~crunch
~focus punch
~head smash (lmao)
tm's:
~taunt
~return(????)
~stone edge
~rock slide
~Substitute(it IS the best move in the game)
Egg moves:
~fake out
~all 3 elemental punches
~DRAGON DANCE(YAY)
~Zen headbutt (machop? Croagunk?)

Zuruggu has a unique typing of dark and fighting and has a reasonably good move pool. It’s good enough to sweep imo. It also has reasonable bulk which will help him sweep.

Better Dratini (offensive)
item:oran berry/berry juice, life orb
adamant/jolly
shed skin
36hp/236 atk/236 spe
~dragon dance
~crunch
~high jump kick/ brick break(if accuracy scares you)
~substitute/ice punch/zen headbutt(?)

This set is an all offensive DD'er. I'd say its better than dratini but lacks in priority. It also packs reasonable bulk even though its not wall level. Oran berry or life orb is pure opinion. Life orb if you like the power or oran if you enjoy the extra life in case of priority.

Anti-lead
item: focus sash
hasty
shed skin
236 attack/236 speed/0 hp iv's
~fake out/protect
~taunt
~crunch/high jump kick
~counter

This set is basically a anti lead weavile rip off with less speed. Protect if your slower than a fake out lead, fake out if your faster (probably not). Taunt to force the opposing lead to attack, crunch for an attack and stab or high jump kick. Crunch is the better option because the high jump kick can miss and you'll kill your sash. Counter to counter >.>

Sub-puncher
item:life orb/oran berry
jolly/adamant
shed skin
36hp/236 attack/236 speed

~substitute
~focus punch
~crunch
~zen headbutt/ice punch/ Dragon dance
Sub-punch on a switch and use the appropriate move. Focus punch is the move of choice while crunch is used to kill ghost types that are immune to focus punch. ice punch to take out gligars, DD to go for a sweep, and zen headbutt is a filler o.o. Life orb or oran is preference. Oran for life and survivability and life orb for power. Shed skin to get away from paralyze or burn or even sleep.

Sleeping Dancer(bulky)
item:lum berry/oran berry/ berry juice
196 hp 116 spe 196 attack (not sure if the ev's work out in LC help!)
jolly
~dragon dance
~rest
~crunch
~brick break/hi jump kick

This is a bulky alternative to DD'ing. Spam DD on like a duskull and when you’re weakish, rest and lum off the sleep or wait for shed skin. From there on sweep and sleep when necessary

THAT'S IT GUYS! I will do a scarf'd set later but discuss for now.

oh yea, I CLAIM THIS GUY. NO ONE MAY WRITE A ANALYSIS ON HIM CUZ HES MINE! well u can if i get lazy

you really should make a pure defensive set.Thats what this things good at with its 50/70/70 defences
The thing is that with 50/70/70 are pretty good but it is done better by other Pokes, has really no defensive support move to speak of, and has very poor defensive typing.

That aside, I can see this becoming a major force in the new metagame. Dark/Fighting is very good offensive typing getting perfect coverage (besides croagunk (i think?)) and it has pretty good attacks to go along with those STABs especially since Hi Jump Kick became stupidly powerful. The Dragon Dance set will most likely become far and away the most used set particularly with its ability to force switches with Intimidate.

In my opinion, Overconfidence will do the DDer a world more good than shed skin. That's just me, but considering how fast this metagame is, an ability like overconfidence is really scary, one slip up and you're a poke down and that little lizard is doing even more damage. Not to mention, what kind of sweeper wouldn't love the added momentum of Overconfidence? The longer you stay in to sweep the more powerful you are. I'd say and Offensive Set should highly consider Overconfidence as the ability of choice.

you really should make a pure defensive set.Thats what this things good at with its 50/70/70 defences
LC doesn't do defence. Unless there are huge changes to that metagame's pace this generation, it will be dominated by sweepers that could easily take this guy out. Also, making it defensive would not utilize its abilities at all. It could use intimidate, but overconfidence is much better. Running this guy as a late game sweeper would give overconfidence its full potential because of the easy KO's. It also has good coverage to make things easier for it. I think that this little guy is going to go far in this generation, but we need to see what its competition is first.

If you can breed DW abilities, Fakeout + Dragondance + Intimidate seems like a good setup. Add High Jump Kick and crunch and you're good to go.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
LC doesn't do defence. Unless there are huge changes to that metagame's pace this generation, it will be dominated by sweepers that could easily take this guy out. Also, making it defensive would not utilize its abilities at all. It could use intimidate, but overconfidence is much better. Running this guy as a late game sweeper would give overconfidence its full potential because of the easy KO's. It also has good coverage to make things easier for it. I think that this little guy is going to go far in this generation, but we need to see what its competition is first.
That's not necessarily true. There is the pre-evo stone, which could prove to be very useful on this guy, since he already has pretty high defenses, and the ShedRest strategy. If anything, he could act as a really bulky Dragon Dancer with the pre-evo stone as an option.

Dark/Fighting is a great typing, fearing only Flying, Bug, and Fighting, two of which are rarely seen attacking types. This thing takes hits like a champ, and dishes them out like no one's business.

actually bug is x1 because fighting resists bugs. Also shed skin is used because if your setting up in duskulls face and it w-o-w's, you basically wasted ur time. Sked skin is there for status purpose and for rest on the sleep talk set. Also he isn't meant to wall and crap. His defenses are used to take a hit that the opponent didn't expect and sweep. Keeping him at 50% and more is better since the chances of a revenge kill with priority is less.

prownage89 is right. But the offensive DD needs a filler. Rest, zen headbutt, and one of the 3 elemental punches are the best options.

I gotta agree that DD Zuruggu is better than Dratini. I really want to try it out and see his real potential for myself. It seems like a great sweeper to me. Brick Break is going over Hi Jump Kick for me because I hate Protect and that miss every so often that screws my game up. Otherwise, Zuruggu is a great pokemon!

Just for the lolz you can u JUMP kick over high jump kick. 100 power AND 95 accuracy and 90 is to little for you. IF you hate w-o-w while you're DD'ing shed skins for you. But if you like to sweep harder when you sweep overconfidence is the way to go.

afraid of status?

SUBSTITUTE

works quite well with Drain Punch too, when boosted by DD, you'll be gaining back good HP each turn

I love this guy! definently gonna use a DD set with drain punch, crunch, and some filler move; maybe head smash? Head smash/drain punch would be great, that is, if he gets it.

Also, you should post the entire movepool, not just some moves.

i just checked, and only croagunk (and heracross/toxicroak) resist Dark/Fighting. so I recommend running Zen Headbutt, just for croagunk

Zoruggu is deffinetly one of the defining pokes of Lc metagame.He can make a very scary DD'r and set up on a large amount of pokes with its amazing bulk.And if it can get a kill off it becomes even more deadly due to Overconfidence.Really this thing is just amazing.

Zoruggu is deffinetly one of the defining pokes of Lc metagame.He can make a very scary DD'r and set up on a large amount of pokes with its amazing bulk.And if it can get a kill off it becomes even more deadly due to Overconfidence.Really this thing is just amazing.
once this thing is +2 speed and +3/4 attack, you can say gg already

LC is quite annoying. I'm not saying it's broken, but evo stone turns shit into bulky sweepers, and it's really only a question as to who has the best set up sweepers. In a case of evo stone vs. something like oran berry, evo stone will nearly always win imo. Also breaks instant recovery pokemon like gligar, because he doesn't even need oran and can abuse evo stone.

The anaylsis however, is really bad. You should fix the spelling/grammar as well as the format, take a look at other people's stuff if you aren't sure what to do. Please and thanks?

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This thing is fuckin' insane. I used it in my team, which I posted an RMT on, and it has absolutely been the MVP of my team. I use the following set:

Heavy (Zuruggu) (M) @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

This thing is a MONSTER. No questions asked. HJK is absent because Drain Punch is strong enough, and it also HEALS ZOMG. This thing survives retarded hits and after a DD or two, dishes them out just the same. I use Shed Skin instead of Overconfidence simply because Pururiru is a gay, and I'd rather be able to shed off a burn / tspikes poison / para from Teshiido, etc. than get a nominal Attack boost that's probably ridiculous overkill anyway.

Also, Evo Stone is only better than Oran on things with recovery or things that need to survive specific hits. Otherwise, Oran Berry is actually better, due to the way that damage works in LC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)