Want to write for The Smog? (Yes, you do!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Maybe we could do a different tier every month or something.
That'd be awesome. I also realise now that a breif overview of older games, like GBA OU would be good, what with the SPL in ~2 months, because I understand that things like leads are completely different.

I'd quite like to write an article for the Smog on how we've been creating a new metagame as of Black and White's release - how and why we came up with our banlist, those threats we thought would be predominant that turned out to be wet fish, and so on - but its relevancy would probably be limited by when the next edition of the smog is scheduled to be released (when is that, in fact?).

I'd like to write an article not about Pokemon, but about something else like Fire Emblem or something like that (Colonel M and Mekkah, I'm looking at you).

I would enjoy writing something. Maybe an analysis on the fifth gen Pokemon that people haven't really acknowledged, like Kuitaran, Aianto, and Maggyo?

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Dunno if #13 is coming out yet... but...

I'd like to write about the IN-game Tier List. I know I have a semi-bad history with writing things and not doing it, but I have a huge amount of interest of spreading this around. It'll probably focus more on the one I just made, but perhaps (I am not making broken promises) I might discuss the other ones in the future.

So uh... can I have one more chance? PWEASE! :)

Me (ShinyAzelf), UltimateKirbyFan, Belphagor and 69xanxus69 are interested in writing for the Smog. Since we know each other in real life, we can work on articles together. However, we need ideas but we can write pretty much anything! If you are short of writers, please ask us!

Thank you!

In the spirit of the new Gen V stuff, I would like to write an article on creative and useful movesets to maybe steer people away from the usual dittos, dories, and nattoreis we always see.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Why has not one person suggested an overall guide to 5th gen? There are a lot of people (gonna be honest, I mean myself) who see the new Pokemon and strategy as something of a boundary, and a guide to the scene would be great. And God knows, it looks like we have enough writers.

I have thought of a topic to write about. :D

Like The Smog issue #10, how about I (or somebody else) write about effective cores, how and why they are effective. Of course, this is with all the new mons. :D

Unfortunately, I'm not that great of a battler, so I'm not good at discovering effective cores. ;_; Somebody care to help? :P

I would love to write a Featured Pokemon article on Starmie, or a History of Starmie, as it has been one of the best Pokemon in the game since it's inception.

Hey, my yearlies are over so i'm free to write about anything (if theres a spot vacant). I wouldn't mind doing a featured pokemon article or anything else in particular.

EDIT: I'd like to write an NU metagame analysis with the conception of NU stall as a direct result of Slowking and regirock's drop in October as well as other changes such as Ursaring and Exeggutor leaving NU.

I'd be willing to add notes about Azumarill to a weather article (since Azumarill can manhandle unprepared SS teams and works well with rain teams) or to an unconventional Pokes section, since it can check a good number of things outside of sun as well.

Also, I can make vector illustrations in Powerpoint for articles.

Samples:

MAC 6: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/ToaNeya/kits/CAP-9/OtherMons/nightmaretini.png
MAC 7: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/ToaNeya/kits/CAP-9/OtherMons/NewStyleFakemon/mac7redo.png
Random Shanderaa image as a JPEG: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/ToaNeya/kits/CAP-9/OtherMons/NewStyleFakemon/shanderaasmog.jpg

I could write for the smog.

Here are some ideas and whatnots i could do

I can sprite any thing you tell me

How about we pick a random aspect of smogon and really go deep inside it

Discuss some of the social groups for "lol" and dramas

also i was thinking i could write a article of how the puedo have evolved through out the generation

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have thought of a topic to write about. :D

Like The Smog issue #10, how about I (or somebody else) write about effective cores, how and why they are effective. Of course, this is with all the new mons. :D

Unfortunately, I'm not that great of a battler, so I'm not good at discovering effective cores. ;_; Somebody care to help? :P
I think that's a great idea!
I would love to help, I would like to write in the Smog.

Can't believe it took me this long to get 50 posts. :/
Too much lurking in the first month I suppose.

I would love to do a write-up on, or assist in the writing of any of the following:

(1)Featured RMT-BW OU(if it is allowed by then),BW LC, DPP OU, DPP UU.
(2)the Battling Strategy section-anything not about NU or 4th gen LC.
(3)Smogon Tabloids
(4)Type Analysis

I am ready to write an article under any of the following topics; as I would consider it an honour to contribute to The Smog. I can also be of able assistance in the grammar section of the articles, since I am good at English. I am willing to comply to whatever I am directed to do. I really, really do hope that I get selected for the task of writing/helping to write an article for the next edition of the Smog.

Quite the long post, I suppose.:toast:

Hoping to get selected,
Calm Pokemaster.

As an avid reader (and Smogon lurker) I would love too contribute too the Smog in any way possible. I have absolutely no ideas however, although a type analysis seems like something I would be interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)