Accessing the Pokemon Global Link Website for Dream World

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Huge thanks to kyo_daikun on NeoGAF for letting me repost this here:

---

1. First, go to the website: www.pokemon-gl.com

2. Then, you will come to a website with an image of japan and colored pokeball symbols, on the bottom left of this webpage is an orange button, select it.

3. You will come to another page with some screen shots of what the dream world can do (not much of interest on here) skip to the bottom where there should be a check box, check it to continue, click the button that changes to orange at the bottom.

4. You will now come to the create account page, there are 2 sections to this, the top section has four lines to enter information:

First line is Email address (yahoo and hotmail have worked fine for me)
Second line is to confirm your email address so enter it again.
Third line is the Password you want to use
Fourth line is the "nickname", this is the screen name you will use for pokemon.gl and dreamworld (you can use an english username)

5. Next you will find section 2:

First two circle selections are your sex, left circle is boy and right is girl.
Next is your Birthdate (Year, Month, Day)
Next is a drop down selection for location (YOU MUST select something from the list or it won't allow you to register so don't leave it on the default)
Next, I'm not sure what this line is, I selected the right most circle which auto selects HTML and it works ok. [FirestormEdit: jumpluff says this is what type of username you want to receive, HTML or Plain Text]

Go down and click the orange button at the bottom.

6. If done right, you will receive an e-mail at your registered email address, it will have a number that you must use to login and your password.

7. Go back to the home page and the login bar is on the bottom right. Enter the email number in the first box (it won't allow you to type letters in this box), then your password in the second box.

8. It will then ask you to link your account with your game, the red box is for your nickname you chose (from section 4)

The orange box is for the code from your black or white, you get this code the first time you access C-gear on your game or if you have already done this select the option above wifi settings on the main menu and it will display the code in a box.

You will now be able to synch your pokemon through the C-gear to the website!

You can only synch one pokemon a day, if you wake a pokemon up and try to put another pokemon in the dreamworld it will come up with an error message saying you have no energy and kick you out.

Currently you can change the background on your pokedex and C-gear, you can also change the music in the Pokemon musical ingame (not touched this so don't know much about it), to do this select the Red Pokeball from the main menu with the DS on it and select what you want, next time you synch a pokemon and remove it again it will automatically change the features ingame.

Hope this helped, I have a bit more info on how to unlock a hidden pokedex background and what pokemon will be available soon but this is post is long enough

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Maybe you should add how to catch the Pokémon you met in the Dream World.

1. Use C-Gear and click Wireless.

2. Choose the left option.

3. Now you will warp to the High Link. Go up to the north part.

4. There you will see an entrance to a forest. If go in there you'll see all Pokémon you have transfered to your game but not yet caught. Interact with one of them and you'll be asked if you want to battle it.

4b. If you talk to the boy outside of the forest, he vill give you the items you sent over.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I keep getting this message. I know it says that the Game ID is already in use. This is probably because when I tried to log in earlier (when the server was first back up) there were some complications. I have already tried resetting the WiFi ID, but that hasn't changed my code. Anyone know what I might be able to do?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
For those trying to decipher the Japanese text in images, here is a Japanese OCR (optical character recognition) site. You can then paste the results into your preferred translation site. It should handle most if not all of the text on the Pokemon site, but sometimes you might need to edit the image to make it easier for the program to read. Usually by making sure the image contains nothing but text on a clean, white background, no extra lines whatsoever.

For instance, this is the text it identified in Ditto's image. Looks like it's been copied with 100% accuracy, except for the commas and the ID part. That's easy to fix, though.

このゲ-ムシンク旧コ―ドは、 既に使用きれています, 別
のゲ-ムシンク旧コ-ドを入力して<だきい,

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I keep getting this message. I know it says that the Game ID is already in use. This is probably because when I tried to log in earlier (when the server was first back up) there were some complications. I have already tried resetting the WiFi ID, but that hasn't changed my code. Anyone know what I might be able to do?

Does your code have any Y:s or V:s in it? It could be that. I had that problem. When I thought it was an Y it was a V. They are very similar.

You will now be able to synch your pokemon through the C-gear to the website!

You can only synch one pokemon a day, if you wake a pokemon up and try to put another pokemon in the dreamworld it will come up with an error message saying you have no energy and kick you out.You will now be able to synch your pokemon through the C-gear to the website!
I'm confused at this part... How you put a Pokemon in the dreamworld?

Hey guys, I got a question.
I registered at the gl site and sent my mole pre evo to the DW using the c-gear wi-fi option. He started sleeping and I waited for some minutes but nothing happened. So I pressed b and I think he got transfered back to my game. But I have no clue if I encountered a Pokemon or if I can encounter a poke with that. I went to that forest using the description superJOCKE gave but no pokemon to see. Where and how exactly do I encounter pokemon in the DW? Is the DW that 'send a poke to sleep'-thing?
Would be great if someone could explain me how exactly I can find the DW pokemon after having registered, thanks in advance

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
One thing that should be added most likely.

I'm sure that like me, some people have done the minigame to get an eeveelution through the Dream World at a later date. Now since ofr that you have had to register a daisuke club account already, which works when logging in on PGL. You won't be able to get the Eeveelution, if you don't use the same account.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
Uh, I can't find said person?

It's great that I got my Shinx and all, but where are my items ._.
He should be right by the entrance. But if you haven't been inside your house in the DW and clicked on the chest and chosen what item you want to bring over then that might be your problem. You must choose to transfer them first.
Hey guys, I got a question.
I registered at the gl site and sent my mole pre evo to the DW using the c-gear wi-fi option. He started sleeping and I waited for some minutes but nothing happened. So I pressed b and I think he got transfered back to my game. But I have no clue if I encountered a Pokemon or if I can encounter a poke with that. I went to that forest using the description superJOCKE gave but no pokemon to see. Where and how exactly do I encounter pokemon in the DW? Is the DW that 'send a poke to sleep'-thing?
Would be great if someone could explain me how exactly I can find the DW pokemon after having registered, thanks in advance
First you need to encounter Pokémon in the DW and choose one of them to send to your game. Then they will appear at the High Link.

To encounter Pokémon you must first transfer the Pokémon the way you did. Then you choose DW on GL website. Then when you are at your house you move two steps to the left and you'll see a rainbow. Click the arrow and you'll enter a forest. When you see something in the background shaking, click it. A Pokémon will begin to play a game with you. If you see something shining in the background, it's an item.
I'm confused at this part... How you put a Pokemon in the dreamworld?
You use the C-Gear and click Wi-fi. Then you click Game Sync and choose the Pokémon you want to transfer.

Is it the Musharna thing? It never connects. Never.
It worked fine for me. Funny fact: I put my Baoppu to sleep 2 weeks ago and called it back soon after that. I still am able to use it in Dream World.

Btw do you need the National dex for getting DW pokemon? Because I did some of those minigames with success, but the pokemon didn´t seem to join me.

EDIT: Maybe adding the minimum requirements for the password there would help. I needed some time to realize that I needed at least one number and one capital ;)

Whenever I try to put a Pokemon to sleep via the C-Gear wifi thing it gives me this message, then removes me from the dream world screen;

ゲ-ムシンクの エネルギ-ぎれです
じゆうでんまで 1こち かかります

Anyone at all have any idea what this is?

edit: Ok I think it means I need to stop time travelling and wait 1 day, can anyone clarify this?

Ok heres where I am on this...

I followed all the steps for registering etc.
Got my e-mail
Logged in using the code given in the e-mail
A box came up where I put my username and in-game code

But, after that I was logged out. (I think)
Now whenever I try to log in at the bottom theres a red error looking message to the left of it. When I click on the dream world poke-ball I get a couple of links to what seem to be the FAQ's and an orange button that takes me back to the registration page.
Any help?

EDIT: I didn't make the last part clear...there is no link to bring a pokemon into the dream world. I have done what I need to on my DS but there isn't any link etc. on the site to accept it.

You have to put your pokemon to sleep BEFORE logging in. Then log in like you did and click on the Dream World Button(you probably never got logged out, you just have to click the button)

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
I keep getting this error:

and the japanese character recognition site isn't working for me.
At step eight of this guide I have a similar error message except i think the first part might be a little different(maybe from formatting it) but the part after the . is the same, does anyone know what it means?

EDIT: I also have the hardest time telling the difference between a D and O but I've entered all the possible combinations and it still wont work, all the other letters such as the Y and V i think i got.

At step eight of this guide I have a similar error message except i think the first part might be a little different(maybe from formatting it) but the part after the . is the same, does anyone know what it means?

EDIT: I also have the hardest time telling the difference between a D and O but I've entered all the possible combinations and it still wont work, all the other letters such as the Y and V i think i got.
Putting it through the character recognition site and making a few corrections, what I got was "入カに不適切な表現があります. 別のPGL二ックキ―ム を入カしてくだきい.", which Google translated as "Input of expression are inappropriate. Kkuki PGL two different - not to the input of the system Kudaki."

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
Putting it through the character recognition site and making a few corrections, what I got was "入カに不適切な表現があります. 別のPGL二ックキ―ム を入カしてくだきい.", which Google translated as "Input of expression are inappropriate. Kkuki PGL two different - not to the input of the system Kudaki."
Does that mean i have to enter my nickname in HTML or something?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Apparently, it's not merely sleeping, but dreaming. And it only happens when the pokémon has Z's over its head; until then, the pokémon will not be sent over to the Dream World.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
This guide fucking sucks, you've missed several vital steps, and now I can't get it to work. s:
Best post in this thread so far.
not
Thanks for the help to all that contributed. It's working fine for me. If it helps at all too, THIS GUIDE really helped me sign up, and understand what all the options on the GL did.

OK I figured out what I was doing wrong, I had the number code in the red box, you're supposed to have the nickname you chose signing up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)