B&W Research Thread

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Doing some research on whether storm drain/lightningrod still pull attacks...

I have two storm drainers

I use surf
Partner's SpA rose
Enemies get damaged
Partner does not get damaged

I use water gun
Ability thing appears on partner (I'm guessing it says "Storm drain took the attack!" or something)
Ability thing appears on partner again, SpA rises
Nothing happens to enemies

I use muddy water (hits both enemies, does not hit partner)
Enemies get damaged
Nothing happens to partner

So yeah, these abilities still pull things. (At least storm drain does but I don't see why lightningrod would be any different)

Okay, so I went and did a few more multi-hit tests. Here are my tests/results:

1. Physical contact multi-hit versus Rough Skin (Emboar Arm Thrust versus Rough Skin Kurimugan)
Result: The multi-hit Pokemon received Rough Skin damage for every successful hit. In other words, if the move (Arm Thrust) hit 5 times, Emboar lost 5/16th of its HP that turn.
So confirmation that Rough Skin works identically to Iron Barbs? That's nice.

Alrighty, niched hasn't posted yet, so I'll do so.

Abilities in Rotation Battles: No abilities that activate on switch in work from the back row. This includes all weather abilities.
Weather in Rotation Battles: Rain, Sun, Hail, and Sandstorm have no effect whatsoever on the back row.
Illusion Ability: Illusion copies the nickname and sprite of the last Pokemon in your party that is not fainted before the party is reordered from the switch. If this last Pokemon is the Pokemon with Illusion, nothing happens; the Pokemon appears as itself.
Did we miss this? Has not been added to OP.

Also, just to add something I forgot to, entry hazards do not break illusion.

*EDIT* Damnit, double post, wasn't thinking.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Snorlax(460kg) with 256 attack using Heavy bomber on all these pokemon having exact 216 def

Torterra(352kg): 40-38-36-36-40 damage
Dragonite(210kg): 60-59-54-53-54 damage
Mewtwo(122kg): - 81-75-73-76-77 damage
Altaria(20kg): 102-104-111-110-106 damage
Mew(4kg): 114-111-104-113-108 damage

Regarding the weight of each pokemon i suppose these results make a lot more sense. If i made a mistake somewhere or if you need more data for the correct formula don't hesitate to tell me.
assuming your snorlax (460kg)was lv.100, according to my calcs with the DP damage formula, these are the rough base powers

Code:
vs torterra(352kg)    	BP = 39-42
vs dragonite (210kg)  	BP = 59-63
vs mewtwo(122kg)     	BP = 80-86
vs altaria (20kg)  	BP = 110-120
vs mew (4kg)            BP = 112-122
max base BP seems to be around 120, considering lax is the heaviest (?) of the pkmn that learn it...

the formula may look something like:
heavy bomber BP = (user´s weight - target´s weight) x 120 / user´s weight

so,
vs mew = (460 - 4) x 120 / 460 = 118 (tests say 112-122)
vs altaria = (460 - 20) x 120 / 460 = 115 (tests say 110-119)
vs mewtwo = (460 - 122) x 120 / 460 = 89 (tests say 80-85) !
vs dragonite = (460 - 210) x 120 / 460 = 66 (tests say 59-62) !

this formula is wrong

...I´ll try to figure this out lol

EDIT: maybe the description is misleading and it´s just some kind of reverse low kick/grass knot
- does more damage to lighter foes, something like this:

400.1+ kg = 20 BP (you could test against another snorlax)
300.1-400 kg = 40 BP (torterra)
200.1-300 kg = 60 BP (dragonite)
100.1-200 kg = 80 BP (mewtwo)
50.1-100 kg = 100 BP (no test subject)
<=50 kg = 120 BP (altaria & mew)

Mien could you please test the damage around 5-10 times against a gastly or something to get the highest damage possible? Afterwards a few more with Altaria and then against something with 25.1-50 kg and 50.1-100kg so that we have the whole thing

EDIT2: sorry had to fix the calcs a bit, they were slightly off (max BP was off by 1)

Retested Mischievous Heart earlier and now I'm pretty sure it adds +1 priority to zero base power moves.

This was my previous post about it. Everything there is confirmed.

Then I decided to test it against priority again;

Erufuun used Stun Spore!
Wild Shimama was paralyzed!
Wild Shimama used Quick Attack!

Then I tested this against a friend's scarfed Basurao (so that it was faster than my Erufuun);

Basurao used Aqua Jet!
Erufuun used Stun Spore!
Basurao was paralyzed!

The last nail in the coffin will be when I get access to an ExtremeSpeed Pokémon, which now has +2 Priority, and test it against Mischievous Heart Stun Spore. I'll also test Taunt and Substitute immediately after I get the TMs, and will start breeding for Encore Erufuun so that can be tested too.

edit; For completeness sake, also tested in a double battle:

Erufuun and Abagoora vs Zebraika and Shikijika
Erufuun: 114 speed
Abagoora: 78 speed

Erufuun used Stun Spore!
Wild Zebraika was paralyzed!
Abagoora used Aqua Jet!
Wild Zebraika fainted!

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Doing some research on whether storm drain/lightningrod still pull attacks...

I have two storm drainers

I use surf
Partner's SpA rose
Enemies get damaged
Partner does not get damaged

I use muddy water (hits both enemies, does not hit partner)
Enemies get damaged
Nothing happens to partner

So yeah, these abilities still pull things. (At least storm drain does but I don't see why lightningrod would be any different)
Weird, so Surf raises the partner's Sp. Attack but not Muddy Water?

EDIT -- Ehhh I thought Muddy Water worked like Surf and hit everybody at the field. Sorry.

At first glance the boost still seems to be 10 per Vitamin. I tested this with a couple of Carbos and an EV check AR code. I can't do further testing ATM.

EDIT: I can confirm the Max amount of EV's is still 510. I tested this with the AR EV check code on my fully (randomly) EV'ed starter. It also won't take more Vitamins, so there's no glitch there.
I'll ask him again to know what went wrong with him, then.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
assuming your snorlax (460kg)was lv.100, according to my calcs with the DP damage formula, these are the rough base powers

Code:
vs torterra(352kg)    	BP = 39-42
vs dragonite (210kg)  	BP = 59-63
vs mewtwo(122kg)     	BP = 80-86
vs altaria (20kg)  	BP = 110-120
vs mew (4kg)            BP = 112-122
max base BP seems to be around 120, considering lax is the heaviest (?) of the pkmn that learn it...

the formula may look something like:
heavy bomber BP = (user´s weight - target´s weight) x 120 / user´s weight

so,
vs mew = (460 - 4) x 120 / 460 = 118 (tests say 112-122)
vs altaria = (460 - 20) x 120 / 460 = 115 (tests say 110-119)
vs mewtwo = (460 - 122) x 120 / 460 = 89 (tests say 80-85) !
vs dragonite = (460 - 210) x 120 / 460 = 66 (tests say 59-62) !

this formula is wrong

...I´ll try to figure this out lol

EDIT: maybe the description is misleading and it´s just some kind of reverse low kick/grass knot
- does more damage to lighter foes, something like this:

400.1+ kg = 20 BP (you could test against another snorlax)
300.1-400 kg = 40 BP (torterra)
200.1-300 kg = 60 BP (dragonite)
100.1-200 kg = 80 BP (mewtwo)
50.1-100 kg = 100 BP (no test subject)
<=50 kg = 120 BP (altaria & mew)

Mien could you please test the damage around 5-10 times against a gastly or something to get the highest damage possible? Afterwards a few more with Altaria and then against something with 25.1-50 kg and 50.1-100kg so that we have the whole thing

EDIT2: sorry had to fix the calcs a bit, they were slightly off (max BP was off by 1)

Did you forget about Aggron and his 793.7 Weight?!?
He also has an ability that doubles weight too. (1587.4)

Thanks for the calculations.

The Vitamins, like always, give 10 EVs.
The "feather" items that you found in the bridge where Swanna pre-evos are, give 1 EV.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1. Physical contact multi-hit versus Rough Skin (Emboar Arm Thrust versus Rough Skin Kurimugan)
Result: The multi-hit Pokemon received Rough Skin damage for every successful hit. In other words, if the move (Arm Thrust) hit 5 times, Emboar lost 5/16th of its HP that turn.
So you're saying that Rough Skin has been nerfed back down to doing 1/16 against a contact move? It was 1/8 in 4th gen.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If it's okay with you guys, can I get a confirmation of the formular for Electra Ball? Is it really the reverse of Gyro Ball?

For passing on Dream World abilities from mothers, do they have be be carrying the everstone and if not, does carrying the everstone increase the chances of the ability passing on?

Is there any info on how Telekinesis works? Is it just a reverse Gravity?
Does it change your opponents ability into levitate, does it affect the entire field in doubles or just one opponent? How much does it increase accuracy by?

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there any info on how Telekinesis works? Is it just a reverse Gravity?
Does it change your opponents ability into levitate, does it affect the entire field in doubles or just one opponent? How much does it increase accuracy by?
I can tell you that it only hits one target, not the entire field.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
For passing on Dream World abilities from mothers, do they have be be carrying the everstone and if not, does carrying the everstone increase the chances of the ability passing on?
Re-read the description in the first post and see if it mentions anything about Everstones. (spoiler: it doesn't. Please read the first post carefully before posting questions.)

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Does magic mirror reflect defog, and if it does, can you use it to clear your own side of the field in a multi battle by having the defogger target someone with magic mirror on your own side?

Does magic mirror reflect defog, and if it does, can you use it to clear your own side of the field in a multi battle by having the defogger target someone with magic mirror on your own side?
You could always use Defog on your partner in a Mult-Battle and it would clear the entry hazards your opponent layed. I don't see why you would need to use it on a Pokemon with Magic Mirror.

The ability "Iron Barbs" does 1/8 damage; I didn`t tested Rough Skin, but im pretty sure it does the same amount of damage.

So, I tested the "Rugged Helmet"
Code:
Pokémon Black and White have introduced a new item with the name Rugged
Helmet (rough translation). This item, when equipped, deals 1/8th (of  full HP)
 damage to the opponent when they use a contact move. For all  intents and
 purposes, it gives the bearer an additional ability in Rough Skin.
Well, it`s not 1/8; it need to take effect 7 times to faint the opponent:

Swanna (Lv36) with "Rugged Helmet" vs wild Minezumi (Lv8)

Gear (Lv25) with "Rugged Helmet" vs wild Minezumi (Lv8)

I also tested Desseed (Iron Barbs) with "Rugged Helmet", the ability activate first, then the item; it takes 4 times to faint the opponent:

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, it`s not 1/8; it need to take effect 7 times to faint the opponent:

*snip*
I'm fairly certain it is 1\8 of total HP; at such low levels you've got a lot of rounding going on. It'd be better if tested with a high-level opponent, but I think what you've tested so far is great, thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)