Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Will you be using an Action Replay?

[edit]
Bleh, that post was from hours ago... where to start...

Well, short answer is no, not quite. Using your example:

B / 21 / 25 / B / 31 / B

Step #1 would be to figure out what those Bs are, because inheritance shifts around with each frame (advanced by all the RMNPCs outside), but the "underlying IVs" ("base egg IVs", that 21, 25, and 31 and what's "underneath" the Bs) do not (for the first egg, as long as you don't walk much, or withdraw any pokemon from the PC). What determines if you've found a good seed, or a bad seed, is what the "base egg IVs" are, because if your "base egg IVs" are good, it matters less what inheritance you happen to get.

An example from my use:

I spent like 8 days resetting on 30-40 different arbitrary seconds to see what seeds I commonly got on those Date/Times. I then ran those seeds through the Researcher in the RNG Reporter to generate a rediculously long list of "IV frames". Base Egg IVs are on frames 8-13 (in order) for the first egg (as long as you don't walk much, or withdraw any mons from the PC). Here's just one arbitrary result:

MTIVRNG Seed: 9757ecef
IV Frames: 8-13
Base Egg IVS: 30 / 26 / 30 / 28 / 25 / 31

This is a quick, easy, consistent seed I happened to stumble upon that gives 2 30s and a 31. Now, the RMNPCs all screw around with your inheritance, but you can "usually" have a little say in that if you use power items. At this point, our understanding of power items "seems" to be that they have a 50% chance of jumping to the next PID/Inheritance (they seem to be tied) Frame that fits the Power Item. So, when I want babies that are:
30 / X / 30 / A / A / 31
I put a flawless ditto (or a flawless RNG Capture) in the daycare with either a SAtk or SDef Power Item and a parent with an everstone with the proper nature. I then start resetting on that seed (Date/Time) and varying the time before I pick up the egg (watching the spinning mons as a guage, or using a stopwatch). After a few resets, I usually stumble across an amount of seconds before picking up the egg that gives the inherited IVs necissary for my wants. Most of the time the PID is what I want too, because of the everstone, but when it isn't, I just have to keep checking different amounts of time before picking up the egg until I DO get what I want. You can also switch the power item to something different, and will usually "sway" the egg inheritance/PID toward something else, that can be useful if you're not seeing the result you want.

Now. That's the "basic" way to do it. But you can get unbelievably better results (like 830c3ab4 (F 1948-1953).......30 / 08 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 31) if you look further up the IV frame list. But that's for another day. :3

In this case, it most likely is NOT your SID messing up because you still could not get the correct nature/gender, etc. Your platinum having a bad GTS is not a problem either (mine does too :P). Of course, there exists a possibility that your SID is messed up and you're messing up your RNG - unlikely if you've verified it twice. You can however, ask in the Simples thread for someone to simply AR check your SID for you.
I might just try that, although I dont really like using AR for anything and I do think my SID is correct.

1) The easy way for Shinies - using shiny egg finder. This is located in Time Finder button on the main window of RNG Reporter. If doing it this way, remember to complete the entire coinflips necessary, ie the flip sequence first to verify that you've hit your delay AND then the entire taps and flips that you must do to ensure the shiny/nature/ability/gender of the egg. This method requires you to hit your delay once to get the shininess/nature/ability/gender and again to get the IVs.
This is what I was doing, sorry if I was unclear in my original post. I did do the 10 required coin flips to see if I got the right seed or not. I was aiming for 14 seconds and 598 delay and I WAS able to get it. After the first time I got it I had to fly to Solaceon town and breed my pokemon that way. After that time didn't work, I decided to save in that town and try for the same seed and thus seconds and delay time. Of course I had to resync my clock and DS clock each time and I did so, and I was able to get the same seed again. I went into the daycare and put my pokemon in, got the egg, hatched it, and it was incorrect again. The weird thing is even though it was the same seed, both pidgeys I got out of this were completely different, and both were not shiny of course.

I've gone through all the steps and double checked my numbers quite a bit, I just can't figure out what I'm missing. Could I be doing something that advances the frames? Is there a list of all that advances the frames for Platinum available somewhere? Gah, I just don't get it. D:

Double checking again.

So lets say I hit continue (or after I say no to C-Gear), get 11 seconds as the amount of time to get to the game world, quickly pick up my egg, and then eventually get a usable spread. (like 31 in two or three spots that weren't passed down) That would be my usable spread, noting the date, time, and seconds to get it, right?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Double checking again.

So lets say I hit continue (or after I say no to C-Gear), get 11 seconds as the amount of time to get to the game world, quickly pick up my egg, and then eventually get a usable spread. (like 31 in two or three spots that weren't passed down) That would be my usable spread, noting the date, time, and seconds to get it, right?
Pooosssssibly.... I don't think I understand you. The amount of time it takes to get into the game world, or when you press Continue on the Blue Screen (is it Black now?) doesn't matter. Your seed is generated just from the Date/Time (to the second) that you either:
A) Select your game on the DS Startup Screen
B) Soft Reset your game
C) Boot your game with codes with your AR
That's the Date/Time (to the second) you need to keep track of.

[edit]
Oh, it matters for PID/Inheritance frame, but that shifts around every time you save your game. That's why it's important to get as many 31s or 30s as you can, because then it matters less what inheritance you get.

Pooosssssibly.... I don't think I understand you. The amount of time it takes to get into the game world, or when you press Continue on the Blue Screen (is it Black now?) doesn't matter. Your seed is generated just from the Date/Time (to the second) that you either:
B) Soft Reset your game
That's the Date/Time (to the second) you need to keep track of.

[edit]
Oh, it matters for PID/Inheritance frame, but that shifts around every time you save your game. That's why it's important to get as many 31s or 30s as you can, because then it matters less what inheritance you get.
So I should sync my DS time with an external watch and simply SR till I get a good spread? Also what time should I keep track of? The time I SR or the time I get to the in game world.

Edit: Does anyone know the initial seed location for White? (Like what 4th gen had)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Time you get into the game world means nothing. I know that in 4th Gen RNG, your "target" was the moment you pressed Continue at the Blue Screen, but now your target is the Date/Time (to the second) that you:
B) Soft Reset your game

Initial seed location is mentioned in the RNG Research thread IIRC. But actually, at the moment, that seed doesn't mean much. The seed that tells you the IVs of the next egg or capture is the MTIVRNG.

I figured this is probably a longshot, but I guess I could try. :P

Does anyone know the memory address for the checking of IVs in Emerald?

Time you get into the game world means nothing. I know that in 4th Gen RNG, your "target" was the moment you pressed Continue at the Blue Screen, but now your target is the Date/Time (to the second) that you:
B) Soft Reset your game

Initial seed location is mentioned in the RNG Research thread IIRC. But actually, at the moment, that seed doesn't mean much. The seed that tells you the IVs of the next egg or capture is the MTIVRNG.
Okay, that makes sense. So MTIVRNG is in rng reporter, right? From there, I use the AR code to see what seed am I on, and put that seed into there, right?
Other than that, thanks for the big help.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, that makes sense. So MTIVRNG is in rng reporter, right? From there, I use the AR code to see what seed am I on, and put that seed into there, right?
Other than that, thanks for the big help.
It's called Method 5, at least for now. Currently in 8.31 you can see it in Researcher by clicking IRNG and changing Custom 1 to >> 27. You have to use an unmodified seed on counter frame 0270 for it to work. In other words it's the initial non-cgear seed.

In general, frames (X through X+5) will be the IVs if you encounter a Pokemon on frame X-1, or grab an egg on X-8.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
i.e. 99% of capture IVs are "usually" frames 1,2,3,4,5,6 and "base egg IVs" are "usually" frames 8,9,10,11,12,13. Your roamer's IVs will be frames 2,3,4,7,5,6 in that order. Things that can screw with that are walking 128 steps and withdrawing mons from your PC, which both advance your IV frames (by 1Xparty and 7 accordingly).

I got lost on the last part Kaphotics. Thanks but I guess I'll stick with trial and error, wait till someone can make a video tutorial. (Which can take months. lol)

Ok, I'm trying to hit an even frame while RNG'ing an Oblivia Deoxys wondercard on my Diamond, but it always comes up odd. I used up all the roamers, even waited for the NPC to turn without moving, and waited for the NPC to move without turning (not all at the same time). So far, this is what I'm seeing:

NPC turns without moving - 2 frames
NPC moves without turning - 2 frames

I'm lost. I did search for other people's posts who have the same problem with this, followed the other people's advice, and it didn't even help at all. I really don't want to assume it's impossible for me to get an even frame without roamers. I'll need a bit of support on this...so any help would be appreciated...

Ok, I'm trying to hit an even frame while RNG'ing an Oblivia Deoxys wondercard on my Diamond, but it always comes up odd. I used up all the roamers, even waited for the NPC to turn without moving, and waited for the NPC to move without turning (not all at the same time). So far, this is what I'm seeing:

NPC turns without moving - 2 frames
NPC moves without turning - 2 frames

I'm lost. I did search for other people's posts who have the same problem with this, followed the other people's advice, and it didn't even help at all. I really don't want to assume it's impossible for me to get an even frame without roamers. I'll need a bit of support on this...so any help would be appreciated...

Frame can be hit even or odd. Are you talking about hitting your delay? Or really the frame?

If you're attempting to get the right frame (journal flips and such). Find a Pokemart that doesn't have any moving NPCs. I don't know of a place as I don't ever abuse in Diamond. So you'd have to ask someone else or look yourself.

But lets say your frame is 100. So you'd need to advance the frame 99 times. Say there are no frame advancing NPCs. You'd have to do 49 Journal flips and 128 steps with one Pokemon in your party, than talk to the guy and it should land on frame 100.

As for my question: when RNG'ing for the starters. If you got a shiny spread on that start, will it come up as shiny when picking the Pokemon up from the Pokeball?
I remember someone stating that it wouldn't.

Edit: Nevermind found my answer. Doing it myself actually. It would also seem as if Totodile is frame 8 for the Japanese version? I tried getting him while I was on frame 22, so that it would be frame 31 when I picked him up, but it seemed to be frame 30 that has his Iv's (which is why the quiet spread before him was highlighted). So I tried for frame 23 than pick him up, and that's the results. As you can see he is shiny when being picked up <3 Yay for shiny Jolly 31/31/31/29/31/31 Elm's totodile :D!

and the final product:

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Because it's wrong in a lot of places.

MTIVRNG is the number that tells you what IVs you'll get on the next capture or egg.

Finding the PID of a bred Pokémon, is that only possible by using RSEDecode (which doesn't work on Windows 7) or manually calculating the IVs or something?

Frame can be hit even or odd. Are you talking about hitting your delay? Or really the frame?

If you're attempting to get the right frame (journal flips and such). Find a Pokemart that doesn't have any moving NPCs. I don't know of a place as I don't ever abuse in Diamond. So you'd have to ask someone else or look yourself.
I meant the frame. I know how to hit even/odd delays, but anyway, I don't think there's a mart on top of my head that has no moving NPC's in D/P/Pt, but I know there's one in HG/SS, but it takes too long to get a high frame number (btw, when I RNG'd the Oblivia Heatran in HG, it took me 35 minutes to get to 388). Also, is it true that once you start the game, if the NPC moves without turning, it advances the frame by 1 and not 2?

@lord I find getting very high frames on SS easy and fast, all you need to do is use pokemon talk (top right, advances 14-18 frames) and radio seed to track where you end up. For example, I recently RNGed a flawless ditto on frame 5525 and it took ~10 minutes to advance the frame. Hope this helps.

I meant the frame. I know how to hit even/odd delays, but anyway, I don't think there's a mart on top of my head that has no moving NPC's in D/P/Pt, but I know there's one in HG/SS, but it takes too long to get a high frame number (btw, when I RNG'd the Oblivia Heatran in HG, it took me 35 minutes to get to 388). Also, is it true that once you start the game, if the NPC moves without turning, it advances the frame by 1 and not 2?
I can't get the RadioSeed program to work right for me, so I calculate about 15 frame advances per radio detuning to the top right channel. On my games, if I have a target of, for example, 468, I will divide that by 15 to get the number of detunings necessary. In this example, 468/15=31.2. So I remove 1 detuning from that figure and count 30 detunings. 30 * 15= 450. That will put me near the 450 frame, but probably not exactly on it. I do the detunings, then I use Elm calls to locate my exact position and do the remaining frame advancements using only Elm. The time it takes to get high frames is really small when you do this.

Never thought about using the radio to RNG, but I guess this is my only hope of getting frame 116...thanks for the help, Dark Ray and Riski, I'll see what I can do.

I would just find a different seed to use that has a target frame where you don't need to use an NPC for advancement. Roamers are obviously the easiest option, but you said you've used them up already. I've always found that when an NPC makes a single, stationary turn, it advances the frame 1 time. But if you're having trouble, a different seed would be the way to go. And you're correct about the marts, there are none in DPPt that are NPC-free.

Edit: And what Riski said is definitely the easiest way to do high frames in HGSS. It really only takes a few minutes to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)