Electrode (placeholder)

Woo. Electrode.

YEEAAH BOI.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~
[Overview]
Electrode is one of those pokemon that will almost always keep a niche. In the previous generations, Electrode was the premier rain dance lead, and had the title of the fastest explosion in the game. With explosion no longer halving the opponent's defence, and Drizzle Politoed entering OU dream world by 'storm' (haw haw haw), things are not looking good for Electrode. Nevertheless, Electrode gained a great STAB move in 'Volt Change' and is one of the only pokemon with the ability to utilize the new move 'Electa Ball'.

[Set]
Electrode @ Life Orb
Move 1:Thunderbolt
Move 2: Explosion
Move 3:Taunt / Volt Change
Move 4:Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 134 Atk, 252 SpA, 124 Speed
Nature: Rash / Mild

[Set Comments]
<p> Electrode (surprisingly) checks many threats in OU. With these given Evs, Electrode will outspeed max speed base 108s, such as Infernape and Terrakion, while still giving explosion a decent power. Electrode deals up to 63.3% on Terrakion with it's powerful Thunderbolt, and will destroy Infernape (after SR) damage. </p>

[Set]
Electrode @ Damp Rock
Move 1:Thunderbolt/Thunder
Move 2:Rain Dance
Move 3:Volt Change
Move 4:Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass / Taunt
Ability: Aftermath
EVs:4 Hp / 252 SpA, 252 Speed
Nature: Timid/Modest

<p>Eemmmm I'll do it later. :/

Okay, that is seriously the most troll sprite in the history of forever. I'm nicking that as my avatar, if you don't mind. <3

whats the point in having an analysis on this when pretty much everything outclasses it

????????????????????????????????????????

whats the point in having an analysis on this when pretty much everything outclasses it

????????????????????????????????????????
I completely second this. Electrode's attacking stats aren't high enough to put to use, and he is outclassed as a Rain Dancer now thanks to Politoed. Explosion coming off of a base-50 Attack stat isn't going to be as devastating as it used to. Mischievous Heart-users outclass Electrode at Taunting. Volt Change is the only thing Electrode can do reasonably well, and even that is outclassed.

Electrode was iffy in OU last generation, but the new generation has completely ruined any chance Electrode has in OU.

Also, Electra Ball is very situational, and should not ever really be used as a primary STAB move over Thunderbolt, Thunder, or Volt Change.

I completely second this. Electrode's attacking stats aren't high enough to put to use, and he is outclassed as a Rain Dancer now thanks to Politoed. Explosion coming off of a base-50 Attack stat isn't going to be as devastating as it used to. Mischievous Heart-users outclass Electrode at Taunting. Volt Change is the only thing Electrode can do reasonably well, and even that is outclassed.

Electrode was iffy in OU last generation, but the new generation has completely ruined any chance Electrode has in OU.

Also, Electra Ball is very situational, and should not ever really be used as a primary STAB move over Thunderbolt, Thunder, or Volt Change.
Just because something is outclassed by something else, doesn't mean it doesn't warrent a set. For example, Hitmonlee completely 'outclasses' Hitmonchan with a Choice scarf set, yet in the analysis for Hitmonchan there is a choice scarf set. Also, In standard OU (that is without dream world Abilities) Electrode still maintains it's niche in the metagame.

drizzle has been released on politoed for standard ou

and no just because its outclassed doesnt mean it doesnt warrant a set. it just means the pokemon shouldnt have an analysis until the more important pokemon have been covered.

Remove all mentions of Explosion, as it's just a waste of a moveslot now. Electrode is doing anything with it, I think Signal Beam should be somewhere as well, since its one of Electrode's few viable moves. All Electrode should have at least 396 (176 Evs, Timid Nature) speed, if not the maximum.

drizzle has been released on politoed for standard ou

and no just because its outclassed doesnt mean it doesnt warrant a set. it just means the pokemon shouldnt have an analysis until the more important pokemon have been covered.
If every job that it can perform is outclassed by another Pokemon, then it doesn't belong on OU, and it doesn't deserve an analysis at the time. It's that simple.

Clefable is right. Electrode is completely outclassed by other Pokemon in just about everything it can do. I suggest that you contact Setsuna regarding the future course of this analysis, and if you can continue writing this.

If you can, then good for you. Your format for the sets is also wrong. The correct format is-

[box]name:
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
item:
ability:
nature:
EV's: [/box]

With the nerf, Explosion is next to useless, and I suggest that you replace it with Volt Change on the first set.

You badly need to beef up your Set Comments too. This analysis needs a lot of improvement, and I wish you good luck in sprucing up this write up.

Mention how Aftermath can be useful on its sets, doing 25% damage to foes can allow for it to strike, not quite KO, then let Aftermath finish it off; that is a definite advantage!

Electrode:
move 1: Mirror Coat
move 2: Volt Change
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Light Screen
item: Focus Sash
ability: Aftermath
nature: Timid
EV's: 180 HP, 152 SpA, 176 Spe

Taunt foes that will set up; Mirror Coat special attacks while surviving due to Focus Sash [With 235 HP it can KO a 470 HP foe], then Light Screen after you survive at 1 HP and let Aftermath deal 25% damage as you go down.

Volt Change is to scout, and deal damage; anti-Taunt. Volt Change can also be used to escape enemy Shadow Taggers.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd suggest that this be locked while Drizzle is available in OU- Rain Dance is its only real OU niche, and without it, it's basically outclassed simply by a Pokemon's very presence and ability to switch in.

He might not be that bad of a lead because of his high speed, taunt, magic coat, light screen, and volt change.
He's horribly outclassed in this role, though. Voltolos does two of those four moves better. Espeon and Xatu make Magic Coat basically useless. There is a list of Mischievous Heart users who out-perform him with Taunt. Light Screen might be nice, but there are bulkier Pokemon who can make better use of it.

I see Crobat has a thread, and he and Electrode are very much similar. Trode is faster though and his typing might fit in better with different teams, so he should at least be an option.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually come to think of it, I don't think Electrode should even get an OU analysis any more. Borotorosu completely outclasses it, with PRIORITY Taunt and Rain Dance as well as actual competent attacking stats and a better typing. The Explosion nerf really hit it hard as well, making it not even especially good at its job without Drizzle. Magic Coat is the only claim to fame it MIGHT have, but Magic Mirror is just a better Magic Coat, and on top of that, Team Preview completely gives things away.

Actually come to think of it, I don't think Electrode should even get an OU analysis any more. Borotorosu completely outclasses it, with PRIORITY Taunt and Rain Dance as well as actual competent attacking stats and a better typing. The Explosion nerf really hit it hard as well, making it not even especially good at its job without Drizzle. Magic Coat is the only claim to fame it MIGHT have, but Magic Mirror is just a better Magic Coat, and on top of that, Team Preview completely gives things away.

Exactly.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
YEAH...

...NO...

It's pretty sad when the only thing you have to brag nowadays is a fast Taunt.

Read SDS's quote + this:
Anyway, Electrode has been added to the list. Borotorosu completely outclasses it with Priority Rain Dance/Taunt, actual attacking stats, and midgame usability. Also, with the massive Explosion nerf, it no longer has that one-punch knockout power that makes it effective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)