Lileep (Analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lileeeeeeeeeeeeeeep~

Lileep

[Overview]

-Lileep goes into Gen 5 mostly unchanged.
-Lileep loves the new Evolution Stone item.
-Always use it in sand for the extra Special Defense boost.
-Encore being limited to 3 turns is really good for Lileep.

[Set]
Name: Sand Sweeper
move 1: Curse
move 2: Recover
move 3: Rock Slide
move 4: Protect
item: Evolution Stone
ability: Suction Cups
nature: Relaxed
evs: 228 HP / 140 Def / 140 SpD

[Set Comments]
-Evolution Stone was practically made for Lileep.
-After one Curse in Sand you are operating with massive 37/37 defenses.
-Protect is to scout for Trick users or status moves.

[Additional Comments]
-Seed Bomb can be used over Rock Slide, but Lileep generally prefers the extra PP Rock Slide has and would rather hit Scyther and Yanma than Omanyte
-Rest and Sleep Talk can be used over Recover and Protect but Lileep would rather be statused than holding a Choice Scarf

[Team Options]
-Lileep absolutely NEEDS Hippopotas to set up Sandstorm
-Lileep enjoys being partnered with Pokemon who already have Choice items, or can don't particularly mind them, such as Gligar or Scyther.
-Teammates immune to Poison, such as Bronzor or other Steels.
-Wynaut can trap scarf users and kill them with Counter or Mirror Coat, but this is more of a convenience than anything.
-Lileep is slaughtered by most Critical Hits as they ignore boosts.

[Optional Changes]
-Lileep can use Stealth Rock on a lead set, however it isn't as effective as the Curse set since it would lack Sandstorm being up from turn 1.

[Counters]
-Lileep is deadly afraid of Trick users taking it's Evolution Stone and replacing it with a Choice Scarf.
-Lileep takes a bit to set up defensively, so Machop can come in and hit it hard with Dynamicpunch, which can also disrupt your setup with confusion.

[Dream World]
-Storm Drain might have use absorbing water attacks if Lileep were faster or wasn't afraid of ice moves without the bulk it normally has.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Stockpile/Toxic (dropping Curse/Protect) could get a mention even though it has problems with Steels. At least the Curse set is can be harmed by strong super effective special attacks, with Stockpile it's damn near impossible to KO without a crit (or several).

Stockpile/Toxic (dropping Curse/Protect) could get a mention even though it has problems with Steels. At least the Curse set is can be harmed by strong super effective special attacks, with Stockpile it's damn near impossible to KO without a crit (or several).
I'd like to point out that in sand with evolution stone LO Chinchou manages about 8 damage with super effective Ice Beam on average in my playtesting. You'd have a better bet with physical attacks if you can catch it before it sets up to be honest.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
True, it's not getting KOd fast (I think that was my Chinchou btw), but things like Clamperl Ice Beam are going to take a chunk off you and you're not virtually immune to special attacks, which slows your setup because you need to Recover more and gives your opponent more time to crit and more importantly a gives them a much better chance of KOing after a crit brings you to lowish HP, which is the way I see most Lileep go. It's not the primary option, but it does have advantages.

Yea, strong SpA's are kind of common and if said Pokemon resists your STAB, it's going to set up and OHKO you. With Stockpile you can stall it out most of the time.

just gonna say, Calm 252Hp/252SpDef Lileep@ Evolution stone is 3HKOd by Modest 252 SP.Atk Choice Specs abra's Signal Beam and Modest 252 SP.Atk Choice Specs Gastly's Sludge Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)