Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

Yeah I can defo c how jolly chomp would be better, but would the lack off power make any problems?

Yeah my zap was originaly made to be bulky for normal battles, with roost etc, but changed set for this team, but I dont think i'd of got so far with out zap bein bulky he great at taking hits and lives through alot rock moves due to his bulk, so dont think A more offensive set would have helped me much more, specially because like I said most time poke already damaged wen zap attacks from chomp, so zap is more to clean up, but take out troublesome ice/waters, I use life orb to rise the attack, i've
Used other items but missed the power, and zap bulky enough to use it.
I've always thought jolt was the weaklink wen I was on the run, even tho he done his job, he the won I worry sending out the most, also would a fire move reducing berry make any difference to scizor? Or would he roast reguardless lol

Cheers for the luck, everyone needs it in tower lol.
Congrats on your streak btw love that hitmolee, did debate about using that set instead off jolt lol

Finally decided on my Dragonites for single Battle Hall

They will all be:

Dragonite @ Focus Sash
Mild (+SpA -Def)
252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

The movesets are where The differences are:

#1 *Sala Sucks*
-Draco Meteor
-Extreme Speed
-Thunder Bolt
-Super Power

Types (6): Water, Ghost, Dark, Normal, Psychic, Ice ( Grrrrrrr... Hate Weavile!!!)

#2 *Nite4Eva*
-Draco Meteor
-Extreme Speed
-Earthquake
-Super Power

Types (6): Electric, Fire, Rock, Ghost, Poison, Steel

#3 *Outclassing*
-Draco Meteor
-Extreme Speed
-Ice Beam
-Flame Thrower

Types (6): Dragon, Flying, Ground, Fighting, Grass, Bug

Don't feel afraid to tell me where to edit or if it will go horribly wrong. I would also accept much advice as I have never attempted the Hall before. You may have noticed I hate salamence. I wouldn't touch it no matter what the size of the pole.

Is it better to do it at 55 or 100? Or is there no difference

Thanks, waffles

@ ashez: Whoa, I thought I posted a few hours ago, but I guess I never actually hit the post button lol. Yeah, I was going to say Jolly for Garchomp and Timid or at least Modest for Zapdos. I mean, Bold Zapdos, heavy defensive EV investment.... holding Life Orb? That Zapdos is meant to hold leftovers, and leftovers Zapdos is pretty meh in Double Battling. But yeah, Bold with no SpA EVs but holding life orb is not good.
EDIT: lol, ok, people pretty much said everything I wanted to say for chomp and zapdos...

As for Scizor. You're better off with Adamant (probably enough speed EVs to outspeed 0 Speed Heatran is good enough). Most of the time you should hopefully be using Bullet Punch or protect. Brick Break will be used primarily on normal types and steel types, many of which will be outsped by Scizor, and many of the ones that outspeed Adamant Scizor will also outspeed Jolly. Also, Bug Bite > X-Scissor.

EDIT: If you find that Scizor is using basically Bullet Punching nearly all the time instead of the other 2 attacking moves, then maybe consider just holding Iron Plate to boost that and let Jolteon hold the expert belt since it has better super effective coverage.

Basically, I can't stand breeding pokemon or soft resetting for legendary ones. It just takes too long, especially the legendaries. I have had my on eye on several legendaries for quite some time(I still don't have access to the twins). This drove me to catch a couple of mediocre legendaries, which led to mediocre results.

Initially I had planned on setting Garchomp up to sweep with Stealth Rock support. I couldn't pull that off so I changed to setting Drapion up to sweep, with Garchomp as insurance.

I wanted a bulky lead that could use Trick, Yawn and a combination of Thunderwave, Charm, Memento or Flash. I decided on Uxie. I wanted to use it with Drapion and Garchomp. The problem, my mediocre Uxie couldn't handle strong water attacks. It usually was barely a 2HKO, forcing me to switch in Drapion. I had a lot of trouble with strong water, dragon, ice and especially bug attacks.

I had been using a mediocre Heatran instead of Drapion to speed through the first 49 battles. 175 wins after I had committed to Heatran, I ran across RNG. Since then, I have captured two awesome legends, and my team has benefited from the upgrade.

Uxie @Choice Scarf
Calm
181/72/151/82/180/134

Trick
Yawn
Memento
Thunderwave

Heatran @Wide Lens
Calm
198/89/138/150/160/97

Stealth Rock
Scary Face
Torment
Flamethrower

Garchomp @Lum berry
Jolly
181/182/115/90/105/169

Substitute
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Outrage

Uxie Tricks on turn 1, I switch to Heatran for damaging moves that aren't water, fighting, or ground. Ideally, Heatran uses Scary Face, until the pokemon is slower than Uxie. It then uses Stealth Rock and Torment. Uxie switches into the Struggle. This allows Uxie to Yawn and then usually to Memento. This keeps the pokemon from damaging itself again and gets Garchomp in immediately without getting damaged.

I try not to sacrifice Uxie or Heatran, if I don't need to. For special attackers that can't break Garchomp's sub with a crit and will continue to Struggle, I switch Garchomp in after the Yawn. EDIT: Trying to preserve Uxie has been an inconvenience, up until now. Now it's a full blown problem. I should have lost after 379 wins, because I didn't get the 3rd Swords Dance that sacrificing Uxie would have provided. I'm not going to bother if there is ANY reasonable risk to Garchomp.

So far, Brave Bird and Double Edge have proven to be a pain in the ass. Wood Hammer and Flare Blitz are irritants.

I usually Trick/TW/Memento strong, fast water type pokemon. The slower ones I Yawn, Memento, Garchomp gets a sub and a SD and sweeps.

Thanks to Jumpman16 and Peterko, I've learned a lot from your posts. Thanks to TRE, I'm sure that I haven't learned as much from you as I could(If you only posted more often about singles). Also, I'd like to thank Garo, I've been wanting to pair that Registeel with Garchomp since I first saw it.

I might as well make it official, Uxie/Heatran/Garchomp lost after 489 wins. I faced some bad luck and decided to break one of my rules. Toxicroak poisoned Ux turn 1. I think I used Scary Face twice, and continued to stall it out of Poison Jab, so that Ux could Yawn and Memento. Struggle got a crit on the switch, causing Uxie to only be able to Yawn. Garchomp put up a sub and Sword Danced on the next turn. I was supposed to attack. One sub and one SD is usually better than two SDs and no sub. I knew that a Toxicroak crit would kill it and leave me subless. I was irritated and went for it, much to my regret. Anyway, it only gets worse. I took out the next pokemon, and then Infernape shows up. It had a plus speed nature(16%). Down went Garchomp. I was happy to see that Heatran survived a Close Combat and did like 75% with Flamethrower.

Hi Fast Hippo! Seems like it's been a while since you posted here! Glad to see you back in action!

I theorymonned something similar strategy-wise a short while ago (as in, one sweeper and 2 stat-decreasers, I didn't use Torment though), with Latios instead of Garchomp (since I got the Enigma Stone Latios a short while ago hehe), and ... another steel type instead of Heatran, but... well, never got the time to play it out yet, still.

(... And other teams planned out but never executed too, hah... *sigh* anyway, I'll shut up now.)

72-38980-83758

Quick Claw OHKO users are a pain in the ass. Luckily, there's only one of them in TRE's B/W Battle Subway list so it should be less irritating in the 5th gen.

Yeah c what you mean, i'm going to breed a new chomp shortly, but dont think i'l beable to get a different zap but might decide to run though red again to get one lol, so hopefully should have better ranking soon. Just trying to work out with jolteon is worth his place, kinda debating there something better, jolt is great and cleaning up but started to have problems with normal types specially bulky ones like lax and slaking but if went to fighting type would need ice punch and quicker than glicor, anyway any thoughts? Cheers for everything.

@hippo liking the unique team well done

Pretty much a copy+paste from my post at Serebii, hopefully that isn't against the rules or anything >_>

Streak of 142 in the Battle Tower, using absolutely no cheats or TrickScarf methods.

Team:

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Sp Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Attack
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Explosion

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defence / 4 Sp Defence
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Used this team right from battle 21, making absolutely no changes.

Proof:

161 HGSS Link Battle Tower

The Team:

OPENER, TEAM 1

31/31/31/X/31/31
Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Outrage
- Swords Dance

Usually EQ's off the bat but sometimes SD's if Zapdos is in control. Works great - immune to Zapdos' Discharge and Doesn't hurt Zapdos with EQ. Outrage is for when there are 1-2 Pokémon left and i dont regret using it over Dragon Claw.

OPENER, TEAM 2

31/X/30/31/31/31
Zapdos @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Discharge

Works wonders with Garchomp especially as all the ice attacks go to 'chomp and then he survives them with his sash. One huge advantage of being slower than Garchomp is I can roost while chomp EQ's and I don't die.

BACK UP, TEAM 1

31/31/31/X/31/31
Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

A reasonable back up. works nicely solo or with a team mate. When solo it is often easily to get up to +6 due to roost. =6 STAB Technician BP 2HKOs even many who resist it.

BACK UP, TEAM 2

31/31/31/X/31/0
Bronzong @ Iron Ball
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis

Pretty simple. Zapdos, even running an offensive spread, still withstands a lot, meaning if this thing is out, it's usually late game. Scizor can sub while I explode or Garchomp can just die if the opposition will too. Hypnosis is great support when combined with Scizor subbing and gyro is a nice form of attack. In my 77 streak I have used EQ once so that might not stay there.
OK. I have finally managed to post some proof of my streak of 161 in the HGSS link (2 Ds's) battle tower!

PROOF:

Sorry about the quality, I took a pic of my DS Phat with my DSi.
(Hopefully) Post again when I reach 250!

Regarding the Battle Hall, does anyone have the Speed Tiers?

Some of those Battle Subway Pokemon are INSANE (not to mention they stole them from Smogon):

917 | Registeel | Careful | Chesto Berry | Curse | Amnesia | Iron Head | Rest | HP/SpD
914 | Suicune | Bold | Chesto Berry | Calm Mind | Surf | Ice Beam | Rest | HP/Def
954 | Suicune | Bold | Leftovers | Surf | Blizzard | Calm Mind | Protect | HP/Def
906 | Garchomp | Jolly | Focus Sash | Swords Dance | Rock Slide | Earthquake | Dragon Claw | Atk/Spd
819 | Drifblim | Bold | Custap Berry | Shadow Ball | Thunderbolt | Hypnosis | Destiny Bond | Spd/SpD

That Drifblim is a massive pain; you'd better take it down in one hit, basically. Thank God there's no Shanderaa.

And it turns out they've learned how to use Blissey:

893 | Blissey | Bold | Chople Berry | Toxic | Minimize | Mud Bomb | Softboiled | Def/SpD

It can't do much offensively, but it'll be a MASSIVE pain to kill.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Holy Bajeesus: Blissey with Minimise and Softboiled??
I'm almost glad that I get to retain my sanity for a year or so until BW come out in English. And the rest of them look like terrors as well.

Less OHKO users though. And we get new toys to play with too. I'm thinking of the ability Mischevious Heart (which makes status etc moves go first). Erufuun has the ability and Switcheroo, along with Charm, Flash, Stun Spore, Memento, Worry Seed, Cotton Spore. A good Choice Scarf lead?

Two of the genies also have the ability, if we can use it in the subway.

There are also now Subway Masters for double and Multi Battles.

EDIT: Seems there are now tons of Pokemon with Fling/Sticky Hold. Bit of a problem for Trick/Switcheroo users...

HEY YA'LL! wow! I turn my head and Peterko has made a staggering streak of 600+ at B-Tower double! And I was just meditating on how I'm gonna make my Typhlosion/Eruption team(the one I used on 2 vs. 2 castle) battle there. I like the point Peterko made about hitmonlee, I mean I have and adament and jolly one myself, but they sit in the pc and collect dust, who would of thought it could fight that good, It's the same way with a devastating focus sash folly floatzel(moveset aqua jet waterfall,ice punch,crunch) I used on Wi-Fi. own infernape, chomp azelf. And I was like not bad!! Hehehe. I look forward to battle subway EAT FRESH! In Black&White. You see this time through I'm not going to spend a year breeding and catching 5th gen pokemon with high Ivs(like I did in 4th gen). Besides, I'm disappointed with most of the new 5th gen pokemon's base stats-yes this means you Zekrom, I can't believe Game freak remade dialga with just swaped attack and sp.attack stats. You already know Zekrom deals with electric, and it's tail looks like the end of a jet plane! that says high base speed everywhere!.... just 90 base speed..306 max jolly..this means he still can't bring a crashing halt to Kyogre like I was hoping cause their speed is the same(even with scarf)...Anyways we won't be seeing a lot of new powerful 600 base frontier usable pokemon like we did in 4th gen(garchomp,cressilia,heatran.) There is one new dragon/dark type 600 base pokemon, unfortunatley he hits 324 speed max(lower than mence and the other 328 class speeed pokemon). so he won't be doing a lot damage (Chomp sighed with relief). One interesting new 5th gen uber is Melonia-sound and step forms. with 390speed and 394 attack, normal/fighting in step form, darkrai now has something that will make him have nightmares! I already now it's gonna be banned from normal play though. I do look forward to using a new electric type& ability: levitate pokemon(no weakness!) and there is another strong electric/flying type pokemon with strong well made base stats in 5th gen also. I'm not sure if it will replace the thunder God Zapdos though!

Well, I made it onto the Factory list for the third time without getting the Gold Print, getting a streak of 45. God dammit.

My team: Houndoom 1, Gyarados 3, Cresselia 3. The opponent: Metagross 4, Kingdra 4, Skuntank 4

Houndoom actually worked surprisingly well this game; I led with Counter against Metagross for an easy KO. Kingdra comes in, I Crunch, he Draco Meteors, I faint.

I figure Gyarados is the best switch-in, since Cresselia is still weak to Signal Beam, and a crit would hurt (especially if Kingdra has Sniper). I don't want to take the risk of locking myself into Outrage, so I Stone Edge until Kingdra dies. Unfortunately, he gets in 3 more Draco Meteors on Gyarados, bringing it down to about 1/3 health.

Skuntank comes in. For some stupid reason, I thought I'd outspeed it. I select Waterfall (over Giga Impact for the 100% accuracy), but Skuntank outspeeds and KOs Gyarados with Poison Jab.

Cresselia comes in, and unfortunately, this stupid thing's moveset doesn't have Ice Beam. Charge Beam is the strongest move I have, and I desperately need the SpAtk boosts. I spam Charge Beam, getting a SpAtk rise on the first hit, missing the 3rd or 4th. Skuntank, for some reason, just spams Poison Jab. It poisons Cresselia on the second hit. The last hit (the one after the miss) brings Skuntank into the red, and it proceeds to kill me with Poison Jab (but I had 8 HP anyway, so I was dead). Very, VERY aggravating, especially since I probably could have made better plays and won (switching to Cresselia immediately, using Charge Beam until she dies, letting Gyarados's Intimidate cut Skuntank's attack enough to live through Crunch, and KO with Waterfall. Of course, the Pokemon I had to choose from were pretty poor this round; Cresselia's decent, but I would have loved some sort of actual backup from something with good type coverage. I almost never even consider Houndoom because its attacks are so damn weak, but I was forced into using it as my lead just for the sake of Counter. Oh well, I'll just keep accumulating win 45-48 win streaks in the Factory until the game finally lets me win one...

There are also now Subway Masters for double and Multi Battles.
YAY! I really like the doubles format and here are the Masters I've been waiting for.

I still dont know what the best level for the battle hall is. I'm on holidays now so I have plenty of time and I was thinking of making this set for Hall Doubles.

Snorlax 1:

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
- Earthquake
- Selfdestruct
- Crunch
- (Ideas?)

Snorlax 2:

Snorlax (M) @ Focus Sash / Lum Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Protect
- Return

General idea is that Snorlax 1 use STABdestruct while #2 uses protect. Superpower/EQ hits Rock + Steel for SE while Crunch is for Ghosts. Return on #2 is just the normal STAB.

The reason why #2 is faster than #1 is to get an attack off before being hit by EQ. I was thinking maybe Fire Punch on the first 'lax in order to hit LeviZong and Skarmory.

Any ideas/suggestions are welcome and I really need to know what level to get these guys to.

Thanks, Waffles

How are you going to deal with fighting types? Seems like the only way right now is to Protect with the 2nd one and hope that both will target that one while the first one self destructs. 25% Chance of winning isn't that good. You have a better chance of beating fighting types if you use double sash and then protect + Self-Destruct and hope that the opponent won't double target the self-destructor... so 75% chance of winning. Gallade Close Combat will OHKO after 170 streak regardless of what your pokemon's level is.

Bronzong isn't something you need to worry about much since all it has are special attacks which Snorlax can take with ease. You should be able to win even if you just double target Crunch.

Beware of fake out.

In general Level 100 is the best to be used for outspeeding things due to the level difference, but then obviously that's not the case for Snorlax. So I wouldn't think level makes a huge difference in this case, so just use whatever level. Someone else can correct me otherwise.

In general Level 100 is the best to be used for outspeeding things due to the level difference, but then obviously that's not the case for Snorlax. So I wouldn't think level makes a huge difference in this case, so just use whatever level. Someone else can correct me otherwise.
Snorlax may not gain much speedwise(surprisingly, this isn't a real word), but it still gains offensive and defensive advantages at level 100 vs. 96.

Thank you for welcoming me back. I was expecting to see you on the singles list. "What up wit dat?" I got 125 or so wins on my only try with a mediocre Trick Lead Uxie, a mediocre Heatran, and a pretty good Breloom. The loss was completely my fault. If you're interested, I'll update this post, or you can send me a PM. There are at least 3 move slots that are open to interpretation.

@ ashez Thank for the positive comment about my team.

Thanks for pointing out this massive problem Chinese Dood.

I think in the end I will have to run 2 sets but that will free me up greatly. It appears my only option is to use Zen Headbutt on Fighting types but I'm gonna hate that shaky accuracy. It fighting type should I go double sash?

Busy atm but might post the other sets later.

Recently, people have been testing out various Pokémon in the "1v1" tier, as many of you likely know. Around yesterday, there was a rise in this set:
@Leftovers
252 HP/224 Def/32 SpD (my EVs, though there are probably better combinations)
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Recover
- Toxic
In 1v1, Counter and Mirror Coat worked well after easy prediction (or using Recover turn 1,) Recover can be used to help keep him alive, and can be used with Toxic to stall when needed.
In the Battle Hall, I would switch Leftovers to Focus Sash (because of OHKOs) and otherwise use it similarly. With a moveset list, prediction is easy, especially for OHKO users (nothing has both Sheer Cold and another one IIRC.)
Any thoughts on this weird set?

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey all,

I recently moved out of my house and became a full-time student studying 3d modeling and animation, so I've found I've had a lot of time on my hands, so I've been tackling the battle frontier. So far I've manager to get my silver prints everywhere, and my gold print at the Battle Tower. I got annoyed trying to win at the Factory, so I decided to try my hand at 100+ wins in the Tower. I managed to get up to 53 with this team:

Mesprit@Choice Scarf (Holy War)
252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
-Trick
-Thunder Wave
-Charm
-Flash

Everyone knows the premise of this set. It's served me admirably, although at times it's not been bulky enough and I haven't gotten as much set-up time as I'd like.

Drapion@Black Sludge (Drake)
252 HP/56 Def/196 SpD/4 Spe
-Acupressure
-Substitute
-Crunch
-Rest

Also from Jumpman's team. This thing is a beast, you did a great job coming up with it. It really can just sit there and Acupressure up in the face of even STAB EQ's sometimes.

Latios@Leftovers (Mercutio)
110 HP/252 SpA/148 Spe
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Dragon Pulse

My go to when I need a quick setup, on Special moves I don't want Drapion to take, or when it's a physical tank like Skarmory.
Good work and thanks for the kind words. As Chinese Dood mentioned, Scizor may be a better third than Latios, but you will probably miss the Water and Electric resistance. Drapion does cover two of the weaknesses that Mesprit shares, and your issue was mainly with not Charming Heracross. I would probably stick with Latios before going with Scizor (but then again, I would "probably" use Garchomp instead, lol).

And speaking of Drapion...if you all haven't heard, Acupressure is confirmed to work behind a Substitute in BW. This may seem like a minor change given the success that is possible without it, but it is gigantic. No longer will Drapion have to setup naked on stupid Gengar and Download PZ Shadow Balls and take inevitable SpD drops, or waste Sub PP with a Sub already up on Regice's FPs. No more having to take Articuno IBs or Vaporeon Surfs naked after an Acupressure. I'm looking forward to B&W and seeing just how more challenging it is with the new pokemon and stronger items on old pokemon (LO and Specs Lati@s, etc).

I'm here to report a loss...but not in the Tower, so don't get too excited. I lost at like 264 in the Hall trying to get past 283 with Kingdra, met a Hypno that Kingdra couldn't OHKO with DM but did 50% min with Surf...but I never woke up in the two turns I could have as Psychic/Nightmare/Psychic took their toll.

61-84306-08353...don't really feel that bad about this loss even if my original Kingdra idea (Yawn/Protect/DD/Outrage [usually used in that order]@Lum) would have murdered Hypno since this has massive issues with the actual Psychic threats like Metagross and Bronzong. Those are pokemon I saw in the Psychic Type more than Hypno in all my Hall runs (a significant observation in that I literally never saw Latios or Latias when doing the Dragon type, which mathematically feels like more than just a coincidence considering there's only eight Dragons).

Anyway, the Acupressure thing got me thinking about a new team for Gen V, so with about 10 minutes of thought/research, this is my probable BW BS team:

Erufuun @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 252HP/4Def/252SpD
Nature: Calm
~ Switcheroo
~ Cotton Spore (now 100% acc.)
~ Charm
~ Flash

Drapion (M) @ Black Sludge ** DRAPULA
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252HP/56Def/196SpD/4Spe
Nature: Careful
~ Crunch
~ Acupressure
~ Substitute
~ Rest

Blaziken (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252HP/252Atk/4Spe
Nature: Adamant
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick
~ Substitute
~ Claw Sharpen

Mischievous Heart is a Goddishsend for an "annoyer". Team "Eight Speed EVs" really doesn't feel the need for speed with the improved priority bracket for every move Erufuun can use and the now-100% accuracy Cotton Spore (just like with Flash from Gen III [70%] to Gen IV [100%]) from 85%. Missing out on the FP chance Thunderwave grants may suck, but not as much as dealing with French Gliscor (which doesn't appear to be in BW but the point on problematic Ground Types stands, even on Volt Absorb pokes like Jolteon or Lightning Rod stuff). The fact that this thing even gets both Charm and Flash is reason enough to try it out, we all know how "Trick"/Charm/Flash works on paper (or at least know it's proven to work).

Drapion's still a pokemon and necessarily much better now so yeah. For Blaziken, the fact that it actually cover most of Erufuun's weaknesses (getting Fire, Ice, and a 4× on Bug) is the same kind of serendipitous synergy that Acupressure and Battle Armor have. Drapion gets Poison as usual and missing flying is something I'm used to by now (thogh two weaknesses kinda sucks I guess). Claw Sharpen deserves a shot in the BS, no questions asked. Swords Dance with HJK/Flare Blitz and Wide Lens is an idea too but it seems Blaziken will really enjoy its recovery so idk. I'm not too worried about Flare Blitz recoil since 130 BP HJK should be killing even resists, but we'll see.

Probably getting ahead of myself but you know, that's part of the fun...

Couldn't help but laugh at "BS"...*shot*
Anyway, excellent looking team. I never would have thought of Blaziken, who looks like he might be as reliable as Drapion.

Jumpman, what's your plan against Glaceon? Ice Beam's a potential OHKO on Erufuun (I think), a 2-3HKO on Drapion (probably a 3HKO, given Leftovers), and a 3HKO on Blaziken. It sounds like that leaves you at a serious risk of being killed or frozen (though Blaziken can thaw out using Flare Blitz) without getting much setup. Of course, Erufuun gets the godly Memento, which can make life a lot easier for Drapion, since you can just keep Subbing/Resting/Acupressuring until Glaceon's out of Ice Beams. If it were up to me, I'd probably choose Memento over Flash, since so few special attackers can do anything to Drapion at -2.

Really, Erufuun's what I wished Jumpluff were on my EncorePluff team. It gets around the incredibly annoying problem of being outsped by whatever I'm Encoring before I can Memento, and it has freaking Taunt to stop obnoxious setup Pokemon (which Trick/Switcheroo teams love, but Encore teams hate, if they boost Defense or evasion).

Glad to see Erufuun in there Jumpman, I thought it was awesome and it gets plenty of other things too, like Memento which was mentioned above.
One of the other Mischevious Heart Pokemon I was looking at was Borutorosu, the Electric/Flying Genie.
Here was a possible moveset:

Substitute/Nasty Plot/Thunderbolt/Dark Pulse

I thought that priority Sub would be really useful in case of a difficult Pokemon which could really hurt it. Don't know whether Quick Claw beats Mischevious Heart or not, but for everything else, the genie will always be able to defend itself with no problems no matter its speed. Stat up moves aren't that great though, no defence boost.
And Bulk up isn't that great since the only decent physical Electric move has recoil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)