5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Did you change your firmware or anything else on your cart?

Did you change your DS?

Did you (not) use an AR as opposed to before?

Only way the DSID could change...

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't know if this is old news or if i'm doing something wrong, but after failing to catch the right gorugo(ground/ghost clay giant thing) with my C-Gear seed in the dragon spiral tower multiple times, i tested to see if i was hitting the right frame by starting the game with the cgear off. I used the MTRNG code and RNG reporter verifying what frame i caught the pokemon and whenever i entered the dragon spiral tower with the C-Gear off, it seems to advance the frame by the number of pokemon in my party. I know i wasn't walking 128 steps because i used a repel to count my steps.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't know if this is old news or if i'm doing something wrong, but after failing to catch the right gorugo(ground/ghost clay giant thing) with my C-Gear seed in the dragon spiral tower multiple times, i tested to see if i was hitting the right frame by starting the game with the cgear off. I used the MTRNG code and RNG reporter verifying what frame i caught the pokemon and whenever i entered the dragon spiral tower with the C-Gear off, it seems to advance the frame by the number of pokemon in my party. I know i wasn't walking 128 steps because i used a repel to count my steps.
If you save on say step 68, it's still on step 68 when you start. At least that was my understanding. So you don't have to walk 128 steps, just 60.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does that mean I lied and it doesn't save the step number?
It does save the step number.

But if you walk only 128 steps, you can guarantee that the RNG will only be advanced by the number of party Pokemon once, and not twice on accident.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
It really is important to only walk the required number of steps. One time I wasted like 4 hours on Azelf because I was set up in a way that I had to walk one extra step and I was actually accidentally tripping the step counter twice. @_@

Just a quick question,
If a npc moves does it advance your frame?
I think it only advances the PID or something like that, but the frame should stay the same.

Is there still the delay problem where depending what year, your delay will always come out to be odd or even? Just wondering because I keep hitting odd delays, but I want a even delay. I could have hit my seed on the second try too if it wasn't for 1 delay above. >_>
The target year is 2010 by the way.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Apparently what people are doing right now is to start hundreds if not thousands of game saves on an emulator, then saving hatching an egg, checking it's PID, sorting through all those saves for an ID/SID to make it shiny, then finally trading it to and hatching it in that save.

If I understand correctly.

We don't currently have a way to target PID frames that will give shinies.

Apparently what people are doing right now is to start hundreds if not thousands of game saves on an emulator, then saving hatching an egg, checking it's PID, sorting through all those saves for an ID/SID to make it shiny, then finally trading it to and hatching it in that save.

If I understand correctly.

We don't currently have a way to target PID frames that will give shinies.
That makes sense. That seems like a lot of work...
Also do I have to change the year to get odd delays, like how it was in 4th gen. games?

Did you change your firmware or anything else on your cart?

Did you change your DS?

Did you (not) use an AR as opposed to before?

Only way the DSID could change...
I did update the cart's firmware and have tried returning to the old firmware suspecting it to be the culprit but the old Firmware and all of it's components seem to be a bit hard to find so I can't verify.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I've got a great non-CGear seed that gives high IVs at a decently low frame. I've also been saving inside the Daycare and saving my game multiple times before stepping outside and quickly picking up the egg to get the inheritance/PID I want. It's been preeeeeety consistent, and I've been using it for a while, but I really need to plot out the PID/Inheritance frames incase I get something later that I need a specific ability for.

My thought for plotting out the frames would be to just save inside, hit my seed, don't save, then walk straight out, without even advancing my IV frames, and quickly accept the egg. Then hatch and find where the IVs came from. Repeat this, but with one save, then two, then three, etc untill I find all I need.

The only question I have is wether or not, NOT taking the time to advance my IV frame inside the daycare will have some kind of effect on the RMNPCs or my PID/Inheritance Frame in general? I don't really think so, but I just thought I'd ask.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There's one guy in the daycare that has the possibility to move. NPC actions are dependent on the NPID RNG I believe, so if you hit the same seed he will move the same amount. When you do the saving things, it will take a little while for the game to use that new seed to tell the guy when and where to move.

So long as you are speedily consistent with your MTRNG advancements, and quick enough saving/pausing and exiting, there really shouldn't be any difference in the RMNPCs / Inheritance.

tldr no, other than the NPC inside the daycare advancing while you walk.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
There's one guy in the daycare that has the possibility to move....tldr no, other than the NPC inside the daycare advancing while you walk.
Wait... the bald dude? He advances the RNG? I'm like staring at him and he isn't moving. You sure?

[edit]
Nah, I think he might not advance the PID/Inheritance frames. 1) I didn't see him move after watching him for a full minute, and 2) after waiting 60 seconds I stepped out the door and got the same egg. Or if he does, gawd he's slow!

A: Adamant (Everstone) 05 / 06 / 18 / 11 / 17 / 17
B: .............................. 26 / 02 / 07 / 09 / 28 / 29
Base: ......................... 31 / 05 / 23 / 18 / 23 / 22 (Target: 31 / 30 / 31 / 5 / 30 / 31)

00 Saves:
Reset #1) 31 / 6 / 23 / 9 / 17 / 22, so 31 / A / 23 / B / A / 22, (Target: 31 / A / 31 / B / A / 31) Adamant, Super Luck PID:56803 19607
Reset #2) 31 / 6 / 23 / 9 / 17 / 22, so 31 / A / 23 / B / A / 22, (Target: 31 / A / 31 / B / A / 31) Adamant, Super Luck PID:56803 19607
Reset #3) 31 / 6 / 23 / 9 / 17 / 22, so 31 / A / 23 / B / A / 22, (Target: 31 / A / 31 / B / A / 31) Adamant, Super Luck PID:56803 19607(pausing 60 seconds from final yes at Continue)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
No prob, but I actually did just find something weird...

On those 3 resets up there, I:
1) started my game, had been saved in front of the computer
2) immediately confirmed my MTIVRNG with the Check Code
3) on resets 1 and 2 I ran straight out the door
4) immediately collected my egg, hatched, and checked it's info

Except for Reset #3 where I waited 60 seconds before checking my MTIVRNG and running out the door, etc.

However, on all 3 resets (as has been my experience thus far) I got the exact same egg.

This time, instead of just running straight out the door, I:
1) started my game, had been saved in front of the computer
2) immediately confirmed my MTIVRNG with the Check Code
3) closed out the badge and immediately opened the computer
4) Withdrew mons 96 times to move me toward my target frame
5) Exited the computer and immediately began walking 128 steps (Repel to count) with 4 mons to finish advancing my IV frame.
6) Immediately walked out the door, collected my egg, yaddayadda

got a different egg:

31 / 30 / 31 / 11 / 17 / 17, so 31 / 30 / 31 / A / A / A, Quirky, Pidgeon Heart, PID: 39606 32852

I guess this could just be the NPCs outside advancing it by like 1 more frame... or something I did differently up there did... something? I'll repeat it a few times, but if memory serves me correctly that's a frame I got on 0 saves and advancing my frame consistently before.

Is there a possible chance that there will be a video showing how this is done? To be honest, I'm more of a visual learner and watching bearfan's HGSS RNG really helped me out. I'm sure there's some visual learners out there too. :)

Is there a possible chance that there will be a video showing how this is done? To be honest, I'm more of a visual learner and watching bearfan's HGSS RNG really helped me out. I'm sure there's some visual learners out there too. :)
I might make one for C-Gear, but only for Desmume. It's almost the same process, just without a two-staged timer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)