Ditto

Ivs are unaffected during the transformation so the type hidden power is depends on Ditto's ivs. (I.E if you have max ivs on ditto it will be a dark type no matter what your opponent's ivs are.)

On my own note. I deeply enjoy using Ditto as a lead. Does anybody else see the benifits of this that I don't see. (I.e besides Seeing your leads moves and identifying lead Zoroark.)

Ivs are unaffected during the transformation so the type hidden power is depends on Ditto's ivs. (I.E if you have max ivs on ditto it will be a dark type no matter what your opponent's ivs are.)

On my own note. I deeply enjoy using Ditto as a lead. Does anybody else see the benifits of this that I don't see. (I.e besides Seeing your leads moves and identifying lead Zoroark.)
Read a warstory. Some losses are from when Ditto is last or comes in on a Substitute. Five Pokemon left are usually better than a Ditto left. And not all leads are Scarfed. Some are Focus Sash meaning Eccentric Ditto can do the nasty when not Scarf locked.

Speed Boost leads...

Also screws most weather leads somewhat as you can see the necessary evils of how to stop them.

Oh, and Ditto leads are more durable as they may not always come BACK into a hazard.

Hello Darkrai. I'm Scarfed Ditto.
Hello Skymin. I'm in before Air Slash.

Smogon said:
Transforms into the target, copying its stats (except HP), moves (at 5 PP each), type, weight, and ability. The stats are copied exactly, without regard to EVs, IVs, and level. IVs of the target are copied for purposes of Hidden Power, as well.
Unless the mechanics of Transform changed in gen V, Hidden Power Ditto will have the same type/power as foe.

I think Ditto is being overhyped. Sure you can outrun the enemy, but you can only choose one move + you're locked into it + have 5 PP.

In a perfect world Ditto will nab +6 Atk and +6 Speed and rape, but in reality it will almost never happen.

Although not as extreme as +6, Ditto could get something like +2 or +3 from Kingdra and sweep with Outrage. Also, Outrage would have less of a problem with 5 PP.

From my experience, Hidden Power does change with the target.

Also, I know how to use Lead Ditto's tricks and use them to turn the opposing lead's own tricks against them. What I do is lead with Ditto and find out the foe's moves. If they have any set-up moves, I switch to MM Espeon and hopefully reflect them back.

I've always loved ditto, maybe it's that cute little smile it has on. but seeing it go from zero to always changing hero (was that a bad pun?) just makes me feel all warm inside!

my scarf ditto terrorizes rain teams. mach punch to get rid of sub on kingdra an co and then sweep with secondary stab....
since my breloom is a sashed lead it always comes in on setup sweepers and breaks there sashes before letting ditto nana tear

Ditto got a huge buff this gen. Its still crap, but going from NU to OU is a huge boost.

How can the bane of all revenge-killers be crap? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Eccentric Ditto switches into a revenge-killer after one of your Pokémon has been knocked out (turning into a revenge-killer itself), E. Ditto should copy the Scarf -boost on your opponent and add its own Scarf-boost on top of your opponent's boost, outspeeding it on turn one and possibly scoring an OHKO depending on the Pokémon (Outrage dragons anyone?)

How can the bane of all revenge-killers be crap? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Eccentric Ditto switches into a revenge-killer after one of your Pokémon has been knocked out (turning into a revenge-killer itself), E. Ditto should copy the Scarf -boost on your opponent and add its own Scarf-boost on top of your opponent's boost, outspeeding it on turn one and possibly scoring an OHKO depending on the Pokémon (Outrage dragons anyone?)
Ditto isn't the bane of any revenge killer, since they normally lack the power to cleanly OHKO, and as a result, Ditto can't OHKO them back.

It's the bane of any set-up sweeper, since those DO have the power to set up, and you can now outspeed them and OHKO them( as well as wasting the effort needed to create a setup opportunity). In theory, you could continue sweeping, but with a Choice Scarf, that's unlikely.

Also, it doesn't copy opposing Scarf boosts.

Ditto isn't the bane of any revenge killer, since they normally lack the power to cleanly OHKO, and as a result, Ditto can't OHKO them back.

It's the bane of any set-up sweeper, since those DO have the power to set up, and you can now outspeed them and OHKO them( as well as wasting the effort needed to create a setup opportunity). In theory, you could continue sweeping, but with a Choice Scarf, that's unlikely.

Also, it doesn't copy opposing Scarf boosts.
If Ditto can't OHKO the revenge killer, then the Revenge killer can't OHKO Ditto. The only difference is that Ditto is faster, which means that it gets the kill unless there's a ridiculously large max HP gap between them.

If Ditto can't OHKO the revenge killer, then the Revenge killer can't OHKO Ditto. The only difference is that Ditto is faster, which means that it gets the kill unless there's a ridiculously large max HP gap between them.
Ditto isn't necessary faster than the revenge killer. A lot of revengers carry Choice Scarf, and Ditto@Choice Scarf only speed ties after Eccentric.

Yeah, but Ditto is scarfed, so a resist would come in on the subsequent turn, if the revenge killer didn't already switch out the first turn.

Set up sweepers, obviously, can't afford to do that.

OK, yeah.

Right. Ditto is a great revenge killer, not a great counter to revenge killers.

Something like Sturdy Choice Band Explosion Gigalith would be better at taking out revenge killers.

OK, yeah.

Right. Ditto is a great revenge killer, not a great counter to revenge killers.

Something like Sturdy Choice Band Explosion Gigalith would be better at taking out revenge killers.
Except Giga would need some spin support to make sure its sturdy isn't broken. And if Eccentric copies stat boosts, I don't get why it wouldn't copy a Scarf boost as well

Except Giga would need some spin support to make sure its sturdy isn't broken. And if Eccentric copies stat boosts, I don't get why it wouldn't copy a Scarf boost as well
Because stat boosts are associated with the pokemon, which is copied. A scarf boost is associated with the item, which isn't copied.

Because stat boosts are associated with the pokemon, which is copied. A scarf boost is associated with the item, which isn't copied.
okay so botom line is that ditto stops sweeps but doesnt do a good job at killing the person who stopped your sweep.

Stepping away from the boost/no-boost motif, if Ditto switches out, does it stay transformed, or can you switch it back in and transform into another one of your opponent's Pokémon? If the latter is true, then, in an ideal world, provided it has some spin support and by some miracle isn't hit every time it switches in, E. Ditto would be able to scout your opponent's entire team

Stepping away from the boost/no-boost motif, if Ditto switches out, does it stay transformed, or can you switch it back in and transform into another one of your opponent's Pokémon? If the latter is true, then, in an ideal world, provided it has some spin support and by some miracle isn't hit every time it switches in, E. Ditto would be able to scout your opponent's entire team
Uh, yeah, it changes back if you switch it out, but if you have that kind of miracle, you're better off running the whole Knock Off/Toxic Farfetch'd set that's on the Smogon 4th Gen Analysis.

or Magic Mirror support to keep stuff like that from going up.

And as a user of Ditto, I would use him from the start to scout such leads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)