5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The location is the same between Black and White.

However, it appears Black and White both encrypt the seed slightly different, by adding different values to the message that eventually gets encrypted by SHA-1.

I just need to clear something here. :) I found a target time, 1/1/2010 5:00:07am; delay 2027, which is a C-Gear seed. Now since it's a C-Gear seed, the frame of my stationary legendary starts at frame 3, from what I've read here. I checked RNG reporter, frame 3 should have 9/16/8/22/3/22 IVs. Adjusted my DS' time, hit my delay, I got a different set of IVs instead of 9/16/8/22/3/2. I know I did hit my delay cause I checked it on time finder. Once I turn "on" the C-Gear in-game, would I really get a different set of IVs since all IVs will be transformed to C-Gear seed?

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just need to clear something here. :) I found a target time, 1/1/2010 5:00:07am; delay 2027, which is a C-Gear seed. Now since it's a C-Gear seed, the frame of my stationary legendary starts at frame 3, from what I've read here. I checked RNG reporter, frame 3 should have 9/16/8/22/3/22 IVs. Adjusted my DS' time, hit my delay, I got a different set of IVs instead of 9/16/8/22/3/2. I know I did hit my delay cause I checked it on time finder. Once I turn "on" the C-Gear in-game, would I really get a different set of IVs since all IVs will be transformed to C-Gear seed?
Edit: Oh sorry nvm, i thought all stationaries were 1, is the year on your ds correct?

3 is your starting frame for C-Gear seeds, then the stationary legend has a start frame of 1 so you should get the results for frame 4 not three.
Frame 3 seems to be the frame of Reshiram if you catch it without advancing frames. I've caught it multiple times now, and it's always on frame 3.

I haven't done any other legendaries yet, so I can't speak for them.

I just started and... I was somewhat confused with non C Gear abuse

1.Once in game, use the MTRNG Check code. Convert the decimal values to hex, and put them into RNG Reporter and generate the spread list.

Which part of RNG Reporter do I place it?

2.Is there a way to search for non C Gear spreads?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
A very concise guide to non-CGear RNG Abuse:

1. The MTIVRNG Check Code can be found here.
  2. Go to the Badge Screen.
  3. Press Select.
  4. Look at your Trainer Card.
  5. Convert your new $ Value to hex from decimal.
  6. Flip it over and convert your new ID to hex from decimal.
  7. Put these two together, cash right in front of ID, this is your MTIVRNG value.
  8. Open up RNG Reporter. Select Method 5.
  9. Paste your converted MTIVRNG value into the seed box.
  10. Press Generate.

99% of Captures of any kind, Fossil, and gift mons will have IVs that start on frames 1,2,3,4,5,6 in that order.
Your roamer's IVs will start on frames 2,3,4,7,5,6 in that order.
Eggs will get their base IVs starting on frames 8,9,10,11,12,13 in that order.
Kaphotics made a very useful Excell program that will let you sort through thousands upon thousands of IV frames from researcher in mere moments.

Withdrawing a mon from your PC advances your starting IV frame by 7.
Walking 128 steps in any area advances your starting IV frame by the number of mons in your party.

There is currently no way to search for non-CGear seeds, beyond manually starting your game, checking the MTIVRNG, plugging that into RNG Reporter, and repeating. OD, Kaphotics, and Bond are working on it though. They'll have it soon. However, In looking at around 60 consecutive seconds over 3-4 days I personally came across 5 or so great seeds with easy to hit frames and completely usable IVs.

Go to the Badge Screen.
Press Select.
Look at your Trainer Card.
Convert your new $ Value to hex from decimal.
Flip it over and convert your new ID to hex from decimal.
Put these two together, cash right in front of ID, this is your MTIVRNG value.
Open up researcher.
Set it to Right Shift custom 1 by 27.
Paste your converted MTIVRNG value into the seed box.
Press Generate.
99% of Captures of any kind, Fossil, and gift mons will have IVs that start on frames 1,2,3,4,5,6 in that order.
Your roamer's IVs will start on frames 2,3,4,7,5,6 in that order.
Eggs will get their base IVs starting on frames 8,9,10,11,12,13 in that order.
Withdrawing a mon advances your starting IV frame by 7.
Walking 128 steps advances your starting IV frame by the number of mons in your party.
Thanks! I am gonna give it a try tommorow.
There might some details I might don't understand, but it's too late at my timezone to think anything now :P

Edit: Response to question#2?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
e: nevermind, i'm bad at reading. :)

would you happen to have a copy of white and an AR? if so, there's something i'd like you to try.

I'm confused as to how you hit your C-gear seed. Particularly when I'm supposed to press A on the C-gear activation screen.

So I set the time on the two-stage timer and synch it with the DS time 1 minute before the target. Do I enter the game when the first timer ends and press A on the C-gear screen for the second timer? I just want to know what I'm supposed to do for each timer stage.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
you're supposed to hit your date and time when soft resetting. you're supposed to hit your delay when turning on the cgear.(literally, when hitting "yes" to turn on the cgear in-game). i'd avoid starting the cgear at the continue screen because it's harder to time. you should say no at the continue screen and then start it in-game.

A very concise guide to non-CGear RNG Abuse:

1. The MTIVRNG Check Code can be found here.
  2. Go to the Badge Screen.
  3. Press Select.
  4. Look at your Trainer Card.
  5. Convert your new $ Value to hex from decimal.
  6. Flip it over and convert your new ID to hex from decimal.
  7. Put these two together, cash right in front of ID, this is your MTIVRNG value.
  8. Open up researcher.
  9. Set it to Right Shift custom 1 by 27.
  10. Paste your converted MTIVRNG value into the seed box.
  11. Press Generate.
Maybe it's a dumb question but what do you mean in step 9 ?
Or maybe someone else could answer?

If you go in Researcher, you'll see an option called custom, which you should make sure is chosen by clicking the tiny circle. Then you put 1 in the first box and 27 in the second box for that option.

Thanks, I just tested it with Cabaldon and the Ivs matched (frame 1)so everything looks fine.

So basically I just have to be lucky and "find" a good MTIVRNG value with 4/5 31s right?

That's pretty much it. I haven't started doing it yet. Been playing with c-gear seeds instead, but good luck with your search. :-)

If you go in Researcher, you'll see an option called custom, which you should make sure is chosen by clicking the tiny circle. Then you put 1 in the first box and 27 in the second box for that option.
Uh... Can I select Method 5 at the main window, plug in the seed and search instead? Because the numbers generated in the researcher don't make much sense for me...

If you mean on time finder, using method five only gives c-gear seeds, as far as I know.

I can't explain Researcher's results window since I haven't gotten around to searching for non c-gear seeds, so someone more experienced with it will have to help us out.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
  1. Open up researcher.
  2. Set it to Right Shift custom 1 by 27.
  3. Paste your converted MTIVRNG value into the seed box.
  4. Press Generate.
You no longer have to do this. Just put the value you got from the code into the main window (with Method 5 picked) and it'll show you the IVs for each frame.

Method 5 works for both C-Gear and non C-Gear seeds. It's just that you can't use the Time Finder to search for non-C-Gear seeds yet.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
One of the biggest pains with c-gear catching is the lack of being able to verify our seed before catching, unless there's a discovered new way to do it.

One tip I am doing lately is this: if my target pokemon needs the max speed at say 118 (jolly virizion with 31 speed), I have a pokemon with just 1 speed point less (117 speed for a jolly natu) and a neutral move and if my pokemon gets outsped then I'm 95+% sure I got it at least rather than wasting 10+ minutes just to discover I missed it.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you hit your C-Gear seed the value should be the same if you were to hit it again.

Other than that, still no verification.

Azure Demon

So let me get this right I set my time a minute ahead of where I need to be so in this case 8:59 set a stage two timer SR when the first timer goes off then I enter and activate the C-gear(in game not at continue screen)when the second one goes off?
Here is my info

Seed:1c71fcfc
Frame:64
IV's: 30/31/30/14/30/31
Date: 1/1/2010
Time:9:00:27
Advances needed:61

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 32)