Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Edwin: You get Clark, the bi-polar Spinda. Being bi-polar, you must teach it both Frustration and Return, and must use them each once against every gym leader and E4 member. It must also learn either Dizzy Punch/Teeter Dance because he's a confusing son of a bitch, and Shadow Ball for no damn good reason.

Enjoy!
I am horribly offended by this.

1.) My favorite pokemon is Spinda (tied with Koromori and Drifloon actually)
2.) My mom's bi-polar.

Not really serious but still.

Also, Random, can we give multiple Pokemon or no?

Guess who is working for their chemistry exam :)
But obviously it makes you happy. That is the first reasonable request I have seen in a while. And if it is above level 40, does that mean it can not have Bolt or Beam, or Bolt and Beam?
Glad someone could decipher which subject I was studying from the NN. I have actually been practicing, but I still have my doubts.

Anyways, clarification: above 40 means neither Bolt nor Beam. So you'll be stuck with Hydro Pump, Surf and Recover as the remaining viable moves, I guess. And Psychic, of course.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Updated.

@Treadshot: Already know what BoltBeam is (Thunderbolt & Ice Beam), Either I'm going to play Voltorb Flip a lot, or I'll have a monster with shite type coverage...

@chocolate-kipp: Not at the moment.

@yaya0: Much better. Thank you.

Alright post time.
@Edwin it must be holding a berry when the battle begins to attack a ghost (meaning you have to give it 1 to hold beforehand).
@biggie you can't revive fossils in HG until pewter city (aka post e4) so aero is impossible to get pre-e4.
I'll edit in my mono-psychic (yes psychic won) challenge in a sec.
EDIT: My mono-psychic scramble so far.
-Natu solo mortys gengar to evolve. (kipp) Solo a poison type with a psychic? easy!
-Slowking 1 attack, no stab. (random) Atleast it learns ice beam, also lvl1 slowking ftw!
-
Drowzee mono-psychic, solo rest of morty to evolve. (dummy) Damn you dummy, stealing A1s intellectual property like that.
-
Espeon evolve from bills eevee asap, only 1 attack. (galladiator) Seriously guys wtf is with these 1 attack pokemon?
-Gallade both stabs, can't ko non ghost/dark with stab. (biggie) Don't see how this helps with ghosts but ok (I guess it does get some good dark/ghost attacks). Also rock smash ftw!
-TBA Maybe something to cover my huge ghost weakness?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
you can't revive fossils in HG until pewter city (aka post e4) so aero is impossible to get pre-e4.
I am going post E4, going up until the final battle with Red. Also, take the Slowking I gave you a few pages back.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hmm...for my scramble, here's the plan.

Mudkip will solo the Treecko in the first two Rival battles, should be easy. Maybe also solo Sidney? That Cacturne'll be a problem... The routes will just be the first 5 of each type, except for Fiery Path. Wattson and Flannery=lol

Illumise will solo the third and fourth Rival battles. Moderately easy, though weak late game.

Loudred/Exploud will probably be the MVP, though somewhat annoying to solo the Aquamen!

Spinda will be worthless and annoying to keep as not the lowest Pokemon.

Gyarados will be moderately helpful, though the Thunderbolt Banette will be difficult.

Machoke...ugh, maybe this guy'll be the weakest Pokemon? Attract hax is the only thing going for it, especially late game.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ Dark Ray:

You get what you asked for, something to (somewhat) help with your weaknesses. It must always know at least 1 Psychic and 1 Fighting move. Also, it can never KO a non-Ghost or Dark pokemon with its STAB moves.

@Detroit I am glad I could give you a "worthless and annoying" pokemon, but please explain how a spinda with awesome tutor moves is "worthless"? (especially since it gets such good moves such as rollout and dynamic punch :P)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Thanks Dexington, put down as Variable.

Dark Ray, I think its because Spinda is slow as hell, pretty weak, and it's a Spinda.

As far as my Heart Gold Scramble is concerned, I need 12 more. :)

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ray: Anything with 60's across the base stat board is worthless

Random:
Take a Haunter. Have it solo Morty's Haunters. Hell, have it solo every Haunter it sees. Don't give it a move with Base Power above 79.99999999999999 (trolololol).

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
@ Dark Ray: You get Kadabra (or Alakazam if you can trade) which must never ever learn Shadow Ball. It also can not learn Miracle Eye. Enjoy.

Athenodoros

Smeargle, however, is forbidden for use in arguments. It is like Ditto in that all likenesses are forbidden. And even then, Smeargle is hopeless. It has base 5 attack or something, so all of the moves in the world wont help it.

Athenodoros

Well 20 is much better. That means that is between Chansey and Caterpie on the "Pokemon with worst attack stat ever" list, right?

Smeargle's attack is shit. I once sav'd a Jolly one (with 252 Attack EV's, focus sash, Belly Drum, Extremespeed) and it still did pitiful damage.

Anyways, back to scrambling, shall we?

Well, if I can give one...

Random, you get Yawn the Wooper ! Thanks to his name, this Pokemon is REALLY lazy.
If it appears Yawn blocks explosions, it must know and keep Yawn. If it absorbs Water-type moves, it has to keep Yawn and Rest. In order to evolve, let your Yawn use his ability 10 times successfully if it has Water absorb, or 5 times if it has Damp.

Have fun if it's chosen !

@Random: Take a Gligar. This Gligar has been reading too much horror and has convinced itself that it is Dracula! As such, it must always hold a Razor Fang (when possible). Until it arrives at Level 34, it refuses to learn or use status and special moves because 'Dracula didn't use those, so why should I?' However, at Level 34, it decides that Swords Dance is a move worthy of Dracula, so it must learn and keep it forever. Then it sees that it can learn Guillotine and determines to learn it, because it kills people. It must also keep Guillotine forever. It may evolve at any time (assuming you can get a Razor Fang), but it must eventually solo the epitome of goodness: Red's Pikachu.

Recap:
-Take a Gligar named either Dracula or BramStoker (Anne Rice if female).
-May never learn or use status or special moves until Level 34
-Must learn and keep Swords Dance (by level-up) forever
-Must hold a Razor Fang if possible
-Must learn and keep Guillotine forever
-Must solo Red's Pikachu

Enjoy!

Alright post time.
@Edwin it must be holding a berry when the battle begins to attack a ghost (meaning you have to give it 1 to hold beforehand).
@biggie you can't revive fossils in HG until pewter city (aka post e4) so aero is impossible to get pre-e4.
I'll edit in my mono-psychic (yes psychic won) challenge in a sec.
EDIT: My mono-psychic scramble so far.
-Natu solo mortys gengar to evolve. (kipp) Solo a poison type with a psychic? easy!
-Slowking 1 attack, no stab. (random) Atleast it learns ice beam, also lvl1 slowking ftw!
-Drowzee mono-psychic, solo rest of morty to evolve. (dummy) Damn you dummy, stealing A1s intellectual property like that.
-Espeon evolve from bills eevee asap, only 1 attack. (galladiator) Seriously guys wtf is with these 1 attack pokemon?
-Gallade both stabs, can't ko non ghost/dark with stab. (biggie) Don't see how this helps with ghosts but ok (I guess it does get some good dark/ghost attacks). Also rock smash ftw!
-TBA Maybe something to cover my huge ghost weakness?
Don't take that Kadabra/Alakazam that can't learn Miracle Eye nor Shadow Ball? Perhaps you can take this Girafarig, from Route 43. It must know both of its STAB's, and has to be used against a 'Mon of Will's that's not named Xatu

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Random, take a Miltank. It must know Sibstitute and can only use Normal moves.

Actually, Smeargle is suprisingly useful in-game. A set of Body Slam, Bullet Pucnh, Blaze Kick and Bulk Up was hard to beat.

Sorry atheno but that's actually the exact opposite of something to help my ghost weakness (I would have to rng hp ghost/dark >60 for it to be useful and i'm just too lazy to do that) so I am accepting pikas Girafarig.
The final team.
-Drowzee mono-psychic, solo rest of morty to evolve. (dummy) Damn you dummy, stealing A1s intellectual property like that.
-Espeon evolve from bills eevee asap, only 1 attack. (galladiator) Seriously guys wtf is with these 1 attack pokemon?
-Girafarig both stabs, use against will. (pika) Thank you for the ghost immunity.
Also 1 last thing *ahem* SMEARGLE IS AWESOME! *ahem* that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)