Triple Battle Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing Triple Battle Wi-Fi lately and it's very interesting. As single battle is turning into a rock-paper scissors game when you can only use 3 Pokemons, Triple Battle allows 6 Pokemons and plenty of combos. These are some of the most devastating combos I've found so far:

Weavile -> Beat Up + Righteous Heart Terakion -> Rock Slide (+ Rock Jewel/+ Helping Hand)
  • Weavile use Beat Up to hit Terakion 6 times and boost his attack to max , who then Rock Slide my team into bits afterward. He also got a helping hand from a Poke that I can't remember.

Erufuun -> Sunny Day + Infernape -> Heat Wave / Camerupt -> Eruption (+ Fire Jewel/+Helping Hand)
Borutorosu -> Rain Dance + Blastoise -> Water Spout (+Water Jewel/+ Helping Hand)
  • Weather Teams are common in Triple battle (even without Ninetails or Politoed), but what really caught me off-guard are the MHed Sunny Day/Rain Dance and getting swept by a terrible, terrible AoE damage from the start.

Ice Breath + Anger Point Tauros -> Return
  • Max Atk from the get-go. Even Tauros is easily revenged killed, It picked off two of my dudes in the process.

Points from my experience
  • There are lots of Trick Room teams, and I've never won them even once with my aggressive team.
  • I've seen many Wide Guard users including Hitmontop, Abagora and Kojondo. I believe this reflect the AoE-heavy meta game in Triple Battle.
  • Dark Void Smeargle is annoying as hell.

In my opinion, Triple Battle brings lots of possibilities and more strategy. There are things to keep in mind such as friendly fire and positioning (Earth Quake is not as easy to use as it's always been). Team building becomes more like a "Team". A supporter with no offensive moves is not rare.

Above are just the combos I've came across. If anyone has interesting combos/team ideas, feel free to share and discuss :)

That beat up strategy sounds interesting. Is it possible to(mainly with some kind of setup like hail or sandstorm):

1follow me
2 Wide guard/switch
3 switch/wide guard

I tried Ice Breath on Yache Warubiaru, who earthquaked and proceeded to wipe out all three of the opposite team instantly. I had a Mantine with Wide Guard as well.

The Beat Up idea is very clever, that's for sure.

Any Fake Out leads? I have a feeling they'd be pretty popular since it now has the same priority as Follow Me, which will screw up set up Pokemon. Beat Up + Terakion and Wide Guard + Earthquake are creative strategies as well.

Edit: As for a Helping Hand user, you could go with Arcanine since it also gets Intimidate to screw up your opponent's physical Pokemon.

Since Ice breath, in doubles/triples anger point is big. Justice heart/beat up is hilarious, especially when coupled with Endure and Psych Up.

Justice Heart
Cobalon
Terakion
Virizion
Kerodio
Arcanine
Absol
Lucario
Gallade

Beat Up
Weavile
Houndoom
Charizard
Arbok
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Dugtrio
Primape
Ambipom
Girafarig
Shiftry
Erufuun
Waruvial

Anger Point
Primape
Tauros
Camerupt
Waruvial

Ice Breath
Dewgong
Cloyster
Jynx
Lapras
Articuno
Mew
Delibird
Glalie
Walrein
Regice
Abomasnow
Glaceon
Baibanbi
Tsunbeaa
Furijioo

Fake Out is there in almost every game I've played. Notable users are Kojondo and Hitmontop, who can also use Wide Guard.

Kojondo is a very nice team player with [U-Turn/Wide Guard/Fake Out/Taunt] as U-Turn + Fake Out + Taunt will cripple any attempt to set up. Regeneration and Focus Sash makes this thing very hard to kill as well.

Memorable Helping Hand users I've seen are
- Arcanine
- the Eevee family (I think I've seen all of them except for the original one)
- Mushana (Telepathy makes Helping Hand + Earthquake/Explosion possible)
- Shuckle (I've seen him team up with Blissey. Guard Share + Helping Hand + Blissey -> Blizzard wear my team down overtime).
- Erufuun (for obvious reason)

Erufuun is great in every team. He has everything a supporter wants to have, with Mischievous Heart on top. A single Tail Wind can win you the battle (If you're not facing a trick room team). Priority Encore shut down set ups and if all else fails, you still have the Stun Spore hax.

Justice Heart and Beat Up. That's hilarious.

Going to have to think of some of my own, though I'm a big fan of Abomasnow/Kyuremu/Sazandora triple Blizzarding, nice, simple, and to the point.

I think a Rain team with Surf + 2 Water Absorb & 1 Storm Drain users is great. Pokemon like Lapras/Lanturn also get Thunder.

Rain Dance isn't necessary, but is very helpful for more Power and Thunder over t-bolt.

Suicune: @ Life Orb
Water Absorb [Dreamworld]
252 SpA, 252 HP, 4 SpD [No Need for Speed with TAILWIND]
Modest

Tailwind
Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Ground OR Sing Around/Echo Voice

Lapras @ Life Orb
4 HP, 252 SpD, 252 SpA
Water Absorb

Surf
Thunder / Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Ground OR Sing Around/Echo Voice

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
252 SpA, 252 HP, 4 SpD
Storm Drain (boosts Special Attack when hit with Water; +2 each turn!)

Surf

Ice Beam
Earth Power
Hidden Power Grass OR Sing Around/Echo Voice

As for Sunny Day:
Trap and boost: Shandera can trap stuff to prevent weather set-ups. Also combining Grass Oat Chlorophyll Venasaur + Choice Scarf Fire Oath Solar Power Charizard = OWNAGE
Many combos: Victini boosts Accuracy, Cherrim boosts Attack and SpD with Sunny Day making Ho-Oh dangerous, Eruption/Heatwave hits all foes, and Lava plume can activate Flash Fire...

Typhlosion: Choice Scarf
252 SpA, 252 Spe
Timid
Flash Fire [Dream World]

Eruption
Heatwave
Filler
Filler

Shandera: @ Choice Scarf
Shadow Tag
252 SpA, 252 Speed
Modest

Lava Plume
Heatwave
Shadow Ball
Filler

Charizard: @ Choice Scarf

Heatwave
Solarbeam
Air Slash
Filler

This wasn't really a combo, but it's really useful.

Choice scarf Togekiss that flinched my most threatening pokemon while the rest of his team picked it off before it could strike.

I'm considering uses for Side Change. It sounds moderately useful in situations where you have something 4x weak on one side, and something with an immunity on the other.

I tried triples for a bit with a weather/TR team:

Oobemu @ Lum Berry
Quiet nature (Telepathy)
Psychic
Side Change
Rain Dance
Trick Room

Vaporeon @ Life Orb
Quiet nature (Water Absorb)
Surf
Blizzard
Shadow Ball
Protect

Toxicroak @ Focus Sash
Adamant nature (Dry Skin)
Fake Out
Low Kick
Sucker Punch
Helping Hand

Abomasnow @ Occa Berry
Quiet nature
Blizzard
Grass Knot
Ice Shard
Protect

etc...

Basically I spam Surf while taking advantage of my team's water immunities, and use Blizzard as a backup against pokemon that resist Surf or that try to change the weather.

I'm attempting to do some Triples right now but no one seems to be doing it so I can't find an opponent. Hopefully this thread will make people interested in Triples.

There're quite a number of Japanese people doing triples in the evening (Japanese evening, which is +9 GMT). I live in Japan, so I don't have much problem finding the right time to play. Sometimes I got into the same opponent over and over though. More people interesting in Triples would be nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-iAB-I0lsA

Not as feasible and takes a while to set up, but still fun against teams who aren't prepared for a sturdy shedinja.
Very amazing and hilarious at the same time. I've read the comments and the poster said that he had a Cloud Nine Golduck and Air Lock Rayquaza to prevent weather damage. Blissey and Mamanbou are for Safeguard preventing Burn, Poison (plus Shedinja is holding a Lum Burry). He admitted that it'll die to Leech Seed tho.

Wonder Guard Blissey alone is more than enough to abuse. She can also pass it down to Shibirudon if Shedinja strat somehow doesn't work (die to weather or something).

Very amazing and hilarious at the same time. I've read the comments and the poster said that he had a Cloud Nine Golduck and Air Lock Rayquaza to prevent weather damage. Blissey and Mamanbou are for Safeguard preventing Burn, Poison (plus Shedinja is holding a Lum Burry). He admitted that it'll die to Leech Seed tho.

Wonder Guard Blissey alone is more than enough to abuse. She can also pass it down to Shibirudon if Shedinja strat somehow doesn't work (die to weather or something).
What's interesting is that Golduck used Worry Seed on Shedinja right before the Skill Swap, so Blissey couldn't have gotten Wonder Guard. Not to mention, if you pass it to Shibiurdon, you'll just get Earthquaked.

What's interesting is that Golduck used Worry Seed on Shedinja right before the Skill Swap, so Blissey couldn't have gotten Wonder Guard. Not to mention, if you pass it to Shibiurdon, you'll just get Earthquaked.
0.0 I missed on that Earthquake part, but Wonder Guard Spirittomb still works I guess.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway, ability changing move can bring potential combos, such as giving Serene Grace to Rock Slide users. Moves like Simple Beam, Make Friend can also remove hindering abilities (Aianto giving Hustle to Archeos?).

For the sake of discussion, I decided to make these lists. Note that in Double/Triple Battle the damage dealt to more than one Pokemon is reduced to 75%.

HTML:
Moves that hit all opponents 
		BP (75%)	Acc	Type	Note 
Eruption	150(112.5)	100	Fire	The lower the user HP, the lower damage caused
Water Spout	150(112.5)	100	Water	The lower the user HP, the lower damage caused
Blizzard	120(90)		70	Ice 	10% chance to Freeze 
Heat Wave  	100(75)		90	Fire	10% chance to Burn
Muddy Water	95(71.25)	85	Water	30% chance to reduce accuracy by 1 stage
Hyper Voice	90(65.7)	100	Normal	
Razor Wind	80(60)		100	Normal	Requires 1 turn to charge. High critical rate.
Rock Slide	75(56.25)	90	Rock	30% chance to flinch
Ancient Song*	75(56.25)	100	Normal	10% chance to sleep
Frozen World*	65(48.75)	95	Ice	100% chance to reduce speed by 1 stage
Swift		60(45)		-	Normal	Always hit
Icy Wind	55(41.25)	95	Ice	100% chance to reduce speed by 1 stage
ElecNet*	55(41.25)	95	Elec	100% chance to reduce speed by 1 stage
Bark Out*	55(41.25)	95	Dark	100% chance to reduce Sp.Attack by 1 stage
Razor Leaf	55(41.25)	95	Grass	High critical rate
Air Cutter	55(41.25)	95	Flying	High critical rate
Acid		40(30)		100	Poison	10% chance to reduce Sp.Def by 1 stage
Powder Snow	40(30)		100	Ice	10% chance to Freeze
Twister		40(30)		100	Dragon	20% chance to flinch. Damage is doubled if opponent is using Fly 
Bug Opposition*	30(22.5)	100	Bug	100% chance to reduce Sp.Attack by 1 stage
HTML:
Moves that hit everyone but the user
		BP (75%)	Acc	Type	Note 
Explosion	250(187.5)	100	Normal	The user faints
Selfdestruct	200(150)	100	Normal	The user faints
Earthquake	100(75)		100	Ground	Damage is doubled if opponent is using Dig
Ball of Flame*	100(75)		100	Fire	30% chance to burn
Surf		95(71.25)	100	Water	Damage is doubled if opponent is using Dive
Sludge Wave*	95(71.25)	100	Poison	10% chance to poison
Lava Plume	80(60)		100	Fire	30% chance to burn
Discharge	80(60)		100	Elec	30% chance to paralize
Synchro Noise*	70(52.5)	100	Psychic	Only damage anyone who has the same type as the user
Magnitude	-		100	Ground	The power is random from 10,30,50,70,90,110,150
With these lists I think we can come up with Lava Plume -> Flash Fire users / Surf -> Water Absorber / Discharge -> Volt Absorb, Motor Drive teams. I'll make a list of abilities that can abuse friendly fire when I have time :)

EDITED: Added gen 5 moves to the list. (indicated by *)

How about:
Cloyster@Life Orb
252Atk/252Spd/4HP
Skill Link
-Shell Break
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Waterfall

Mamanbou@Leftovers
252HP/252SpD/4Def (probably not the best spread, but oh well)
Healing Heart
-Wide Guard
-Healing Beam
-Wish
-Boiling Water/Safeguard/Helping Hand

Ulgamoth@Life Orb
252SpAtk/252Spd/4HP
Swarm
-Butterfly Dance
-Fire Dance/Fire Blast
-Bug Buzz
-Gale/Hidden Power/Fire Blast

Mamanbou guards the others and keeps them healthy while they set up.
You could also Simple Beam a setup Poke, would be interesting.

Rankurusu @ Life Orb
Quiet, 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 Def
- Trick Room
- Psychic/Psycho Shock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Lickilicky @ Chople Berry (?)
Quiet, 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Hammer Arm
- Explosion

Roopushin @ Leftovers
Brave, 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SDef
- Hammer Arm
- Payback
- Mach Punch
- Wide Guard

Don't know how good this is.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You can play singles with 6 Pokemon. Its Wifi with FCs IIRC.

I've been messing around with triples a bit on PO, and Kyogre + Palkia + Borutotusu is a really solid lead combo. It breaks through a lot of teams effortlessy.

When i saw the beat up strategy I first though of this setup.

Erufuun (Mischievous Heart) @ Balloon
Swagger

Monmen/Tornelos (Mischievous Heart)@ Balloon
Swagger

Lickilicky (Oblivious) @Choice Scarf
Earthquake
Rock Slide

A +4 Scarfed Lickilicky can tear through quite a bit. Not as effective as the beat up one though. Wish I could test this out though i think it would be fun :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)