Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer (Mark 1)

Since the Little Cup EV spreads don't total up to 510 (or 508, for that matter), does this mean that there is some leeway as to IVs? To clarify, could you end up with the same stats of a 31/31/31/31/31/31 IV spread if you had less-than-perfect IVs but invested more EVs in the stats that had imperfect IVs since there are "leftover" EVs from the spreads?

Thanks!
as GoldenKnight said, not all of them are less than 508. that said, yes. for LC pokemon that don't need all 508, you have one IV from flawless per 4 EVs not used

additionally, stat's that require no EVs have some leeway as well. the total below flawless you can be is equaly to (80-x)/4, where x=EVs needed for the next point in that stat

for example, say you're EVing a sweeper, and its Def needs 36 EVs for the next point:
(80-36)/4
(44)/4

your Def IV must be 20 or higher. anything lower will require EVs to clear up the deficiency

Hopefully this is the correct place for this question.

I'm looking for someone to tutor me as to how EVs should be placed on LC Pokes (in general, not indivdual Pokes).

PM/VM me if you want to help. If you are a Wi-fier, and decide to help, I'll throw in something a little extra for your time.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Actually, Level 5 or below. You can have a Pokemon at levels 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1. Just clarifying Fatecrashers' post.

I could have sworn that I read that all Pokémon in the Little Cup had to have been hatched from an egg, but I don't see this in the "Rules" section of the Little Cup guide... was this recently changed, or am I mistaken? Is this only a rule for the Little Cup colosseum in PBR?

i'm pretty sure the rule was had to be hatchable from an egg, allowing wild-caught and event pokemon to be used.

i'm guessing they got rid of it altogether as i think every pokemon that evolves is hatchable from an egg

I have a simple question. I'm new to Smogon, so maybe I just missed it. Is there somewhere to learn how to play Little Cup (at least as a starting place) other than the academy thing that runs every three weeks? After 12 years of pokemon, I'm admitting I need the academy thing for OU, but I would like to play around with LC on my own before a "formal" training.

Thanks! I have one question that I am slightly confused on. Due to the third gen glitch, all level up moves are allowed if they would have been learned in third gen? The wording threw me a little.

Crux

Banned deucer.
Yes. However, it really only applies to genderless Pokemon, like Porygon and Staryu, who couldn't get level up moves otherwise

I´m not sure if this kind of question is allowed in here, but anyways:

Is there a way to get fully EVed pokemon for Little Cup on the actual cartridge? On 4th gen specifically, meaning preferably without Pomeg glitch and AR?(I need them for PBR Little Cup colosseum, that´s why I wasn´t sure). I tried before, but they level up too fast.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
If I remember right, it involves a combination of pokerus, the power items that halve speed and give 4 evs per battle, and multiple mons with exp shares. I think with enough exp shares in your party along with pokerus + the item you get like 10 evs for 2-3 exp points.

One question, my Pokemon in D/P got the alert from Nurse Joy that they got the PKRS. Where the hell is it, and what do I need to do? I haven't gotten it, and I've battled at least 30 wild pokemon. D:<

Hello, I'm currently developing a team consisting of Igglybuff, Diglett, Pichu, Bulbasaur, Munchlax, and Croagunk, I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas on how to make this team work cohesively (substitutions are welcomed for Bulbasaur and Pikachu).

However, my real concern is the following:

I wish to use Perish Song with my Igglybuff and subsequently trap them with my Diglett's Arena trap ability. The idea is to set a screen (most likely Reflect), and make a Wish to bolster my Diglett once I switch. I'm concerned however, because after setting up, I don't want to end up switching in Diglett on the same turn as my opponent (this is assuming that he/she waits till the very last minute to do so). In addition, I also hoped to use Stealth Rock so that the next Pokemon replacing the fallen foe can be dealth some damage. Is any of this at all plausible? Like I said before, I'm still trying to figure out how to make this team work well. because I'm fairly unfamiliar with using them in this capacity.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)