Stats:​

HP:50
Atk:75
Def:75
SpAtk:65
SpDef:65
Spd:50​

Traits:

Keen Eye: Prevents accuracy loss/Decreases wild Pokemon encounter rate.

Stall: Makes Sableye go last.​

Mischievious Heart (Dream World): Non-Attacking moves gain +1 priority.

Lv1:Leer
Lv1:Scratch
Lv4:Forsight
Lv8:Night Shade
Lv11:Astonish
Lv15:Fury Swipes
Lv18:Fake Out
Lv22:Detect
Lv25:Shadow Sneak
Lv29:Knock Off
Lv32:Faint Attack
Lv36:Punishment
Lv39:Shadow Claw
Lv43:Power Gem
Lv46:Confuse Ray
Lv50:Trickery-[Physical][95 BP][100 Acc][15 PP]Uses opponent's strength against them; the higher the opponent's Attack stat, the more damage this move deals.
Lv53:Zen Headbutt
Lv57:Shadow Ball
Lv60:Mean Look

TM01:Claw Sharpen-[Support][15 PP]Raises user's Attack and Accuracy.
TM04:Calm Mind
TM06:Toxic
TM10:Hidden Power
TM11:Sunny Day
TM12:Taunt
TM17:Protect
TM18:Rain Dance
TM19:Telekinesis-[Support][15 PP] Makes Target easier to hit for 3 turns.
TM21:Frustration
TM27:Return
TM28:Dig
TM29:Psychic
TM30:Shadow Ball
TM31:Brick Break
TM32:Double Team
TM39:Rock Tomb
TM40:Aerial Ace
TM41:Torment
TM42:Facade
TM44:Rest
TM45:Attract
TM46:Thief
TM47:Ankle Sweep-[Physical][60 BP][100 Acc][20 PP]Damages opponent and lowers Speed by 1.
TM48:Sing-A-Round-[Special][60 BP][100 Acc][15 PP]It attacks the opponent with song. If everyone sings together, you can use the move in succession and increase its power.
TM56:Fling
TM59:Incinerate-[Special][30 BP][100 Acc][15 PP]Destroys opponent's berry.
TM61:Will-O-Wisp
TM63:Embargo
TM65:Shadow Claw
TM66:Payback
TM67:Vengeance-[Physical][70 BP][100 Acc][5 PP]It takes revenge for a fainted teammate. If a teammate fainted the turn before, this move's power increases.
TM70:Flash
TM77:Psych Up
TM84:Poison Jab
TM85:Dream Eater
TM87:Swagger
TM90:Substitute
TM94:Rock Smash
TM95:Bark Out-[Special][55 BP][95 Acc][15 PP]Causes damage and may severly lower SpAtk.
HM01:Cut

Recover
Moonlight
Nasty Plot
Flatter
Feint
Sucker Punch
Trick
Captivate
Mean Look
Metal Burst

Since its inception, Sableye has been the underdog of the Ghost types (only marginally better than Shedinja and NFE Ghosts), and its only saving grace--its Ghost/Dark typing--was stolen by Spiritomb in Gen IV. WIth Gen V, however, the Darkness Pokemon finally has something to differentiate itself from the rest of the ghosts, in the form of its new Dream World ability, Mischievious Heart!

This new ability gives priority to support moves like Will-O-Wisp and Substitute. Combine this with the fact that Sableye is the only Ghost type to recieve this ability, and the fact that it resists 5 popular priority moves (Fake Out, Extremespeed, Quick Attack, Mach Punch, and Vacuum Wave), and you have yourself one monster of a problem. Granted, its movepool hasn't really changed, and despite the kick-assity of its new ability, Sableye just doesn't have the stats to abuse them, and will most likely be standing pretty in the NU/UU tier as it did in the last Generation.

Movesets:

Prioriteyes(lol):
Sableye @ Leftovers
Careful (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
Mischievious Heart
252 HP, 120 Def, 136 SpDef
~Will-O-Wisp
~Recover/Fake Out
~Taunt/Toxic
~Night Shade/Shadow Claw/Knock Off

This set abuses Mischievious Heart to the fullest extent, with Priority for Will-O-Wisp, Recover (provided that you can breed Dream World abilities, otherwise use Fake Out for free damage), and Taunt/Toxic for Fire-types/defensive Pokes that are immune to/not bothered by Will-O-Wisp and/or want to set up on you. Night Shade or Shadow Claw provide offense in case you're taunted (Seismic Toss, unfortunantely, is no longer viable, as its a Gen III/IV Move Tutor move). Knock Off can also be used for further support, getting rid of an important item like Swimming Goggles or a Choice Item on the switch.

Those Lying Eyes:
Sableye @ Iron Ball/Lagging Tail/etc
Careful (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
Mischievious Heart
~Will-O-Wisp/Toxic/Taunt
~Trick
~Recover/Rest
~Shadow Claw/Night Shade/Sucker Punch

This set also takes advantage of the Mischievious Heart priority by bypassing the speed drop of items such as Iron Ball and Lagging Tail. Swich in on a immune hit and Trick away your item, potentially screwing up your opponent's sweep and/or wall. Will-O-Wisp or Toxic will further cripple your opponent, Recover for healing (or rest, depending on whether you can breed Dream World abilities), and Shadow Claw/Night Shade/Sucker Punch for damage output.

An alternate set, suggested by The King of Harts, would be 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 SpDef with the Aiming Mark item. With this, Sableye can switch into threats like Gengar and Skarmory, survive with roughly half its health, and use a priority Trick to take away their natural immunities. BE CAREFUL when you use this set, however, as Aiming Mark takes away YOUR OWN immunities, which are important to Sableye as its stats are too terrible to survive more than 1 attack.

Tricky Dick (originally suggested by howabe):
Sableye @ Focus Sash
Impish (+Def, -SpA)
Mischievous Heart
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
~Taunt
~Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
~Trickery
~Shadow Sneak/Fake Out/Protect

This set utilizes Sableye's sole, new level-up move, Trickery; it also functions well as an anit-lead. Lead with Taunt to prevent the opponent from setting up, WoW or Toxic, depending on who you're facing, Trickery for physical attackers (I'm not sure if Trickery accounts for stat boosts like Choice Band or Swords Dance, though), and your choice of Shadow Sneak for finishing off weakened opponents, Fake Out for free damage, and protect for an extra turn of Poison/Burn damage.

Sableye the Tormentor(suggested by Instynct):
Sableye@leftovers
Careful
252Hp/124def/136spdef
Mischevious Heart
-Torment
-Substitute
-Protect/Recover
-Will-o-Wisp/taunt/toxic

Basically come in on Gengar etc. use a priorty sub or protect to lure a shadow ball etc. if it hasn't already used it then use priorty torment to make sableye practically untouchable. Furthermore priorty subs mean the opponent can't outpredict sableye and not use the damaging move when they can as sableye has , in essence, two protects (although one results in loss of HP).

On top of this sableye can come in after any choice user has ko'd a pokemon and set up a priorty sub in case it switches and if it doesn't use torment and sub on the switch. It looks to me like a pretty good annoyer at least in UU with support from entry hazards (especially as it can't be spun against) as this is going to be causing a lot of switches if it comes off right.

Recover can be used over protect to create a sort of sub roost set although protect is preferred here due to sableye's poor stats and the health it is losing from it's subs meaning it may be too low to take a hit and recover. Leftovers is obvious with torment and protect etc. Taunt is used for substitute set uppers whereas WoW is probably better as it can stop pretty much any other set upper and also provides sableye with some residual damage to work with as it is stalling. Toxic can be used for better stalling but usually WoW is better due to it's ability to stop physical attackers cold.

Emphasis on sp.def is because of the psychics and ghosts which sablyeye probably has the most chance to come in on and set up on, also because with priorty WoW sableye is cutting any physical attack by half before it can even hit him.

Spin(cock)Blocker(Suggested by adventureguy):
Sableye @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
~ Recover
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Knock-Off
~ Taunt

This set shuts down a ton of stuff. It's also a great spikes blocker. I highly recommend trying it. It doesn't have to rely on trick and can just mash knock off forever. It rips apart stall teams like nothing, shuts down physical threats, and makes an incredible asset to stall teams with its status and item removal. Wish support also lets it switch into anything, essentially negating its poor physical defense and letting it throw out a burn for free.

And, so, that's the end. Let me know if you guys can make a better set, as I'm not the best analyst :P

I think the new move Trickery would be his best attacking option. I don't know if we have its exact mechanics down yet, but if it allows him to attack using an opponents Attack stat, it's likely to cause the most damage against anything physically based.

I think he could make an OK anti-lead in a lower tier, maybe with something along the lines of:

Sableye
@ Focus Sash
Impish (+Def, -SpA)
Mischievous Heart
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
- Taunt
- Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
- Trickery
- Shadow Sneak/Fake Out/Detect

Taunt is obvious... Get it up first with Mischievous Heart to stop setup.
Will-o-Wisp/Toxic depends on preference for crippling a physical attacker or higher damage output. The EVs and nature are titled towards Will-o-Wisp, boosting Def to work in tandem with a burned opponent with Atk lowered. Focus Sash allows Sableye to at least take one special attack...
Trickery is for standard attacking.
Fake Out can break a Sash, Shadow Sneak finish off something that uses Sash or Sturdy. Detect allow an extra turn of poison/burn damage. Your choice.

He's obviously not going to tear up the higher tiers, but he's definitely got a few decent improvements.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Hrm...You can't forget Fake Out!

Sableye @ Leftorvers
Careful
Mischievious Heart
-Fake Out
-Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
-Taunt/Substitute
-Night Shade

Same Set as Prioriteyes, but uses Fake Out instead of Recover, just in case the Dream World abilities are non-breedable.

I really like the Iron Ball/Lagging Tail trick set. Makes for a potent anti sweep tactic while potentialy giving you a good item or a choice item to trick onto another target. I think Iron Ball is the better one to use from the 2, mostly cause it can screw both walls like Bronzong and Skarmory and offensive flying types or levitators like Salamence or Gengar.

There is some mischiveous heart confusion at the moment. First of all, some people are saying that status moves aren't given priority by mischievous heart, while others say that it does, so noone knows for sure. Another thing is that mischievous heart is given in the dream world, and noone knows if dream world abilities can be passed on through breeding or not, which means dream world abilities might not be compatible with egg moves (ie sableye's recover).

Prioriteyes haha! Mischievious Heart is cool but I agree, its stats really let it down. It can Trick a choice item/status orb if it needs to halt an emergency sweep but it's going to get mauled immediately after that. Can't think of any reason to use this as a spinblocker in regular play either. If I haven't misconstrued the effects of Torment, it can screw up mono-attackers by activating Torment before it can get a hit in, which is one possible use for this.

EDIT: nvm, apparently false.

You know, with focus sash and and thanks to his immunity against fake out, he could run a lead set with metal burst.

could you combine swagger with trickery? i feel like that would give it a ridiculous combination despite it being somewhat gimmicky

Detect allow an extra turn of poison/burn damage. Your choice.
Why would Sableye use Detect if it learns Protect through TM?

Also, I really hope WoW and Toxic get priority because Sableye's essentially a TauntBot without it :( Thanks to all of you who've posted new sets--I'll be sure to update Sableye's page as soon as possible!

Sableye
@ Focus Sash
Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
Mischievous Heart
252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpD
- Taunt
- Will-o-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Fake Out

So much epic win... This thing is crying for Destiny Bond :(.

Does Substitute get priority? If so, an ultimate will-o-wisp/toxic/protect/substitute set could kick-ass.

I didn't realize Sableye got trick. How about taking your Trick idea and combine it with Aiming Mark? Something like this:

Sabelye @Aiming Mark
Sassy
HP 252 / ATK 4 / SPDEF 252
-Trick
-Taunt
-Sucker Punch
-Night Shade/(filler)

You switch into Gengar (or any Ghost, really), eat the Shadow Ball (52.6% - 62.5% Timid with Life Orb) and then Trick him the Aiming Mark. That gets rid of ALL of Gengar's immunities. No more spin blocking, Dynamic Punch taking, or Earthquake avoiding for him. Then you can OHKO him with Sucker Punch if he decides to stay in. Worst case scenario is that he switches out and you trick Aiming Mark on to something else, but is that really so bad? Besides, you can always Trick it back if you want.

Also, if you were to, say, Trick Skarmory, you get rid of his Poison and Ground immunities and get his Leftovers/Shed Shell, which makes trapping a lot easier. Getting rid of immunities and stealing Items gives Sableye a real niche.

I can't belive I'm about to say this, but Sableye has a lot of...potential.

I didn't realize Sableye got trick. How about taking your Trick idea and combine it with Aiming Mark? Something like this:

Sabelye @Aiming Mark
Sassy
HP 252 / ATK 4 / SPDEF 252
-Trick
-Taunt
-Sucker Punch
-Night Shade/(filler)
An interesting idea, but we're still not sure yet if Aiming mark gets rid of Abilities, too. I'll add Aiming Mark to the Trick list :)

Does Substitute get priority? If so, an ultimate will-o-wisp/toxic/protect/substitute set could kick-ass.
This could be a viable set, but you'd have to replace Toxic with Taunt, or else Sableye's gonna be walled by anything with Taunt.

An interesting idea, but we're still not sure yet if Aiming mark gets rid of Abilities, too. I'll add Aiming Mark to the Trick list :).
Iruchii tested it in the Research Thread and concluded that Levitate isn't affected by Aiming Mark, so it's safe to assume other abilities aren't either. However, that doesn't take away from it's effectiveness, especially since only a handful of Pokemon actually learn Trick and the only other Ghost that does is Banette, but he's not a used too often. So once you trick a Ghost with Aiming Mark, you can Rapid Spin away without fear of being re-tricked.

I like this set with Sableye
Sableye@LifeOrb
Impish/Adamant
252 HP 200 Attack 56 Defense
Stall
-Will-o-wisp
-Payback
-Recover
-Shadow Sneak

This works around going last :D stab payback after being hit has 150 BP and will-o-wisp helps by lowering damage then you can recover it off when you get too low. Bullet Punch from Adamant Choice Banded Scizor does around 60 damage.

Problem is that it isn't confirmed that dream world abilities are breedable, ( or is it?)
So that would mean that he cannot recover without rest.
I love the idea to use mean look on something and then outstall it, I doubt substitute will work for it, it gives sableye a nice niche above other ghosts, but I doubt it will reach OU or BL...
Though I always liked Sableye ^^

There is some mischiveous heart confusion at the moment. First of all, some people are saying that status moves aren't given priority by mischievous heart, while others say that it does, so noone knows for sure. Another thing is that mischievous heart is given in the dream world, and noone knows if dream world abilities can be passed on through breeding or not, which means dream world abilities might not be compatible with egg moves (ie sableye's recover).
It probably only gives priority to status moves that don't actually cause damage in any way directly or passively, which would explain why Toxic and WoW don't get it but stun spore does (burn and poison cause damage, paralysis doesn't, thus the former two equate to "attacking" moves).

I could be wrong but that makes the most sense to me.

In the research thread it says Dream World Abilities are in fact breedable. This makes me happy. The only problem I ever had with Sabeleye was its speed. Now it can really be an alright competitor in UU and annoy the shit out of everything with Knock off and Recover.

It probably only gives priority to status moves that don't actually cause damage in any way directly or passively, which would explain why Toxic and WoW don't get it but stun spore does (burn and poison cause damage, paralysis doesn't, thus the former two equate to "attacking" moves).

I could be wrong but that makes the most sense to me.
I believe toxic was tested in the research tread and it went first, so toxic and WoW will get +1 priority since they do not have a base power...

I could be being stupid here... but is there a difference?
Protect has 10 PP while Detect has 5 :P

I like this set with Sableye
Sableye@LifeOrb
Impish
*Post evs later i forget them :P*
Stall
-Will-o-wisp
-Payback
-Recover
-Shadow Sneak
This set wouldn't be viable because of Sableye's low stats. Combining it with LO damage, and its life on the battlefield will be a short one indeed. Sableye's better off being a Trick Pokemon :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)