Ground/Flying

HP: 75
Atk: 95
Def: 125
SpA: 45
SpD: 75
Spe: 95
BST: 510

Hyper Cutter:This Pokémon is immune to the enemy lowering its Attack stat. Does not block self-inflicted Attack drops, such as the Attack drop from Superpower.
Sand Veil: When a sandstorm is in effect, this Pokémon gets a 20% evasion increase. In addition, if a non-Rock, Steel, or Ground-type Pokémon has this ability, it will not take damage from sandstorm.
Poison Heal (Dream World ability): When this Pokémon is poisoned, whether Toxic or regular, it heals 1/8 of its max HP at the end of each turn instead of taking damage.

Lv1: Thunder Fang, Lv1: Ice Fang, Lv1: Fire Fang, Lv1: Poison Jab, Lv1: Sand-Attack, Lv1: Harden, Lv1: Knock Off, Lv5: Sand-Attack, Lv9: Harden, Lv12: Knock Off, Lv16: Quick Attack, Lv20: Fury Cutter, Lv23: Faint Attack, Lv27: Acrobat*, Lv31: Screech, Lv34: Night Slash, Lv38: Swords Dance, Lv42: U-turn, Lv45: X-Scissor, Lv49: Guillotine

*Acrobat:
Type: Flying
Category: Phsyical
Power: 55
Accuracy: 100
PP: 15
Additional Effect: Its power doubles if the user is not holding any item.

TMs & HMs learnset said:
TM01 -
Raises Attack and Accuracy one stage
, TM06 - Toxic, TM09 -
Poison move(special)/65 power/100 accuracy/10 PP power doubles if foe is poisoned.
, TM10 - Hidden Power, TM11 - Sunny Day, TM12 - Taunt, TM15 - Hyper Beam, TM17 - Protect, TM18 - Rain Dance, TM21 - Frustration, TM26 - Earthquake, TM27 - Return, TM28 - Dig, TM31 - Brick Break, TM32 - Double Team, TM36 - Sludge Bomb, TM37 - Sandstorm, TM39 - Rock Tomb, TM40 - Aerial Ace, TM41 - Torment, TM42 - Facade, TM44 - Rest, TM45 - Attract, TM46 - Thief, TM48 -
Normal move(special)/power 60/accuracy 100/pp: 15 raises base power the more Pokemon you have with the attack.
, TM54 - False Swipe, TM56 - Fling, TM62 - Acrobat, TM66 - Payback, TM68 - Giga Impact, TM69 - Rock Polish, TM71 - Stone Edge, TM75 - Swords Dance, TM76 -
Bug move(special)/power 30/accuracy 100/PP 20
, TM78 -
Ground move (physical)/power 60/100 Accuracy / May decrease opponent's speed by one stage
, TM80 - Rock Slide, TM81 - X-Scissor, TM84 - Poison Jab, TM87 - Swagger, TM89 - U-Turn, TM90 - Substitute, TM94 - Rock Smash, HM01 - Cut, HM04 - Strength
Metal Claw
Wing Attack
Razor Wind
Counter
Sand Tomb
Agility
Baton Pass
Double-Edge
Feint
Night Slash
Cross Poison
Power Trick
Rock Climb
Poison Tail

Potential Sets
Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Jolly / Impish
Fling
Acrobat
Earthquake
Swords Dance / Protect

While Poison Heal is unfortunately illegal with Roost, it still has it niches. This set could try and make use of that. Fling hits two birds with one stone; it poisons the target and doubles the power of Acrobat. Swords Dance if you attempt a bulky sweep, or run Protect to attempt a more stall-ish set.

Overall, I think Poison Heal is a very welcomed addition to Gliscor.

If the egg moves and learned moves in the OP are correct, I don't see how Roost would be possible even if Poison Heal is breedable somehow.

I think a combination of toxic orb+fling+acrobat would make a pretty interesting (although quite gimmicky) combination...

roost isnt a tm anymore so Gliscor can't learn it. lol its not even on any of the moves list you put put up there.

Hmm that's another downfall :\ didn't notice that, removed Roost from that set. It sucks that you won't be able to abuse Poison Heal + Roost (unless they tutor it or something).

I think that the only tutors in the game are the fire/water/grass oaths and hyper beams. Maybe there will be one in the 3rd version, though, whenever that comes out.

*****Smooth Over: not sure what this does, looked but didn't get any information, if anyone knows please tell me
Having done some research, it seems that Smooth Over is a mistranslation of Ground Leveling:

TM78 / Physical / Ground / 60 Base Power / 100 Accuracy / May decrease opponent's speed by one stage
Unfortunately, nothing too exciting.

Poison Heal is going to be great on Gliscor. Again, I'm hoping that Dream World abilities are inherited and that you can still breed a Gliscor with both Poison Heal and Roost, because it would be a shame to see all these new abilities go to waste.

TM 76: Bug Resistance. Special Bug, 30 BP, 100 Acc, Target Class "5", lowers target's SpA by one level.
TM 78: Earth Leveling. Physical Ground, 60 BP, 100 Acc, hits two opponents and lowers their speed one level.

Courtesy of Veekun's game rips.

EDIT: To stay on topic, I hope they're inherited, too, but the way they were described, it feels more like you catch fresh Pokemon. Gliscor is going to need this to combat Ice Breath.

TM 79: Ice Breath. Special Ice, 40 BP, 90 Acc, hits one opponent, always crits (rate is 6), unknown secondary effect with 100 chance.

Having done some research, it seems that Smooth Over is a mistranslation of Ground Leveling:

Poison Heal is going to be great on Gliscor. Again, I'm hoping that Dream World abilities are inherited and that you can still breed a Gliscor with both Poison Heal and Roost, because it would be a shame to see all these new abilities go to waste.
Regardless of whether or not you can breed DW abilities, Roost is not an egg move for Gliscor. There is no way to get Roost and Poison heal together.

Thanks, and Roost is not a TM/egg move this gen.

Regardless of whether or not you can breed DW abilities, Roost is not an egg move for Gliscor. There is no way to get Roost and Poison heal together.
Ah, well. That's too bad. It would've been really great to have it with Poison Heal. :/

With Poison Heal, he might be a good counter to Breloom: he can come in on Spore, Seed Bomb or a resisted Focus Punch and OHKO him with an Aerial Ace or maybe even Ice Fang.

To switch into Spore, Gliscor would need to have been previously poisoned. Even if he's holding Toxic Orb, it wouldn't poison him until the end of his first turn.

To switch into Spore, Gliscor would need to have been previously poisoned. Even if he's holding Toxic Orb, it wouldn't poison him until the end of his first turn.
Not that much of a problem if you switch in Gliscor earlier. Speaking of which, how would Poison Heal work on lead Gliscor? I'm not too sure if it's worth losing Roost, but on the other hand it'd be a guaranteed Breloom counter as long as Roost was replaced with something that deals decent damage against it.

Also, probably a gimmicky idea, but what about a Poison Heal Gliscor set with Toxic / Protect? Stalling looks like it'd fit the ability.

If the egg moves and learned moves in the OP are correct, I don't see how Roost would be possible even if Poison Heal is breedable somehow.
Depends how abilities would be breed, if they are inherited maternally you could get the move and ability.

OT: Gliscor is one of my favourites (with dusknoir) when it comes to stalling. I've never seen someone take hits like my gliscor. Although I may just stick with lefties and roost assuming it is possible to breed roost (I'm sure it is). Since roosting removes your flying type for a turn giving you a rock resistance in that turn. Although immunity to status is nice.

Think I'll just have to experiment next gen.

Depends how abilities would be breed, if they are inherited maternally you could get the move and ability.

OT: Gliscor is one of my favourites (with dusknoir) when it comes to stalling. I've never seen someone take hits like my gliscor. Although I may just stick with lefties and roost assuming it is possible to breed roost (I'm sure it is). Since roosting removes your flying type for a turn giving you a rock resistance in that turn. Although immunity to status is nice.

Think I'll just have to experiment next gen.
Yea, they can be inherited maternally. I think someone should test to see if Gliscor can pass Roost on to baby Gligar though. If it can, then Poison Heal Roost is possible.

Yea, they can be inherited maternally. I think someone should test to see if Gliscor can pass Roost on to baby Gligar though. If it can, then Poison Heal Roost is possible.
only egg moves and tms/hms pass to the babies so 5 gen no roost on any gliscor set breded on gen 5 not even normal abilities gliscor will get roost

shame becuase i dont know if poison heal is enough to drop roost on gliscor since most of them ran roost and leftovers poison heal wont be the first choice on defensive gliscors altough on offensive gliscors poison heal will be the prime choice giving him some status imunity so i cant be slept or burned

I think a combination of toxic orb+fling+acrobat would make a pretty interesting (although quite gimmicky) combination...
I like this idea. SD/Acrobat/Earthquake/Fling. Poison yourself, poison their Gliscor counter, then come back later and sweep with two STAB 100+/100% moves.

Though, to be sure, Fling and Poison Heal would be compatible, yes?

And it is unconfirmed if 4th gen tms may be passed on to pokemon that knew them in 4th gen.

I'm considering using Gliscor in the same way that Torment Tran is used, but instead of leftovers, you get Poison Heal.

Gliscor - Poison Heal
Jolly
252 HP/252 Spe/4 SpD
Toxic Orb

- Earthquake
- Taunt/U-turn
- Toxic
- Protect/Substitue

Protect/Substitute goes a long way to keeping Gliscor healthy. This way he can keep his health up while toxic takes its toll.

Earthquake will allow him to take out -most- steel types that are otherwise immune to poison.

Taunt is a great move to help him toxic-stall, but U-turn is an alternative for scouting; especially if it can go through shadow tag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)