part not the egg. Cant remember exactly becuase its been a few weeks since ive bred anything.

Hey guys,

The delays of the pokemon that we are looking for come randomly (even though we have the time, the date, and other stuff set correctly) on the game, right?

Actually, I think elm calls only effect the iv part not the egg. Cant remember exactly becuase its been a few weeks since ive bred anything.
Elm calls only advance "IV-frames", not "egg-frames". Calling youngster Joey will advance 2 "egg-frames" and refusing an egg will advance one "egg-frame".

Hey guys,

The delays of the pokemon that we are looking for come randomly (even though have the time, the date, and other stuff set correctly) on the game, right?
I have absolutely no idea of what you mean.

Hey guys,

The delays of the pokemon that we are looking for come randomly (even though have the time, the date, and other stuff set correctly) on the game, right?
I think you mean the delay of the seed. No, they do not come randomly. Thats why you can search for a spread with certain delays.

@Dea-Guess I remembered right. Thanks for the clarifiction.

Delays can be inconsistent due to minor changes in how we start the game. Your safest thing to do is to use your highest calibrated delay as your standard, that way you never have to worry about missing your target delay when you RNG. In this case, use 507 as your standard.
will do. thanks bro.

I think you mean the delay of the seed. No, they do not come randomly. Thats why you can search for a spread with certain delays.
Well, I keep doing the seeds, the time, the date, and the other things like you guys told me to over and over again, and these are what I'm getting.

T,T,T,T,H,H,T,T,T,T 3D0C0312 14 776
T,H,T,H,H,T,H,T,T,T 3D0C0316 14 780
H,T,T,T,T,T,H,H,T,T 3D0C0320 14 790
T,H,T,H,H,T,T,H,T,H 3D0C0313 14 776
T,H,T,H,T,H,H,T,T,T 3D0C0311 14 774

EDIT: that's why I'm asking.

Well, I keep doing the seeds, the time, the date, and the other things like you guys told me to over and over again, and these are what I'm getting.

Sorry, but I dont know what your delay is. I would ignore the 780 and 790 unless you get them repeatedly. You hitting your delay is probably not a game issue but human error. Once you start hitting around your delay, stick with that time and keep reseting. Most of the time I can hit a delay within 10 tries but then others it will take 30min-1hour so its just patience and luck.

E: I mean, I dont know what your target delay is.

Yeah, I totally didn't read that very carefully. Since you've done it before I guess you know what you're doing. The only thing that could be going wrong is that you've entered some information in wrong like ID/SID, or simply hitting the wrong frame. For the eggs that you are getting, do the natures and stuff match or are they totally wrong? Checking what frame the eggs you're getting are on should help you know what's going on.

Sorry, but I dont know what your delay is. I would ignore the 780 and 790 unless you get them repeatedly. You hitting your delay is probably not a game issue but human error. Once you start hitting around your delay, stick with that time and keep reseting. Most of the time I can hit a delay within 10 tries but then others it will take 30min-1hour so its just patience and luck.

E: I mean, I dont know what your target delay is.
My Target delay is 798. But don't worry, I'll get it. Cause I'm not giving up.

Do you any of you guys know the frame for this?

Coin flips: T,H,H,H,H,H,H,H,T,H
Seed: 3C0C032A
Seconds: 13
Delays: 799 delays

No the delay is NOT random. It runs and grows just like any other number, starting at 1 then changing to 2, then 3, 4, 5, .... 794, 795, 796, 797, 798, 799, etc.

The system will stop running the delay the moment you press A at the continue screen and the RNG will use the delay, along with the second, minute, hour, day, month and year to calculate a seed.

If your delays are all over the place like this it's because either/ both you and/or pikatimer are not being consistent. Take a break then try again later. Frustration makes you press the buttons way sooner/ later then your should be pressing them.

No the delay is NOT random. It runs and grows just like any other number, starting at 1 then changing to 2, then 3, 4, 5, .... 794, 795, 796, 797, 798, 799, etc.

The system will stop running the delay the moment you press A at the continue screen and the RNG will use the delay, along with the second, minute, hour, day, month and year to calculate a seed.

If your delays are all over the place like this it's because either/ both you and/or pikatimer are not being consistent. Take a break then try again later. Frustration makes you press the buttons way sooner/ later then your should be pressing them.
Okay, I will take a break. But I want you guys to answer one more question for me. And I'm asking very nicely and very calmly.

Coin flips: T,H,H,H,H,H,H,H,T,H
Seed: 3C0C032A
Seconds: 13
Delays: 799 delays

Okay, I will take a break. But I want you guys to answer one more question for me. And I'm asking very nicely and very calmly.

I already sent you a vm. I searched and there was no useable spread(imo) from frame 1 to 5000. Also, your probably not going to ever find a good spread on an adjacent seed so stick with your target seed.

I already sent you a vm. I searched and there was no useable spread(imo) from frame 1 to 5000. Also, your probably not going to ever find a good spread on an adjacent seed so stick with your target seed.
Well.... Alright. Thanks.

Oh yes, Hey guys.

I wanted to say I'm sorry for the way I behaved for the past two days.

Yeah, I totally didn't read that very carefully. Since you've done it before I guess you know what you're doing. The only thing that could be going wrong is that you've entered some information in wrong like ID/SID, or simply hitting the wrong frame. For the eggs that you are getting, do the natures and stuff match or are they totally wrong? Checking what frame the eggs you're getting are on should help you know what's going on.
I've done some more (painful) attempts with many different seeds and dates and frames and delays, and no success. I'm about 100% certain my ID, SID, dates and times are correct. My breeding pokemon are both in English, so that goes "unchecked International Parents"; the game is Soul Silver, so "checked HG/SS Shiny Egg". No items on either of the parents. Tried putting mother THEN father in daycare in case that did anything, and vice versa.

I checked the seeds, and they were spot on. And this time I actually collected every egg in between my "frame egg". None were shiny nor matched what I needed. Then tried collecting all eggs + 2 past target frame to make sure, and nothing.

And the eggs I was getting were not similar at all to what I was shooting for, about half males and half females, half with the ability and half without it, and none with the correct nature (this means that it's definitely not my ID/SID since that would affect only shininess, if I'm correct).

Are there other "things" (checkboxes, scroll-downs, fill-ins) that maybe I'm just forgetting to regulate? Is the fault in the RNG Reporter data or in the RNG technique? Is the DayCare Man just screwing with me?

I've done some more (painful) attempts with many different seeds and dates and frames and delays, and no success. I'm about 100% certain my ID, SID, dates and times are correct. My breeding pokemon are both in English, so that goes "unchecked International Parents"; the game is Soul Silver, so "checked HG/SS Shiny Egg". No items on either of the parents. Tried putting mother THEN father in daycare in case that did anything, and vice versa.

I checked the seeds, and they were spot on. And this time I actually collected every egg in between my "frame egg". None were shiny nor matched what I needed. Then tried collecting all eggs + 2 past target frame to make sure, and nothing.

And the eggs I was getting were not similar at all to what I was shooting for, about half males and half females, half with the ability and half without it, and none with the correct nature (this means that it's definitely not my ID/SID since that would affect only shininess, if I'm correct).

Are there other "things" (checkboxes, scroll-downs, fill-ins) that maybe I'm just forgetting to regulate? Is the fault in the RNG Reporter data or in the RNG technique? Is the DayCare Man just screwing with me?
The thing that sticks out is none of the eggs matching. Like you said, that's obviously not ID/SID. I don't know if somehow you're hitting the wrong second or delay or what, but with what you told me I don't know what other advice to give you. I was thinking it would be possible that your elm responses might match more than one delay, but if you've done it with a bunch of different spreads then that's highly unlikely. Maybe someone else can help?

What did Riski and the guides mean by ""ADJUST" the time on the pikatimer so I can hit the right delays"?

How do I adjust the pikatimer so I can hit the right delays?

What did Riski and the guides mean by ""ADJUST" the time on the pikatimer so I can hit the right delays"?

How do I adjust the pikatimer so I can hit the right delays?
(Thought I'd help out while I'm here.)

You can adjust the Pikatimer by inputting another delay into the "Other Delay" and pushing "Update". The "other delay" number that you enter should be the delay you repeatedly keep getting after many trials. This will then slightly change the timer to try to get you to hit the correct delay.

Your target is 798 and this is what you've been getting:

Basically, your results are pretty varied, but 776-780 range is pretty close to consistent. So this means that your timing on when you press "a" for pikatimer is really making you hit delays 776-780ish and not what you want - 798. So you can use the "Other Delay" box of pikatimer to enter in what you're hitting so that pikatimer can adjust the timing for you.

(Thought I'd help out while I'm here.)

You can adjust the Pikatimer by inputting another delay into the "Other Delay" and pushing "Update". The "other delay" number that you enter should be the delay you repeatedly keep getting after many trials. This will then slightly change the timer to try to get you to hit the correct delay.
Thanks, Enfusion. I appreciate it. ^^

Two things keep happening to me. I was hitting a seed that didn't match up in Elm Finder, yet when I finished putting in this seed it brought me to the seed I was supposed to hit; saying I was on the right frame. This happened twice. The second thing is that I've been trying a seed with an even frame (mine is usually odd) with a game boy advance cart inserted, and I keep hitting odd delays. I've been making sure all my dates and seeds match up. Can someone tell me what's going on here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)