Shell Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
That "ohshit it's cloyster *slams attack button*" mentality is certainly going to give CB Cloyster a good time.

wow this is a good move, it allows all of the above pokemon a chance in the above tier as a mixed sweeper, its really predictable though, when you see one of these pokemon you simply swap out to your revenge killer as they use shell break, i see it as less threatening now, priorty fighting technician seems to put a lot of them to sleep, hitmontop for example, having fake out as well just seems to sweeten the deal on its behalf, scizor is still up to scratch inthis department, but at this job hitmontop is superior

Cloyster, Omastar, and Gorebyss are the best users of shell break due to typing and movepool. Huntail is pretty good though his move pool isn't as good as that of gorebysses(which is to say, no eq, shadow ball, or any good coverage). That makes cloyster the best physcial shell breaker and gorebyss and omaster are now vying for who is the best special user. my bet's on gorebyss, as he has better typing for set up.

It's sad that Blastoise and Torterra didn't get this move. If Daikenki had it, it'd be one of the best mixed sweepers around.

Speculation aside, it's a godsend move because it actually gives slow, defensive Pokemon (like Cloyster and Iwaparesu) a chance to really hurt things.

Perversity Shuckle would get +1 on Defense and Special Defense and -2 Attack, Special Attack and Speed if it used Shell Break, basically just the same as Stockpile with stat drops on useless stats.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I suppose the advantage of Shell Break on Shuckle is that it can be used more than 3 times, so the defence/special defence can go above +3, a limitation of Stockpile. Its not like it needs to worry about its other stats besides HP anyway.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
I seriously want to try this with Rain dance omastar. The survivability scares me though.

I love when my opponent uses this on his cloyster/whatever on me. I just let him set up and KO my guy. Then I switch to ditto and destroy his entire team with it. feelsgoodman.jpg

Shell break iwaparesu is the best flail user around.

use shell break, get hit down to 1 hp thanks to sturdy, activate your salac berry. now you have +2 attack and +3 speed and if your max speed jolly, you outspeed scarfchomp.

DeepSea Tooth Clampearl with Shell Break will just KO the shit out of the little cup pokemon.

I can see it (and possibly shelder) being tested

Torkoal's not exactly a speed demon after +2
At least it has over 300 Speed, it could have been worse since any stat under 300 that is fully EV'ed is pathetic

it outspeeds all base 100's that are NOT SCARFED assuming they have a neutral nature

CLAW SHARPEN

Well anyway after messing with Cloyster a bit i honestly dont like it.The move is great but the distribution is just really really bad.
Luckily the distribution is really bad. The only Pokémon who can make use of it in the Standard environment are Omastar and Cloyster, and Torkoal, to some extend. If something like, let's say, Doryuuzu would get Shell Break, it would be just stupid. The rare distribution evens the move out a bit. Same goes for Butterfly Dance, the only Pokémon who can really make use of it are the firemoth and stuff like BP Venomoth.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
With the growing presence of Shell Break on Cloyster, isn't it plausible to assume that most of the Cloysters you are going to battle are going to be Shell Break variants? This could be a danger to Cloyster if it isn't holding a Focus Sash and is beaten by prediction. Even with + 2 Attack, Cloyster can't really get past certain Pokemon without going mixed or investing in a certain attack stat. It's really not a bag where you can choose to use Mixed, Band, Specs, or DD Salamence, who all are completely unpredictable.

I dunno, it's just...when you see a Cloyster these days, you can almost assume it's the very essence and presence of the move called Shell Break.

Luckily the distribution is really bad. The only Pokémon who can make use of it in the Standard environment are Omastar and Cloyster, and Torkoal, to some extend. If something like, let's say, Doryuuzu would get Shell Break, it would be just stupid. The rare distribution evens the move out a bit. Same goes for Butterfly Dance, the only Pokémon who can really make use of it are the firemoth and stuff like BP Venomoth.
Ha. Doryuuzu getting Shell Break is basically like Sand Throw Doryuuzu after an SD, only with even shittier defenses. He's fine as he is, I mean I guess with Shell Break you could always use Sand Power > Sand Throw but then you're just more prone to priority and Ditto than ever before. I don't know though, they're both pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)