Shell Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player 1: GLHF.
Player 2: GLHF.

Player 2: Gorebyss uses Shell Break.
(Gorebyss' White Herb negated the stat drops)

Player 1: Generic lead uses SR.

Player 2: Gorebyss uses Baton Pass.

Player 1: Got Away Safely.

Player 1: GG
Player 2: GG

shell break has bad distribution for a reason. Its like not giving head smash to aero lol
Lol, like aero would ever get head smash(despite having rock head) zuruzukin has a harder head and I find that hilarious!

On topic:shell smash is like the best setup move ever...has anyone tried pawing it to a strong mixed sweeper like sazandora(who also learns head smash :P) or salamence?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Player 1: GLHF.
Player 2: GLHF.

Player 2: Gorebyss uses Shell Break.
(Gorebyss' White Herb negated the stat drops)

Player 1: Generic lead uses SR.

Player 2: Gorebyss uses Baton Pass.

Player 1: Got Away Safely.

Player 1: GG
Player 2: GG
...The moment the opponent sees you have a Gorebyss in your team is the moment it's hunted down. No one would ever set up SR on Miss Gore.

Lol, like aero would ever get head smash(despite having rock head) zuruzukin has a harder head and I find that hilarious!

On topic:shell smash is like the best setup move ever...has anyone tried pawing it to a strong mixed sweeper like sazandora(who also learns head smash :P) or salamence?
Infernape used ASSIST. Infernape used Shell Smash. Increase your chances with Iwaperasu, Cloyster, and Smeargle!

Screens Kyuremu still isn't far too reliable.I would much rather use something like Doexys-S or perhaps Voltlos if you wanted and it can switch to the necessary mon with Volt change as well.And as Mario with lasers said the sole reason its so hard to set up Shell Smashes is the large hype they received so everybody pretty much knows that you are gona set up.

This move would be totally amazing, but everyone is just SO scared of it. No one ever switches, deciding just to attack you while you try to set up. For that reason, I've found Omastar (In the Rain) to be the best user. I come in on something I'd (Normally) scare out. I've never once seen someone switch, so I generally just go for the attack and KO. Once they see LO, they assume I'm running a standard attacking set. Then I set-up late game.

It's still far too unreliable of a move. It's hard to set up when everyone just attacks you.

why cant learn shuckle shell break? cloyster (and maybe omastar but 2nd one is not really seen much) is broken but whats so evil with anatonist shuckle + shell break?

Screens Kyuremu still isn't far too reliable.I would much rather use something like Doexys-S or perhaps Voltlos if you wanted and it can switch to the necessary mon with Volt change as well.And as Mario with lasers said the sole reason its so hard to set up Shell Smashes is the large hype they received so everybody pretty much knows that you are gona set up.
How would Deoxy-S be more reliable than Kyurem? Voltlos also by the way does not learn either Reflect or Light Screen, it learns Rain Dance. Kyurem is far bulkier than Deoxys and despite the meh speed, it will outrun slower things and more likely, they'll try to switch to Scizor or something to eat your Dragon/Ice Attack while you Reflect. Actually, Kyurem would be very helpful on Rain Dance teams, getting the resistance to fire back, already having a resistance to water with high bulk and good special defense and Light Screen as well as being very threatening. And behind Reflect, you can ev Kyurem to survive 2 Choice Band Scizor Bullet Punches even after Stealth Rock damage, although you'd probably be switching to something like say Kingdra or your Shell Breaker. Kyurem will also defend against those electric and grass attacks for your breaker and threaten opposing dragons (laughing at them after Reflect/Light Screen). It handles Nattorei better, could be a paralysis absorber (its better for Kyurem to take it than a valuable Swift Swimmer) and could actually threaten Brijion although it will need Screen up to surve Focus Blast/Close Combat due to speed.

Actually thinking about it, Kyurem would be a phenomenal poke on rain teams, turns Hail against the opponent as well as protecting you with Screens, can lol set up Rain dance as well (for a huge surprise), takes care of Birijion/Nattorei which are two big pain in the butts for rain, it's counters aren't great against rain really (Scizor's Bullet Punch is resisted and all swift swimmers can pretty much likely kill Breloom), absorbs electric/grass/water....

I did have fun running Shell Smash Magcargo in the sun. Fun times for all, and it is priceless to sweep with a fuckin MAGCARGO of all things.

Then again this is the gen where Bidoof can sweep an OU team...

I did have fun running Shell Smash Magcargo in the sun. Fun times for all, and it is priceless to sweep with a fuckin MAGCARGO of all things.

Then again this is the gen where Bidoof can sweep an UBER team...
Fixed. I've seen logs of Bidoofs sweeping Ubers, such as Groundon and freinds.

But, yeah, this topic is de-railing. And yes, Shell Smash is possibly the most broken move ever, and if it was given to something that had decent offenses or speed [But not too decent, otherwise, you'd take the hit at -2 def] in the first place, it would be a ticket to Uber.

As it stands, most Shell Smashers are easily held in check by Roopushin, even with White Herb. They're either too frail initially, or weak to Fighting.

why cant learn shuckle shell break? cloyster (and maybe omastar but 2nd one is not really seen much) is broken but whats so evil with anatonist shuckle + shell break?
Because it would be B-R-O-K-E-N. Boosting (thanks to Antagonist) both defenses while lowering your crap stats... If Shuckle had Shell Smash, the following set would be unbeatable outside of crits and Taunt users.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Antagonist
Nature: Bold / Impish
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Power Share
- Toxic
- Rest

Shell Smash, under Antagonist, SHARPLY lowers Attack and Sp.Attack, thereby increasing Power Share's crippling power (of course use Power Share after the Shell Smashes). Toxic is for non-Steels and Poisons and Rest increases your staying power. Obviously, this set is designed for Sandstorm teams.

And yes, logically, it should've learnt this move (just look at it, it's a turtle...).

Fixed. I've seen logs of Bidoofs sweeping Ubers, such as Groundon and freinds.

But, yeah, this topic is de-railing. And yes, Shell Smash is possibly the most broken move ever, and if it was given to something that had decent offenses or speed [But not too decent, otherwise, you'd take the hit at -2 def] in the first place, it would be a ticket to Uber.

As it stands, most Shell Smashers are easily held in check by Roopushin, even with White Herb. They're either too frail initially, or weak to Fighting.
Too bad standard roob can't OHKO -1 def cloyster while cloyster OHKOs it with +2 icicle spear. Too bad cloyster also OHKOs standard breloom with +2 ice shard. Cloyster sweeps teams. The number of counters to it are ridiculously low.

Too bad my idea of a Standard Roob is Protect + Guts + Status Orb. It ensures the OHKO on several things such as Dory, and Cloyster, and generally makes a better revege killer/late game cleaner than any other Roob set, except CB, which you have addittional flexibilty over.

Seriously, Bulk Up Roob is nice and all, but with the buffed Drain Punch, such bulk, attack power, and Mach Punch, Roob is a perfect candiate for a Guts + Status Orb set. Why more people don't use it is beyond me. When I use it, I usually get 2 or 3 kills a game with it...

Hell, I used that Roob to check Darkrai back when he was still allowed. Protect on the Dark Void, then OHKO with Mach Punch.

I have been getting great results using a Focus Sashed Cloyster with Shell Break as a lead. It takes an attack, it stats up, and it takes out a good chunk of the opposing teams. Only things that can stop it are priorities, and I take care of them by switching in Gengar(or another ghost) for Normal and Fighting moves and, in the case of Bullet Punch, Blaziken ( resist and free Speed Boost turn)

I hope that Shell Break is going to be spread more evenly to those who deserve it in 6th gen (If there is one,)

Here is some users I want to have Shell Break

-Shuckle
-Torterra
-Blastoise
-Clamperl (For the Pure lulz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)