Art Best Served Cold

Hi, I'm icay4321. You may have noticed that I really like to lurk around this art forum. Well, I decided to ost some of my pictures. I hand draw all of this stuff on paper and then scan or take pictures of it all. I don't have any fancy software or a tablet, so that's about as good as it is gonna get. I hope you all enjoy

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your grasp of proportion is pretty off dude, to attempt to better grasp it copy directly off official art / good fanart and sketch instead of using solid lines, constantly correct your work along the way and refer to the original.

Proportions are for elitists.

I really love how you draw your legendaries! I fail so miserably I don't even try, lol. I do agree with Poppycock about sketching though, since if you mess up it's really easy to go back and fix it.

/still forgets to sketch sometimes ahem

I'll be lurking here from now on <3

Thanks for the criticism Poppycock, because yeah, after I uploaded them, I thought they looked pretty bad. I only really like Shedinja...

Bucky: Lulzwat?

Kipp: I'm glad you like it:)

EDIT: Just drew this one, and maybe I should stop scanning these things; pencil doesnt show up very well...

EDIT2: Can I double-post in my own thread, lol? Colored version of the one above this:

Critiques/comments/guides on how to do this stuff on the computer would be helpful. The best thing I have for software is GIMP, so anybody who can help with the computer aspect of it, your words would be appreciated.

I used GIMP for a pretty long time before I upgraded to photoshop, and I can honestly say that GIMP has all the tools you need for awesome art! I would suggest taking a look at GIMP Paint Studio, or GPS. It is kind of like an user created upgrade that truly utilizes GIMP to its max potential. I would suggest getting a tablet, but if that is out of your reach I would also suggest you look up tutorials on youtube that explain the use of the line tool. With that tool you can make smooth line art without the use of a tablet! Good luck!

I used GIMP for a pretty long time before I upgraded to photoshop, and I can honestly say that GIMP has all the tools you need for awesome art! I would suggest taking a look at GIMP Paint Studio, or GPS. It is kind of like an user created upgrade that truly utilizes GIMP to its max potential. I would suggest getting a tablet, but if that is out of your reach I would also suggest you look up tutorials on youtube that explain the use of the line tool. With that tool you can make smooth line art without the use of a tablet! Good luck!
Thank you! And I shall be sure to look into the things you suggested. Sadly, there are some other things that I'd like to buy before a tablet, but I do intend to get one eventually...

Thank you! I imagined that it got tired of surviving all these hits, so it dropped it's focus sash(even though that's not how it works in the game, lol)

I really liked the way you draw lugia's head! While your first drawings were not quite in proportion, you Shedinja and Sableye are beast! Keeppp working! Here's one little suggestion I have, the Pokemon you draw seem to be slightly vertically stretched, try drawing fatter pokemon! =P But this is great art.

I really like the Shedinja! The Cyndaquil would be great if you erased the head outlines, but apart fromt hat it's certainly adorable! Joining the lurk!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)