[Beginner] Everybody Starts Somewhere Mafia (Game Over; Fluffy Grazing Animals win)

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I honestly can say that I had no point being subbed in except posting one or two defensive posts for my teammates. And I can say that this game would've been ours a slight more had Upside not said the things he did.

That does it. I'm done here. If that PM is real, and its owner thinks I'm "obviously" mafia, I've lost anyways. Even if it isn't, I'm still going to get lynched by majority today anyways.

I am mafia. Silencer, to be exact. My role name is Shark Week. Make of this what you will.
I have no regrets regarding the way I played except for my defense of Terrador, which I still think seems valid. Now that nothing matters anymore, we ought to realize that Terrador could easily have been village based on the "evidence": a fake PM with only slight differences. I would like to contact Terrador just to see what his original submission was, just for kicks and giggles.

What does everyone else think of my maneuver Day 5? I think it was actually rather good; saving my own man from the chopping block while casting suspicion on two other players. I had all sorts of evidence to add to my arguments thanks to Upside's repeatedly erroneous information and Objection's past near-lynch. Remember, guys: when digging yourself a hole, always bring a ladder.

The two mafia seem rather imbalanced to me. Until the endgame, the Darros Lovers were more powerful; they were able to lynchblock, redirect attacks, and bodyguard, making them more of a force during the night than my own VBCA. We worked during the day with kidnaps and silences taking care of unfavorable votes. Sure, we could hook, but the person in charge of doing so died at the hands of TweakMaster. The Darros were made for early nights; the VBCA was for later day phases. I wouldn't say they were particularly balanced, although the kill cycles put them on par with the village; if Snype killed every 3rd day or even every other day, that would be more of a balance than whenever-the-hell-he-wanted.

I realize that I could attempt to lynch one of the village, but it's so small that you probably know each other by now anyways. The most suspicious guy I could find was markyguila for his relative silence the whole game, but then I thought of a lynch target that people would REALLY want to follow.

LYNCH GENERAL SPOON

I find it fitting that General Spoon is ICBB; it seems like a testament to his utter failtasticalosity as a host. From interfering with the game (day 4 lynch--there is no need to re-post a rule) to screwing up an information role (arcv2's Reptar--are there 14 villagers or 13?) to even forgetting the mafias' kill pattern until he checked the spreadsheet, the General has probably been the worst host I've ever seen. I'm not terribly surprised that the vigilante can kill more often than the mafia can. Had I designed this game, though, I would have given that ability to purplefingers as his post-death role instead of the largely useless Role Name Checker.

Bad game, guys, but decently played. No hard feelings against anyone--annoying other people is just part of the game. I had fun, and would not mind designing one of my own. I only need a cohost and some inspiration.

*note: Hammer-voting mewtwo15026. Since one person is silenced, I do believe that this makes majority.*
Rather than replying to your points and getting us into a needless game mechanics war, I'm just going to say that I disagree with many of your points (hint: this means you're wrong).

Final update will be up in a few moments.

At the end of the day my high school English teacher enters the hotel and stabs mewtwo15026 to death with her Pointy Stick of Death.
You are Shark Week.

You are aired on the Discovery Channel for annually, and last for one-week, usually running in July and/or August. You are awesome, airing nothing but programs about sharks for that whole week, with new content every year. You are going to help out your allies in the Very Big Corporation of America.

At night you may send General Spoon and shuckles my hero a PM entitled “Night x – Special show just for USER” You will air on USER's television, causing him to be stunned silent by the awesomeness. If USER posts in the game thread the following day phase, he will be godkilled by shark with legs.

You are allied with the Very Big Corporation of America. You win if at least one of your members is alive and all other factions have been eliminated.
Yay! The Very Big Corporation of America has been eliminated from the game. The remaining Fluffy Grazing Animals decide to share their role PMs with each other in an act of friendship. My high school English teacher first takes iiMKULtra's role PM and reads it out loud.
You are Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film.

You are one of the Knights of the Round Table of Arthur, King of the Britons. You aided him in his quest for the Holy Grail, but were not given any screentime for your exploits, prompting the narrator to make a joke about how aptly named you are. As if that wasn't enough, everybody says that you're a bit young to be a knight. You have joined the Fluffy Grazing Animals to aid them.

At night you may send General Spoon and shuckles my hero a PM entitled “Night x – Break the fourth wall” In the body of the PM you are to write a question which can be answered with a “yes” or with a “no”. The question may not contain any Smogon names.The hosts will then truthfully answer your question. If you are unsure if you can ask a question, you should check with us first.

You are allied with the Fluffy Grazing Animals. You win if at least one of your members is alive and all other factions have been eliminated.
Next up is StevenSnype. His role PM is also read by my high school English teacher.
You are Lex Luthor.

You are the President of LexCorp, and the archenemy of Superman. You are so intelligent that you take Superman on only using your brains, and do a pretty good job of it. You spent your younger days as a mad scientist, but you've put that way behind you. So far behind you that you were once elected President of the United States. You have thrown your lot in with the Fluffy Grazing Animals in this battle.

At night you may send General Spoon and shuckles my hero a PM entitled “Night x – Take 40 cakes from USER” While nobody is looking, you will take 40 cakes from USER, causing him to die from grief. However, this is a terrible act, and the police will start a manhunt, preventing you from stealing cakes the following night. Therefore, this can only be done every other night, starting from the first night you successfully steal cakes.

You are allied with the Fluffy Grazing Animals. You win if at least one of your members is alive and all other factions have been eliminated.
My high school English teacher then starts to talk about her cats. One of them is named Merlin; he's the oldest and biggest cat they have. He doesn't really do much, but when he does do things its funny. Then there was this one time she saw a kitten abandoned in a parking lot, and then her husband walked over and saw that she was looking at it, and he sighed and said something to the effect of "Alright, fine. What are we going to name him?" And then later when she gets back on track, she reads markyguila's role PM.
You are Coach.

You were a health teacher and and the coordinator for the freshman football team at a high school in Savannah before the zombies came and ruined your happy life of teaching the little ones. Despite this you have remained optimistic, and your struggles have proven to you that teamwork and good weapons are important to surviving a zombies apocalypse. And now the Fluffy Grazing Animals need your help surviving this fight.

As the survivor of a zombie apocalypse, your opinion carries more weight than a normal person's. As such, your vote towards lynches counts as two.

Then when she's done with that, she shows you some Strongbad emails. Congratulations on winning Fluffy Grazing Animals!

You can expect the postgame to be up sometime this weekend.

I think the only imbalance with the two mafias was the players they got. VBCA were all noobs except for Quagsires. Darros Lovers were generally more experienced players (which is probably why on d6 when both mafias had two men left, we were wiped out first).

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
I think the only imbalance with the two mafias was the players they got. VBCA were all noobs except for Quagsires. Darros Lovers were generally more experienced players (which is probably why on d6 when both mafias had two men left, we were wiped out first).
That reason is one of the reasons why I wanted Darros dead first. Tbh, before this game, i had no clue who everyone in VBCA was (except for quagsires), Darros i've seen all of you somewhere (except for NJ).

The other reason was silly me subbing in told Upside that this vigilante was an alternate night killer. Upside was Darros; therefore i needed you guys gone first since you guys could take advantage on the nights when i can't kill.

Btw Upside, I'd like to say what really threw me off was that you said there was a village redirector... just like how Objection claimed villi silencer in AG. :|

I claimed full vigilante since thoughts told me that mewtwo was mafia, and in that little 4-man convo with me, thoughts, NJ, and mewtwo, I didn't want any mafia to know that I was the vigilante who could kill alternate nights to take advantage of the nights I couldn't kill.

The other reason was that I was counting night kills. Nobody died n3, i think i killed pf the night before and let him rez. n1 and n2 2 ppl died due to VBCA/Darros. so it was obviously 2/3. You can also thank mewtwo for hinting it out and complaining when he said "WTF? THAT'S SO BULLSHIT!" in that chat.

While the Darros Lovers made some horrible fake claims, the only one whose was valid was NJ as SG, at least you guys mixed up the roles and you made me waste a night kill.

The only reason why I continued with the claim of fulltime vigilante was b/c i noticed that the kidnapper didn't exist anymore (or idled for like 3 nights ._.). VBCA, you had that won, why dan idled should be a good reason. There wasn't even a hooker past d3. :|

Anyway, i figured that kidnapper got nerfed to silencer. So I assumed for the worst possible case, and figured that the last VBCA was a lynch redirector. The priority was to keep marky alive and unsilenced, so I had to figure to distract you guys somehow. Alternate vigilante wouldn't matter much, but fulltime vig would've been an immediate threat and forced you guys to target me. If dan hadn't idled, i believe this game would've been the VBCA's at night 8.
Silence mayor,
Kill me
Kidnap rogue. 2 v 1 or 1v1, depending if my kill had a higher priority than yours (which I doubt would've happened.)

The game was yours so long as you killed me.

Danman didn't actually idle; I guess the snype (uc wut i did ther?) had priority over the kidnap.

A lynch redirector would've been nice. How come Genny didn't think of that?

Also:
General Spoon said:
Rather than replying to your points and getting us into a needless game mechanics war, I'm just going to say that I disagree with many of your points (hint: this means you're wrong).
At LEAST describe in detail to us what your thought process was when making the roles. At LEAST.

That was fun :) As vigilante, I tried to mostly stay in the background, I didn't even vote in the first two lynches. At first I was just following orders, targetting Danman N1 only to be stopped by Objection (Why he protected the other Mafia, I don't know, unless Upside already had the spreadsheet) and activating purplefingers Rogue power N2, though I should have just killed a Mafia. I was partially trusting BM, partially hoping purplefingers would get to kill, and partially thinking YoshiX would boost my powers so I could kill every night (Yeah, I thought he might have been telling the truth. Maybe).

By Day 4, I was in close contact with Thoughts, and knew Upside and Objection were Darros. Thoughts told me to lynch Objection a couple hours before deadline, but no one was voting with me, and I didn't want Upside to know that I didn't trust him, so I switched back to Quagsires to please him. Upside told me to kill Markyguila, and I said I would while actually targetting Upside :P But Objection stopped me again. 2 kills out of 3. You have no idea how happy I was when he died :)

By now I was figuring out who all the Mafia were, and knew everyone except Acklow and NJ (Both of whom I knew nothing about) when I got subbed out :(

Sep 23 22:38:18 <GeneralSpoon> there's a funny story behind aruamaster being subbed out
Sep 23 22:38:33 <GeneralSpoon> On like, the night raseri died
Sep 23 22:38:44 <GeneralSpoon> I thought I made a fuckup and duke was supposed to die
Sep 23 22:38:54 <GeneralSpoon> so I made a new update with duke dead
Sep 23 22:39:00 <GeneralSpoon> but quick noticed I was wrong
Sep 23 22:39:04 <GeneralSpoon> and fixed it again
Sep 23 22:39:10 <auramaster> But I saw it
Sep 23 22:39:14 <GeneralSpoon> at the end of the day, the only mistake was the kill flavor
Sep 23 22:39:21 <GeneralSpoon> aura saw it, got subbed out

:( Overall, I thought GS and shuckles did a fine job hosting, especially GS for putting up with all my questions :). There were some problems with the Mafia, mostly Upside's role and Acklow only having a lynch redirect, one's too strong and one too weak IMO. Just one question; why didn't anyone kill me/Steven? Upside knew I was vigi even before Steven subbed in <_<

Maybe not last night but there were other nights when danman did idle. In fact you didn't kidnap anyone after n3.
The only nights I idled were N5 and N6 (and N0) in an attempt to keep the attention on Darros. On N4, I was gonna kidnap badal, but Upside redirected me to thoughts, who was already kidnapped. And on my final night, I was kidnapping Steven but he had higher priority than I did, so he killed me.

Hey mewtwo, you guys weren't underpowered. You had a -2 vote swing on your side. We had nothing. Also, the reason we did so well early game was that through moling/Terrador giving us your info d1, we had an almost complete spreadsheet by d3, only missing the martyr, the mayor, and the second safeguard.

You also had a hooker and a kidnapper, while our only way of preventing night actions was redirecting. On the other side of things, we got a lynch stopper (Which also benefited you), and a BG (To stop a 1/2 night vig or something).

Anyways, my side of the story:

Basically, from d1, I claimed alliance checker to BunnyMaster. We had inspected Thoughts and knew he was the village inspector. Wolf gets lynched d1 one, sad for the mafia. For the rest of the nights I tried to get as much info as I could out of BunnyMaster while not seeming suspicious. We saved a few mafia lives and threw around some redirections just to cause chaos. By whatever day Objection was going to be lynched, we decided to blow our lynch stop, knowing we needed as many people as possible, as we had no night roles that would let us swing the lynch in our favor. We decided to go balls-to-the-wall and lynch YoshiX, who happened to be silenced.

After that we basically played it by ear. Our main gameplan was just to put the village and the mafias on equal terms, and try to pull out a win because of the fact that we had a full spreadsheet. Unfortunately, the other mafia basically threw the game away for both of us when they decided to kill Acklow. Even when we had told them the night before that they should be killing thoughts and we'd be picking off a villy (Going for mayor, markyguila).

Anyways, great game. Wolf getting hit d1 basically screwed the mafias, seeing as we only killed 2/3 and could only get a +1 gain on the village every 3 nights, assuming they didn't lynch wrong and their vig didn't hit any of the mafia.

Hey mewtwo, you guys weren't underpowered. You had a -2 vote swing on your side. We had nothing. Also, the reason we did so well early game was that through moling/Terrador giving us your info d1, we had an almost complete spreadsheet by d3, only missing the martyr, the mayor, and the second safeguard.

You also had a hooker and a kidnapper, while our only way of preventing night actions was redirecting. On the other side of things, we got a lynch stopper (Which also benefited you), and a BG (To stop a 1/2 night vig or something).

Anyways, my side of the story:

Basically, from d1, I claimed alliance checker to BunnyMaster. We had inspected Thoughts and knew he was the village inspector. Wolf gets lynched d1 one, sad for the mafia. For the rest of the nights I tried to get as much info as I could out of BunnyMaster while not seeming suspicious. We saved a few mafia lives and threw around some redirections just to cause chaos. By whatever day Objection was going to be lynched, we decided to blow our lynch stop, knowing we needed as many people as possible, as we had no night roles that would let us swing the lynch in our favor. We decided to go balls-to-the-wall and lynch YoshiX, who happened to be silenced.

After that we basically played it by ear. Our main gameplan was just to put the village and the mafias on equal terms, and try to pull out a win because of the fact that we had a full spreadsheet. Unfortunately, the other mafia basically threw the game away for both of us when they decided to kill Acklow. Even when we had told them the night before that they should be killing thoughts and we'd be picking off a villy (Going for mayor, markyguila).

Anyways, great game. Wolf getting hit d1 basically screwed the mafias, seeing as we only killed 2/3 and could only get a +1 gain on the village every 3 nights, assuming they didn't lynch wrong and their vig didn't hit any of the mafia.
The other mafia actually idled on the night Acklow died. It was auramaster who killed you.

Ah, so my redirection was lower priority than the martyr I assume? Well, in that case, I'm not even quite sure what the other mafia's endgame plan was. Why idle?

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
The other mafia actually idled on the night Acklow died. It was StevenSnypewho killed you.
Fixed for accuracy.

There were two reasons I targeted Acklow.

The night I subbed in and voted for Objection, I reasoned with thoughts to give me access to his spreadsheet since he "accidentally PMd me" (I believe he was talking with Rayquaza at the time) with a link to the spreadsheet and didn't give me access. I read all the claims and I figured that if Objection and Upside were baddies, then whoever claimed the redirector was a baddie, and guess who claimed redirector?

Second reason: I will keep this one mum until GS decides to elaborate in the postgame.

Also Upside, i believe they idled for two reasons because that was the smartest thing to do since you were the biggest suspect. Why kill a baddie when he's the likeliest person to be lynched after defending a mafia bodyguard, and most of the villagers knew/had access to the spreadsheet (only one who didn't was marky).

Also, I believe they would use that night as the idle to be able to kill for the next two nights afterwards. I'm not going to look back to see what it was at that point b/c i'm a bit tired, but if anyoen else wants to elaborate, feel free.

In all honesty though, I don't think this game should've been the villagers' victory since they lost the BG n1; the dominating mafia knew pretty much all of the people's roles. The main differences between this game and Anything Goes (which was a complete failure for the villagers btw) was that the village vigilante(s) didn't get anything done in AG, the wolf was lynched d1 in ESS, and that supposedly the alive VBCA weren't willing to collaborate with NJ the day after thoughts had died. You guys could've won if you collaborated the kills, silences, and kidnaps.

The game was the VBCA's guaranteed the night thoughts died since all dan had to do was kidnap the mayor (who NJ knew), silence someone and kill/lynch me off (who NJ knew).

GS or shuckles my hero, could one of you post the priority list(s)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)