Dasutodasu (QC Approved 0/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done. Needs feedback and critique
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/569.shtml

[Overview]

Ok, at first glance, you can see it's not that good, you see he's just a garbage bag, you see he's ugly , but it can be a good sweeper, spiker, and wall. Only has a x2 weaknesses to psychic and ground.

[SET]
name: Spiker
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Toxic spikes
move 3: protect / attract
move 4: explosion
item: Black Sludge / balloon
ability: Aftermath
nature: jolly
evs: atk 12 / 124 Def / 124 SpD / 248 Spe

Set Comments:

- use spikes, toxic spikes, then end with a bang.

- if you choose attract over protect, use it first and then spike your foe.

Additional Comments:

- balloon over Black Sludge if lead. if not a lead, black sludge.

Teammates & Counters:

- for this set, best teammates are heatran counters, ground types and fire types. what poison can't do to steel types, fire and ground pokemon can.

- heatran counters it hands down. no mutant garbage bag can KO heatran before it kills it.

[Team Options]
Any heatran counter, or steel counters work well with Dasu.

[Optional Changes]
because of his only job as a spiker he doesn't need that many changes with his moveset.

[Counters]
it's biggest counter is the steel type pokemon, specially heatran. Only way to counter it is with focus blast / HP ground (and even if he did that it would still wouldn't 1HKO, it would take about 3-4 hits to KO heatran). Now there are some psychic and ground types that can 1HKO Dasutodasu, i.e swampert, doryuuzu, warubiaru, or nattorei, to say the least.

[Dream World]
Dasutodasu gets Aftermath as a DW ability.
When he faints his foe loses 25% of its health. thats a good ability if you can't finish spiking.

sir azelf, i did make toxic spikes/spikes set, its just that i didnt put it here yet. EDIT: i just put it now

Flashrider57: i changed it as you said

A Jolly nature with any investment isn't really worth it, since with 170 Speed you do not outspeed any particular threats. I'd suggest using either Bold or Calm nature to further bolster your defenses. Also slash Venom Shock with Sludge Bomb.

This is a minor but it is better to get it cleared out of the way now rather than later:

The EV spread order should always be:

HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe

Good job!!

somalia: changed errors. thanks, any other reviews are also welcome

EDIT (11-nov): because my brother is in the hospital and has some severe coma, this analyses will be hopefully finished by sunday (if the coma doesnt get any worse). any questions, VM me
(12-nov): doctor said he's recovering so im gonna have this afternoon to do it

Why do you make Breakable Armour seem to be a good ability? This Pokémon is obviously more defensively oriented and as such, increasing his Speed stat has little to no use when it lowers his Defense. I think that Stench, although it does nothing, is the superior ability because it does not hurt him like Breakable Armour does. Furthermore, if Aftermath is actually legal now (which I am not sure of) it should be the #1 ability. Doing a free 25% damage to a Pokémon who kills you is not bad at all.

I don't understand why all of these SpA sets are listed as its SpA is a meager base 60! . This only realistic use of this dumpster diver is a bulky Spiker, and as so I recommend this set...

name: Bulky Spiker
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Toxic Spikes
move 3: Gunk Shot
move 4: Body Slam / Payback / Haze
item: Leftovers
ability: Stench / Aftermath (only if it is legal)
nature: Impish
evs: 204 HP / 252 Def / 54 SpD

The EVs reach a leftovers number while the rest are put into his defenses for good bulk. The reason it is Defensive and not Specially Defensive is because the majority of his resistances are mostly physical attacks: Fighting, Poison, and Bug. His other resistance is Grass and you can sponge an Energy Ball and scare off whatever Grass Pokémon it is anyways with STAB Gunk Shot. It sucks that this thing doesn't learn Poison Jab, so Gunk Shot will have to do. For the last slot, Body Slam is great to provide paralysis support on Levitating / Flying Pokémon because all of these Pokémon hate it (Gyarados, Latias, Salamence, Flygon etc...) and Payback is basically his only other physical option besides Gunk Shot and Body Slam / Return, and, as you will usually be going last, it will have 100 base power most of the time. Haze is an OK move if you want it I guess, and he doesn't have any other good options, really.
Black Sludge usually isn't a great item unless you are playing under item clause because if something tricks you, they now have a dangerous item to trick to another of your Pokémon.

"Not much to comment on" isn't a really good way to start off a description. Even if they are short, I suggest taking all of those out. It makes you sound like you don't know what you're doing.

Thanks for doing my personal favorite poke, it was sad to see it picked almost last. I'm disappointed with the mediocre stats they gave such a beastly looking monster.

I can only get away with it in PO where most pokemon end up male by oversight, but attract has been helping mine out a lot with spiking, and I never get tired of making a Hippowdon or a Politoed fall in love with a festering mound of decaying filth.

Her ability to attack is so poor after maximizing defenses that I don't bother anymore, just attract, toxic spikes, spikes, and clear smog if they're trying to set up. Balloon has also saved her ass from leads with EQ. Players either fail to realize the immunity and give me a free turn, or have to pop the balloon with something ineffective first anyway.

I did manage to sweep half a team with a curse set, but that was a huge stroke of (deliciously satisfying) luck ending in a forfeit.

[Overview]

Ok, at first glance, you can see it's not that good, you see he's just a garbage bag, you see he's ugly , but it can be a good sweeper, spiker, and wall. Only has a x2 weaknesses to psychic and ground.

[Optional Changes]
because of his only job as a spiker he doesn't need that many changes with his moveset.
You can't call him versatile in one sentence, and then not versatile in another. You should either be more specific in the "Optional Changes" section or rephrase that first sentence.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Although I haven't used this pokemon much, your comments need a lot of expansion. Apparently all I should do with the set is "use Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and end with a bang." Try explaining where it can setup those Spikes/TSpikes, and when it should use its other moves.

Second, all I see in that set in "Spikes/TSpikes/filler/filler." Besides the fact that Aftermath hasn't been released yet, and thus should only be mentioned in the "Dream World" section for now, the entire set has no point. Why should I use this over, say, Skarmory, or Forretress? The set Shnoogle proposed seems to have much more merit than the one in the OP, as it makes use of its passable attack and access to support moves like Haze.

Also, Attract is a gimmick and should not be used, due to its reliance upon the opponent being the opposite gender. And what is Protect supposed to do? Balloon is also useless, as it's easily broken, and Dasutodasu is unable to do anything important with that one turn as the opponent breaks the Balloon.

This analysis needs a major rewrite; I'd suggest using the set Shnoogle proposed as a base, and writing some constructive comments based upon the description he already gave, as well as writing useful Team Options and whatnot.

Yep, definitely seconding everything cosmicexplorer said. Sorry, but this just isn't a good write up, plus both Attract and Protect are bad options.

Curse, Rock Polish, Rock Blast, Clear Smog, and Stockpile should at least be mentioned in the Optional Changes section. Right now, it's barren.

I'm also agreeing with the above posts. Your set isn't up to par. Shnoogle's set is probably making the most use out of this guy.

This guy doesn't get Clear Smog? That's too bad. Haze is the way to go in terms of neutering stat boosters then. My favorite option for support is Body Slam.

I'll go along with the Shnoogle set group and request you add that when you have time (you sound busy).

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
This guy doesn't get Clear Smog? That's too bad. Haze is the way to go in terms of neutering stat boosters then. My favorite option for support is Body Slam.

I'll go along with the Shnoogle set group and request you add that when you have time (you sound busy).
He got it, but isn't even listed as an option in the OP.

This thread isn't good. The format is wrong, the comments are too shallow and there are a lot of options Dasutodasu can use that aren't even in the OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)