Really Strange Problem Running Pokelab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everytime I select my server (note which has 0/500) and click connect, this window comes up.
This has been happening since the day pokelab came out (meaning I havnt been able to access this awesome game once despite trying 2-3 times a day) so it isnt due to maintenance.
Can someone please help? :(

Oh and I do have latest version of java

Obviously, since the program seems to be running smoothly, Java is not the problem. Maybe, you have restrictions on your computer or internet/router with connecting to the server? Did you decline Java's permission to access the internet, maybe?

Check Java's permissions in the control panel (don't know where!), and make sure it can access the internet.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You can't connect to the Smogon Poke Lab server for whatever reason. Check your firewall and see if you have Poke Lab or Java blocked. That's a common generalish problem.

Everytime I select my server (note which has 0/500) and click connect, this window comes up.
This has been happening since the day pokelab came out (meaning I havnt been able to access this awesome game once despite trying 2-3 times a day) so it isnt due to maintenance.
Can someone please help? :(

Oh and I do have latest version of java
I have the exact same problem dude, I think its something to do with my Uni internet, they are blocking ports or something. If you have any breakthroughs let me know.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The only case of it being a Uni internet problem is at one school I went to. They literally blocked every port except for port 80. At any reasonable school you should be fine.

The only case of it being a Uni internet problem is at one school I went to. They literally blocked every port except for port 80. At any reasonable school you should be fine.
I have a feeling that they have blocked most of my ports, and I dunno if there is any way round it. I cannot get access to the router for obvious reasons, so i don't really know how to handle it.

Pretty sure it's a server problem. I was on it yesterday, with no problems, and today I have this same error.

;o

rufi i said this was happening since the day the beta came out, oh and yes i am in uni and staying in uni dorms, is that the reason? if it is, is ther anyway of playing it on the uni connection?

Cathy

Banned deucer.
The only thing you can do is use a SOCKS proxy running on some port that they don't block. However, we won't be helping you with this because it both (a) evades your university's usage policies and (b) can be used to evade bans on the server, neither of which is really appropriate for further discussion on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)