Realm of the mad god

After finding this game in the flash game thread I played it so much and enjoyed it so much I thought I should get other smogon people interested in playing.

Pretty much, you are dropped in a world where you must fend for yourself by going into the wild, killing monsters, and picking up equipment. As you level up by killing monsters, you will be able to fight more powerful monsters and this goes on until you reach level 20. At level 20 you can continue to pick up superb equipment or you can work on unlocking other classes by making a new character. What makes the game shine is the simplicity of it, there aren't any complex things to remember or storyline. Start playing and hopefully we could meet up and kill monsters or trade gear with each other.

Come to #rotmg to discuss or ask questions.

Also, when you die, it's like fire emblem. Your character is dead forever and you must start fresh. If there is someone nice around you they might pick up your stuff, but don't count on it. Be cautious when exploring new monsters.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
this game is addictive and fun

except when you get gangbanged by the gods and die

truly awful when that happens

but then again johann is protecting me so its all cool

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
rweurhqiwue4yqwie3h JUST DIED AGAIN TO FUCKING MEDUSA

AAAAAAAA I HAD A GOOD SWORD AND HELM TOO FUCK

DFLKJASODIQWOEKW#R

im not playing this game alone again

I have no idea what I'm doing.

All I know, is that I like it.

Edit: I was in some mad god's world or something, and I walked around killing snakes and individual enemies for like 5 minutes. Then I found a cluster of the scariest things ever and died.

I have no idea what to do, so I'll probably read the wiki.

reyscarface

World Defender
reading the wiki is a good idea, or just hop on with johann and me sometime, he helped me by giving me random good stuff

Xaqwais sorry I couldn't get to your question on irc, I was killing tons and tons of gods with some other people. But the answer is yes, there is a place called the nexus, you can get there anytime by hitting F5, people hang there to chill, trade, talk and many people will hit F5 right before dying so they can stay alive.

Also some priest was reciting the entire The Rime of the Ancient Mariner in the nexus today.

Okay cool. I saw that term in the in game help, but didn't want to go there only to be taken to some PvP arena or something. I'll try signing on tomorrow after school, but I dunno if how much time I'll have this weekend.

wow! this is definitely fun. i like the art style as well. i played this for a little while tonight -- RIP narly the rogue, level 7. thanks for sharing.

reyscarface

World Defender
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

just got to level 20 with warrior, mithrill armor and dragonsoul sword and died FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

oh well at least i unlocked knight, time to unlock paladin :toast:

I used to play this game had a near max stat knight, with all top tier items except ring but died and it wasn't the same. I am waiting for a newer update and more classes :)

Damn, Mailman, that sucks. We got a couple of us playing right now, so it's not like you'll be playing solo when you come back.

Also, on a scale of 1 to 10 of addictingness, and 10 being Minecraft, this game is like an 8 or a 9. Pretty awesome.

reyscarface

World Defender
MY GOAL - GET ALL THE STAT POTIONS TO MAKE A SUPER WARRIOR

AND FINALLY GET A MITHRILL SOMETHING

FUCKING LOOOOOOOOT

edit: forget it i just died GOD DAMN

This game is addictive as all get-out. Like 15 minutes into playing I ran into rey and a few hours after that Xaq showed up

A user named Heaven who seemed to be extremely well liked decided to quit today. So he decided that he was going to drop all of his items. He dropped a lot... Including a mith sword, which he promptly managed to regrab back into his own inventory. What a tease D:

So he dropped it again, and someone else got it. Sorry guys. I did manage to get a few para rings, a sprite wand, a poison dagger, and a Spider's Eye ring. I did get like 3 Mithrill daggers in the process, but I only now realize that mithrill daggers are better than poison daggers. Whatever, the effect for poison ones look cooler.

Also some (BAN ME PLEASE) named toad (a knight) scammed me out of ravenheart sword. Not a big deal, but please make his life hell.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
if I wasn't already playing an MMO, I'd pretty much get addicted to this.

Is anyone else having a connection issue? I keep getting an error message when I try to connect to one of the dungeons. I checked the forum and it seems like the issue pops up periodically for people.

I really like this game, I played it a while ago. But I really want to play the necro and it costs money to play, apparently.

It doesn't cost money to play. It only costs money for stupid features like changing your character's color. Also I found an interesting thread on the game's forum. http://forums.wildshadow.com/node/1810

Rey and I will be leveling up our new characters (i died as well today, everyone mourn) using this method and will let you know how it goes.

It doesn't cost money to play. It only costs money for stupid features like changing your character's color. Also I found an interesting thread on the game's forum. http://forums.wildshadow.com/node/1810

Rey and I will be leveling up our new characters (i died as well today, everyone mourn) using this method and will let you know how it goes.
It said I need a level 20 wizard and level 20 priest to make a necro, but an extra character slot costs money, i think

an extra slot does cost money, but you don't have to have a level 20 wizard and a level 20 priest simultaneously. you just have to have reached level 20 with both of those classes at some point.

i skimmed that stats post, johann, and that's definitely interesting. unfortunately i'm already bored with the game, haha. i got frustrated after a few unfortunate wizard deaths while trying to unlock assassin. i'll probably flit back in a couple of days though.

also, it fucking sucks that changing your character's COLOR costs real money -- especially when the dye just disappears on death. i hate the default colors of most of the classes! admittedly it's a pretty smart move by whoever made that choice. they could probably make bank on $pecial weps, exclu$ive cla$$es, et cetera. i wonder how many people play this game

Well what happens is, after you get level 20 in one class, if you have an account/use the same computer always it will remember you did that. So you can get level 20 with priest, get killed, get level 20 with wizard, get killed and necromancer will be unlocked.

@Foreys: With wizards it is best to stay near the back and use your long range attacks to kill enemies. Because of their low speed and defense getting at the front is a bad idea and you will have trouble getting away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)