Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2984739&postcount=304

That implies they do match up with Serebii's page, from left to right...
Well I went with what he said and according to those slots, 90-94, I got a spread without a synch which is frame 900. So that would be for Scyther, right?

I tested it out... by mistake and got a shiny flawless Venonat. (Frame 872, which corresponds to Slot 6, which is Venonat) Useless though since it's adamant nature. >_> Even more stupid, I had to use a lot of save states just to get this.
I don't know, I looked at them the normal way, and by calculating them based on Zari's post, and the pokemon never matched either way. And believe me, I checked probably 15-20 different seeds and 30-40 different frames while trying to find a Scyther. For me it was just a ton of trial and error.
Same here. I think I did what you did... sort of.

Yeah, the only thing usable I could find with my Jolly/Careful spreads (without a syncher) was a Jolly Kricketune :/ I discussed with musicmeister while trying to find the Scyther and we both had the same problems with encounter slots, so I really don't know what's going on there.

Yeah, the only thing usable I could find with my Jolly/Careful spreads (without a syncher) was a Jolly Kricketune :/ I discussed with musicmeister while trying to find the Scyther and we both had the same problems with encounter slots, so I really don't know what's going on there.
Never mind what I said before. Apparently when I sweet scented, aiming for Frame 900, I got a shiny Butterfree. Great... so these encounter slots are pretty useless. I guess I have to do trial and error to I get what I need, which might not happen. ):
EDIT: Take a look at this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2987503&postcount=320
So I guess this spread is useless. (Same one I have) I think I should go for a almost-flawless adamant shiny spread and see if that will work. Damn this will take a while...
EDIT2: Tried another combo, but sadly the useful one was Weedle. These encounter slots are random for some reason.

I have learned the RNG but I have now something very strange. I Want to breed a doduo with this: A-A-A-19-31-31, with a flawless ditto as Parent A. This is frame 9 and the first thing what was strange was that he passed 2 frames and started by the 3. When I knew is I thought it was easy, but when I hit my seed and called elm 7 times, I hit frame 10. I pass frame 9. Is this a split spread or something? This is the seed if someone is interested: B41102EF.

edit: I used another seed, but with frame 11, but I just pass frame 11 and got frame 12, I am really confused now. Can someone help me out?

I have learned the RNG but I have now something very strange. I Want to breed a doduo with this: A-A-A-19-31-31, with a flawless ditto as Parent A. This is frame 9 and the first thing what was strange was that he passed 2 frames and started by the 3. When I knew is I thought it was easy, but when I hit my seed and called elm 7 times, I hit frame 10. I pass frame 9. Is this a split spread or something? This is the seed if someone is interested: B41102EF.

edit: I used another seed, but with frame 11, but I just pass frame 11 and got frame 12, I am really confused now. Can someone help me out?
On HGSS, in the case of breeding, you stop one frame in advance of your target. Therefore, to get frame nine, you should have stopped calling Elm at frame 8.

Need Help

Im working on perfect wondercard ivs. Here are my initial seconds and delays out of five calibration trials. I can see a delay range of 485-499 but the seconds are really random. Help me please. I followed your instructions for calibration. I am doing this on hg/ss so i dont know if that affects anything. Help?

54 sec
delay 485
58 sec
delay 491
20 sec
delay 487
46 sec
delay 499
1 sec
delay 497
58 sec
delay 495

You need to calibrate by starting on a new minute every time.

EDIT: Here's an example

Start at 12:00:00
- Seconds: 14
- Delay: 482
Start at: 12:02:00
- Seconds: 15
- Delay: 487

But I wonder how you will know it's nature when you SR them? Because on what I've heard, once you captured Reshiram or Zekrom, you can't see it's nature until after beating the game...

I suspect the folk who SR it are actually using save states. So yeah, if you're on a retail game, once you beat the baddies, you're stuck with your Reshiram. I caught mine based on high HP, since it was the only IV I could predict based on the HP stat visible. I wasn't that lucky, it turned out. Nice HP, ok nature, crappy speed IV.

But I wonder how you will know it's nature when you SR them? Because on what I've heard, once you captured Reshiram or Zekrom, you can't see it's nature until after beating the game...
Use an online IV checker. Just post the stats and by default put your desired nature. If an error occurs, it's because it isn't the desired nature. (For me, at least)

My own little plan that worked+plan that got my own somewhat good Adamant Zekrom in 3 days.

When you're in a battle you can look at your party Pokemon's nature, moves, and stats.
So just go there to check all that stuff out >.<

Just ran into an interesting problem. I'm trying to catch a Misdreavus in Mt Silver. According to the encounter codes for HG, Misdreavus is on Mt Silver 1F in slots 6 and 7 at night.

I entered the Mt Silver cave and saved near the front door as shown in the 1F picture in that link. I hit my seed, advanced, and instead of running into a Misdreavus, I ran into a Graveler. Graveler is supposed to be in Slot 7 on Mt Silver 2F, not 1F.

I checked the Graveler, and everything about it was correct, except it should have been a Misdreavus. Am I in the wrong area? The time was after 22:00, so it was definitely night, and according to the Psypokes graphic, the first entrance to Mt Silver is on the 1F level. Any help would be appreciated :D

Use an online IV checker. Just post the stats and by default put your desired nature. If an error occurs, it's because it isn't the desired nature. (For me, at least)

My own little plan that worked+plan that got my own somewhat good Adamant Zekrom in 3 days.
I'm sure that you'll be able to IV check through AR codes as well. But when that becomes available is still a mystery.
When you're in a battle you can look at your party Pokemon's nature, moves, and stats.
So just go there to check all that stuff out >.<
When I caught my retail Reshiram, there was no opportunity to look at the Reshiram after it got into the party. I was forced immediately into a battle with N and did not get to see the Reshirams full stats and nature until after the game had saved.

Did any of you actually catch the legendary at the end of the game yet, using a retail game without save states? You cannot redo the catch. You can't see anything but the HP stat. You are stuck with whatever you get the moment the last battle ends because you can't check the stats then either.

Just ran into an interesting problem. I'm trying to catch a Misdreavus in Mt Silver. According to the encounter codes for HG, Misdreavus is on Mt Silver 1F in slots 6 and 7 at night.

I entered the Mt Silver cave and saved near the front door as shown in the 1F picture in that link. I hit my seed, advanced, and instead of running into a Misdreavus, I ran into a Graveler. Graveler is supposed to be in Slot 7 on Mt Silver 2F, not 1F.

I checked the Graveler, and everything about it was correct, except it should have been a Misdreavus. Am I in the wrong area? The time was after 22:00, so it was definitely night, and according to the Psypokes graphic, the first entrance to Mt Silver is on the 1F level. Any help would be appreciated :D
Something is wrong with the encounter slot list for that level. I have never gotten the expected poke using that list within the mountain on 1F. I have gotten the expected poke on the side of the mountain outside.

I was actually VERY concerned about this and hoping it wouldn't be the case. If it was, I was considering waiting until RNG'ing was truly cracked, and that I had experience with B/W RNG, before I attempted a flawless Reshiram/Zekrom.

This is actually a shame to hear. I most certainly don't want something like a Lax nature Zekrom with a terrible IV spread.

I don't know about the other floors. When I had that much trouble inside the mountain, I just went outside instead and that's where I do most of my RNG now. What you could do is just test the encounter slots, stop at different frames with the correct IV spread and see what you catch until you find the right pokemon, hopefully. I've had to do that occasionally, for head butting mostly.

Edit:
I was actually VERY concerned about this and hoping it wouldn't be the case. If it was, I was considering waiting until RNG'ing was truly cracked, and that I had experience with B/W RNG, before I attempted a flawless Reshiram/Zekrom.

This is actually a shame to hear. I most certainly don't want something like a Lax nature Zekrom with a terrible IV spread.
I was worried about it as well, but for the sake of being able to poke shift, I went ahead with the catch. I tested the catch several times, trying to get at least a perfect HP stat, which I did, but I still ended up with a crappy Reshiram. Oh well. I'll restart the game when the English version comes out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)