[Standard] Metroid Prime Mafia-GAME OVER: Space Pirates Win! Postgame Up!

I didn't give my "most accurate sheet" to rey :| It barely had like 5-7 role names, out of which some were purposely wrong to protect people in case rey wasn't what he claimed, which happened to be the case.

Altair

just who is the coon?
Considering I was left in the dark by the village leadership for the entirety of the game, I'm interested to know why so many lynches failed, was that the complete oversight of the village leaders, or the brokenness of the space pirates?

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
GAME OVER

space_pirates_rule said:
1. No Lynch
2. Midou
3. Johann
The nominations are...No Lynch, Midou, and Johann.

Without warning and without even bothering to wait for the statues, billymills began unloading his twin machine guns on Midou and Johann. Johann shattered instantly, and though Midou was made of sturdier stuff, he too was utterly destroyed.
Dear Johann, you are the Shriekbat

You are a small bat-like creature that dive-bombs prey, at the cost of your own life. Fortunately, you are a whole group of Shriekbat, so this shouldn’t be a problem.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Dive-Bomb <user>”. You will dive-bomb <user> and <user> will be so startled that <user> will be unable to perform any Night actions that Night. However, if <user> has any items, <user> will simply throw his or her items at you and go on his or her way, performing his or her action successfully. Of course, this means that you obtain <user>’s item. Note that you will only obtain the item <user> has had the longest if <user> has more than one item.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, Hooked, Hooked.

Your starting Location is the Chozo Ruins.

You are a part of the Indigenous Alliance. You win if you eliminate the Hunter and the Space Pirates.

Dear LonelyNess/Midou, you are Thardus

You were the result of a series of Space Pirate experiments called “Project Titan”, whereby they infused a large pile of rocks with Phazon. You proved uncontrollable for the Space Pirates, however, and so you were quarantined. Since you are many different rocks with one consciousness, you are incredibly difficult to kill.

Because you have so many different beings making you up, you have three lives. Should you be targeted for multiple kills during a single Night, however, you could lose multiple lives.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Rock <user>”. You will hurl a rock at <user>, and, depending on whether or not <user> avoids it, will determine both whether or not <user> has been given a Safe Claim, and what that Safe Claim is.

Should you lose one life, your powers will be enhanced. Then, you will be able to send a PM stating “NX-Ice <user>”. You will completely freeze <user>, and will be able to take a look at <user>’s full Role PM while <user> is frozen. Of course, <user> will break out of the ice before long, and, since <user> will no longer be able to make it to whoever <user> intended to target that Night, <user> will instead target you with any abilities <user> was going to perform.

Should you lose two lives, your powers will again be enhanced. Then, you will be able to send a PM stating “NX-Ice <user>, Rock <user2>”. You will freeze <user>, thus catching a glance at his full Role PM, but when <user> unfreezes, he will think that <user2> froze him, since <user2> will be nearby and stunned, due to the rock you threw at him. Any abilities <user> was going to use he will instead use on <user2>. Note that killers can see through a stunning trick like this, and so any killers that you freeze will still target you with their attacks, rather than <user2>, or their original target.

Note that when you gain a new ability, you lose the old one you had. Each of these powers is immune to absorption.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, Lynched, Lynched.

Your starting Location is the Phendrana Drifts.

You also have the Artifact of Strength. This makes the holder immune to kidnappers of any kind.

Right now you are enclosed in your Quarantine Cave, and so you have agreed to help the Indigenous, since they are trying to defeat the Space Pirates. Your heart really isn’t with them, but as long as they are alive, you will help them. Should all other members of the Indigenous die, however, you will break out of your Quarantine Cave, and who knows what abilities you might gain, or what might happen to your Win Condition.

Upon being defeated you will drop a Spider Ball. You are not sure what this does, who can use it, or who it goes to should you die. It cannot be removed from you by any methods other than your death, and you may not pass it like you would an item.

You are immune to the effects of Phazon.

You are a part of the Indigenous Alliance. You win if you eliminate the Hunter and the Space Pirates.

With that, billymills, game_freak201, lambasto, shade, THE_IRON_KENYAN, Da Letter El, and askaninjask, or the Space Pirates, looked at their unworthy opponents, Altair, RaRe555, Nachos, theangryscientist, and bunnymaster, the remaining Indigenous, and the lone surviving Metroid and Worm, wickdaggler.

The latter group was cut to pieces quickly.

It seems Tallon IV will be just another resource in the Space Pirate Federation for quite some time.

For what it's worth, if Midou had voted billy first and dak second, and if bunnymaster had voted dak first, the nominations would have been billymills, dak, and no lynch by virtue of tiebreakers (most first place votes would have put billy over either midou or johann), at which point billy would have died and dak would have been hooked after the Pirates voted No Lynch (their only real option). At that point, the Indigenous would have had a living thief, the option to scavenge the items off of Veedrock for PM majority the next day, and two 1/3 kills with wickdaggler versus a kill for the Space Pirates that is blockable with location. In other words, this game was totally winnable for the Indigenous if midou and bunnymaster had voted....

Instead, Johann would have been lynched (or hooked, if the Pirates decided to vote Midou for some strange reason), and midou would have died either way, meaning that the Pirates had a nightly kill and equal numbers the next day with billy's locationless kill, along with a majority of the items for PMing and a thief.

See what a difference two little votes can make?

Anyway, here is the sheet with everyone's starting information, here is the document with all role PMs in it, and here is the sheet I used to keep track of all night actions, items, locations, and votes. billymills can show you the Space Pirates' sheet if he so chooses, it really is remarkably good.

Expect postgame in about two to three weeks due to college deadlines threatening me in the near future, but I can basically summarize it here for you right now:
-Space Pirates played very well
-Indigenous were absolutely fucking terrible
-Neutrals played decently and got luckfucked/fucked by the Indigenous playing poorly and letting them get run over by the Space Pirates
-A few minor exceptions on the Indigenous who either played decently or died early

I will also outline what I was thinking behind game design and such, as well as player placement, and what I think of the various experimental concepts used in this game.

I expect to put the postgame in this thread, although I am not sure either way.

UncleSam

Leading this village
O, and one more thing...

<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> and seeing as i may as well get something going
<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> shade's lynch effects: none, none, lynched
<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> nope
<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> only a safeguard
<Nachos> [18:11] <rare555> um
<Nachos> [18:11] <rare555> how do you know that?
<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> talking to people
<Nachos> [18:12] <Nachos> (i'm still with the indigs though)
<Nachos> [18:12] <rare555> kk
<Nachos> [18:12] <rare555> cool
<Nachos> [18:12] <rare555> that must be of some help

Nachos inspected Nook's lynch affects on Night 0 and yet indig tried and failed to lynch him nearly every day...

LightWolf

lightwoof
O, and one more thing...

<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> and seeing as i may as well get something going
<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> shade's lynch effects: none, none, lynched
<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> nope
<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> only a safeguard
<Nachos> [18:11] <rare555> um
<Nachos> [18:11] <rare555> how do you know that?
<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> talking to people
<Nachos> [18:12] <Nachos> (i'm still with the indigs though)
<Nachos> [18:12] <rare555> kk
<Nachos> [18:12] <rare555> cool
<Nachos> [18:12] <rare555> that must be of some help

Nachos inspected Nook's lynch affects on Night 0 and yet indig tried and failed to lynch him nearly every day...
Want to keep most shit for the post game, but even if we try to lynch him in that position, depending on the Artifact number of the SP, they could have easily pushed him over to the second place if the village is forced to split their votes on the other two guys. There is also the fact that Eo who would have been the best weapon to kill him with(bump a guy up, focus on the other, auto 3rd shade). Well my role could have been used, but getting him into second place is much harder that with Eo's role.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Tonight Im gonna have myself a real good time
I feel alive and the world turning inside out yeah!
And floating around in ecstasy
So don't stop me now don't stop me
Cause Im having a good time having a good time

Im a shooting star leaping through the sky
Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity
Im a racing car passing by like lady godiva
Im gonna go go go
There's no stopping me

Im burning through the sky yeah!
Two hundred degrees
That's why they call me mister fahrenheit
Im travling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic man out of you

Don't stop me now Im having such a good time
Im having a ball don't stop me now
If you wanna have a good time just give me a call
Don't stop me now (cause Im havin a good time)
Don't stop me now (yes Im havin a good time)
I don't want to stop at all

Im a rocket ship on my way to mars
On a collision course
I am a satellite Im out of control
I am a sex machine ready to reload
Like an atom bomb about to
Oh oh oh oh oh explode

Two hundred degrees
I wanna make a supersonic woman of you

Don't stop me don't stop me
Don't stop me hey hey hey!
Don't stop me don't stop me ooh ooh ooh (I like it)
Don't stop me don't stop me
Have a good time good time
Don't stop me don't stop me ah

Two hundred degrees
I wanna make a supersonic man out of you

Don't stop me now Im having such a good time
Im having a ball don't stop me now
If you wanna have a good time just give me a call
Don't stop me now (cause Im havin a good time)
Don't stop me now (yes Im havin a good time)
I don't want to stop at all

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.

With that, billymills, game_freak201, lambasto, shade, THE_IRON_KENYAN, Da Letter El, and askaninjask, or the Space Pirates,

look at that fucking team comp

we smelled victory right out the motherfuck I tell ya

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
We started with 4 artifacts, which guarantees at least a tie for 3rd but forces us to put all our votes on him. We stole artifacts from zorbees and then nachos relatively early (n2/n3 iirc) as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)