Japanese to English Pokémon Dictionary

Oh my god. O.O
This is the single most helpful thread in Smogon history!
Also, for those who have played/finished this game now, are there any parts of the game that require you to read Japanese to progress? Like if someone specifically tells you how to do something within the text.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh my god. O.O
Also, for those who have played/finished this game now, are there any parts of the game that require you to read Japanese to progress? Like if someone specifically tells you how to do something within the text.
Nothing I've noticed.

Oh my god. O.O
Most of the time it's just: See the NPC go right, you go right. Or they'll block your path, you are forced to walk back. I don't understand any japanese signs (a little bit of spokes japanese I do though), and I'm doing quite good.

There is one part right after the 7th badge that most people get stuck on. After the whole event with N, go to the ruins in the desert just north of Hiun.

^
That should be added to the first post, simply because it's where most people get stuck.

There is one part right after the 7th badge that most people get stuck on. After the whole event with N, go to the ruins in the desert just north of Hiun.

^
That should be added to the first post, simply because it's where most people get stuck.
If you're going to do that, then talk about the Freezer Container too, because that part is confusing as hell. And maybe a tidbit about how the second gym works.

Can you add a statement saying that a move doesn't effect the foe?

I assume it will be something like this:
"[Pokemon]
koukaga nai youda..."
because of a screenshot someone posted, but I want to make sure.

Hi, this is a great thread and I appreciate all the work that went into this. I'm not realy sure how to word exactly what it is I'm looking for, but イリュージョン means Illusion. How would I go about translating the Japanese characters into the english alphabet. I guess what I'm asking is, is there a way to find all the romanizations of the abilities and moves?

Thank you everyone on this thread especially OP. With this info and a beta english patch: this game might be playable though the storyline is going to be non-existent but oh wells thank you.

Has anyone posted this already? (needs to install Asian Text Support for Windows)

Pokemon Characteristic (こせい) & IVs
Group 0
HP たべるのがだいすき Loves to eat 食べるのが大好き
攻撃(ATT) ちからがじまん Proud of its power 力が自慢
防御(DEF) からだがじょうぶ Sturdy body 体が丈夫
特攻(SA) こうきしんがつよい Highly curious 好奇心が強い
特防(SD) きがつよい Strong willed 気が強い
素早(SPD) かけっこがすきLikes to run かけっこが好き

Group 1
HP ひるねをよくするOften dozes off  昼ねを良くする
攻撃(ATT) あばれることがすきLikes to thrash about 暴れる事が好き
防御(DEF) うたれづよい Capable of taking hits  打たれ強い
特攻(SA) イタズラがすきMischievous 悪戯が大好き
特防(SD) ちょっぴりみえっぱり Somewhat vain ちょっぴり見えっ張り
素早(SPD) ものおとにびんかん Alert to sounds 物音に敏感

Group 2
HP いねむりがおおい Often scatters things 居眠りが多い
攻撃(ATT) ちょっとおこりっぽい A little quick tempered ちょっと怒りっぽい
防御(DEF) ねばりづよい Highly persistent 粘り強い
特攻(SA) ぬけめがない Thoroughly cunning めけめが無い
特防(SD) まけんきがつよい Strongly defiant 負けん気が強い
素早(SPD) おっちょこちょい Impetuous and silly おっちょこちょい

Group 3
HP ものをよくちらかす Scatters things often 物を良く散らかす
攻撃(ATT) ケンカをするのがすき Likes to fight ケンカをするのが好き
防御(DEF) しんぼうづよい Good endurance 辛抱強い
特攻(SA) かんがえごとがおおい Often lost in thought 考え事が多い
特防(SD) まけずぎらい Hates to lose 負けず嫌い
素早(SPD) すこしおちょうしもの Somewhat of a clown 少しお調子者

Group 4
HP のんびりするのがすき Likes to relax  のんびりするが好き
攻撃(ATT) ちのけがおおい Quick tempered 血の気が多い
防御(DEF) がまんづよい Good perserverance 我慢強い
特攻(SA) とてもきちょうめん Very finicky とても几帳面
特防(SD) ちょっぴりごうじょう Somewhat stubborn ちょっぴり強情
素早(SPD) にげるのがはやい Quick to flee 逃げるのが早い

Group to IVs
Group 0 = 0,5,10,15,20,25,30
Group 1 = 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, 31
Group 2 = 2, 7, 12, 17, 22, 27
Group 3 = 3, 8, 13, 18, 23, 28
Group 4 = 4, 9, 14, 19, 24, 29

Compiled by me.

I don't see Perversity (Jaroda's Dream World Ability) in the translations section. Is it under a different name (I've seen people call in Contrary, or something similar) that I don't know perhaps?

Otherwise, just pointing that out.

EDIT: Perversity - あまのじゃく

(:

Important fix:
Sand Paddle is Sand Throw, and what you have for Sand Throw is actually Encourage, but written as ちからずく.

Can we get a Translation for the Battle Subway Please. It's really cool & def needs a translation so people can use it too.

If you're going to do that, then talk about the Freezer Container too, because that part is confusing as hell. And maybe a tidbit about how the second gym works.

Indeed because a lot of people got stuck in both these areas of the game, myself including until I was like I am going back to the dessert to catch me a Croc and the I stumbled on team plasma. Oh make sure after the dessert that you go see the second gym leader.

I taked pictures of the options inside the "GTS negotiation"; this is for trade pokemon in real time with random players.

Well, when you get in you have this 2 options:

The top option is for trade with random players, the bottom option is for see a list of the random people you have traded with.

When I choose the 1st option, I enter to this screen where I can change the conditions of the trade and when im ready I press the button in the bottom of the screen, then it start to search players who met my conditions.

Can someone translate them?

I taked pictures of the options inside the "GTS negotiation"; this is for trade pokemon in real time with random players.

Well, when you get in you have this 2 options:

The top option is for trade with random players, the bottom option is for see a list of the random people you have traded with.

When I choose the 1st option, I enter to this screen where I can change the conditions of the trade and when im ready I press the button in the bottom of the screen, then it start to search players who met my conditions.

Can someone translate them?

Verbs are translated from plain present form into English. Thus, I include "to" in front of them.

In the Level section, から in this context means "to", e.g. Lv. 1 to Lv. 49.

何でも = なんでも = nandemo = anything.
レブル = reburu = level.
ほしいポケモン = hoshiipokemon = to want Pokemon.
あげるポケモン = agerupokemon = to give Pokemon.
かっこいい = kakkoii = cool, good looking-ish.
かわいい = kawaii = cute.
こわい = kowai = scary.
へんな = henna = strange/funny/odd.

This is from memory and stuff, so I'm not exactly sure how translate henna...

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Was trying to use this for a base for updating some things, came across a few problems.

きんちょうかん was translated into both Anxiety and Tension on your list.

You have:
すなかき -- Sand Paddle
ちからづく -- Sand Throw

Other sites translate すなかき to Sand Throw, and I can't seem to find ちからづくas an ability at all.

The following abilities (mostly Dream World specific) have no translation here:
index number / veekun's translation
124 wicked trick
126 antagonist
128 competitive spirit
129 faint-hearted
130 cursed body
132 friend guard
133 fragile armor
134 heavy metal
135 light metal
136 multi-scale
137 poison rampage
138 heat rampage
139 harvest
141 sudden impulse
143 poisoned drink
147 miracle skin
148 analyze
150 eccentric
154 righteous heart
155 skittish
156 magic mirror
160 iron thorns
161 daruma mode

I'm tearing up right now...
I am literally this close to finishing Black and then I learn of this; heartbreaking.

But I need the GTS and Characteristics, so still helpful.

Eric, ちからづく is probably supposed to be ちからずく, or Encourage (Brute Force, as Eevee has it, makes more sense IMO).

I just caught a dream world poochyena with this move びびって which has been translated as jitter on other sites. I couldn't find it in the main list for abilities (using search on the Japanese characters and the English name), so I thought I'd mention it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)