B&W Research Thread

Levitate: Does a Bronzong with Levitate have a floating animation while a Heatproof Bronzong crashes into the ground upon entering battle?
Tested this because I was bored. I made a bronzong with each ability, and both floated. I also tested a snorlax with levitate and it crashed to the ground normally. I also tested a heavy metal jaroda and light metal milotic since I had normal ones on hand and knew that milotic crashes while jaroda just lands, and jaroda is close to half milotcs weight. Dispite the abilities, jaroda still landed as normal and milotic crashed. With this I can conclude that the effect depends on the species and not the ability.

breh

強いだね
Random question: Say I have a steelix with Sand Tomb and Bind. I use both moves one after the other. After this, which move takes precedence and does the effect count for both moves (1/4 health is lost per turn of both) or just the first? Similarly, if 3 pokemon in a triple battle all hit the middle one with trapping moves, what happens if a) all of the moves used are the same (3 onixes use bind), if b) all of the moves of the moves are different (fire spin flareon+Wrap Dragonite+Bind Onix), and if all of the moves take effect, c) in which order does each effect occur (first pokemon to use the trapping move to last one to use a trapping move)?

Fling

10 Base Power:
Code:
Balloon
Red Card
Aiming Mark
20 Base Power:
Code:
Beautiful Wing
Strength Wing
Power Wing
Resistance Wing
Wisdom Wing
Mind Wing
Instant Wing
30 Base Power:
Code:
Clean Scale
Pumice Stone
Pressure Band
Bulb
Rechargeable Battery
Escape Button
Poké-Toy
Fragrant Mushroom
Huge Gold Orb
Round Pearl
Comet Piece
Deru Ball
Ancient Bronze Coin
Ancient Silver Coin
Ancient Gold Coin
Ancient Vase
Ancient Bracelet
Ancient Statue
Ancient Crown
Heart Sweets
Hiun Ice-cream
40 Base Power:
Code:
Pre-Evolution Stone
60 Base Power:
Code:
Rugged Helmet
70 Base Power:
Code:
Aqua Cassette
Lightning Cassette
Blaze Cassette
Freeze Cassette
100 Base Power:
Code:
Shell Fossil
Wing Fossil
no additional effects so far.

Just a quick thought, but since Pickup and Stench gained in-battle abilities, has anyone checked the other abilities that lacked in-battle effects (Illuminate, Honey Gather and maybe Run Away?) I think it's worth a look, given the seeming focus on improving various underpowered moves and such. I apologize if it's already been proven they didn't gain anything.

So considering all this research we've seen by all these fantastic individuals who truly deserve a hand for shining a light on our collective paths, how much longer is it going to remain "Uncharted" Territory?

Does anyone know how Mummy works with Overconfidence? If something with overconfidence kills a Mummy poke with its first attack, will it still get the +1 to attack from OC, or get Mummy first and not gain a boost?

EDIT: Also posing similar question for any "On contact" abilities, Effect Spore, Static, Cursed Body, etc.

Does Sturdy save a pokemon that would be OHKOed by damage that doesn't come directly from a move?
For example, a Shuckle uses Double-Edge (after power trick) to KO a Blissey, would Sturdy save it? Or a Forretress with Explosion?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Does anyone know how Mummy works with Overconfidence? If something with overconfidence kills a Mummy poke with its first attack, will it still get the +1 to attack from OC, or get Mummy first and not gain a boost?

EDIT: Also posing similar question for any "On contact" abilities, Effect Spore, Static, Cursed Body, etc.
Mummy activates before Overconfidence. It doesn't get the boost.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can you elaborate on how you tested this? Also if you didn't in the first place, test something that is both slower and faster than the mummy poke used.
Mummy activates immediately on contact, it doesn't matter who is slower or faster. Overconfidence only activates at the end of the attack. I'm satisfied with his results.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Confirmed Life Gamble KOs the user and deals damage equal to the amount of HP the user had before using the move. It does not ignore type immunities. (iruchii)
The user is not protected by Focus Sash and still dies, but what if the opponent is the one holding the Focus Sash? Is it protected in case Life Gamble deals more damage than its total HP?

I read in the Chillachino thread that the 10% Flinch Chance given by the King's Rock is applied for each of a multi-hitting attack's hits (IE, each of the 5 hits of Sweep Slap by Skill Link Chillachino has a 10% chance of Flinching). I see that this is something that has yet to be tested, so I was wondering if anyone could find time to test this. It could make Skill Link Chillachino an excellent annoyer once it's DW ability is released.

Telekinesis mechanics:
- Targets one specific Pokemon
- Priority = 0
- Not affected by the target's evasion boosts or the user's accuracy drops
- Lasts for three turns, counting the turn Telekinesis was used (like DP Tailwind)
- Makes the target immune to ground-type attacks until Telekinesis stops working
- Does not affect target's ability
- Works on flying-type targets
- Presumably, makes all moves except OHKO moves 100% accurate against the floating target*
- Nullifies the floating target's evasion modifiers until Telekinesis stops working
- Nullifies an attacker's accuracy modifiers against the floating target until Telekinesis stops working

* This was tested by repeatedly inducing Telekinesis on an ally and attacking it with Zap Cannon and Sheer Cold.
Successful Sheer Colds: 2/8
Successful Zap Cannons: 16/16
Successful Zap Cannons at +6 evasion: 10/10
Successful Zap Cannons at -6 accuracy: 8/8
Successful Zap Cannons at -6 accuracy, +6 evasion: 8/8

There's a chance that Telekinesis simply reduces the target's Evasion by 3 stages which would double the Accuracy of all moves used on it and make Zap Cannon always hit. I'm pretty sure there aren't any moves with less than 50 Accuracy, besides the OHKO moves, so I think you would have to test it with a Pokemon with reduced Accuracy. Of course, Telekinesis could negate the Pokemon's Accuracy modifiers as well.

Successful Zap Cannons at +6 evasion: 10/10 < That should cover your argument, I believe. ;p
Telekinesis mechanics:
- Nullifies the target's evasion boosts until Telekinesis stops working
This mechanic allong with giving the target -3 Evasion on top of that would still cover that scenario. I admit, if I were Gamefreak, I'd just make all attacks but OHKO moves always hit for those three turns because it would be so much easier to program but I think we should test it with -6 Accuracy to be sure.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
To add to the Telekinesis research. Gravity prevents the use of Telekinesis and cancels out existing Telekinesis effects.

Turn 1
Clefairy used Gravity!
Riguree used Telekinesis on Clefairy and it failed.

In a second battle:

Clefairy first Double Teams to +6 Evade.
Riguree used Telekinesis on Clefairy.
Clefairy used Gravity.
Riguree used Hidden Power on Clefairy and it misses.

And completely unrelated to Telekinesis, Synchonize can now pass Toxic poison if you get Toxic'd instead of regular poison in previous generations.

I read in the Chillachino thread that the 10% Flinch Chance given by the King's Rock is applied for each of a multi-hitting attack's hits (IE, each of the 5 hits of Sweep Slap by Skill Link Chillachino has a 10% chance of Flinching). I see that this is something that has yet to be tested, so I was wondering if anyone could find time to test this. It could make Skill Link Chillachino an excellent annoyer once it's DW ability is released.
I thought King's Rock had an 11.7% flinch rate.
Assuming it is 10%, Chillachino using Bullet Seed will flinch the opponent 40.951% of the time. An 11.7% flinch rate lets Bullet Seed flinch about 46.321% of the time.

The user is not protected by Focus Sash and still dies, but what if the opponent is the one holding the Focus Sash? Is it protected in case Life Gamble deals more damage than its total HP?
It does protect a Focus Sash holder against Life Gamble.

Tested that with a Victini (404 HP) against a wild Dokkora

Turn 1: Dokkora used Bide
Alakazam used Trick
Alakazam tricked its Focus Sash

Turn 2: Alakazam switched out, Victini is sent out

Turn 3: Victini used Life Gamble, Victini is KOed, Dokkora hang on its Focus Sash.

EDIT: Like Focus Sash, the ability Sturdy activates and leaves its owner at 1 HP if Life Gamble did full damage.

It does protect a Focus Sash holder against Life Gamble.

Tested that with a Victini (404 HP) against a wild Dokkora

Turn 1: Dokkora used Bide
Alakazam used Trick
Alakazam tricked its Focus Sash

Turn 2: Alakazam switched out, Victini is sent out

Turn 3: Victini used Life Gamble, Victini is KOed, Dokkora hang on its Focus Sash.
That's interesting. What about Destiny Bond now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)