A Fresh Start: A VGC 2011 Tournament Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

A Fresh Start: A VGC 2011 Tournament
Approved by Alaka

Now that the VGC 2011 rules have been released in Japan and they have always been the same in other parts of the world, it is time for us to start preparing so Smogon can bring back another World Championship (as well as many National and Regional titles). In order to prepare people for VGCs, this tournament will be styled closely to VGC tournaments in the past years. In the top 6 matches will become best 2 out of 3. This will hopefully better prepare people for the later rounds of the actual VGC tournaments. The final round will be a Round Robin between the 3 finalists.

Rules
  • Doubles Clause: All matches with be held with Doubles format, with two Pokemon out on each side at a time.
  • 4v4 Clause: A player may only bring 4 Pokemon into a battle.
  • VGC Team Registration Clause: You must use the same six Pokemon and same six items throughout the entire tournament. Pokemon's natures, stats, and moves must remain the same throughout, however, items can be switched among the six Pokemon.
  • Fresh Start Clause: Only Pokemon from the Isshu Pokedex can be used. This begins at #494 in the National Pokedex
  • Item Clause: No 2 Pokemon on the same team can carry the same item when entering battle. It is fine if an item held by another Pokemon is Tricked onto a Pokemon.
  • Level 50 Cap: All Pokemon will be leveled down to level 50 if they are above, but Pokemon are allowed to be lower than level 50.
  • Species Clause: No two Pokemon can be the same, such as having 2 Zoroark's on a team.
  • Dream World Clause: Only released Dream World Pokemon may be used.
  • Uber Clause: Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem may not be brought into battle.
  • Event Clause: Victini, Melodia, Kerudo, and Genosect may not be brought into battle.

Partcipants

1. Ditto [3395-9605-2976]
  2. Huy [xxxx-xxxx-xxxx]
  3. Alaka [xxxx-xxxx-xxxx]
  4. UPPERDECKER [0475-3670-4106]
  5. andrea [3825-4018-1031]
  6. JTK [3353-0063-0134]
  7. sandman [3911-3111-3591]
  8. ~Golden Emp [xxxx-xxxx-xxxx]
  9. Cybertron [xxxx-xxxx-xxxx]
  10. WeGee [3481-8845-6331]
  11. Crimson assassin [1334-4112-9350]
  12. Zetta [xxxx-xxxx-xxxx]
  13. RubeNCB92 [xxxx-xxxx-xxxx]
  14. Expert Evan [2493-9641-2031]
  15. Killah [ 1720-8800-3223]
  16. drug_duck [xxxx-xxxx-xxxx]
  17. Unreality [4126-0739-8416]
  18. LightningFusion [xxxx-xxxx-xxxx]
  19. reklaw_vahn [3267-1677-8964]
  20. Blazin Kickin Chicken [xxxx-xxxx-xxxx]
  21. Shinkou [2193-3260-7233]
  22. Sixonesix [1549-0697-4551]

NOTE: While the round has started, I will still take 2 more person for the tournament and a couple substitutes after that person.
DEADLINE: Monday December 20th, 2010 11:59pm EST
Ditto vs drug duck
Expert Evan vs Huy
Cybertron vs Crimson assassin
JTK vs Alaka
Blazin Kickin Chicken vs Sixonesix
sandman vs RubeNCB92
andrea vs Shinkou
WeGee vs Zetta
Killah vs Unreality
LightingFusion vs UPPERDECKER
reklaw vahn vs ~GoldenEmp

I'm forfeiting as of now. I can't really make it by Monday with all the stuff I have going on. You could move my opponent to vs. Sixonesix though. But, he wins, I forfeit.

still no answer to the pm i sent zetta as a matter of fact, he hasnt had any activity since he posted saying he was entering :/ posted a wall on his page if he doesnt respond by tommorow can i advance?

Sorry for my absence, have been really busy. I am available for battle now.

Also, is it bring 6 and pick 4 or is it bring 4 only? I know it says 4v4 clause in the rules but can't you also bring 6 and then pick your fighting four in the selection screen before the battle?

Sorry for my absence, have been really busy. I am available for battle now.

Also, is it bring 6 and pick 4 or is it bring 4 only? I know it says 4v4 clause in the rules but can't you also bring 6 and then pick your fighting four in the selection screen before the battle?

Yes...

This is an activity post. I can reliably be contacted through AIM (auronzeroo) or through MSN (dimension_blast_000@hotmail.com).

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, we had a horrible showing for Round 1. I gave drug duck and Wegee activity wins, but all others were decided by coin flip.

Posting Round 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)