Nuzlocke Challenge

The Giovanni battle has ended, but I don't have time to post the story right now, although I expect the chapter I do post to be an example of a post-edit chapter, with semi-forged battles, dialogue, flashbacks, and details about party Pokemon.

I will give no further details until Wednesday.

Edit:

Chapter 6: The Enemy

The store was lined with five floors of goods, many more than any Pokemon center I had ever, seen. Rainbow kept decent pace beside me, having only started to recover from Erika's "test." I had thought back over that very much recently. I had eventually decided that it wasn't exactly that Erika had ever wanted me to defeat the empire, but that she was afraid of any threat to her control over the city. And she saw my popularity as a threat. There was absolutely nothing she could have done to Ivy, and thus she could never beat me outright in battle, and if she just decided to kill me, she would have some serious problems on her hands. So she had to settle with breaking my will, by watching my Pokemon die.

I figured that she wouldn't be the last to try that, so my goal now was clear: I had to make sure that my team was completly untouchable. For now though, I had to wait until Rainbow got better. Ivy was waiting back at the Pokemon center while Ivy and I visited the department store. I was starting to train Ivy to stay in it's Pokeball, as its bulk was getting pretty annoying at times.

I had to give some credit to Rainbow; he was really resiliant. He had been on the brink of death yesterday, and now he was trotting alonside me, gazing at the various items in the store, and just being cute in general. We walked along the various floors, taking the elevator because Rainbow was too weak to actually hike up five flights of stairs. On about floor three, something caught Rainbow's attention. And by caught, I mean stole, and allowed nothing else in, type of caught Rainbow's attention. It was a translucent blue stone, glowing like the ocean off of pallet and sunrise. It was about six inches long, and oddly shaped. It was pretty, but I couldn't see why Rainbow was so transfixed on this one. It didn't even seem to care about the Red, Yellow, and Green stones next to it. I eventually gave in and bought it. I figured it deserved it. It started tugging on me to let it have it, so I eventually handed it down to him.

The room was engulfed in light. Rainbow was glowing, not much of anything, but just an Eevee shaped concentration of energy. I thought back to how I had seen Ivy do this twice before, and relaxed a little bit, although many other customers still stared in fear and amazement. When it was all done, a slightly larger blue Pokemon, looking well adopted to the water stood in Rainbow's place. He started purring softly, as I vaguely remembered something about this Pokemon from Bill's lab. Rainbow had evolved into Vaporeon. Well, I thought, at least this thing will fit in a normal hallway.

We headed back to the Pokemon center shortly after, where Rainbow showed off his new form to Ivy, and I practiced getting Ivy to stay in a Pokeball. It groaned a little about how Rainbow didn't have to, but I pointed out that Rainbow wasn't two meters tall, to which it grudgingly conceded.

The next day, I took Ivy and Rainbow out to do some training before the raid on the game corner. Well, it wasn't really training for Ivy, as it didn't really learn anything from killing everything in sight with a half-hearted attack, but it was some solid training for Rainbow, during which we got to witness several new attacks it had picked up upon Evolution, such as Water Pulse and Dig, and it was quickly killing almost as effectively as Ivy.

I didn't get much sleep that night, but Ivy and Rainbow were too exhausted to stay up after the day's training session. The battle would come tomorrow; I would have to take down an entire division of imperial troops almost single-handedly. Ivy was as powerful was ever, but Rainbow was extremely prideful, and clearly a force to reckon with as well. I remembered how Team Rocket often employed poison to terrify thier enemies, and avoid direct conflicts. Ivy was immune to it, and I was hesitant to employ Rainbow against more opponents trying to poison it, but I knew from past experiences in the tunnels that Ivy was simply too bulky to move quickly. Rainbow would have to do for most battles, although Ivy could really help if I was seriously challenged. I figured I needed as much sleep as I could get, so I finally closed my eyes.

I told my Pokemon the plan the next morning. Ivy wasn't too excited about staying in its Pokeball, but Rainbow was thrilled at the chance to prove itself. We were given one last chance to analyze the map of the hideout, and we were off. Staring down the gates of the game corner, the now deserted buffer between the capitol and those who dared to defy it. Realizing there was not turning back, Rainbow and I walked in, to glory or death, but revenge either way.

There was but a single guard in the game corner, guarding a long path down to the underground. He genuinely looked afraid, terrified of the force that had defeated half of the leader's in Kanto, with only a Hypno in between him and I. I thought about sparing him, giving him a chance to betray, but I thought of all of the other soldiers, and how I would not have time to do anything if I gave them all the choice. I asked Rainbow to finish it quickly with Water Pulse. The actual lair was a blur, one grunt coming up, a Water Pulse blasting him back. I forget exactly how long this lasted, but eventually I reached the center of the Headquarters.

We stared each other down. He was not in a Team Rocket uniform, but I could tell by the look on his face, scrutinizing me in a wicked way, that I was facing someone truly evil. He broke the silence, "So you're the one who's been giving us the all of these troubles, Mount Moon, Cerulean, the uprisings across Kanto." He paused his speech, pacing now, but never letting his guard down. " I should introduce myself. I am Giovanni, the boss of Team Rocket, and a general in the imperial army, only beneath the emporer in the league." He said the last part rather resentfully, but I had no time to process it. I remembered what the look that came across Oak and Bill's faces whenever Giovanni's name was mentioned. The memories didn't exactly give me confidence. "We could fight, but I have a better idea. You have seen how this revolution is working; the leaders who claim to be on your side only see you as a tool. The league has been commiting crimes even I can not tolerate; destroying cruise ships with hundreds of innocent civilians on board, ordering an attack on Cerulean with orders to kill all who resist, the burning of Pallet..." I cringed on the last one, and I realized from how he said these things how fake his speech was. He didn't care. He might have even enjoyed the pain of others." We could ally, take over the empire together, institute a new order. You would easily be my most powerful executive. Or we could fight, wasting both of our energies, and the empire wins, whoever wins this battle, because you are only deluding yourself if you think you can win. Even if you leave the plateau in ruins, they will break you before you fall. You will die, mentally or physically, and you can't stop it. Unless, of course, we ally."

Rainbow hissed, and I gained my initiative back, and challenging him to a battle. He sighed, and then sent out a Rhyhorn. It was then I realized just how cruel he was, leaving a Rock-type in to fight Rhyhorn. I decided to end it's life painlessly, dismantling it with a single water pulse from Rainbow. He smiled wickedly, and sent out an Onix. I was fuming now, furious that anyone could leave in his Pokemon in the face of obvious death. I had come in expecting glory or death, but I had found only the latter: their was no glory in this for either side. Onix's life was ended quickly, torn apart by a Water Pulse. Giovanni was laughing now, enjoying the pain of the environment. He then sent out his last Pokemon, throwing it dismissively, ordering it to it's death without a second thought. It was a Kangaskhan, something that I hadn't seen yet, but I had heard was very powerful. I didn't want to risk Rainbow, so I decided to let Ivy have some action. The battle began with a single exchange of blows. Kangaskhan's bite being shrugged off, and Ivy's Razor Leaf doing minimal damage. I decided to resort to earlier tactics, as there was no honor in this fight anyways. Asleep, Kangaskhan subcombed quickly to Ivy's powerful attacks. Giovanni was staring intently at me now, and he said he would leave one last gift as a peace offering, and began running away down a dark hallway, while Ivy let loose a roar that shook the city above.

Next up is Koga, and a return to sparse chapters without much of a story. I still am looking for a Lost Tower story, so if anyone has any ideas, feel free to PM them to me.

I'm doing a Nuzlocke run on Leafgreen, and so far it's been rather taxing. I'm usually lower leveled in my normal runs. To those who've been successful; does being lower leveled still work? Or do you find it necessary to match their level? Keep in mind I'm doing an item-less run. Feel free to VM me if you want to answer to avoid clogging the thread. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Xaz, I have no idea how much Homework I get tonight (still in high school), but I seriously doubt I will post a story today, as I have to finish the Lost Tower, Fuschia, and most of the Saffron sequences before I can start writing. On the other hand, while Chapter Six will be slightly edited, it is a pretty good example of a post-edit chapter.

Man, Readiamond, your stories are excellent. There have inspired me to do a Nuzlocke run of my own. I may or may not post its progress as I have yet to start.

EDIT: Started Fire Red rom. Started with Bulbasaur (Boomba). It is now lvl 7, haven't got the Pokedex yet.

EDIT2: Reached Cerulean City, just beat Nugget Bridge. Boomba is lvl 23 and Ra-Chan (I like Pokemon Special Manga okay) my Raticate is lvl 20. Ra-chan was obtained on Route 2. Haven't got anything else yet.
Delete this. Smogon doesn't want to be connected to it.

On-topic - After stopping my Firered Nuzlocke because I didn't know how I would beat the E4 with three pokemons I started an Emerald one and I'll try my best to finish this.

EDIT: I just hate that Torkoal May has! I used Focus Energy with Taillow while he Cursed and he hit me with 2 crits and managed to resist with 1 Hp and killed Taillow with Smog. Lombre finished him with Astonish and Mudkip with Absorb (Lombre is Calm and has Rain Dish - best poke on my team till now).

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Starting a FireRed Nuzlocke. Edited parts in bold because I don't want this to be TOO hard.

-If a Pokemon in your party faints, you must box and migrate it. (More of a "hey, I lost that Jolly Meowth, better migrate it")
-Every time you reach a new route, cave, etc., you must catch the very first new Pokemon you see (meaning I don't have to have three Pidgeys), regardless of your current number of party members. The Pokemon may sit within the box for an indeterminate amount of time as a backup. (BAD Ruby experiences... nothing but Zigzagoon O.o)
-If you fail to catch the first Pokemon you see, either via it fleeing, knocking it out, or having no Pokeballs, you may not catch another. Tough shit.
-This means you can not catch a pokemon in a route you were in before you could catch pokemon. So no route 1, you were there before you had pokeballs.
-If a town you go to contains a body of water or a gift, that may be considered a Pokemon of a new area.
-You must nickname your pokemon so there is some sort of attachment. Each pokemon is a best friend to you, to see them die is heartbreaking.
-If your entire party faints, they all must be migrated. If you have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, you may continue, otherwise you must start your game over.
-You may buy 5 PokeBalls from each store. No going back to stores unless there has been a four-badge gap between then and the last time you bought PokeBalls from there.
-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to get a second pokemon from any given area.
-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to use items outside of battle. If you were poisoned on your last turn of the battle, you better hope to god there is a pokemon center nearby.
-Hold items are permitted, however, the Pokemon may never hold a different item.
-You may not switch out before the enemy trainer sends in a new Pokemon.
-You are not allowed to use legendaries in battle. For completion's sake, I will buy a certain amount of balls before bagging a legendary (after beating the Sevii Isles).

Starting with Bulbasaur because there's so goddamn much Poison.

I'm going to be starting a FireRed Nuzlocke Run, using these rules:

The rules of my FireRed Nuzlocke Run:

-If a Pokemon in your party faints, you must put it in the "dead" box, were it will never be used again. (I am using a "dead" box over releasing, as with the dead box, at the end of my playthrough, I can look back at the Pokemon I've lost.)

-Every time you reach a new route, cave, etc., you must catch the very first Pokemon you see, regardless of your current number of party members. The Pokemon may sit within the box for an indeterminate amount of time as a backup.

-If you fail to catch the first Pokemon you see, either via it fleeing, knocking it out, or having no Pokeballs, you may not catch another. Tough shit.

-This means you can not catch a pokemon in a route you were in before you could catch pokemon. So no route 1, you were there before you had pokeballs.

-If a town you go to contains a body of water or a gift, pokemon like Bill’s Eevee in G/S/C/HG/SS, that may be considered a Pokemon of a new area.

-You must nickname your pokemon so there is some sort of attachment. Each pokemon is a best friend to you, to see them die is heartbreaking.

-If your entire party faints, they all must be put in your dead box.. If you have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, you may continue, otherwise you must start your game over.

-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to get a second pokemon from any given area.

-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to use items outside OR INSIDE of battle. That's right, only Pokecenters may heal you.

-You are not allowed to use legendaries in battle.

-You may only purchase a maximum of two pokeballs per Pokemart.

-No running from wild Pokemon battles.

Parts 1-4:

Part One:

"Sweetie, can you come down here?"
I stumbled out of bed, and ran down the stairs. My head throbbing the entire time. What did I do last night?
I looked at the woman who was standing before me.

"And who might you be?" I said.
"I'm your wife. Well, I was. Now get your shit out of my house."
"Wait, what?!"
"Aw, Boota, honey, don't you remember? We met at the Game Cornor, and we got married. Then, you told me that I wasn't giving you enough "lovin" as you so put it,and that you wanted a divorce, which I filed for. So get your shit out of my house."
"HOW THE HELL DID I GET MARRIED AND DIVORCED ALL IN ONE NIGHT?"
"You had one to many vodkas, that's how."
"Wait, this is my house...Why do you get to keep it?"
"The court said it's mine."
"You know, I'm not even going to bother with this. Keep the house, I'll just go back to the Game Cornor."
"Alright, I get to keep your coin case though."
"OH GOD DAMN IT!! I'm just going to leave then."

I left the house. As I made my way towards the grass, this guy named "Oak" jumps out at me.

"IT'S UNSAFE IN DERE. WILD POKEMON LIVE IN THE GRASS."
"Y-...Y-...Yeah, I kind of already knew that. I go into it everyday."
"YOU NEED A POKEMON FOR PROTECTION."
*Picks up stick" "I'm sure I'll be just fine with this."

Well, needless to say this ass wasn't listening. So, he drags me by the collar into his lab. Inside, there was somebody who was roughly half my age. I'm fairly certain that Oak may be retarded, as he forgot the kid, who is apparently his grandson. He asked me what his name was. I took advantage of the moment to tell him his dear ol' grandson was named Dickwad.

"GRAMPS!! I'm fed up with waiting...I want my pokemon." Dickwad shrieked.
"Dickwad, you need to be patient. Let's let Boota pick his pokemon first."
"...How did you know my name?" I questioned.
"HOHOHO!! Now is not the time for questions now pick your 'mon."
"But-"
"DO IT NOW!!"
"Alright, alright."

I approached the first pokeball. It was marked Bulbasaur. Lame. Do not want. I then approach the second pokeball. This one read Squirtle. Yet again, I do not want a Squirtle. Fortunately, there was something I desired in the third one.
"SO, BOOTA, YOU ARE MAKING A CLAIM ON THE CHARMANDER?" Said Oak.
"Why, yes, yes I am. I think I'll nickname this little guy 'FuckYouUp'" I replied

Several moments passed, all of them silent. That was, they were silent, until Dickwad found it appropriate to speak.

"GRAMPS GIVE ME A FUCKING POKEMON"
"Oh, yes, Dickwad, how could I forget about you. Go get your Bulbasaur."
"BUT I WANNA A SQUIRTLE."
"WHY MUST YOU ALWAYS DISAPOINT ME, DICKWAD?!"
"Well, thanks anyway for the Squirtle, Gramps."
"Why don't you care about my emotions? WHY DO YOU ONLY VISIT ME WHEN YOU WANT SOMETHING?"
"Love you Gramps. I'll have the nurse bring you your pills soon."
"WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME?"
"Gramps, how many times do I-"

In the midst of their pointless argument, I attempted to escape. I was nearly successful, but then, a certain little Dickwad asked to battle me.

"Listen, kid, you’re what? Ten? I'm more then twice your age."
"If you don't battle me, I'll tell the cops you touched me in my no-no zone."
"...Jesus fucking Christ there are so many things wrong with what you just said..."
"LET'S BATTLE!!"

And it was thusly that my battle with Dickwad began.
It was easy as shit. Beat that thing in three hits.

"YOU CHEATED." Screeched Dickwad.
"No I didn't, I'm EV'd in speed and attack, you n00b."
"...What?"
"Oh...er...I mean, I just believed in my pokemon. I loved him more than you will ever love your abortion of a pokemon."
"Well, anyway, SMELL YA' LATER!!"

I got the hell out of that lab. Oak was yelling something behind me; I made out the words Hard, Candy, Christmas, and Strap-on. I had no desire to hear what he had to say. I FINALLY got to enter the grass. I was entering the third patch of grass when the following happened.

"Wow, you know what? Even though that town is crazy, I lo-OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S A RATTATA"
"RAT-RAT-RAT-RAT"
"JESUS CHRIST, IT'S GOING TO HYPER BEAM!! FuckYouUp, MAKE HASTE!! USE BLAST BURN."
"The fuck you mean you haven't learned that yet?"
"Alright, just...just...scratch it I guess."

Several scratches and tackles later...

"OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU FuckYouUp!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU JUST BEAT A FUCKING RATTATA, DID YOU SEE THE SHEER DESTRUCTIVE FORCE OF ITS HYPER BEAM?! Good thing you scratched his ass. Now, let's get out of here."

The rest of our stroll was uneventful...But then, we saw it. Viridian City, it was beautiful.

"Alright, let's go get you healed up at that pokecenter. What do you say little buddy?"
"Oh, that's right, you can't speak. Well, let's go get you healed anyway."

Part 2:

"Damn, did you see the rack on that nurse, Buddy? I wouldn't mind her healing my balls if you know what I mean."
"OH FuckYouUp, you dirty dog you. Anyway, we should probably go buy some Pokeballs."

When I entered the pokemart, you can only imagine that I was enthralled to hear the following:

"HEY, MAN!!" The clerk said.
"Yes?"
"You know that Oak guy, right?"
"Yeah...I'd rather have not met him to be quite honest."
"Oh, well, his order of Hard Candy Christmas Strap-Ons came in, can you please deliver it to him?"
"...You know, I...Just...WHY IS EVERYTHING HERE SO SEXUAL AND RETARDED?!"
"Eh, I don't know, maybe our God just gets a kick from that sort of stuff."
"What God may that be?"
"C'thulu."
"...Just give me the package. I'm not even going to explain to you why that makes no sense what-so-ever..."

He handed me the package, filled with Oak's perverted delights.

"Well, I guess we need go back to pallet town, eh FuckYouUp?"
"Look on the brightside; we don't have to go through any of the long grass, due to the large cliffs leading directly into the town. It's almost as if somebody designed it to be the way it is..."

We ran, until we reached Oak's La-

"OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S ANOTHER RATTATA. WE WERE IN THE LAST SPACE OF GRASS FOR CHRIST'S SAKES!!"

"Well, just scratch it."

Several Scratches and Tackles later, we prevail victorious...And FuckYouUp learns Ember.

"Well, let's head into the lab."

"OH HELLO THERE BOOTA!!"
"...Yes, hello. I have your package of...Hard...Candy...Whatever-They-Ares. Just take it from me, I feel dirty touching them."
"Oh, why thank you. Tonight shall be filled with pleasure...Well; it will be once Dickwad comes over."
"Oh, you’re a pedophile as well. Fantastic. Well, I'm just going to leave and never re-"
"GRAMPS!! I almost forgot, what did you want me for?"
"Oh, right, I have a request for you two...Actually, I have multiple requests for you Dickwad, but you'll discover those soon enough. But, let me discuss the matter that is relevant to the both of you...THE POKEDEX!!"
"The what-dex Gramps?"
"THE POKEDEX!! It will automatically record data on encountered or captured pokemon. I need you two to aid me in compiling a Pokemon Encyclopedia of sorts. Also, here, take these 5 pokeballs for the road."
"I'll take them, due to my lack of funds. Just please don't inform me of where they've been." I said.
"Oh well, it's quite simple, you see, I rammed them dow-"
"I DO NOT NEED TO HERE THIS."

Right before I exited the door, I heard Oak's Aids (Not the one's he got from that night in Taiwan, the one's he hired to aid him in the fields of...PokeScience?) say this:

"Man, did you hear?"
"Hear what?"
"That Dickwad kid's sister, you know the one. SHE JUST TURNED EIGHTEEN!!"
"Aw right!!"

While I wasn't interested in having sex with her, I figured I may be able to get her to stop Dickwad from pestering me.

"Oh, I'm sorry hun, but, I can't stop Dickwad. The best I can do is give you this Town Map." Dickwad's sister said.
"Oh, well, thank you anyway." I said.

Me and FuckYouUp made our way out of that hell hole and onto route 1, the route to Viridian. We encountered a wild Pidgey...but, there was something strange that told me not to get this pokemon. It's almost as if my mind said "Hey, make your life a challenge run of sorts."

Regardless of this, me and FuckYouUp eliminated pidgey with no difficulties...But, immediately after we encountered ANOTHER PIDGEY. OH JOY. We were feeling weak...and to make matters worse. We encountered a Rattata. Luckily, that bitch did not survive FuckYouUp's all mighty ember.

We were about to enter Viridian City, when all of the sudden a pokemon jumped out of new where.

"Jesus Christ, please let this be a Rattata."
"YES!!"
"Hey buddy, ember that asshole so we can be on our way."

"YES, YES, YES!! We've made it into Viridian again little Buddy. Now, let's go heal you up."

"DAMN!! I know I said it earlier FuckYouUp...But that nurse has one fine set of breasts. Anyway, we should probably be leaving the area."

We made our walk through the town, but of course, nothing can ever be that simple.

"...So here comes the real zinger FuckYouUp. I say to the waiter 'Bread? I though you said Wa-"
"HEY THERE SONNY!! REMEMBER ME FROM LAST NIGHT?"
"Oh, hello decrepit, elderly, man...Wait...I MET YOU LAST NIGHT?"
"WHY, YES YOU DID. OF COURSE LAST NIGHT I WAS A WOMAN."
"Jesus Christ, what did I do last night? Also, WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYBODY IN THIS WORLD?"
"WELL SONNY-BOY, I DON'T KNOW. NOW WATCH ME CATCH THIS WEEDLE!"
"Why? I mean, how does catching a Weedle relate to anything?"

He wasn't listening, he just threw a pokeball at the Weedle.

"THERE! NOW, TELL ME, THAT WAS EDUC...Ed...Ed...Zzz…"
"Did he just fall asleep in the middle of the road? Well, let's just leave while we can FuckYouUp...I mean, I don't know what it is with this place, but for some reason...everything is just sexual and retarded."
----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, please tell me what you think. I just wrote this without much thought, so, it may not be the best. Also, part three will be up fairly soon for anyone who cares.

Current Pokemon Standings:

FuckYouUp-Charizard-Level 8-Brave Nature-Blaze Ability (His only one.)

Update with the next parts of my run

Part 3:

"FuckYouUp, we're finally moving onto route two, can you believe it?"
"My sentiments exactly. You know, I always wondered what would happen if I w-OH MY GOD IT'S A RATTAT!!"
"No!! Don't ember this one, scratch him he will be your new team mate!!"
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!! You've gone and killed him...I hope your proud of yourself. Meh, let's check out the Viridian Forest. Maybe you'll get a partner amongst the trees."

I walk into the forest, with FuckYouUp by my side. It was surprisingly quiet within...but then I noticed the boy that was standing their.

"Shh...Let's try to sneak by unnotic-"
"MY FRIENDS ARE LOOKING FOR SOME BATTLES."
"God damn it...WHY IS IT THAT EVERYBODY FEELS COMPELLED TO SPEAK WITH US? *Sigh* Oh well, let's just check out the long grass, FuckYouUp."

We wonder aimlessly through the grass for quite awhile. Then we encounter what I have always searched for in life.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD!! IT'S A WEEDLE. YOU BETTER CATCH THAT BITCH FuckYouUp, IT HAS A FUCKING HORRN ON IT'S HEAD. WE NEED IT!!"
*Scratch.* *Scratch* *Throw PokeBall*
"YESSSS! I think I'll call you...'Penis.' Get it FuckYouUp? See, in his current state he's 'horny.'"
"Well, what do you propose naming him then?"
"Oh, your right, it's a female. How about we call her...'Bitch?'"
"No, I do not just purposely mock my pokemon. That's an excellent name for the Weedle. Now, come with us Bitch."

*Runs to Pokemon center to heal up Bitch and FuckYouUp*

"I'm sorry FuckYouUp, I love you more then you know, but, Bitch is going to have to take you spot at the front of the party, she needs the experiance, now, what say Bitch, you, and I go explore the rest of the forest?"

"HEY!! YOU HAVE POKEMON!! LET'S BATTLE"
"Kid, I'd rather not rig-"
"YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOICE."
"The hell is wrong with y-"
"GO WEEDLE!!"
"GOD DAMN IT ALL!! *Sigh* GO BITCH!"

And it was thusly that my Bitch began to spam Poison Sting for turns on end...But then...It happened.

"WEEDLE USE POISON STING"
"Bitch, just poison sting this gu-HOW THE FUCK DID THAT KILL HER?"
"Hehehe, Critical hit."
"...I hope your proud of yourself. You just stole the life of a young, innocent, Weedle. She had done nothing wrong, yet you found it necessary to exterminate her...Now, it is your time to pay. GO FuckYouUp!!"
*Ember*
*Ember*
"NO!! HOW COULD I HAVE LOST!!"
"I hope you rot in hell for what you have done."
Before proceeding, we buried Bitch adjacent to a tree in the forest. We built a memorial to her, and would remain there for sometime.

"How could I let this happen FuckYouUp."
"No, you're wrong. It was my fault. I could have prevented it..."
*Drying face* "I suppose your right, come, follow me. We need to keep moving."
*Leaning by memorial site*
"I...will...not...forget....about...you."

Despite our loss, we continued through the forest.

"YO, let's battle."
"This isn't really the greatest of times for th-"
"B-B-B-B-B-BATTLE TIME."
"No, I am not goin-"
"I know, the loser has to wear woman's lingerie."
"I'm too depressed to even be snarky towards you...Just send out the pokemon."
*Ember*
*Ember
*Ember*
"Huh? SO I'M THE ONE WHO HAS TO WEAR THE LINGERIE?"
"Just fuck off kid."

"God, it seems like the-"
"I MAY BE LITTLE BUT I SURE KNOW HOW TO BATTLE."
"Do you not understand the concept of mourning?"
"Let's battle."
"*Sigh*"
*Ember*
*Ember*
"OH BOO!! I SIMPLY CAN'T WIN."

"I'm telling you, buddy, the next trainer I encounter will be castrated as they slumber."
"DID YOU KNOW THAT POKEMON EVOLVE?"
"LEAVE ME ALONE"
"BATTLE!!"
*Ember*
*Ember*
*Ember*
"OH FOOEY!! I LOST"

"Do you honestly believe there will be ANOTHER battler on this route, buddy?"
"HEY WAIT UP!! LET'S BATTLE!!"
"My God..."
*Ember*
"I GIVE UP!!"

"Let's get the hell out of here, FuckYouUp."

We wander on for a bit, before entering Pewter City.

Part 4:

"You know, I still am filled with sorrow over the loss of bitch, but...something about that nurse's rack makes me slightly less depressed. You know what I mean, FuckYouUp?"
"I knew you would."

We wander about for a bit before stumbling upon the gym. We stood in awe at the site before us.

"Well, I suppose we should enter."
"STOP RIGHT THERE, KID!!"
"Would you happen to be the leader of this establishment?"
"NO!! YOU"RE STILL TEN THOUSAND LIGHT-YEARS AWAY FROM FACING HIM, KID."
"Alright, for starters, don't call me kid, I'm twice your age. And another thing, Light-Years is a measurement of-"
"GO GEODUDE!!"
"FuckYouUp, just show this guy how we deal with his kind."
*Metal Claws*
*Metal Claws*
"I STILL HAVE FAITH!! GO, SANDSHREW!!"
*Spams Metal Claw and Ember*
"DARN!!"

"Woah, that was actually a pretty tough battle, let's go heal you up. Alright?"
*Runs to PokeCenter*

"Alright...Here we go, FuckYouUp. ARE YOU READY TO GET YOUR FIRST GYM BADGE??!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTAAAAA JENKINS!!"
"So, you're here. I'm Brock, I'm Pewter's Gym Leader. I'm also the only black gym leader in the country, so you better be racially accepting of me."
"...O-...O-...Okay. Can we just, you know, battle?"
"GO GEODUDE!!"
"FuckYouUp, use your spam Metal Claw ability!!"
"GO ONIX!!"
"*Snickers* It...It...IT'S A GIANT PENIS!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Just...Just...Spam Metal Claw."(Out of Character: I survive this Gym Battle with only one HP left, just so you know.)
"I LOST!! As proof of your victory over the blacks, take this rock-hard badge."
"Oh...uh, thanks."'
"Here! Take this two."
"What are you shoving in my backpack?"
"It's a Rocktomb TM"
"Oh, why thank you...I'll...I'll...Cherish it forever."

*Runs out of gym*
"HAHAHA, Oh my God...That guy sucked so much cock it wasn't even funny. TWO POKEMON!! HAHAHA And one of them was a giant penis. It's...It's...Just so funny."
"Hehehe, and he looks like one too."
"HAHAHA!! Stop...Stop...it's...too funny FuckYouUp. Alright, now that that is out of our system, let's heal you up and 'asplore the new route!!"

"Can you believe that nurse's name was Nancy, FuckYouUp? More like Can-cy if you ask me. Damn, she had one fine can."
"What was that? Oh, yes, the new route. Let's go get you a companion. I wonder what kind of thin-"
"OH BOOTA!!"
"...Who the hell are you?"
"I'M ONE OF OAKS AIDES! HERE, TAKE THESE RUNNING SHOES."
"I require shoes to run?"
"YES YOU DO!!"
"As in, without these shoes, I would lack the ability to run?"
"Yuppers!!"
"My God that is retarded, well, thanks anyway, you can leave and never return now."
"ALRIGHTY!! OAK SAYS THAT HE LOVES YOU ETERNALLY."
*Aide runs off.*

"Thank God that freak is away. Now let's get a good look at this new rou-HOLY FUCK IT'S FILLED WITH TRAINERS!! This. Will. Be. Hell."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I hope you enjoyed it. More updates shall be coming soon.

Current Pokemon Standings:

FuckYouUp-Charmander-Level 15-Blaze Ability (His only one)

Our dearly departed:

Bitch-Weedle-Level 5-Sheild Dust Ability

"We lost you in the forest of your coming. We shall never forget ye, O mighty Bitch

I actually had a story, but it deleted when I was about halfway through, and I don't have time to rewrite it now. It will be posted tomorrow, but for now, here are a few things to expect; one new badge is obtained, my rival falls twice, Giovanni gets crushed once again, another gym is cleared, but just for fun, I pick up four new Pokemon, and two die. That's right two die. Who are they? Ivy? Rainbow? Newcomers? Find out tomorrow...

On a more long-term basis, I am currently predicting three more chapters (not including tomorrow's) and an epilogue, ending the challenge on Monday. I expect to be done with the power-edit by January first.

As to the uncertainty about the next chapter, I want to hear what people think about "the incedent" referenced by Bill, supposed to have a connection with Cerulean cave and Team Rocket... I bet you can guess what I'm alluding too. I was still wondering if anyone had any good ideas, as a lot of the Team Rocket suggestions have been included in either this chapter, the previous chapter, or at some point during the future, as I honestly hadn't thought of them.

Oh, and is it just me, or are we getting a lot more people starting this challenge recently?

Edit: @Boota212... wow.... That was really messed up and really, really funny at the same time... Just wow...

Time for update #11 of Flamestrike's Nuzlocke challenge! Decided to stop story-like entries except for important battles (Gyms/E4/etc) because they're getting way too tl;dr and it doesn't seem like anyone cares for them anyway (plus this way it's much easier to sit down and update).
Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6
Update #7
Update #8
Update #9
Update #10

So yeah, march up to the top of the Bell (should be Tin like in the originals, but whatever) Tower, repels keeping the Pokemon away, and toss my Master Ball at Ho-oh, not wanting to risk a death. Named it Austin after my brother. Then headed to Kanto, beat up on the trainers and avoided more battles, made it to Indigo Plateau, and started training.

Then I got greedy and disaster struck.

I wanted to maximize the amount of time I could spend training between Pokecenter visits, so rather than one-shotting Donphan, Graveler, Rhyhorn and Onix with Surf while training Kyle, I decided instead to use the much weaker Signal Beam until I ran out of PP for it. Got into a fight with a Donphan, with Kyle still at relatively high health, used Signal Beam, and unlike the 2HKO I was usually getting, it was looking like a 3HKO. No problem, I thought, as I got hit down to about 2/3s of my health. I knew the only thing that could kill me was a crit or a Magnitude 10, so rather than play it safe and finish it with Surf, I went for Signal Beam instead.

The fucker got Magnitude 10.

Kyle, my beloved Laturn, my only water and electric type on the team, and my answer to Gyarados, was down and out. I revenged it with Matty, but the damage was done. I thought about who I could use to replace Kyle, and finally decided to catch a Gastly, taking advantage of the fact that I could still use both Bell Tower and Sprout Tower, since I hadn't seen a Pokemon at Bell Tower (Ho-oh is technically in a different area, it didn't matter anyway as you'll see in a bit) or Sprout Tower yet (gogo Repels :D). Went to Bell Tower first, only to have Gastly kill itself with Curse -_-. So, caught a level 3 Gastly at Sprout Tower (Petula) and began the long grind to get it on par with the rest of the team (not to mention to get it a Thunderbolt TM, fuck Voltorb Flip).

Alive:
Matty the male Togekiss: Level 50, Quiet nature
-Roost
-Fire Blast
-Aura Sphere
-Air Slash
After such a long span without a death, the team was rocked by Kyle's sudden loss. Matty was no exception, but he held true to his role as the leader and tried to keep strong for the sake of the team. I'm sure he was thankful for Petula's humorous attitude, which helped raise the team's spirits, if only slightly.

Jill the female Golem: Level 48, Rash nature
-Earthquake
-Rock Throw
-Double-Edge
-Rock Smash
Shaken badly by Kyle's death, Jill most of all was glad to have Petula join the party, who's jokes and wisecracks remind her a lot of Andrew. Although she is already quite powerful, she still wants to get even stronger, as she wants the deaths to stop.

Tyler the male Alakazam: Level 49, Bashful nature
-Recover
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
Tyler wasn't affected quite as much by Kyle's death as the others, but it could simply be his attempt to remain strong for the sake of his teammates. Either way, like the others he's continuing his training in hopes of avenging not only Kyle but the rest of those that have died as well.

Houston the male Machamp: Level 48, Relaxed nature
-Payback
-Strength
-Cross Chop
-Earthquake
Usually relaxed and laid-back, Houston has become quite agitated after Kyle's death, breaking rocks and being cold to the other Pokemon. However, Petula has brought him back to his usual self somewhat, though it's hard to tell whether he's truly recovering or if it's just an act.

Anthony the male Mamoswine: Level 50, Jolly nature
-Ice Fang
-Ice Shard
-Endure
-Earthquake
Kyle's death brought a sudden change in Anthony's attitude, as he realized that he's part of a team and not a one-man show. Although he hasn't been affected much by Kyle's death, he's been much quieter and has tried to be supportive. The other Pokemon are still a bit wary of him, but they do realize he's only trying to help and have accepted him into the team.

Petula the female Gengar: Level 28, Rash Nature
-Hypnosis
-Confuse Ray
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
Petula came into the team as a free-spirited, often mischevious Pokemon, playing pranks, cracking jokes, and being a troublemaker in general. However, she quickly realized what the group had been through, and now directs her efforts towards filling the gap left by Kyle and lightening the mood as much as she can. Though she's far behind the rest of the team in strength right now, it's only a matter of time before she catches up and when she does she'll be a powerhouse for the team.

Boxed:
Catherine the female Caterpie: Level 4, Lax nature
Laura the female Spearow: Level 3, Sassy nature
Kaila the female Drowzee: Level 10, Modest nature
Zach the male Nidoran: Level 12, Lax nature
Justin the male Kakuna: Level 13, Careful nature
Eric the male Sudowoodo: Level 20, Lax nature
Dylan the male Mankey: Level 15, Docile nature
Natasha the female Flaffy: Level 16, Mild nature
Jenn the female Rattata: Level 15, Bashful nature
Jillian the genderless Magnemite: Level 16, Jolly nature
Kayla the female Gyarados: Level 21, Jolly nature
Luke the male Tentacool: Level 20, Modest nature
Bill the male Weepinbell: Level 22, Modest nature
Colleen the female Gligar: Level 24, Calm nature
Ron the male Dratini: Level 15, ? nature

Dead:
Corey the male Cyndaquil: Level 13, Mild nature
-Quick Attack
-Leer
-Smokescreen
-Ember
Though shy, Corey was brave and always willing to stand up for his friends. He was my first Pokemon and I had hoped to have him along for the entire challenge. Unfortunately, Falkner ended those hopes with a critical hit Tackle from Pidgeotto that took me by surprise and ended my starter's life. RIP

Nick the male Rattata: Level 12, Mild nature
-Rock Smash
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Bite
Nick was the troublemaker of the group, but he was always ready to fight for his friends and was really close to Corey. After Corey's death I figured Nick was my best bet to finish off Falkner's Pidgeotto, but Roost gave it just enough time to kill Nick. RIP

Andrew the male Zubat: Level 20, Careful nature
-Wing Attack
-Supersonic
-Astonish
-Bite
Andrew was the oddball of the group, and sometimes got on everyone's nerves, especially Melinda, who disliked him. However, the rest of the team liked him, and he became close friends with Jill. Sadly, he was a victim of my overconfidence, and was beaten by a Kadabra's Confusion before he had the chance to do anything. RIP

Melinda the female Weepinbell: Level 21, Lax nature
-Vine Whip
-Sleep Powder
-Cut
-Poison Powder
After the deaths of Corey and Nick, Melinda quickly became a key member of my team. While a great friend, she was rather uptight, and as a result she didn't get along with Andrew. However, after Andrew's death she was wracked with guilt, and determined to be friendly to any and every new member that joined. Unfortunately, she didn't live long enough to see a new member, as a Bite crit, Sleep Powder miss, and Ice Fang all combined to bring her down. RIP.

Sara the female Pidgeotto: Level 22, Relaxed nature
-Whirlwind
-Twister
-Gust
-Quick Attack
My team leader after Corey's early death, Sara was easy to anger but a great friend nonetheless. She bonded well with everyone on the team, and was saddened by every loss. However, not long after Melinda's death, she fought a Charmeleon and after missing multiple Quick Attacks due to Smokescreen a Dragon Rage killed her. RIP.

Kyle the male Chinchou: Level 48, Hasty nature
-Surf
-Blizzard
-Discharge
-Signal Beam
Kyle was a key member of the group from day 1; his combination of types plus the ability to learn Blizzard made him invaluable. The team also loved him and his carefree, friendly attitude. He certainly didn't deserve the death he got; I got greedy and was using Signal Beam to kill a Donphan when I should have played it safe and killed it with Surf, and Kyle was killed by a lucky Magnitude 10. RIP.
Just think, that would have been 2 if not 3 updates right there in the story-style! I probably won't update again till I've beaten the E4, do another update like this for the first 4 battles then a story for Lance.

Chapter Seven: The Cause

Part One

I watched him run down the dark passageway, until a door slammed shut behind him. I figured it would be a waste of time to chase Boss Rocket, and I was about to go back to the surface, when something caught my eye. It was the "gift" Giovanni had mentioned. It was a small mechanical device, with a few lenses and bulbs softly glowing. It looked to small to be a bomb, and I honestly thought Giovanni was somewhat serious about his plans, and thus couldn't afford to blow me up, so I decided to keep it.

The celebration on the surface was huge; a massive festival to celebrate how a new trainer had just defeated Boss Rocket. I noticed Erika in the crowd, silently glaring at me. I didn't have to return the glare; Rainbow did it a million times better than I ever could. I realized after a while that I still had some unfinished buisiness in Lavender Town, and thus had to depart the next morning.

There was no resistance on the way to Lavendar Town; nobody was foolish enough to challenge me anymore, and there wasn't a loyal city in miles. It was astonishing what could change in three weeks. I thought about this until we entered Lavendar Town, at which point I headed towards Lost Tower.

There was a huge crowd in the first floor of the tower, mourning those lost. It was a far larger crowd than I had ever expected could gather in normal circumstances, but than again, these weren't normal times. A few faces in the crowd glared at me with intense hatred, a few in admiration, and a few just couldn't hold eye contact. I thought of how much death and destruction I had seen recently, and if it wasn't for the crowd around me, I would have broken down completly. I was supposed to stand for something now. Still, the list was far too long; Oak, Pallet Town, the S.S. Anne, Dawn, those lost in the crackdown on Cerulean, the losses suffered when the leader's rebelled against the empire, all of the Pokemon I had killed, and my... I stopped there. I hadn't yet come to terms with that one, not in the weeks after Oak's aide had told me. I might never get over it.

Eventually I broke out of my trance, and decided to seek out Mr. Fuji in the tower. Of course, my life is never that easy. At least, it's never been recently. Gary Oak descended the steps, and when he saw me, a look of murderous hatred flew over his face. He stared at me intense hatred building. And then he started shouting, right in the middle of the crowd. He blamed me for the war, for the crackdowns, accused me of the murder of thousands of innocent people in the middle of the crowd. He sent out a Pidgeotto, and I could tell what he intended. He wanted me dead. Just like so many others. Rainbow growled at my side, arching its back and hissing. I don't remember much after that. I tried to keep his Pokemon alive, and he couldn't touch mine. Ivy and Rainbow together could take on almost anything, forming an almost unstoppable duo. When the battle ended, I ran up the steps, never looking back.

The second floor was covered in deep fog. I heard the wails of some of those who wanted to escape the crowds. Some of them were screaming my name, and not in a good way. But the creepiest part was the mist. All around the edge, clouds broke off, forming the shapes of people and Pokemon, and they were moving towards me, slowly, methodically, and muderously. I might have fainted there, but Giovanni's strange device started glowing, and the spirits dissolved, or formed more tangeble shapes. The Pokemon all fell to Rainbow's bite, along with the Pokemon of the mourners who tried to oppose me. I kept going, knowing that if I ever slowed down, I might not be able to go on.

At long last, I reached the last floor. Mister Fuji was there, but I only really saw him for a second, much more concerned about those standing near him. Team Rocket was here. My eyes narrowed, and I started fuming in uncontrollable rage. I thought about Pallet Town, Cerulean, the S.S. Anne, and every other story I had ever heard about them. Not a single one of them would leave this tower alive.

Part Two
Mr. Fuji had waited for a long time to get me calmed down, and after I was done killing just about every wild Pokemon in ten miles in fury, he finally talked to me. He told me what he knew; only a single loyal leader remained in charge of there city. The other six had all rebelled. Most of the loyal forces had ammased near Fuschia city, the last imperial stronghold in Kanto, excluding the Plateau. I now knew my target, and I set off towards it, not seeing a point in wasting time.

There wasn't much resistance on the first part of the path, a few angry fishermen, tired of the crowds at the tower scaring away thier fish, but Ivy shrugged them off. It turned out, that the biggest obstacle, literally and figuratively, was not held by a trainer. It was a huge Pokemon, sprawled out on the road, but it appeared to be stirring, I briefly considered running, but by this time it was up, and it was mad. Ivy jumped out of his Pokeball ready to protect me. And then the battle began.

It was a huge powerhouse in battle, dealing huge damage, and then resting off everything Ivy could do to it. I knew I wanted this guy on my team. After about an hour of fighting, involving both sides being asleep more often than not, I was finally ready to catch it, and threw a single Great Ball I had found somewhere. It soared in a great arc, thrashing violently once the opponent was in the ball, and evenually clicked and was still. I had vaguely remembered seeing a picture of this Pokemon, a Snorlax. It had blocked all of Ivy's attacks, and my path, with ease, so I named it Blocker.

I led with it on the way down towards Fuschia, suprised at the suprising amount of resistance. I had no idea that this many people chose to be loyal to an oppressive government. I almost felt bad when I killed thier Pokemon, but I got over it quickly. If the war ended quickly, so much could be stopped. I had found the answers for Gary, and my cause as well, in that tower. However many died in the war, something greater might come of it. Anyone alive now was truly dead, restricted in thier lives, restricted in ties with their Pokemon, fearful of the potential power that the empire could muster against them. The entire region was dead. This could be a rebirth.

The actual city itself was a nightmare, a powerful foretress loaded with fanatic fighters. I eventually pushed all the way to the gym, but decided to play the defensive for a while, and came into the Pokemon center, effectively cutting off the armies outside from the healing they needed. It seemed like a good idea. Until the doors all locked, with me inside.

I whirled around, and found the nurse looking fairly concerned. I brielfly pondered whether or not to use force here, but she started walking over, and told me she would heal my pokemon; I would need it for the fight tomorrow. Apparently, this guy made Erika look like nothing. He was more powerful than everyone in the region, except for perhaps Blaine and Sabrina, and the Pokemon league. Heck, this guy had been a membe of the league once upon a time. And besides being very powerful, he attacked inderectly, strategically; evasion, poison, smokescreens, and the like. I thought back to Ivy almost being killed by a very weak Clefairy using tactics like this, and I started shivering.

Before I knew it, dawn had come, and it was time for the gym battle. I snuck out of the center, and somehow got into the gym without being caught. There was nobody there. I looked around, wondering if I had missed something, and then cruel laughter rang out. It was so direct, but it came from everywhere, causing me to frantically whirl around looking for the source. He fell from the roof landing on his feet, and introduced himself as Koga, gym leader, and former Elite Four member. And with that, he made a quick motion, and a Koffing flew out of a Pokeball I hadn't seen. I remembered his emphasis on strategy, and figured that I could teach him a thing or two with Ivy. Between sleep and leech seed, Koffing never did much. He smiled cruelly, and in a flash of light, a Muk came out. I left Ivy in, confident, but a little shaken by the obvious power of the enemy. It all went well, right up until he started minimizing. I could never land a hit, and it kept wearing down Ivy until it was all but dead. Thankfully, right as thing were looking ugly, Cut managed to strike Muk down. If I won this war, I swore I would make an evasion law. Koga laughed quietly, noticing how weak Ivy was from the last exchange. I knew that it would almost certainly be killed by the next Koffing, and I decided to send in Blocker, despite the fact that it was obviously overpowered. I tried putting Koffing to sleep, while Koffing went for a direct attack. Koffing would get another shot to attack before it fell asleep, and I knew that Blocker couldn't survive it. I didn't think that Rainbow would take it to well, and Ivy would probably be killed too. Something was going to die. And I would have to choose.

Part Three
Faced with the reality of the situation, I was going to switch to Rainbow, giving my team a chance of no casualties, but Blocker had other ideas, getting up and charging the opposing Koffing. When it hit the ground, it drifted off into its final rest.

Furious now, I sent in Rainbow to finish off Koffing while it slept, a fate I believed to be far too good for it. I was suprised at how much power Rainbow had, as Koffing fell to a single shot. If only I had done that earlier. His next Pokemon was a Weezing, and I knew that Rainbow was my only option. It all ended here. If Rainbow won, there would be no more loyal Kanto leaders, and the empire would eventually fall. If Weezing fell, I would be easily crushed, and the rebellion would die as well. We both glared at each other, realizing the gravity of the situation. I ordered a water pulse... and Weezing survived. Koga smiled wickedly, ordering his Weezing to finish things, but it didn't seem to have it's bearings straight yet, and attacked itself. Rainbow didn't waste the opportunity, and at long last, Fuschia fell.

I spent a long time trying to decide whether to try again. Every time I picked up another Pokemon, it always died quickly. It had almost happened to Rainbow, and it had happened now. Twice. I had been told that another rebel coordinator was in the Safari Zone, so I got around to taking the challenge a few days after my gym battle. It was a wide, open space, with a few ridges and lakes breaking things up. Of course, you were only allowed to catch the first thing you saw. For me, it was a Doduo, which I eventually decided to capture anyways, naming it Racer after its speed when it tried to get away. At the center of the Safari Zone, I met an older man, the game warden, who apparantly was the leader of a small rebel faction in Fuschia. He gave me a HM that he claimed taught Surf, a move to help cross waters. Rainbow had a strange attraction to this disk, so I decided to teach it surf. The warden told me of a secret at the heart of this war, guarded by Blaine on Cinnabar Island. I promised him I would head that way eventually, and left Fuschia, heading towards a meeting with the Saffron leader, Sabrina. I hoped that this would go slightly better than the last two leaders.

Part Four
On the way, I decided to train Racer, in an attempt to get it to the power of the rest of my team. We encountered a wild Doduo at one point, obviously weaker than Racer, and I decided to battle. It barely survived a tri attack from Doduo, and fired it's own right back. Strait toward's Racers neck. With one more burial in Fuschia, I decided that Rainbow and Ivy were all I needed, beyond that, I was just being weighed down.

When I got into Saffron, I noticed one thing: Team Rocket was everywhere, in what must be the results of a crackdown. I battled my way through the streets, eventually reaching the center of thier occupation: Silph Co. I fought my way up that building too, never slowed down, Rainbow, and periodically Ivy, killing everything with a single hit. It went on like this until we reached the top where, suprise, suprise, Gary Oak was watiting, with a new Team Rocket insignia. He was crushed very, very quickly, and very, very hard.

After the fight, a Silph Co. employee asked me to take a Lapras from him. I thought back to the last few Pokemon I had gotten, and decided to keep it, but send it off to Bill to help him with the defense of Cerulean. I figured it would love the water there. After another grunt, Boss Rocket himself waited, eager for a rematch. Once again, I was shocked with how carelessly he handled his Pokemon, and once again I sent him packing.

The president approached me afterwards, and gave me an item. He said that it was a Pokeball, claimed to be able to catch anything. No one knew it existed outside of the presiden't inner circle. But somehow, Giovanni had come up with knowledge of its existence, and wanted it for some strange purpose. I thought back to what the warden had said about the mystery at the heart of the war, and figured that he might be right about a few things. I was told there was a dojo nearby, and decided to train there, just in case things got ugly with Sabrina. Ivy crushed everything in the place, and Rainbow disgraced the dojo master, to the point where he gave me a Hitmonchan, just if I kept quiet about things. I sent that off to Bill as well.

Alive:

Ivy (Venusaur) Lv. 45
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Vine Whip
-Cut
Rainbow (Vaporeon) Lv. 45
-Aurora Beam
-Surf
-Bite
-Dig

Day Care:
Icy (Lapras), Lv. 25 upon entry

Boxed: Aero (Hitmonchan) Lv. 25

Dead:
Dawn (Rattata) Lv. 5
Blocker (Snorlax) Lv. 31
Racer (Doduo) Lv. 27

Next up, Sabrina

Edit:
Chapter Eight: The Ashes

I looked up from the maps and charts in the center of the room. Sabrina and I had been strategizing for the impending assault for the entire afternoon. I was board, and I had a question on my mind. I decided to ask her about the incident, the mystery at the center of this war. Her eyes began to flare with a strange, supernatural energy, and the charts began to russle. In a creepy voice that was far different from her's, she began speaking about how I must not know the terrible past. Just when I had about managed to get out of the gym, she rose her hand, and the door slammed shut behind me. That was when she sent out Kadabra.

I know that this may be a little much, but might it be reasonable if, for once, my allies didn't A) die, or B) try to kill me?

Anyways, I didn't even think before sending out Rainbow, as Ivy hated Psychic attacks. Kadabra managed to cast a beam of light that seemed to cross the fabric of time itself... and did absolutely nothing. Rainbow knocked it out with a single bite. Sabrina, still possessed, sent out a Mr. Mime. It survived a bite, but was still cringing while Rainbow prepared the final blow. Next, Sabrina sent out a Venomoth. I was well aware that Sabrina hadn't shown her favorite Pokemon, Alakazam, yet, and I needed Rainbow healthy when it was unleashed. Ivy would have to face Venemoth.

I would say it was hard, but Venomoth was asleep, and Ivy shrugged off the occasional Psybeam, even when they hit Ivy's weak points. Alakazam came last, and Rainbow came back into play. Rainbow lunged towards Alakazam to attack, but was blasted back by a powerful Psychic blast. Rainbow was hurt, but I saw that the attack had cost Alakazam a lot of energy as well. Rainbow charged one last time... right into another attack. While he skidded across the floor, and Alakazam let it's guard down, he jumped up last time, and took Alakazam down with a bite.

Sabrina came back to her senses, and gave me a Marsh badge for my troubles. She also told me a single cryptic line, "truth lies in the ashes," before departing. I thought of all of the ashes in the Kanto region, and eventually I came to terms with the painful reality: I was going back to Pallet Town, to discover the apparent truth behind the rebellions.

I decided to go back underground through Diglett's cave; a long, natural route under the Kanto region, that took me directly to Viridian city, which I avoided due to the continuing garrisons of imperial troops in the city.

The fires still raged on in Pallet. I looked over at the remains of my house, and only a few boards, and a pile of ashes, most of which had been scattered by the winds, blanketing the entire nearby area in white. Ivy trotted over to Oak's lab, his home until a few weeks ago, and I eventually tore myself away and followed him. Suprisingly, a single room remained standing in the complex, but only because it was underground. It had thick, metal walls, and a sturdy roof. There was only a file cabinet, and I figured that was where I had to start to find the truth in the ashes. There was only a single letter, from Bill of all people. It explained that all records had been moved to lab, which had promptly been destroyed to, "hide the evidence of these past few months." It vaguely mentioned Cinnabar as well, so I knew where I had to go next. Once again, my stay in Pallet was short.

For those of you wondering how I can ride for many miles on a Vaporeon, the truth is, I can't. The move works exactly as it sounds, a rider on a surfboard, and the user in front, manipulating the currents surrounding the board. It was honestly pretty sweet, and I actually enjoyed the day for once, arriving in Cinnabar as the sun set, and spending the night in the Pokemon center. It didn't take long to find the destroyed lab; there was a gigantic burned structure that made up most of the northern portion of the island. The leader was out anyways, so I might as well make use of my time.

A few Pokemon lived in the ruins, but not many. I made it through the lab with relative ease, although a puzzle consisting of locked doors and switches did slow progress a bit. I eventually arrived in the basement, and a massive stack of papers in what must have once been a library, and prepared to find out the truth.

Ten years ago, the empire had selected Proffesor Oak to lead a large project, with the goal of creating the ultimate Pokemon for the empire to use. Oak hadn't been disillusioned yet, and willingly agreed, undertaking the project with the help of his senior aide, Giovanni, and his youngest aide, Bill. Good progress had been made in the beginning, with a powerful young Pokemon created, but under sedation at all times until a means of controlling it had been established. Giovanni got greedy, and realized the power this Pokemon could bring him, perhaps giving him a way to control the world. He tried bringing it out of sedation, and it had gone on a rampage, destroying everything in its path. Giovanni eventually befriended it, and decided to take over the world. Oak and Bill, seeking to bring the new Pokemon under control had allied with the three guardian birds of Kanto, and used thier power, manifested in seven badges, to defeat the new Pokemon, and banish it to the depths of Cerulean cave. Oak and Bill were granted high status in the empire, while Giovanni was forced to ally with the empire, and use his own army as an extension of imperial will. The seven badges were distributed to the regional leaders.

All seemed to go well for a while, but then imperial leaders had heard about a new threat attempting to undermine thier control, and had begun to tighten thier grip on the region, allienating a small group of leaders and others who allied with the new threat, which was never mentioned in detail, and plotted to overthrow the empire...

I pondered all of that for a long time, walking along the beaches. Whenever I crossed the new lab, I got the uneasy feeling that man couldn't learn from it's mistakes. And that was how we came up with empires.

To be continued...

Next up, Blaine.

Alright guys, LeafGreen Nuzlocke run. There's gonna be a story along with it, but I'll HIDE it for people who don't want to scroll down through the tl;dr. (hint hint, Boota212). I'm already on the S.S. Anne in my actual game, so the rest I'll be recalling my best from memory. Luckily I haven't lost any team members yet, so there isn't too much from outside the story of the game to remember.

Da Rules
-Pokemon who faint are dead and must be deposited in the "Graveyard" box, never to be used again.
-Only the first pokemon encountered in each new area may be caught. If the player fails to catch it for any reason, too bad. No pokemon for you.
-All pokemon must be nicknamed.
-Catching pokemon on Route 1 is allowed (it won't be in later run-throughs. I didn't realize the standard seems to be Route 1 is off-limits)

About the Story
-There will be foul language. Don't read it if that bothers you.
-Pokemon talk in this, like most original Nuzlocke stories. Don't read it if that bothers you.
-I'm not going to describe every single little detail, so don't get upset if you notice I skipped a mandatory trainer battle or something. I did it in the game, I'm just not writing it down.
-You'll notice I name all of my pokemon after authors I've read. I don't have to be a fan of them for them to qualify, and they don't have to be an author by trade (examples: Yahtzee, who's usually a game reviewer but wrote a novel; Voltaire, who's more commonly identified as a philosopher and historian; etc.) As long they've written something and I've read one of those somethings, I can name a pokemon after them. So no "OMG SOCRATES WAS A PHILOSOPHER NOT A NOVELIST YOU NOOOOOOB"
-The main focus of this story is comedy. Yes, there will be blood. Party members will die and their deaths will cause drama in the story. But the overall feel of the story is going to be light-hearted and funny. It will not be another "supr srs bznss" story. There are already plenty of angsty stories in this thread, if that's what you're looking for, go read those.

My head was throbbing as my vision started to come back to me. I wasn't about to venture any guesses at where I was, nor how I'd gotten here, nor why I was laying on my stomach in what appeared to be a forest, nor- SHIT.

My hand snapped up to my head and had a quick feel around. I breathed a sigh of relief. My signature black fedora was still sitting on my head. Crisis averted. I rolled over onto my back and sat up, and effort that was immediately greeted with pain in places I still didn't know the names for. I scooted backwards and sat up against a tree. As I confusedly looked over my arms and legs, a single thought occured to me: "Damn. This is a nice suit."

Before I could think too much about where it had come from, considering I didn't own a tie, let alone a snazzy black-and-white three-piece, I heard a voice accompanying footsteps in the grass, headed toward me.

"Mysterious man
Came crashing down from the sky
What business has he?"

I finished counting the syllables on my fingers. "A haiku?" I looked up, and a tall man with short, greying hair sporting a lab coat was looking down at me.

"I see you have a knack for poetry," he said, smiling. "My name is OAK. Nice to meet you."

I wasn't sure what to make of a guy who took walks in a lab coat, strongly emphasized his own last name and spoke to people in poetry. Then again, I wasn't sure where I was and apparently I liked to adventure around dressed like a penguin, so I said, "You too."

"I am a professor of Pokemon," he continued, not really seeming to acknowledge my response. "Do you know what Pokemon are?"

Do I know what Pokemon are? Really? "Um," I said. "Yeah."

"Good, good!" said the professor. "Now, are you a BOY, or are you a GIRL?"

I cocked an eyebrow at this. I wasn't sure if I should be insulted or fearing for my life. "I'm a boy. Well, a man really. I don't know. Every time I identify myself as a man some old woman nearby says something about how I'm still just a baby. Actually, come to think of it, didn't you already address me as a man in your haiku?"

"Ah! So you are a boy," he went on, scratching at his temple and looking slightly disappointed. He extended his hand to help me up from my comfy position at the bottom of the tree. "Are you here to receive a free Pokemon from my lab?"

I examined his hand as though it were a snake. On one hand, this dude was clearly unbalanced and may or may not be inviting me back to his "lab" so he could drug me, dress me up like a woman and dissect my penis. On the other, he was offering me free stuff. I took his hand and he hoisted me up to my feet with surprising strength. "Sure," I said.

"Splendid!" he exclaimed, his grin spreading so wide that the crow's feet at his eyes looked like they could spread to the back of his head. "May I ask your name?"

I brushed some dirt off of my suit and adjusted my hat. "Just call me Black Light."

We got back to his lab, which was located in a nearby, homey-looking village with a sign out front that read "Pallet Town." The people in town seemed friendly enough and didn't eye Oak like he'd eaten any of the local schoolchildren, so I eased up a little. The professor had been coming up with haikus about nature the whole way, so I was almost a little relieved when he opened up his mouth and asked me a question that wasn't five syllables.

"So, what were you doing climbing trees in a three-piece suit?"

I shrugged, watching my step as two kids playing tag ran between us. "I'm not sure, actually," I said. "Was I climbing trees?"

"Well, you kind of fell out of the sky," Oak mused, scratching his chin. "I had assumed you were climbing trees, and that's why you tumbled through the branches."

"I see-" I began, but stopped immediately. "Wait? You saw me fall? I spent like, five minutes staring at the ground while I was still half-conscious. You didn't think to help me up or anything?"

"I thought you were dead at first," Oak countered. "I was still trying to come up with a haiku about mysterious dead bodies in the forest when you started stirring. Then I had to erase and restart the whole process, which was really a bother."

"Sorry to disappoint you," I said through clenched teeth. We had stopped at a large white building with glass windows. It definitely looked more like a laboratory than a rape dungeon. "This your lab?"

"Welcome to the world of Pokemon," Oak announced, and he flung the doors open with both hands.

I examined the lab as Oak led me through a maze of counters that held bubbling test tubes of all colors, Pokeballs of all colors, and lab assistants of mostly one color, which was way more pale than healthy people should be. The lab was mostly one giant white room, and at the back was the biggest, most impressive, most cluttered desk which I assumed belonged to Oak. Off to the right sat a technical-looking apparatus that housed three standard-issue Pokeballs. An impatient-looking boy with spiky brown hair and a blue t-shirt stood tapping his foot nearby. He saw us approaching.

"Gramps! What took you so long?"

"Ah! This is my grandson," Oak said to me. "I have no idea what his name is."

"Seriously? You senile old prick," said the mystery boy. "Who's the (BAN ME PLEASE) in the monkey suit?" I could already tell this kid and I were going to get along just great.

Oak looked puzzled. He scratched his temple. "That's right, (BAN ME PLEASE), what is your name again?"

I sighed. "Black Light is fine."

"What kind of gay name is that? You're not even black. You're gay. Your hat is gay," said the boy.

"What is your problem, kid?!" I don't like it when people talk about my hat.

"Oh, yes! Black Light," said Oak, apparently not big on teaching his grandchildren manners. "This is my grandson, uh...uhhhh...."

"I think his name is Dicks."

"Yes! That was it. His name is Dicks." The kid shot me the dirtiest look I've ever seen from someone who wasn't a hooker. "Anyway, Black Light and Dicks. You're both here to receive a Pokemon, yes? Since you're our guest here, why don't you pick first, Black Light?"

"Because then Dicks will pick whatever has an advantage over the one I pick."

"Nonsense!" cried Oak. "That would be unsporting. Go ahead, pick a Pokemon."

I approached the terminal carefully. I guess the faster I picked a Pokemon and hit the road, the faster I was going to get the hell out of this town with these insane people. The terminal flashed three names on a touchscreen:

Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Charmander

If I recalled correctly, that would make them a Grass/Poison, a Water, or a Fire type. I closed my eyes and hit a button at random. The machine whirred and made a noise that could only be described as mechanical gurgling before a claw shot out of the top and grabbed a Pokeball. The one that had "Charmander" hastily scrawled across the front in permanent marker was deposited in a small chute, where it popped out. I bent down uncomfortably (this machine was clearly designed to be operated by children) and grabbed my first Pokemon.

Dicks strolled up to the machine, and sneered at me before announcing, "In that case, I'll be taking SQUIRTLE."

"Oh my," said Oak as the machine made more sounds that suggested it was contemplating suicide. "What an excellent and unexpected pick." My brow furrowed.

"Well then," said Dicks, holding his Pokeball aloft and smiling smugly with his eyes closed. "What do you say we have a friendly battle?"

I wasn't even sure how to actually operate a Pokeball, so I waited and watched what Dicks (or whatever his name really was) did. He pressed the button in the center and lobbed the Pokeball into the air. "GO, SQUIRTLE!" he cried.

I mimed his button press and tossed the ball up underhanded. I wasn't really sure what to yell, but "Go, Charmander" seemed a little too run of the mill. I still wanted to say something cool, though. "Excelsior!" I shouted. One of the lab assistants looked up from his work and cocked an eyebrow. I coughed self-consciously.

A young-looking Squirtle emerged from Dicks' Pokeball as it hit the ground, and my Charmander followed. The two locked eyes, and Charmander held his little claws out at his sides like a sheriff in a mexican standoff. Dicks took first move. Without asking, naturally.

"Alright, Squirtle, hit 'em with a Hyper Beam!" he shouted, pointing his finger excitedly. Squirtle looked around for a second, and scratched the back of its head. "Hyper-what?" it asked.

One of the other lab assistants stood up. "Hyper beam can only be learned by fully-evolved Pokemon," he said.

"WHAT-EVER, NERD!" Dicks yelled back. "Apparently you don't know what SARCASM means. Squirtle, use a Tackle or some shit!"

Squirtle withdrew into its shell and launched forward at my Charmander, who took it square on the jaw. He tumbled back.

"Charmander!" I shouted, a little concerned. "Why wouldn't you dodge that?"

Charmander gathered himself and got back to his feet. He turned around to look up at me like a puppy that didn't understand why pissing on the couch was something that merited a yelling at. "Um, you didn't tell me to."

"Do I really have to...gah," I said. "Okay, fine. My bad. Don't worry about it."

The Charmander perked up a little. "Okay, boss. What do I do?"

"What can you do?"

"My claws are pretty sharp. I'm pretty sure I could scratch him about the head n' such."

"Alright. Do that then."

He did. Squirtle fell back with red lines across his unprotected face. "Owwwwww ow ow ow ow ow," it said, hands covering its face. "Stop. Please! I concede."

"What?!" bellowed Dicks, as best a 10-year-old can bellow. "You concede? You don't concede, I concede! I'm the trainer!"

"That really hurt!" Squirtle said, tears welling up in its eyes. "Did you see when he scratched me? He scratched me right in the face! He scratched my eye! Did you seeeeeee?"

"You're a Pokemon!" said Dicks in exasperation. "You fight! Sometimes you get hurt!"

"Can we please just concede?" pleaded Squirtle. "I have a cold today. I'll do better tomorrow, I promise."

Dicks rolled his eyes. "FINE," he said with a voice full of daggers. "But if you're going to be such a pussy n00b I'm releasing your ass in a lake full of Gyarados."

Squirtle swallowed hard and nodded. It turned around and looked at me ashamedly, then Charmander, as he was taken up back into his Pokeball by a red beam.

"Fuck me!" said Dicks. "I'm outta here. This little bastard needs to toughen up. Gramps! (BAN ME PLEASE)! Smell ya later!" He stormed out.

"What the hell is that kid's problem?" I asked Oak, who only smiled in response. "Oak?"

Oak stood there frozen for a minute, locked in a smile. "Enjoy the world of Pokemon!" he finally said. My Charmander and I exchanged glances, and we both backed away slowly and made our way out the door.

I wasn't really sure where to go, but my Charmander said he'd heard the people at the lab saying that new trainers always headed North, so that's what we did. That was the only side of town that had a path running through it anyway, and I didn't really feel like roughing it through the forest again. I still didn't remember why I had been there in the first place.

Charmander and I walked along the path north in silence for a few minutes. I kept him out of his Pokeball because he had seemed relieved to be out at first, and I just didn't have the heart to keep him cooped up in there if he didn't want to be. I figured he'd make good conversation, but I soon realized I didn't know what one talks to a Pokemon about. Eventually, he was the one to break the silence.

"So, what's my name?" he said.

"Charmander, isn't it?" I asked.

"Well, I am a Charmander," he said, stroking his tail thoughtfully. "But that's like asking everyone to call you 'Human.'"

"Makes sense," I said. "I'm not much good at coming up with names."

"Me neither."

"Okay, fine. I read this book in highschool once that I really liked. Have you ever read, um...Fahrenheit something something? Like the temperature?"

"I can't read."

"Oh, right. Because you're a Pokemon."

"No, because I've lived a majority of my life in a ball. And that was kind of racist."

"Sorry."

"That's okay. You were saying?"

"Right. So, it was about fire or people that set something on fire or something-"

"I think I see where you're going with this."

"Right. It was by a guy named Bradbury, so I'm going to call you Bradbury."

"Bradbury," said Bradbury as we approached a sign that read 'VIRIDIAN' in big bold letters. "Not bad."

Viridian City wasn't so much a city as it was a small town that desperately wanted to be a city. There were dinky plotted trees outside of every building like you find in the real cities, but these were flourishing far too well considering the richness of the soil and the lack of air pollution. The buildings were closely huddled together in a feeble attempt to imitate an urban sprawl, but the few grouping of huts were thinly spread and instead gave one the impression of a giant who was organizing his buildings into groups by color before prematurely losing interest. I was thirsty and Bradbury had hinted at the same, which I found odd because I thought Fire-type Pokemon hated water. I didn't question it though (there was apparently a lot I didn't know about Pokemon) as we pushed through the glass doors on the blue-roofed building.

I was barely done browsing through the second shelf of (nothing but) lemonade when Bradbury tapped on the glass of the freezer next to me. "I want that one," he said.

I grabbed two of them and headed for the counter. As we approached, I realized I had no idea whether or not I even had any money. I patted myself down. No wallet in these clothes, no money clip...I felt around inside my suit jacket and found a crumpled wad of bills in the inside chest pocket. 5 'Pokedollars.' I had no idea how much these lemonades even were. Is 5P enough for two? I approached the counter, where a cashier with short blonde hair and a blue apron seemed entranced by one of the ceiling tiles.

"Excuse me, sir, but is 5 Pokedollars enough to b-"

"YOU ARE FROM PALLET TOWN." The store clerk interrupted, standing ramrod stiff. I jumped back. It wasn't a question so much as a statement of fact.

"What? Yes. Er, no. Sort of. I wouldn't say I'm FROM Pallet Town, but that's where I'm coming from right this second. How did you know that?"

He pointed at Bradbury. "CHARMANDER."

Bradbury was cowering behind my leg, and at the clerk's accusatory pointing he was trembling even harder. "His name is Bradbury."

"HE MUST BE EXHAUSTED FROM TRIP. TRY SOME FREE SAMPLES." He shoved a bunch of blue spray bottles across the counter, which went toppling to the floor. Even if I knew what they were or what they were for, I didn't have anything to carry them in.

"Actually, we didn't see any other Pokemon on the way, so there was no fighting. And it's like, 2 miles. Even at a brisk pace that's not bad."

"CHARMANDER," he said again, gaze locking onto Bradbury. "CHARMANDER COMES FROM OAK. OAK. HAVE SOMETHING FOR OAK."

He bent down with what I swore was an audible creak and started rummaging around under the counter. He snapped back into an upright position and slammed a brown package onto the counter. "OAK. YOU TAKE TO OAK."

"Look, just, how much for the lemonades? I was really hoping to never go back there."

The clerk just looked at the parcel, then back at me. His stare was completely blank. "OAK," he said. He held the package to me and waved it around. I took it carefully. The clerk fixated his mindless stare onto me. I stared him in the eye.

"Look, is this a bomb? Or anthrax, or something?"

He cocked his head to one side. "OAK?"

I sighed. "Fine!" I said finally. "Fine. I'll take it to Oak, okay?"

His eyes showed the faintest notion of acknowledgment and he nodded enthusiastically. "YES. OAK. YOU TAKE IT TO OAK."

I tapped the lids of our lemonades. "I'm taking these. Let's go, Bradbury." Bradbury gave a meager squeak of agreement and followed me out, never taking his eyes off the store clerk.

"COME AGAIN."

"Fuck you."

Part 5:

"Alright, now, I think we can get through this route without battling any trainers if we simply perform maneuver delta-A."
"What do you mean we never devised a maneuver delta-A? We only discussed it for tw-"
"Excuse me!! You looked at me, didn't you?"
"No, not really...I was actually having a discussion with my pok-"
"GO PIDGEY!!"
"Why does this always happen to me? Just scratch that thing a few times FuckYouUp."
"Oh no, I've lost my precious Pidgey...GO RESERVE PIDGEY!!"
"...Really? Alright, just scratch it."
"YOU'RE MEAN!! I HAVE HALF A MIND TO-"
"Bitch, shut up. Just look at FuckYouUp...He's...glowing...OH DEAR LORD HE'S TURNED INTO HIS AWKWARD ADOLESENT PHASE!!"
"Yes you. Now don't get all angsty on me, we have to keep traveling."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know you would have-"
"HEY!! I SAW YOU IN VIRIDIAN FOREST!!"
"Oh God, it's one of those bug-catching assho-"
"GO CATERPIE!!"
"Hey Pizza face, stop being anti-social and ember this thing."
"Don't you back-sass me. I will stereotype you left and right."
*Embers*
"GO WEEDLE!"
*Embers*
"GO CATERPIE!"
*Embers*
"YOU BEAT ME AGAIN!!"
"Yeah, I know. Just shut up. I have to deal with ten-odd more people."

"So, FuckYouUp, I walk up to the maid and say "SO THAT'S WH-"
"Hi, I like turtles."
"Okay..."
"They're delightfully comfy and easy to wear."
"...Sometimes, I just wish that I was in an insane asylum and that this was all occurring in my head, know what I mean, little buddy?"
"GO RATTATA!!"
"OH GOD NO!! Uh...Uh...WHAT SHOULD I DO?! Um...METAL CLAW!! DEAR GOD HE HUNG ON USING HIS FOCUS SASH!! IT'S A F.E.A.R RATTATA!! WHY?!"
*Rattata Tail Whips.*
"Oh, never mind then. Just Metal Claw again."
"MY RATTATA HAS FALLEN!! You'll never be forgiven...HE WAS IN THE TOP PERCENTAGE OF HIS SPECIES!! HE WAS GOING TO BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF RATTATA LAND!!"
"Kid, just go on with the battle."
"GO EKANS!!"
"I like how he just completely forgot about Rattata...Anyways, Metal Claw FuckYouUp-OH GOD YOU MISSED!!"
*Ekans Wraps*
"METAL CLAW HIM!!"
*Ekans Wraps again."
"METAL CLAW!!"
"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!! MY TURTLE FRIENDS DIDN'T HELP ME WIN!"
"Alright, just calm down."

"FuckYouUp...I think we need to do what every good trainer does...HAVE A MONTAGE!!"
"That's right, a montage."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0i7qjJKU4o

"ADRIAN!!"
"Oh, I got caught up in the moment. But those were some great battles, eh?"
"I couldn't believe that one guy brought an Arceus into battle either."
"Oh yeah, that transvestite was pretty terrifying...I can't say I'm surprised by that though, considering that just this morning I found out that I had become married and divorced in one night."
"Man, that was one epic run to the pokecenter. I could've sworn you would die to poison."
"I think your right...We can finally go in the grass and get you a partner."

"You know what, that one kid was right. Turtles really ar-OH MY GOD LEVEL SEVEN PIDGEY!!"
"NO!! Don't do anything...I'll just throw a pokeball."
*Throws Pokeball*
*Pidgey breaks free.*
"This may take awhile..."
*Throws pokeball*
*CATCHES PIDGEY*
"Well, I guess I kind of look like an ass now, eh FuckYouUp?"
"I'll name her...'Wingman.' I'm sure this little lass will help me get some of that sweet-"
"Your right...Everyone is beginning to rub off on me. *Sigh* Well, FuckYouUp, Wingman, follow me."

We wondered about for a bit, then we encountered another pokemon center.

"Well, let's get you two in fighting condition."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Team:

FuckYouUp-Charmeleon-Level 19

Wingman-Pidgey-Level 7

Our Dearly Departed:

Bitch-Weedle-Level 5

"We lost you in the forest of your coming. We shall never forget ye, O mighty Bitch

I'll update this post later, with Part 6, in which we explore the CAVE OF MYSTERY!!

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapters Seven and Eight

Chapter Nine: The Empire

Ivy, Rainbow and I walked the length of the beach for hours. It had been so long since we had been able to relax, and the free day with Blaine gone was just an excuse to finally chill. We all knew it was temporary; eventually the league would come, and we all knew that it most likely end in one, two, or all of us dead. But still for a single day, the world could wait. Peace had not yet been restored, but it was as close as it had ever been. Thinking ahead to the league, we decided that it might be helpful to catch and train new Pokemon, and maybe train Aero and Icy personally. But first, there was one last badge to unite the old emblem and gain... whatever power it held.

Blaine was in his gym the next day, and I entered my first official challenge. Honorable battles with a few trainers, a puzzle, and then the leader awaited. Just like it had been before the empire had come. I marched in, and was informed of the gym rules. I had to answer ten questions; if I got one wrong I had to face a trainer. The first nine were all very easy; helping in Oak's lab paid off. Number ten was harder though, as the machine simply gave the question: "What is the mass of an unladen Spearow?" I thought for a moment, and replied; "Kanto or Johto?"

It paused for about a minute, and then let me through. Blaine was suprisingly easy, all of his Pokemon going down to a single surf from Rainbow. I almost felt bad crushing him that easy in public, but at long last I had all seven badges, and, as Oak had said, "the power of the legends of the land."

After the battle, Blaine came over, and told me he would take me to the secret he had been hiding, in essence the true reasons for the imperial control, the resistance, and the war. I thought about what the warden had said, and agreed to come with him.

I was a little suprised, when he took me to a boat, and more suprised when the minutes turned into hours in transit, but Blaine wouldn't tell me anything until we got there.

When we finally got off, we were on a small island, with a volcano looming in the distance. I was about to ask what this had to do with anything, when Bill came running over, Aero jogging beside him. Blaine and Bill exchanged greetings, and then took me over to a large, red building that vaguely resembeled a Pokemon center, and started to explain things to me.

Seven islands existed far to the south of Kanto and Johto, known only to a few explorers in Kanto. After the empire had invaded from the Johto region, a few citizens of Kanto fled en masse towards the sevii islands, as this archipelago had come to be called. Eventually, these escapees began contacting rebel leaders on the mainland, and began a guerilla campaign against the Empire, that was very skillfully covered up. The empire was angry, and started to tighten security in Kanto, keeping out those in the Sevii islands, but causing more unrest in the mainland. In order to clearly demonstrate imperial authority, the empire had begun building a new super weapon to destroy the Sevii islands... and I knew a lot of the story from there. The Sevii Islands were preparing an invasion of Kanto, and my exploits had hastened thier efforts. In three days, the landings would begin in Pallet and Fuschia, and the very Plateau itself would be besieged.

In the meantime, I was asked to deliver a package to the owner of a game corner on Two Island, both as something to keep me busy, and a way of showcasing the fact that I was alive to those hesitant about the invasion.

As things normally go, the man was in too much of a panic about a lost daughter named Lostelle (birth name, nick name... pretty ironic either way). I agreed to go and find her on three island. Of course, blocking my way was a group of thugs from Kanto, who somehow managed to last about five minutes. It was a pretty smooth path down Bond Bridge, ending up at Berry forest, the place most people suspected Lostelle was.

Just inside the forest, I found myself gazing at a Hypno, something I hadn't really seen in the wild, and only in the hands of another trainer once. I remembered my goal to catch more Pokemon, and sent out Ivy in an attempt to catch it. It proved to have powerful Psychic attacks, but Ivy whittled it down enough for me to catch it with a single ball. I named it Media, as Hypno was claimed to have the ability to hypnotise people into believing anything. I was letting Ivy and Rainbow meet the new team member, when Lostelle's screams rang from deeper in the forest.

To be continued...

Pokemon Update:
Alive and in Party:
Ivy (Venusaur) Lv. 48
Rainbow (Vaporeon) Lv. 49
Media (Hypno) Lv. 37

Boxed/Day Care:
Icy (Lapras) Lv. 25 upon entry into daycare
Aero (Hitmonchan) Lv. 25

Dead:
Dawn (Rattata) Lv. 5
Blocker (Snorlax) Lv. 31
Racer (Doduo) Lv. 27

Only one more update and an epilogue. As I have to do pre-league training, don't expect the final update soon. Next up, Giovanni and the Pokemon league.

The tenative finish date for power editing continues to be January 1st.

The saga continues! BlackLightAttack's LeafGreen Nuzlocke run: Update #2! (Click here for Update #1). In this episode: Black Light and Bradbury receive free cutting-edge technology for some reason! Also, Dicks' sister!

The trip back to Pallet seemed quicker now that Bradbury and I had broken the ice. He was a surprisingly intelligent little guy, if a little timid for someone that could potentially breathe fire. We talked about his life in Oak's lab, the cushy-but-boring lifestyle that entailed, the things he'd picked up that he wasn't supposed to...I was almost enjoying myself until we reached the lab again.

I really didn't want to talk to Oak or even look at him again, because frankly he creeped me out. So I kicked open the glass doors and hucked his package across the room at him. "OAKSOMEASSHOLEASKEDMETOGIVEYOUTHISSOTAKEITOKAYNICESEEINGYOUBYE."

I turned on my heel and started to run from the lab as fast as I could when Oak yelled after me, "OKAYTHANKSHERETAKETHISPOKEDEXI'MTOOOLDFORTHISSHITSOFILLITUPFORME."

I noticed that, without missing a beat, he had chucked something red right back across the room which clattered to the floor next to my feet, but I was too busy running to catch it or to see Bradbury pick it up and examine it before following me. We headed out of the front doors and ran a few yards to put some distance between us and the mad scientist before slowing down to a walk. I eyed the red notebook-looking thingy that Bradbury was holding in both of his little claws.

"Why'd you pick that up?"

"He said it was a Pokedex," he replied. "I've heard them talking about this around the lab. Oak's been working on this for decades."

"Oak also thinks that poetry is an acceptable response to finding a corpse in the woods. It's probably an automatic haiku generator or something."

"Nope, they said it's some kind of comprehensive Pokemon database."

"Why would I want to fill that up?"

"I don't know. Where are we going?"

"Back to Viridian, I guess. It's the only place to go from here."

"No, I mean, what's our goal, here?"

"To get away from Oak. And that store clerk."

Bradbury stopped walking and furrowed his brow. "You know, if I'm going to trust you, you're going to have to stop dodging my questions."

I was surprised he was that sharp. I was about to respond when I heard heavy footsteps running toward us. I turned around and sighed as Dicks caught up to us on the path.

"What's up (BAN ME PLEASE) and Fagmander? Check out what Gramps gave me!" He held out his own Pokedex, beaming. "I guess Gramps trusts me more than your old ass! Hah! A ten-year-old is more trustworthy than some ancient piece of-"

"I'm 22!"

"Like I said, old balls. Anyway, I have to go fill up my new piece of super-secret experimental technology that Gramps trusts me more than you with!"

"You should never end a sentence with a preposition," said Bradbury.

"You know your Grandfather is clinically insane, right?" I said.

"And we have one," said Bradbury, holding it up as high as he could on tip-toes.

Dicks looked like someone had punched him in the face, which might be the case if he kept this up (there's only so much a man can take before he strikes a child). "Well...fuckin'....whatever! You're not even gonna know where to go, because I got a map from my sister, and you didn't! I don't know why she has like fifty maps stockpiled in her room, but...I'm gonna tell her not to give you one! Hahahah! Smell ya later, (BAN ME PLEASE)!"

And he was off. Bradbury and I exchanged worried glances.

"Go eat a carton of fried dicks!" I called after him. He flipped me off behind his back and kept running.

"So, I assume we go to his house and get a map?" said Bradbury.

"I guess," I said. "I'm inclined to do the opposite of anything that kid tells me."

We approached a well-to-do-looking home not far from where we had met Dicks, with the name "Oak" written on the mailbox. I didn't see a doorbell so I rapped on the wooden door. Nothing. Bradbury and I exchanged glances and shrugged, so I tried the handle. It was unlocked.

"Hello?" I called. There was no foyer, and the door opened up right into a simple, homey kitchen. A little girl, I could guess no older than 8, sat at the kitchen table, reading a copy of Don Quixote. I cocked an eyebrow at this.

"Um, hello little girl," I started, not wanting to scare her and make her scream that someone was intruding into her home. "Is this the Oak residence? Your brother said I could get a map from you."

She slammed her book onto the table and rolled her eyes before glaring at me. "I hate my brother," she said.

"Oh! Cool, me too," I replied, easing up a little. Maybe this was a sane person. "He's quite the little bastard. Um, oops, sorry. Don't, uh...don't repeat that word around grown-ups, okay?"

She stared through me. "I hate that twat. I hate him so much. I sneak a cat turd into his Cocoa Puffs every morning. He's gotten food poisoning three times in the last six months because of the stuff I put in his food."

I coughed nervously. "I, uh...um. Yeah. You go girl." So much for the sane part. "About that map?"

"I assume he actually said he was going to tell me not to give you one?"

"Yes, something to that effect. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, though, right? Can I have a map please?"

She nodded quietly and stood up before running upstairs. I heard rustling and she came down a minute later with a thick folded map. She tossed it at me and it landed by my feet. Bradbury picked it up. He'd been silent the whole time, and I didn't blame him.

"Um, thanks," I said. "Listen, we're already accumulating a lot of crap and I don't really have anything to hold it all. Could you point us to, like, a department store or something where I could shoplift a bag?"

"Don't you have any money?"

"Nnnope. Bit of amnesia, I'm afraid, and I don't know what I've done with all of my cash."

"One second," she said, turning on her heel and running back up the steps. She came back down with two bags. One was a bright orange messenger bag with stickers all over it of random assorted Pokemon and a few bands. "Something like this would probably suit your needs, right?"

I didn't like the color or the stickers, but it would have been perfect. "Yeah, actually," I said. "That'd work just fine." Beggars can't be choosers.

"This is my brother's," she said. "He forgot it. He'll be back for it any minute." She snorted deeply as she pulled a large, drawn-out, hate-filled loogie into the back of her throat and spat it into the bag. Bradbury winced.

She held up the other bag, which was almost the exact same style of messenger bag. It was a little bigger, and made from slick, black treated leather. It was a little worn around the edges but kept in surprisingly good condition. "This is supposed to be my brother's, one day," she explained. "It was my dad's. He's dead."

"I'm sorry to hear-"

"Shut up. My brother was supposed to get this for his fifteenth birthday, but it's going to go missing now, okay?"

"Sure. I can live with that."

She tossed it to me. "One more thing."

"You've already done plenty, I can't thank you e-"

"Shut up." She reached behind her and tossed a roll of Pokedollars on top of the bag. "That's my brother's college fund. That's five thousand Pokedollars. Take it, and never come back here."

"Is there anything I can do in return?"

"You can get out and let me read my book," she said, resuming her position at the kitchen table.

"Thank you, so much-" I began.

"Shut up. Get out."

"Yes ma'am."

Bradbury tucked the map into the front pocket of the bag. The Pokedex joined it, I slung it over my shoulder, and we left Pallet Town, hopefully for the last time.

I'm going to have to apologize to you all, you see, I was in the midst of typing part six of my LeafGreen Nuzlocke Run, when my computer chrashed. I couldn't remember all that I had written, so, I'll just summarise the events here, with no humurous commentary. D= D=
Part 6:

-We clear the entirity of Mt. Moon

...-We have lost FuckYouUp, DAMN YOU POISON!!​

Current Pokemon Status:

Wingman-Pidgeotto-Level 21-Keen Eye Ability

Zoomfloom (As in the waterpark where one low price gets you water, water, everywhere. ZOOMFLOOM, YA' GOTTA GO!!)-Zubat-Level 12 ( I met him at level 8)-Inner Focus Ability

Our Dearly Departed:

Bitch-Weedle-Level 5

"We lost you in the forest of your coming, we shall never forget ye, O mighty Bitch"

FuckYouUp-Charmeleon-Level 20

"FUCK YOU POISON!!"

Will update on Friday.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Howsabout an update?

Progress: In Mt. Moon.

Ivysaur "Kaz"
Level 16
Hardy
-Tackle
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Vine Whip

Pidgey "Flyte"
Level 15
Rash
-Tackle
-Sand-Attack
-Quick Attack
-Gust
Zubat "Blip"
Level 9
Naive
-Astonish
-Leech Life

Metapod "Flutter"
Level 7
Hasty
-Tackle
-String Shot
-Harden

RIP.

Spearow "Ace" l6
Rattata "Kate" l3

Time for update #12 of Flamestrike's Nuzlocke challenge! E4 time!
Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6
Update #7
Update #8
Update #9
Update #10
Update #11

Got all the members of my team up to 50 (including the newest member, Petula the Gengar), then challenged Will. Don't remember much about the fight, but it went something like this:

Petula used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!
[Insert Pokemon name here] fainted!
x5

Koga and Bruno were equally easy, Tyler swept them both with ease. Karen was where things started to get a little trickier. Led off with Houston to take on Umbreon, she was faster but thankfully did nothing more than Faint Attack me for minimal damage before I one-shotted her with Cross Chop. Next came Murkrow who did a decent chunk with Pluck before also going down. Then came Gengar, who I realized has Destiny Bond. Considered going to Anthony for Ice Shard, but since iirc Destiny Bond carries over to the next turn and I figured switching wouldn't help at all if she did use it, I decided to take a risk and go for Payback. She used Focus Blast, chipping away half of my remaining health (I was at about 1/6th at this point) while I finished her with Payback. Next came Houndoom. Without my safe switch to Kyle, I had to go to Matty, who thankfully took the Flamethrower amazingly (3-4HKO depending on damage rolls) Unfortunately, Aura Sphere failed to OHKO while she used Nasty Plot, thank goodness the Sitrus Berry healed it past Full Restore point or I could have been in trouble. I took another Flamethrower (just barely, 10 HP left 0_0) and finished it with Aura Sphere. Finally I Roosted on Vileplume before going to Petula to finish it off with two Shadow Balls.

Finally Lance. Led with Petula who decimated Gyarados with a Thunderbolt. I had Focus Sash, so I stayed in on the Aerodactyl, took a Crunch (didn't even activate Sash either) and took that out with T-bolt as well. Went to Matty to take down Charizard, except not really because it flinched me 3 times out of 4 with Air Slash (hax is supposed to be Togekiss's job >:( ). Had to go to Jill, and one Stone Edge was all it took. Dragonite came in, and I correctly assumed it was the one with Blizzard, going to the only thing I had to really take it, Anthony. It missed, and three Ice Shards later I was crowned champion!

Next up, Kanto!

Alive:
Matty the male Togekiss: Level 50, Quiet nature
-Roost
-Fire Blast
-Aura Sphere
-Air Slash
Matty held his own in the Elite 4 challenge, despite not fighting a whole lot. Without him I would have certainly lost a Pokemon to Karen's Houndoom, and he would have taken down Lance's Charizard were it not for Air Slash flinches.

Jill the female Golem: Level 50, Rash nature
-Earthquake
-Rock Throw
-Double-Edge
-Rock Smash
Though she saw little action during the Elite 4 challenge, Jill shined when Matty faltered against Charizard, coming in on a Pokemon the rest of the team would not have wanted to face whatsoever and taking it down in one fell swoop.

Tyler the male Alakazam: Level 51, Bashful nature
-Recover
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
Tyler could quite possibly be the MVP of the Elite 4 run, soloing both Koga and Bruno and barely taking a scratch while doing so.

Houston the male Machamp: Level 50, Relaxed nature
-Payback
-Strength
-Cross Chop
-Earthquake
Houston played a big part against Karen when I needed him most, and was always waiting in the wings for when I needed to call upon him again.

Anthony the male Mamoswine: Level 50, Jolly nature
-Ice Fang
-Ice Shard
-Endure
-Earthquake
Anthony didn't see the field until the very end of the last battle, but he did exactly what he needed to do, taking out Lance's 3 Dragonites without letting them do anything.

Petula the female Gengar: Level 51, Rash Nature
-Hypnosis
-Confuse Ray
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
Petula is definitely the other contender for MVP, sweeping Will, helping out against Karen and getting me started off strong versus Lance. Definitely a wonderful addition to the team.

Boxed:
Catherine the female Caterpie: Level 4, Lax nature
Laura the female Spearow: Level 3, Sassy nature
Kaila the female Drowzee: Level 10, Modest nature
Zach the male Nidoran: Level 12, Lax nature
Justin the male Kakuna: Level 13, Careful nature
Eric the male Sudowoodo: Level 20, Lax nature
Dylan the male Mankey: Level 15, Docile nature
Natasha the female Flaffy: Level 16, Mild nature
Jenn the female Rattata: Level 15, Bashful nature
Jillian the genderless Magnemite: Level 16, Jolly nature
Kayla the female Gyarados: Level 21, Jolly nature
Luke the male Tentacool: Level 20, Modest nature
Bill the male Weepinbell: Level 22, Modest nature
Colleen the female Gligar: Level 24, Calm nature
Ron the male Dratini: Level 15, ? nature

Dead:
Corey the male Cyndaquil: Level 13, Mild nature
-Quick Attack
-Leer
-Smokescreen
-Ember
Though shy, Corey was brave and always willing to stand up for his friends. He was my first Pokemon and I had hoped to have him along for the entire challenge. Unfortunately, Falkner ended those hopes with a critical hit Tackle from Pidgeotto that took me by surprise and ended my starter's life. RIP

Nick the male Rattata: Level 12, Mild nature
-Rock Smash
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Bite
Nick was the troublemaker of the group, but he was always ready to fight for his friends and was really close to Corey. After Corey's death I figured Nick was my best bet to finish off Falkner's Pidgeotto, but Roost gave it just enough time to kill Nick. RIP

Andrew the male Zubat: Level 20, Careful nature
-Wing Attack
-Supersonic
-Astonish
-Bite
Andrew was the oddball of the group, and sometimes got on everyone's nerves, especially Melinda, who disliked him. However, the rest of the team liked him, and he became close friends with Jill. Sadly, he was a victim of my overconfidence, and was beaten by a Kadabra's Confusion before he had the chance to do anything. RIP

Melinda the female Weepinbell: Level 21, Lax nature
-Vine Whip
-Sleep Powder
-Cut
-Poison Powder
After the deaths of Corey and Nick, Melinda quickly became a key member of my team. While a great friend, she was rather uptight, and as a result she didn't get along with Andrew. However, after Andrew's death she was wracked with guilt, and determined to be friendly to any and every new member that joined. Unfortunately, she didn't live long enough to see a new member, as a Bite crit, Sleep Powder miss, and Ice Fang all combined to bring her down. RIP.

Sara the female Pidgeotto: Level 22, Relaxed nature
-Whirlwind
-Twister
-Gust
-Quick Attack
My team leader after Corey's early death, Sara was easy to anger but a great friend nonetheless. She bonded well with everyone on the team, and was saddened by every loss. However, not long after Melinda's death, she fought a Charmeleon and after missing multiple Quick Attacks due to Smokescreen a Dragon Rage killed her. RIP.

Kyle the male Chinchou: Level 48, Hasty nature
-Surf
-Blizzard
-Discharge
-Signal Beam
Kyle was a key member of the group from day 1; his combination of types plus the ability to learn Blizzard made him invaluable. The team also loved him and his carefree, friendly attitude. He certainly didn't deserve the death he got; I got greedy and was using Signal Beam to kill a Donphan when I should have played it safe and killed it with Surf, and Kyle was killed by a lucky Magnitude 10. RIP.

The saga continues! BlackLightAttack's LeafGreen Nuzlocke run! Update #3!

Update #1
Update #2

In this episode: A new team member joins the party!

Bradbury and I were grateful to be out of Pallet and on the road again. Rummaging through the old leather bag that the insane little girl had given me revealed a couple of old and dusty, but apparently still fully-functional, Pokeballs.

"I guess we start catching more Pokemon, right? That's what Pokemon trainers do?"

"Yep," said Bradbury.

"Cool. Doesn't seem like I have to do that much. You okay with that?"

"Well, you're calling the shots. You're like my coach, I guess. I'm doing all of the legwork but I wouldn't know what to do all that well without you and your bird's-eye view of the battle."

"Good point."

Bradbury watched a sign that said "Route 1" go by as we walked past it. He coughed awkwardly. "So, you never answered my question."

"Refresh my memory?"

"Where are we going?"

I shook my head. "I didn't mean to dodge the question earlier," I sighed. "I just don't know."

"What do you mean, you don't know? Are we challenging the Indigo League?"

"I don't know."

"Are we entering Contests? Sightseeing?"

"I don't know."

"Visiting your family? Looking for some damn pirate treasure?! Give me something, here!"

"I said I don't know!" I shouted, stopping in my tracks. "I don't remember who I am, where I'm from, why I was near Pallet Town, or where I got this fucking suit! All I remember is my name and my hat. The hat feels like it's always been there." I caressed my fedora.

Bradbury looked at the ground. "Sorry," he said finally.

"Don't worry about it," I said. "You didn't know. Actually, I'm the one who should be apologizing. I'm sure you wanted some eager, ambitious trainer who wanted to tackle the League."

He held up both hands and shook his head. "No, no. Not necessarily."

"Really?"

"Really. Those fights leading up to the league are intense. Some of them are to the death. I'd always assumed that I'd be fighting, yeah, but that doesn't mean I wanted to."

"Well, I have no idea where I'm going," I said. "Is there something you wanted to do?"

He shrugged. "You're gonna have to let me think about that one for a while, boss." His gaze suddenly snapped to a nearby bush. "Besides, I think our conversation disturbed someone."

The bush was rustling. A purple-and-white head poked out of the roughage and locked beady black eyes with me. A Rattata jumped out and planted all four feet against the ground in defiance.

"WHOA, BRO, WHOA," it said, shouting and looking back and forth between Bradbury and me. "WHAT'RE YOU DOIN' ON MY TURF, BRO? WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM, BRO?"

I held my hands up. "Nothing, nothing. I'm sorry, we...hey! Wait! Who says this is your turf? What's your problem?"

"OHHHH NAW. OHHHH NAW," the Rattata said, pacing back and forth and twitching his head around wildly. "OHHHH NO THIS MU'FUCKA DIDN'T. YOU WANT SOME? YOU GOT SOME. COME AT ME, BRO. COME AT ME!"

Bradbury looked up at me and gave me a nod.

"Let's do it!"

"Go at 'im with the claws, Bradbury!" I said. "Set him on fire if you have to!"

Bradbury lept forward with his claws outstretched. "I'm still kinda working on the fire, boss!"

"Okay! No, that's okay! Just scratch his face and shit!"

Bradbury's first attack swung too high and the Rattata dropped nimbly below. Bradbury leapt back with surprising speed for such a little guy, narrowly avoiding large, gnashing incisors from his opponent, who was still slinging insults and vague racial slurs when he wasn't trying to bite him.

The Rattata was on the offensive now, and Bradbury was dodging admirably. "Keep dodging it, Brad!" I encouraged. "Wait for an opening!" The wild Rattata, clearly exasperated at constantly missing, leapt high into the air, somersaulting into a dive-bomb, jaw wide open and ready for a harsh bite.

"Now!" I cried. Bradbury caught the wild Rattata by the teeth, one set of incisors in each claw, and using his still-going momentum from the jump, turned around and slammed him hard into the ground.

"OW! THE FUCK, BRO?! WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM, GUY?!"

It was too late. Bradbury jumped on top of the Rattata and pinned him to the ground. "Now, boss!"

I fumbled a second for a Pokeball before pegging it at the writhing duo. I missed terribly. "What are you doing, boss?!"

I cursed under my breath and mumbled an excuse about the sun being in my eyes as I grabbed another Pokeball. I ran forward into the fray and bonked the Rattata on the head with the ball still in my hand. The ball popped out of my grasp seemingly on its own free will and began wriggling around on the ground. I motioned for Bradbury to watch it while I ran to retrieve my wayward Pokeball.

When I returned, the ball had stopped tossing and Bradbury was holding it above his head with a triumphant smile. "I think we did alright," he said.

"You did great," I replied. "I, on the other hand, need to work on my throwing arm."

"I'm not sure I want to let him out," I said finally, after Bradbury had rested a bit.

"Why? Because he was a massive bellend?"

"Yeah, that's pretty much it."

"Well, unless you want me to fight literally every battle for you, you're going to have to let him out eventually."

I sighed. "I guess you're right." I lobbed the Pokeball up into the air. "Shablagoo!" I was still working on the battle phrase.

The Rattata erupted out of the ball in a flash of red light and looked around, blinking at the sunlight. "What's goin' on, guys?" he asked.

Bradbury and I shared a sigh of relief. "I see you've calmed down," I said.

"Calmed down? Was I ever riled up?" the Rattata asked.

"Are you serious?" asked Bradbury.

"Yes!"

"Why?" I said. "What do you think happened?"

"Well," said Rattata. "I remember seeing you guys passing by and talking about pirate treasure or something, and I came out of those bushes over there, and I can't remember why I was in the bushes now that I think about it because they don't quite look like very comfortable bushes, and I was all, 'Hey, guys, what's goin' on, you seem like pretty cool dudes, can I join you?' And you were all, 'Hey, yeah, Rattata! What's up my man! Join us on our adventure!' And here we are."

I slapped my hand to my face. "Yeah, Rattata. That's about what happened."

"Are we just going to call him Rattata?" Bradbury asked.

"I don't see why not," Rattata said.

"Well that doesn't seem very fair, for you to have a name when he doesn't."

"That's pretty true," said Rattata.

"I'm going to call you Pratchett."

Pratchett shrugged. "I'm okay with this."

"Alright then," I said. "Pratchett, we're headed north. You're welcome to come with."

Pratchett looked down the road, then at us. "Well," he sniffed. "I have never left these bushes. I think I could do for a change of scenery."

OK, I think I might try my hand at this. I'll be using LeafGreen, and here are the rules I shall follow.

*When a Pokemon faints, it's dead. I deposit dead Pokemon in the "dead" PC box.
*I can only catch or obtain the first possible Pokemon in any given area. If the Pokemon flees or is KO'd, tough shit. Unlike most Kanto-based Nuzlocke runs, Route 1 won't be off limits to me if I manage to not encounter any wild Pokemon there until I get Pokeballs.
*Unlike all other Nuzlocke runs, I won't be nicknaming my Pokemon. Why? Quite simply, because I suck at it.
*If I find a shiny in any area, regardless of whether or not it's the first one I found, screw the rules, I'm catching it. To ensure that I remain as faithful to the rules as possible, I will deposit all shinies I find in a PC box labeled "migrate". As the name suggests, I migrate anything in that box on to my HeartGold. The same goes for legendaries.
*If the first Pokemon I find in an area is a shiny or a legendary, it won't count as the first one, so I will be able to catch something else.
*I answer to no restrictions on item purchase and usage. I buy what I want, as many of it as I want, and I use what I want, when I want.

I'm new to the whole Nuzlocke thing, which is why I'm trying to ease into it with a slightly less strict set of rules. I'm also starting with Bulbasaur. Partly because it's basically the game's "easy" setting, and partly because it's a Poison-type, which I love.

I will be updating in this thread whenever possible and/or necessary.

EDIT: Changed my mind. I'm putting this challenge on hold indefinitely. Now that I've started up LeafGreen again, I want to play it on my terms. I may do this sometime in the distant future, but not now.

Well I failed my heart gold nuzlocke a while ago, and got rather frustrated with the game. Now I decided to give this another shot on sapphire while I wait for black and white's release in US.

The rules
- You are only allowed 1 pokemon from each route including gift pokemon. (This eliminates route 101 for catching pokemon as the starter counts)
- The first pokemon on each route must be the one caught unless it is the same species as one I already have. (I don't really want 6 zigzagoons) If the first pokemon isn't caught, tough luck for me, no pokemon can be caught from that route.
- No item use in battles this includes both healing and boosting items. Items can be used outside of battle. (No revives are allowed though)
- If a pokemon faints then must be boxed and can no longer be used. This includes fainting outside due to poison fainting.
- If all pokemon faint then I lose the challenge. I also can't catch extra pokemon for HM slave use, if I lose all surfing pokemon and I need surf to continue then I lose the challenge.
- I must have a team of six whenever possible, they should be as equally raised as possible. (It doesn't seem like much of a challenge running through with a high level blasiken)
- No ubers are allowed to be used. (Mainly no kyorge, it seems unlikely I'll pick up a salamence anyway)

I'll post updates when I reach certain point such as receiving badges, and mention important battles that can be close or when I lose an important member of my team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)