Cool Rain

Hello and welcome to a new exiting episode, of “Forum Warstories”. Last time, nothing, since this is my first warstory. But similar to how a girl always remembers her first time, im hoping you remember my first time… making a warstory that is. Wait, huh? Screw it never mind. I dont normally go by Time Wizard on PO, usually just by random nicknames. My opponents name will be removed for privacy. On with the battle.

Note: I know there is no after play percentages, however I am shit with math and even shittier with remembering things so that will have to come after.

Here are the expendables right here. I like to think of Jolteon as my Stallone.

My commentary is presented in Boldnicolor

(bad Technicolor joke at the beginning, smooth)

Battle between Time Wizard and John Doe started!

Tier: Dream World OU
Variation: +7, -24
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

My pokemon is on the left while my opponents is on the right

John Doe sent out Politoed!
Time Wizard sent out Jolteon!
The foe's Politoed's Drizzle made it rain!

The thing about my team is that in the team viewer, Metagross is in the first position, leading people to believe I start out with the standard Gross lead. However, my real lead is specs Jolteon who I use to Volt Change and scout stuff out. I used to use scarf Genosect in this same regard as a lead but I wanted a team that leaned more towards Standard OU. It doesn’t actually fit Std OU though, cause Technician Breloom is just too sexy to pass up. But I digress, on with the battle.

Start of turn 1
Jolteon used Shadow Ball!
The foe's Politoed lost 30% of its health!

The foe's Politoed used Hypnosis!
Jolteon fell asleep!

Rain continues to fall!

Ok I can already see you facepalming and granted, its deserved. Seeing Ditto on my opponent’s team, I thought it would switch into my Volt Change and get a free hit on me. Im pretty paranoid like that. Sure its pretty early to be overpredicting stuff, but hey, if I was my opponent, I would’ve done the exact same thing. Politoed takes a Shadow Ball like a brick wall takes a punch and im left with a sleeping Jolteon in the rain. Hoping to save Jolt later, I switch into my 252 hp/sp def Tentacruel.

Start of turn 2
Time Wizard called Jolteon back!
Time Wizard sent out Tentacruel!

John Doe called Politoed back!
John Doe sent out Ditto!

The foe's Ditto transformed into Tentacruel!
Rain continues to fall!

*as tentacruel

Uhhh, ok? I have no idea why he switched into Ditto. Maybe my crazy overpredictions were delayed by a minute? Anyways since im faster, I get the switch in first which is awesome since my Tentacruel pretty much walls itself. I run Boil Over, Ice Beam, Toxic Spikes, and a certain mystery move that plays very key in this match. So much so, that without it, I most definitely would’ve lost. I figure this is as good a time as any to spike the punch bowl with some Toxic.

Start of turn 3
The foe's Ditto used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of Time Wizard's team!

Tentacruel used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of John Doe's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 4
The foe's Ditto used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of Time Wizard's team!

Tentacruel used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of John Doe's team!

Rain continues to fall!

I really didn’t mind my opponent getting up two layers of T.Spikes since not only do I have somebody already statused, but a steel type who can both switch in and out. He’s obviously gonna have to switch out since 99% of Dittos are scarfed (the 1% is me with my sash Ditto, but that’s for another battle) and even if he wasn’t, he couldn’t do anything to me. The main problem, is that hes seen my secret weapon on Tentacruel, so im gonna have to take that knowledge with me during the battle and try to be one step ahead. I fully know that he won’t use it though for reasons you'll find out. Anywhootie and the blowfish, I decide to save my weapon, forgetting that he knows about it, and switch into Jolteon to try to get his lazy ass up for finals.

Start of turn 5

John Doe called Ditto back!
John Doe sent out Scizor!

Time Wizard called Tentacruel back!

Rain continues to fall!

He switches into a Scizor, which is pretty lolwut since I resist BP, U-turn and Superpower which 99.9% of Scizors have. I being Tentacruel, not Jolteon. However im gonna have to switch the hell out since attacking your enemy while he’s asleep is a cheap shot and im like Dudley cause I fight like a gentleman, so I go into my Metagross who can take a hit pretty nicely.

Start of turn 6

Time Wizard sent out Metagross!

The foe's Scizor used Swords Dance!
The foe's Scizor's Attack sharply rose!

Rain continues to fall!

Say what? Seems like my opponent is the .1% of people who run the whole SD set. Knowing Scizor like the back of my hand, he has Bug Bite, Bullet Punch, and maybe Roost or Superpower? I could switch to Heatran who 4x resists both its STABs, but I didn’t want it to take a Superpower in its face cause he just got ready for a night out and doesn’t want to have to head back. My Metagross may seem like a lead, but it’s actually a LO Agility set. I decide to just go for the Earthquake though since it’s my best option.

Start of turn 7
Metagross used Earthquake!
The foe's Scizor lost 55% of its health!
Metagross is hurt by its Life Orb!

The foe's Scizor used Bug Bite!
Metagross lost 271 HP! (90% of its health)
Metagross fainted!
The foe's Scizor is hurt by its Life Orb!

Rain continues to fall!
The poison spikes disappeared around Tentacruel's feet!

I go into Tentacruel to absorb some spikes, but since I don’t have too much defense investment, I decide to just go for the gamble and switch into my bulky Heatran to take what’s coming. The idea was to Life Orb stall and bait the Superpower. And since Heatran isn’t going to be doing too much on a rain team, I figure I can sack him for the greater good. Don’t worry Tran, ill tell your family you died a hero…

Start of turn 8

Time Wizard sent out Heatran!

Heatran is floating on a balloon!
The foe's Scizor used Roost!
The foe's Scizor landed on the ground!
The foe's Scizor regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

…however your time hasn’t come yet, since it actually doesn’t have Superpower, rather it has Roost! Since Bullet Punch is a requirement on Scizor (seriously, ive seen people jailed for putting Iron Head on it), I can pretty much wall this thing to hell and back since a Flamethrower will still kill it in the rain since its at less than half. My Tran is a Modest bulky one with defense and special defense investment so I can still take a +4 whatever. However, I also run Substitute, so I could predict the switch, but my initial play has caused me to double guess my paranoid foresight. Might as well just kill it with fire.

Start of turn 9
John Doe called Scizor back!
John Doe sent out Vaporeon!
The foe's Vaporeon was poisoned!

Heatran used Flamethrower!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Vaporeon lost 10% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Vaporeon's Hydration heals its status!
The foe's Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Out comes the stupid water-lion-cat thing (I mean, what is that thing on its head, seriously?) who takes the Flamethrower like a brick wall takes a Flamethrower. Flash Cannon won’t do shit, Earth Power won’t do shit. Substitute might OHKO in bizzaro world, but that servers down. I just have to run away from this match. Don’t worry Tran, ill tell your family you ran away with honor, though you might have to explain that to them later on. Seeing the water type move coming like rain after clouds, I go into my Tentacruel cause its Tentacool like that.

Start of turn 10

Time Wizard called Heatran back!

The foe's Vaporeon used Surf!
Tentacruel lost 57 HP! (15% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Tentacruel restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!

L.L. Cruel J comes in and takes that Surf like a brick wall takes… (ok ill stop that now). Seeing as how it can’t do anything and will probably Wish + Protect or some other thing that Vaporeons do (Tail Whip?), I decide to go into the inner reaches of my secret lab, and reveal (even though he’s already seen it) my secret weapon. Finally, the moment you have all been waiting for! Without further ado! Prepare yourselves and brace for terminal epic!!!

Start of turn 11
John Doe called Vaporeon back!
John Doe sent out Ditto!
The foe's Ditto was poisoned!

The foe's Ditto transformed into Tentacruel!
Tentacruel used Hail!
A hailstorm brewed!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Ditto is buffeted by the hail!
Tentacruel is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Ditto is hurt by poison!

Wait, wha? Hail? What? Who, wha… how.. Hai.. what? Hail what? Yep, something that nobody has seen since this gen started, a weather type move in the moveslot. Previously I ran a Milotic with hail in gen IV to stop all the sandstorm running around like triplets with a single mother, however, Tentacruel is now the one to pull the Hail Marys in gen V since it can set up entry hazards, spin them away, and Black Sludge in case someone wants the trick rather than the treat. It’s even more useful now that there’s weather running around like octuplets, and of all kinds too. This has been my secret weapon against many teams, and a lot of them become pretty easy to manage when the weather isn’t in their favor. So now there’s no rain and my opponent switches into Ditto. Im fairly sure it was to absorb the spikes, however, like many people don’t know, Ditto doesn’t just flat out come out as the opponent, he puts his pink game face on then performs the act. So Ditto gets poisoned and all is right with the world. Now I predict him to set up more Toxic Spikes so I decide to switch into the J-man, but I hesitate, fearing the switch into Politoed to make it rain.

Start of turn 12

John Doe called Ditto back!
The foe's Politoed was poisoned!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Politoed is hurt by poison!

On the flipside though, it gets poisoned which makes it that much more easy to manage. However, im not gonna take a Hydro Pump to the face since Jolteon was planning to head out with Heatran and nobody wants to have to fix themselves up again. Back to the Cruelman it is.

Start of turn 13

The foe's Politoed used Hydro Pump!
Tentacruel lost 120 HP! (32% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Since I already have a certain someone else sleeping on the job, I know that this Politoed can’t touch me at all; I mean, what’s it going to do? Perish Song? Perish the thought! Ok that was bad… but yeah since he’s gonna have to switch, I decide to make it rain myself, icicle rain!

Start of turn 14
John Doe called Politoed back!
John Doe sent out Manaphy!
The foe's Manaphy was poisoned!

Tentacruel used Hail!
A hailstorm brewed!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Manaphy is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Manaphy is hurt by poison!

And here is probably one of the biggest plays of the game. Manaphy comes in, and gets badly poisoned, however, since Hydration heals after the turn is up, I get the Hail in before the Hydration meaning this Manaphy is gonna be Manapheasier to take down while it racks up poison damage. Unfortunately, something called Tail Glow exists and since I still can’t do anything to it, im gonna have to switch out into Jolteon.

Start of turn 15

The foe's Manaphy used Energy Ball!
Jolteon lost 100 HP! (36% of its health)
The foe's Manaphy is hurt by its Life Orb!

Hail continues to fall!
Jolteon is buffeted by the hail!

Poison and hail still taking its toll like a booth and Jolteon takes the hit quite nicely, though im gonna probably die after a Surf and hail damage. Rather surprising to see a Life Orb on it, but it means it will just go down that much faster. Since I never actually had Jolteon for more than a turn in (maybe I forgot, I have quite a short attention spa….), I decide to stay in and maybe, just maybe wake up and kill it with a specs Volt Change. Cmon Jolteon you lazy bum, finals are coming and you still haven’t studied!

Start of turn 16

Jolteon is fast asleep!

The foe's Manaphy used Surf!
Jolteon lost 155 HP! (57% of its health)
Jolteon fainted!
The foe's Manaphy is hurt by its Life Orb!

Hail continues to fall!
Time Wizard sent out Breloom!

So Jolteon decides to just drop the course at the last second and stay asleep. Phooey. Anywho, seeing as how it ran Energy Ball before, I know that it has water STAB, EB, Rest and Tail Glow since everyone runs Rest and Tail Glow specifically to troll me, so I can safely send out Breloom. I decide to just go for the Mach Punch since its got about ¼ health left, I don’t know if ill outspeed and Technician Breloom is awesome. Even if it has Boil Over, I run a Lum Berry so I don’t mind the burn the first time around.

Start of turn 17
John Doe called Manaphy back!

Breloom used Mach Punch!
The foe's Politoed lost 38% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Out comes Fat Joe to take the Mach Punch. It is on its last legs though so I decide to go for the Sub just in case he tries to switch back into Manaphy. Thinking he cant really touch me, I blindly go for it.

Start of turn 18
Breloom used Substitute!
Breloom made a substitute!

The foe's Politoed used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
Breloom's substitute faded!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Politoed fainted!
John Doe sent out Porygon2!
The foe's Porygon2 was poisoned!

The foe's Porygon2 traced Breloom's Technician!

Politoed gives a resounding NOPE to the sub and I lose my substitute. Out comes Porygon2 ready to revenge the loss of its friend and im left having to switch. That’s the problem with using Toxic Spikes, I can’t Spore shit! Knowing Pory2 like the back of my hand (I have many hands), I know its going to go for the Ice Beam since Mach Punch will not kill it.

Start of turn 19

Time Wizard called Breloom back!

The foe's Porygon2 used Ice Beam!
Tentacruel lost 27 HP! (7% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Porygon2 is hurt by poison!

Phew, the Cool man doesn’t even take double digit percent damage from that and takes it like a steel wall would take an Ice Beam (I said brick wall before, different). Now I can finally get that ice up without having any clouds ruin my day out in the park (I guess hail would be similar?). Now, its quite obvious that Porygon2 runs some sort of recovering, BoltBeam, status combo. I myself run Gravity and Blizzard + Zap Cannon cause Hi Jump Kick cant be used and it packs more of a… whoa, going off on a tangent there. Case in point, obvious electric attack is obvious.

Start of turn 20
Tentacruel used Hail!
A hailstorm brewed!

The foe's Porygon2 used Charge Beam!
It's super effective!
Tentacruel lost 78 HP! (21% of its health)
The foe's Porygon2's Sp. Att. rose!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Porygon2 is buffeted by the hail!

Ooohhh I like that. Interesting to note here is that the pink duck traced Technician, boosting Charge Beam up. Not only that, he gets the special attack raise. I figure im gonna need Tentacruel a bit more and decide to go into my Heatran to take the Charge Beam, since it can take a bunch of them really well. The plan here is to stall it out with poison and hail damage, so the next few turns are gonna be a bit of a repeat; hey, some people like reruns!

Start of turn 21

Time Wizard sent out Heatran!

Heatran is floating on a balloon!
Heatran lost 88 HP! (24% of its health)
Heatran's Balloon popped!

Heatran’s balloon pops, guess he was finally ready to commit, wait, he? What?

Hail continues to fall!
Heatran is buffeted by the hail!

Start of turn 22
Heatran used Substitute!
Heatran made a substitute!

Heatran's substitute took the damage!
The foe's Porygon2's Sp. Att. rose!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 23
Heatran used Flamethrower!
The foe's Porygon2 lost 19% of its health!
The foe's Porygon2 fainted!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Vaporeon was poisoned!

So daffy finally gets to a range where Flamethrower will kill it and im left behind a sub, meaning I can get a free hit on this Vaporeon. Best part is, no Hydration means its gonna get poisoned, and since theres no Antidote support on PO, it will take it and it will like it, or hate it, whatever. Out comes the power of earth!

Start of turn 24
Heatran used Earth Power!
The foe's Vaporeon lost 24% of its health!

The foe's Vaporeon used Surf!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Heatran's substitute faded!

The hail subsided!
The foe's Vaporeon is hurt by poison!

Earth, water; a couple of more and Captain Planet would show up. He gets a crit here which is really terrible, I mean hax are kind of annoying to me like everyone else and all that and… nah obviously it was useless, I mean I was behind a sub! So I decide to continue poison-stalling it out by switching to Tentacruel.

Start of turn 25
Time Wizard called Heatran back!

The foe's Vaporeon used Rest!
The foe's Vaporeon went to sleep and became healthy!

Obviously, rain Vaporeon carries Rest, but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside when it stays asleep, I mean, it was up all night studying and now its battling? It deserves a rest! I get a bit of HP back and decide to go into Breloom to start crafting out my devious and cunning plan…

Start of turn 26

The foe's Vaporeon is fast asleep!

Start of turn 27
Breloom used Substitute!

…of going behind a wall. Luckily for me, Vaporeon like its cousin, loves to sleep meaning I can get a free shot on it before it wakes up. Thinking it can’t do anything since they usually carry Wish + Protect and all… wait, im an idiot and forgot that it doesn’t need such things in the rain. Oh well, let’s see what comes up. Bullet Seed ho!

Start of turn 28
Breloom used Bullet Seed!
It's super effective!
The foe's Vaporeon lost 32% of its health!
The foe's Vaporeon lost 30% of its health!
The foe's Vaporeon lost 33% of its health!
Hit 3 times!

The foe's Vaporeon woke up!
The foe's Vaporeon used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!

Im sure you all know how Bullet Seed is more powerful on a Techniloom rather than Seed Bomb even at only 2 hits? You do? Great. (Math fail, its only if its more than two hits, technical difficulties) So it does carry the Ice Beam like every other bulky water does, why not have something original like Shadow Ball or Echo Voice or… huh? Why are you pointing at my Tentacruel? Oh right, heh heh heh… Change the subject, save face… I go for Spore!

Start of turn 29
Breloom used Spore!
The foe's Vaporeon fell asleep!

Vaporeon is put to sleep again, but this isn’t the kind where you sleep a whole lot in your bed and wake up refreshed, it’s the kind where you fall asleep slightly on the bus and wake up groggy cause it was only for an hour or so. And because im a greedy bastard, I go for another sub before sending his Vaporeon to the Lavender Soul House. Cause that is the best place to rest up after fainting; what you thought I would kill it!? That’s horrible!

Start of turn 30
John Doe called Vaporeon back!
John Doe sent out Ditto!

The foe's Ditto transformed into Breloom!
Breloom used Substitute!

*as breloom

Out comes Ditto in his latest show playing Breloom in the act “Whittling Away from Status”. I guess Breloom would be a good switch into a Bullet Seed, but still Breloom is pretty damn frail and mine is max atk/speed. Oh well I decide to go for the Mach Punch just to get some damage off on it before switching out.

Start of turn 31
The foe's Ditto used Mach Punch!

Breloom used Mach Punch!
The foe's Ditto lost 43% of its health!

You know, playing this match, at this point, I was contemplating to myself whether the Breloom was choiced or not and my mind was slowly drifting away for some odd reason. I mean, I wasn’t tired or anything, but it was pretty surreal. I later remembered it was a Ditto. Weird stories aside, I decide to go into Tentacruel to take and resist the Mach Punch.

Start of turn 32
Time Wizard called Breloom back!

Tentacruel lost 90 HP! (24% of its health)

…And it doesn’t take it too well. My plan here is to just stall it out of poison since it will die next turn, so I switch into my own Scizor who has been sitting on the bench, eagerly awaiting some action. Heh, stalling a Breloom out of poison. That’s just kinda funny to me, that’s all.

Start of turn 33
Time Wizard sent out Scizor!

Scizor lost 103 HP! (31% of its health)

The foe's Ditto fainted!
John Doe sent out Manaphy!

Seeing as how Manaphy isn’t in the rain, im fairly sure my max hp/atk Scizor can take whatever it throws out. Unlike my opponent, I run the regular Band set so a U-turn here is pretty obvious and will wreck shit up. My plan is to get out of there, and go to Breloom to Bullet Seed on a predicted Rest, since this scenario is looking oddly familiar about now…

Start of turn 34
The foe's Manaphy used Rest!
The foe's Manaphy went to sleep and became healthy!

Scizor used U-turn!
The foe's Manaphy lost 63% of its health!
Time Wizard called Scizor back!

As expected, he decides to take a nap. Obvious Bullet Seed is obvious and the only two pokes left are Scizor and an on crutches, last legs Vaporeon. This is pretty much the end game right here, all there is left is that Scizor.

Start of turn 35
The foe's Manaphy is fast asleep!

Breloom used Bullet Seed!
It's super effective!
The foe's Manaphy lost 36% of its health!
The foe's Manaphy fainted!
Hit 1 times!

John Doe sent out Scizor!

So out comes the red machine and ive got to on the fly get rid of this thing. It obviously wont SD since ive got the Mach Punch, and since im almost dead, he’s obviously gonna go for the Bullet Punch so I can’t Spore there. All I have left to do is Mach Punch away, even though it won’t kill it, then finish it off with a Banded Superpower from my Scizor, or a Boil Over from my Tentacruel. Heaven or Hell, lets do this!

Start of turn 36
Breloom used Mach Punch!
A critical hit!
The foe's Scizor lost 77% of its health!

The foe's Scizor used Bullet Punch!
Breloom lost 66 HP! (25% of its health)
Breloom fainted!
The foe's Scizor is hurt by its Life Orb!
The foe's Scizor fainted!

Time Wizard sent out Scizor!

Told you it had Bullet Punch, nobody wants to get jailed here. Anyways, hax rears its ugly face for the first time in this match as I get a crit here and even though it doesn’t kill, the Life Orb recoil does. Im fairly sure the crit didn’t matter since a Boil Over would probably have been able to revenge it. I was actually wondering if Tentacruel would outspeed it, but then I look at its stats and it has base 100 speed. What the hell? I never really look at the speed of my walls but this guy is one speedy mofo. But yeah, all that’s left is Vaporeon who will die to a U-turn. I say my gg for a nicely played match as Scizor U-turns his horse into the sunset…

Time Wizard: gg

Start of turn 37
Scizor used U-turn!
The foe's Vaporeon lost 15% of its health!
The foe's Vaporeon fainted!

Time Wizard won the battle!

And that is the match.

MVP

Obviously Tentacoo was the MVP of this. If it weren’t for the Hail, Manaphy and Vaporeon would probably be walling my shit to no end. I find Hail on a bulky poke to be a pretty good way of dealing with weather teams, without a weather team of your own. Plus, I don’t like Abomasnow, he shouted some racial slurs at me the other day, that jerk. Cruel is definitely the Stallone of this match; sorry Jolteon, guess you’ll have to be the Ivan Drago.

Pros:

-The big man himself, Bernie R Cruelstein
-Heatran for taking care of that Porygon (your family WILL know of your heroics)
-Breloom for being the annoying guy we love and looking fine while doing it
-SD Scizor, cause a Bullet Punch after an SD can break brick walls

Cons:

-Jolteon for being a lazy bum
-Ditto for having to prepare before putting on a show
-Politoed, I just straight don’t like that guy

Opponents team:

And now I ride away into the starry night as I bid thee adieu. Have a nice day!

Nice day? Starry night? What the f-

I actually enjoyed the somewhat lame jokes throughout the warstory as they lightened the mood, instead of being all serious, eg. I predicted XX so I'll do YY then backflip and do ZZ. It was a nice change. Anyway, a decent battle and the comments were enjoyable. Good luck in the future.

Goes to show why drizzle should not be banned. Countering the weather is not that hard. Stop being such cry babies.

But similar to how a girl always remembers her first time, im hoping you remember my first time… making a warstory that is. Wait, huh? Screw it never mind.
Rofl :D
Well anyway it was a pretty good warstory but it was your comments that made me most interested.Your a p funny guy you know that? =P..Well you did have a bit of a team advantage as Tentacruel just ass raped his team.But w/e it was still a good read.
8.5/10

Usually I find a lot of tasteless humor in these war stories, and the jokes are so odd it ruins the quality (anyone remember that war story that consisted of gay sex jokes everry turn?). But this one on the other hand actually had me lol.

I have been a huge fan of Tentacruel since gen 1, and its awesome seeing him kick more and more ass this gen. Seriously, I have read at least 4 war stories where he was the MVP, and not to mention MY Tentacruel on my team just kicking ass and taking names. Its awesome as its not like he got anything NEW this generation thats SUPER game breaking (evil eye, acid bomb which I love, buffed gigadrain, rain dish...) yet he still seems to have raised in usage.

Nice moves with the Tentacruel with hail. It reminds me of a war story that was posted about a month ago of a guy running a Jolteon with the move Rain Dance, and on a clutch game changing turn, he used rain dance as a Dory used swords dance.

As for the match, it was mostly all in favor to you, making it not very suspenseful. You had control the entire time. But honestly, that didn't bother me at all! It seemed to be more of a war story representing the idea of running a weather move on a pokemon, and it was entertaining in just that.

9/10 for commentary that didn't make me cringe, jokes that didn't make me face palm, an epic Tentacruel, and fancy foot work with Tentacruel and Breloom. Great job! Keep it up!

When trying to be funny, people generally forget that they HAVE to be funny in order to achieve it...And you, sir, ARE funny.

Very nice match, good switches / predictions. Hail on Tentacruel sounded weird but gave you the match, so props for you.

Very nice and entertaing warstory. Keep posting them!

9,5 /10 (didn't give a 10 cause it lacked percentages and, unlike some other guys here, I have criteria and if I had complied about it before, I won't change my opinion just because other aspects were nice)

One of the most entertaining warstories I've ever read, good job!

Tentacruel once again, proves to be a "star" in this generation, walling bulky waters left and right, absorbing and laying toxic spikes and taking fighting attacks like a champ. Hail is the icing of the cake. Bravo. 9.5/10

When trying to be funny, people generally forget that they HAVE to be funny in order to achieve it...And you, sir, ARE funny.

Very nice match, good switches / predictions. Hail on Tentacruel sounded weird but gave you the match, so props for you.

Very nice and entertaing warstory. Keep posting them!

9,5 /10 (didn't give a 10 cause it lacked percentages and, unlike some other guys here, I have criteria and if I had complied about it before, I won't change my opinion just because other aspects were nice)
This. I loved this warstory, partly because of the genuinely funny comments, and partly because of the good battle.

Wow, im surprised people actually LIKED my lame jokes. Thats something ill never be able to predict.

Thanks for all the positive comments!

Great read, loved seeing someone else fall for those annoying first turn predicts! Would have been better with percentages but otherwise I really enjoyed it.

Im sure you all know how Bullet Seed is more powerful on a Techniloom rather than Seed Bomb even at only 2 hits? You do? Great.
Um no.
25 bp * 1.5 tech * 2 hits *1.5 STAB= 112.5
80 bp * 1.5 STAB= 120

It needs 3 hits to be more powerful. Although it's not much less powerful at 2.

I hate to be a debbie downer, but I found this warstory to be rather average to be honest (though it might just be me). There were several instances of plays that I think could have been thought through better, and your opponent wasn't exactly giving you too much of a hassle throughout the battle.

From the beginning, you attempted to predict off the bat without knowing his playstyle whatsoever. Ditto is really the only thing that could have taken a Thunderbolt (Pory2 screws you over either way), so that was definitely the better choice on turn on, or Volt Change at least. You later chose to Mach Punch Manaphy despite Bullet Seed hitting everything but Scizor harder (who you could have lured into a Bullet Punch and finished with Heatran anyway).

Your opponent made some key mistakes as well, however. As soon as he saw Jolteon, he should have switched to Pory2 to trace Volt Absorb, rendering both Shadow Ball and your electric attacks useless. I realize the switch to Tenta/Ditto was a double switch, but why he decided to waste his time using TSpikes when facing a full-health Tentacruel is beyond me. To make matters worse, he actually switched Politoed into Breloom AFTER having seen Hail on your Tentacruel, opting to preserve Manaphy instead (he could have at least brought in Vaporeon), and attempted to sweep with SD Scizor despite the fact that you had both Metagross and Heatran waiting in the wings, neither of which he could touch.

That, and the humor seemed a little forced and just didn't strike me as funny, to be entirely truthful. But that's a minor point, clearly it had the desired effect on some other people here, and hindsight is 20/20 they say.

Despite the negatives, the story did have its positives. I've been advocating the use of Rain Dance/Hail/Sunny Day/Sandstorm as defensive tactics for a while now and its nice to see them put to some use, and its nice to see Tentacruel getting some love this Gen.

Um no.
25 bp * 1.5 tech * 2 hits *1.5 STAB= 112.5
80 bp * 1.5 STAB= 120

It needs 3 hits to be more powerful. Although it's not much less powerful at 2.
Oh snap, yeah I screwed up on the math, but hey, I gave a disclaimer at the beginning saying I wasnt good with it.

From the beginning, you attempted to predict off the bat without knowing his playstyle whatsoever.
Yeah I overanalyzed way too early in the game; part of my living in constant fear that people would overpredict as much as I would while im being too lax early on.

This is an excellent, well presented warstory. Lol'd at your Tentacruel's "secret weapon". Loved the formating, and the battle too.

9/10. Keep up the good work.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wow... awesome job for your first warstory dude.
Good comments and good playing from both players. I liked your innovation (hail on Tentacrual was awesome)
Good job. 8.5/10

You should really stop recycling jokes. But since its your first, I'll forgive you. Pretty good warstory otherwise, although the secret move thing was kinda dumb (partially because I thought it would be Rapid Spin or something -.-).

You should really stop recycling jokes. But since its your first, I'll forgive you. Pretty good warstory otherwise, although the secret move thing was kinda dumb (partially because I thought it would be Rapid Spin or something -.-).

Rapid Spin wouldn't be secret, since many Tentacruels run it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)