Past Gen RNG Research

Yay I got an ARDSi! Finally got the MTRNG code to work after updating the firmware and eventually worked out how to find my initial seed, and get the predicted IVs show up in researcher. I'm don't think anyone else has researched consecutive eggs, and where they show up yet, but here are the first 5:

1st egg - row 8-13
2nd egg - row 25-30
3rd egg - row 38-43
4th egg - row 63-68
5th egg - row 84-89

*ignore, doesn't work >_>*

Parent A - 7 / 13 / 19 / 18 / 8 / 14
Parent B - 3 / 2 / 11 / 27 / 25 / 10

Reset 1: 14-11-2010 (14th Nov) 19:26:39
seed: 20AC3117
egg 1 - B/A/23/28/A/17 (predicted in reporter rows 8-13: 27/25/23/28/24/17)
egg 2 - 29/B/B/A/22/12 (predicted in reporter rows 25-30: 29/20/31/22/22/12)
egg 3 - A/12/1/A/A/13 (predicted in reporter rows 38-43: 22/12/1/2/9/13)
egg 4 - A/A/14/14/A/6 (predicted in reporter rows 63-68: 4/21/14/14/28/6)
egg 5 - 12/A/B/B/22/18 (predicted in reporter rows 84-89: 12/28/29/29/22/18)

Reset 2: 14-11-2010 (14th Nov) 20:07:40
seed: 039B90C7
egg 1 - 29/15/A/10/B/B (predicted in reporter rows 8-13: 29/15/8/10/24/17)
egg 2 - 0/18/B/26/A/A (predicted in reporter rows 25-30: 0/18/25/26/0/19)
egg 3 - A/8/B/B/18/29 (predicted in reporter rows 38-43: 24/10/30/21/10/6) doesnt match, actual location rows 53-58 (20/8/15/25/18/29)
egg 4 - A/11/2/A/26/A (predicted in reporter rows 63-68: 22/20/30/0/30/11) doesnt match, actual location rows 75-80
egg 5 - A/5/B/31/B/15 (predicted in reporter rows 84-89: 26/6/4/31/10/7) doesn't match, actual location rows 100-105

edit: added my actual data, and going to do another reset and see if they remain constant.
edit2: it doesn't match past the 2nd egg.. i'll do another reset, but I think I'll get similar results.

Alright, it is finally my turn to contribute. I have discovered a little bit more about egg breeding through some trial and error. Using what Dan Dan posted as my basis I recently decided to go for some IVs that were on rows 107-108 (31,30,31). So I started collecting eggs and here is what I got:

Reset 1-
Egg 1: rows 8-13 (---)
Egg 2: rows 23-28 (short wait)
Egg 3: rows 33-44 (REALLY short wait)
Egg 4: rows 68-73 (average wait)
Egg 5: rows 136-141 (long wait)

Reset 2-
Egg 2: rows 33-44 (less than average wait)
Egg 3: rows 49-54 (REALLY short wait)
Egg 4: rows 70-75 (average wait)
Egg 5: rows 168-173 (REALLY long wait)

Reset 3-
Egg 2: rows 35-40 (less than average wait)
Egg 3: rows 54-59 (average wait)
Egg 4: rows 83-88 (average wait)
Egg 5: rows 126-131 (average wait)

New seed
Egg 2: rows 21-26 (Uber short wait)
Egg 3: rows 34-39 (short wait)
Egg 4: rows 55-60 (short wait)
Egg 5: rows 83-88 (relatively short wait)

Reset 2-
Egg 2: rows 23-28 (short wait)
Egg 3: rows 42-47 (average wait)
Egg 4: rows 63-68 (short wait)
Egg 5: rows 81-86 (short wait)

When I am talking about "wait" times I am referring to how long I have to wait to pick up the next egg as I am bicycling back and forth along the road below the daycare. As you can see, the amount of time between eggs directly affects which frames you land on. Since I don't know when each new "countdown" starts (due to having a cartridge) I can't say what the progression of time is for each set of IVs. BUT, if we can figure that out then we will be able to find spreads much more easily as we can try for eggs that are further down the list...

time ago i heard that a BW seed list will be released soon,but i don't see anything atm,how time should we wait?
Seeds are dependent on the MAC adress of the DS that is used, so everyone will get different spreads on the same date/time. The Emulators all use the same MAC address however so those using the same emulators will hit the same seed on the same date/time.

So I'm not really sure how a list of seeds would work out...

yes i know but the 99% for BW uses the desmune 096,so a list if possible,because all this desmune version have the same MAC address

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yes i know but the 99% for BW uses the desmune 096,so a list if possible,because all this desmune version have the same MAC address
No.

I'm lenient when it comes to releasing AR codes against Smogon's "no-hacking" policy for research purposes, but this ends at posting a list of information specifically for emulator and ROM use.

So would you consider the use of the MTRNG code to check your seed and then trading the hatched pokemon on here "hacking"? Since you've done the research part and now abusing it.. Not that it bothers me anyway because I can't trade lol.

A little update on the nature/ability thing... I'm stumped. From my posts in DMP, you can see I successfully bred 4 mons of varying nature, but the correct IVs. I'm trying for a Curse Iwaperusu now (it@everstone and Ditto@power sdef item), and I'm getting the IVs and ability, but the Everstone isn't working. The only conclusion I have is that the father must have something to do with nature. I will try using my Male Gigarockthing and the crab and see if I get similar results...

So would you consider the use of the MTRNG code to check your seed and then trading the hatched pokemon on here "hacking"? Since you've done the research part and now abusing it.. Not that it bothers me anyway because I can't trade lol.

A little update on the nature/ability thing... I'm stumped. From my posts in DMP, you can see I successfully bred 4 mons of varying nature, but the correct IVs. I'm trying for a Curse Iwaperusu now (it@everstone and Ditto@power sdef item), and I'm getting the IVs and ability, but the Everstone isn't working. The only conclusion I have is that the father must have something to do with nature. I will try using my Male Gigarockthing and the crab and see if I get similar results...
It might be the Ditto, have you bred the others using a Ditto?

EDIT: This is pretty interesting, a way to manipulate whether the Everstone works on a frame could be very useful.

All of the final products used LightningFusion's flawless Modest Ditto as the "mother", always holding the SDef item because that's what "triggered" the right IVs for me.

Does anyone know how much the RNG advances while you're in the high link place picking up your dream world Pokemon? We should figure this out so DW abilities will be easier to get good IVs for before you even breed.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know how much the RNG advances while you're in the high link place picking up your dream world Pokemon? We should figure this out so DW abilities will be easier to get good IVs for before you even breed.
To get into the High Link areas, you have to turn on the C-Gear. Once you turn on the C-Gear, the MTRNG location will not predict the IVs (maybe somewhere far down the line, but currently this is just a possibility).

Once you are in the High Link area, the MTRNG location stops advancing, so the IVs are locked in. Where the IVs come from isn't known yet. The RNG advances at a steady pace kind of like C-Gear advancement (wireless communication) on top of the NPCs moving, and this only effects the PID (natures, they can't be shiny).

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Nah, trust me bro. At this point. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to breed.

For an example, I found these completely usable "Base Egg IV Seeds" in just the first 30 something Seconds I happened to arbitrarily look at.

(I=inherited IV):
I / 30 / I / I / 30 / I
I / I / 30 / I / I / 0
28 / I / 31 / I / I / I
28 / I / I / I / 31 / I
I / 31 / I / I / I / 30

Although, if you're a stickler for special pokeballs...

To get into the High Link areas, you have to turn on the C-Gear. Once you turn on the C-Gear, the MTRNG location will not predict the IVs (maybe somewhere far down the line).

When you are in the High Link area, the location stops advancing, so the IVs are locked in. Where the IVs come from aren't known yet. The RNG advances at a steady pace on top of the NPCs moving, and this only effects the PID (natures, they can't be shiny).
So, we can't really determine what IVs they'll get as of now because we have no idea how they're produced, but we can alter their natures? Or do the NPCs in the High Link area screw that up too?

Edit: Yeah, I understand why now mattj. I just have some painful memories of trying to get good natured wondercard pokemon, haha.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So, we can't really determine what IVs they'll get as of now because we have no idea how they're produced, but we can alter their natures? Or do the NPCs in the High Link area screw that up too?

Edit: Yeah, I understand why now mattj. I just have some painful memories of trying to get good natured wondercard pokemon, haha.
Back on page 17 I documented the advancement process of High Link Pokemon generation. Every frame should have a different nature, it advances fairly steady even when the game is paused (trainer screen, dialog with pokemon, etc), so predicting your starting frame is impossible on a cart unless you have multiple calibrations.

It's really not worth it. I'd say it's as big of a crapshoot as Wondercard natures for those on carts due to the High Link and the advancement causing so much pain.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Recently I came across a IRNG seed that yielded me the following results from rows 8-13:
1/31/17/29/25/31 but here were my actual results as follows where a = male & b = female:

2 parents without items: b/a/a/29/25/31

male with power sp.def & jolly female with everstone: 1/31/17/29/31/31 (not jolly)

male with power defense & jolly female with everstone: 1/31/31/29/25/31 (not jolly)

male with power HP & jolly female with everstone: 31/31/31/29/25/31 (not jolly)

So my guess is I ran out of possibilities with this seed. Should I try something different with this seed, or keep going for another seed?

You should try waiting different amounts of time before picking up the egg, try intervals or 5 seconds, and if there is a change of frame (change of inherited IVs), then try the seconds in between to determine when the frame change occurs.

You should try waiting different amounts of time before picking up the egg, try intervals or 5 seconds, and if there is a change of frame (change of inherited IVs), then try the seconds in between to determine when the frame change occurs.
Or you could try using the using the amount of laps the Churine and Chiramii run outside of the Day-Care. Re-Saving can also yield different frames.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
After the success I just had where I used a male totodile holding power defense with a female jolly kibago holding everstone, I tried similar with another set of pokemon this time using a jolly ditto, but when I paused the same amount of time, instead of the offspring inheriting the ditto's sp.def, it inherited ditto's 0 sp.atk IV then got the filler 25 for sp.def instead while nature & ability were still desired. I tried pausing at least a few seconds shorter, and while I did achieve the desired IV spread, the nature & ability were off, so I'm wondering if different parent types may have caused this discrepancy.

After the success I just had where I used a male totodile holding power defense with a female jolly kibago holding everstone, I tried similar with another set of pokemon this time using a jolly ditto, but when I paused the same amount of time, instead of the offspring inheriting the ditto's sp.def, it inherited ditto's 0 sp.atk IV then got the filler 25 for sp.def instead while nature & ability were still desired. I tried pausing at least a few seconds shorter, and while I did achieve the desired IV spread, the nature & ability were off, so I'm wondering if different parent types may have caused this discrepancy.
It's simple, it's caused by ditto. You should try with pkmnM + pkmnF instead of pkmn + ditto.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Yeah! Thanks! That's a great thing to know! Now, if we don't find desirable results when starting out with a parent and a Ditto, we can just take a high IV baby and swap that in for the Ditto and then possibly find the desired result!

Nah, trust me bro. At this point. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to breed.

For an example, I found these completely usable "Base Egg IV Seeds" in just the first 30 something Seconds I happened to arbitrarily look at.

(I=inherited IV):
I / 30 / I / I / 30 / I
I / I / 30 / I / I / 0
28 / I / 31 / I / I / I
28 / I / I / I / 31 / I
I / 31 / I / I / I / 30

Although, if you're a stickler for special pokeballs...

You would still need to RNG for good wild pokémon to use as parents.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
That's pretty easy to do LudwiG. Monster IV seeds with 1 or 2 31s are plentiful and I have four or five easy ones just from looking at around 40 arbitrary seconds now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)