Whimsicott (Placeholder)

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Leech Seed
move 3: Encore / Taunt
move 4: Stun Spore / Toxic
item: Leftovers
nature: Bold
ability: Mischievous Heart
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

• Erufuun is an annoying bastard, and this is the most annoying, most bastard-est set it can pack.
  • Mischievous Heart is awesome, giving it priority on every single irritating status effect it can pack, from Substitute to Leech Seed to Encore to Taunt to even status like Toxic or Stun Spore.
  • Pretty tough to take down with a defensive spread, which it can run due to Mischievous Heart's priority.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• U-Turn is usable in order to hit Grass-types coming in on Erufuun, since they're the most efficient counters to Erufuun. However, Toxic and Stun Spore are usually effective at crippling said Grass-types, and U-Turn is pretty weak off of Erufuun's nearly nonexistant Attack stat.
  • Speed is almost completely irrelevant on this set, considering that everything it would ever carry has Priority due to Mischievous Heart. HP and Defense are maxed out to provide the best durability.
[Team Options]

[Optional Changes]

• Priority Switcheroo is pretty interesting, and can pull such amusing hijinks as crippling enemies with an Iron Ball or Macho Brace, as the Speed drop is basically irrelevant.
  • Priority Cotton Guard can make Erufuun tough to kill, as the +3 defense can buffer the vast majority of physical attacks.
  • Priority Grasswhistle can be amusing, but the 55% accuracy is offputting.
  • Priority Memento can cripple enemies, and can be used alongside Light Screen to help physically bulky Pokemon set up.
[Counters]

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
I recommened running a Relaxed nature and 0 speed IVs on the support set. This allows you to switch into Nattorei and take very little from its attacks (I think Gyro Ball 3HKOs with this spread). Beware Thunder Wave though.

Also, Erufuun doesn't learn Sleep Powder? GameFreak just crossed the line >:O

I know this set is completely walled by Grass Types, but it has been very useful for me and caused MANY MANY ragequits. It has also stopped potential sweeps.

EruFUUUUU @ Leftovers
Mischievous Heart

- Taunt
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect

Bold Nature
4 HP/ 252 Def / 252 Sdef

People send out a ScarfShandera to roast my grass fairy. If they have Overheat or Fire Blast (few pack Flamethrower) they are outstalled by Protect+Sub+Leftovers. If they switch in a leech seed the game is even funnier. U-turns doesn't ruin this set, as a Sub can help me staying in and proceed to stall the next foe.

This thing IS bulky and can take the most common leads bar Voltolos, Ninetales and Genosect.

I've been using this set very effectively and I suggest it to be mentioned.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I recommened running a Relaxed nature and 0 speed IVs on the support set. This allows you to switch into Nattorei and take very little from its attacks (I think Gyro Ball 3HKOs with this spread). Beware Thunder Wave though.

Also, Erufuun doesn't learn Sleep Powder? GameFreak just crossed the line >:O
Why in god's name would you want to switch into Nattorei? You can't, you know... do anything to it. I'll think about it though.

@MajorGambit: That's basically the first set with Protect in the last slot, and you seem to be bringing it up in terms of the Dream World metagame. It loses flat out to Grass-types (doesn't every Erufuun, though?), and Protect just gives your opponent a free switch after they break your Substitute. Running no HP on it is kinda silly, because it reduces the set's overall defensiveness and definitely reduces the bulk of the Substitutes, just in case something somehow wouldn't break the sub.

In short, I'll put Protect in AC, but Substitute is for all intents and purposes better (especially with Mischievous Heart, as it basically acts as an infinitely recurring Protect that costs HP and doesn't go away if they don't attack) and Erufuun has better things to do than dedicate 3 moveslots to something it only really needs 1 to do.

Why in god's name would you want to switch into Nattorei? You can't, you know... do anything to it. I'll think about it though.

@MajorGambit: That's basically the first set with Protect in the last slot, and you seem to be bringing it up in terms of the Dream World metagame. It loses flat out to Grass-types (doesn't every Erufuun, though?), and Protect just gives your opponent a free switch after they break your Substitute. Running no HP on it is kinda silly, because it reduces the set's overall defensiveness and definitely reduces the bulk of the Substitutes, just in case something somehow wouldn't break the sub.

In short, I'll put Protect in AC, but Substitute is for all intents and purposes better (especially with Mischievous Heart, as it basically acts as an infinitely recurring Protect that costs HP and doesn't go away if they don't attack) and Erufuun has better things to do than dedicate 3 moveslots to something it only really needs 1 to do.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't you leech much more HP with leech seed the lower HP stat you have?

I guess you can switch in on a predicted Leech Seed and prevent more entry hazards from going down, but it's just a bad move anyways since they should see it coming and just use Gyro Ball until you eventually die while you can't damage him in any way except by use of Hidden Power Fire (which doesn't do much without a lot of Evs in Special Attack).

Though it's not needed, maybe one Grass attack could be slashed somewhere on the set (a last choice). But all those moves are good enough so either Grass Knot or even Giga Drain can be mentioned in AC. By the way, is Grass Knot still better than Energy Ball for standard play?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't you leech much more HP with leech seed the lower HP stat you have?
It's more percentage because you're recovering the same amount but you have lower max HP so you recover a larger chunk of your own HP.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
SDS said:
I think it's more so that, if Nattorei switches into you, you can Taunt it without fear of taking a full-powered Gyro Ball to the face.

Minimum Spe Erufuun takes 133BP from Gyro Ball for 33%-39% of it's health. Neutral Spe Erufuun takes 150BP for 37%-44%.

It seemed like a good idea on paper but the damage difference is so small that it probably just isn't worth losing out to things like Swords Dance Scizor, Adamant Mamoswine and Mach Punch Breloom.

(and this is coming from the guy who originally proposed the whole '0 Spe' idea and played around with it for a little...it just aint worth it)

Cooky

Banned deucer.
It probably doesn't deserve a whole other set, but maybe a Cotton Dance Sub Seeder with Encore running 252 HP / 252 SpD could be used? The bonus of this is that as most pokemon straight out attack him you can accumulate boosts and outstall them with more ease, forcing switches and recovering HP.

Pure theorymon though I haven't tested it at all, and losing that status move is a huge drawback.

edit: Yeah I mean Cotton Guard. Oops...

@Cooky: Do you mean Cotton Guard? I used Cotton Guard Sub Seeder w/ Encore with the same EVs. It was my last pokemon against someone with a Scizor, Kingdra, and something else offensive. I stalled all three and won :) It is difficult for an occasion to rise, but it was worth "sweeping," with Erufuun.

To sum it up:
name: Cotton Guard
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Leech Seed
move 3: Encore
move 4: Cotton Guard
item: Leftovers
nature: Bold
ability: Mischievous Heart
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def

Isn't Charm a better option than Cotton Guard, in order to help a switch in set up on a physical threat, and make Erufuun even more of a team player?

-Zane

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
That's actually not a bad idea. +3 Atk is a 150% bonus, while -2 Atk is a -50% cut. It actually outpaces Dragon Dance users. I could see it being used on an entry hazard-heavy stall team, as it seems like it would force a LOT of switches. I'd probably use it with max Defense anyway, as I imagine coming in and Charming an opponent that hits you for ~50% means you can Charm, take nominal damage, and then throw up a Substitute. Needs entry hazard support, though.

That's actually not a bad idea. +3 Atk is a 150% bonus, while -2 Atk is a -50% cut. It actually outpaces Dragon Dance users. I could see it being used on an entry hazard-heavy stall team, as it seems like it would force a LOT of switches. I'd probably use it with max Defense anyway, as I imagine coming in and Charming an opponent that hits you for ~50% means you can Charm, take nominal damage, and then throw up a Substitute. Needs entry hazard support, though.
Yeah. Once the physical threat is Charmed, the opponent is likely to switch to a special threat, which is unlikely to appreciate Leech Seed or Stun Spore. Meanwhile, one of your own team mates would love the extra healing while setting up, or the extra time to set up if the opponent switches out. Feel like this would work best in a balanced team where you do have set up sweepers, but a good amount of entry hazards to take advantage of all the switches. Could also work well with a purely stall team, as it's much different to counter compared to regular PHazers.

-Zane

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
Nah, it's terrible in a team with setup sweepers. Memento is what you want to use if you want to set up a sweeper, because likelihood is you'll just Charm the opponent and then end up double switching.

As for counters, teammates with Roar or Whirlwind. Entry hazards work well too. Poisoning it also helps a lot (however, this is very difficult). Anything with Extremespeed (now has a 2+ priority) that hits hard.

Dragon Tail and Overhead Throw as well, since they are tauntproof.
Thank you very much for reminding me but they don't cause a switch when a Substitute is up. You have to watch out either way. Have a teammate with Heal Bell or Aromatherapy and a grass type doesn't hurt to. Meganium fits this criteria perfectly but who in the right mind would use it? Lucario works and it has a steel typing to protect it from Toxic.

Tornelos and Voltolos can give it a taste of its own medicine however, their base speed is 5 less.

Nah, it's terrible in a team with setup sweepers. Memento is what you want to use if you want to set up a sweeper, because likelihood is you'll just Charm the opponent and then end up double switching.
Oh. Right. Forgot it got Memento, for some reason. Yeah. Better on stall. I think I might play with Charm a little.

-Zane

I would change the nature to Timid and the EVs to 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe so it can outrun other Mischievous Heart users maybe even have the Salac Berry as a second option for the item. That's just my 2 cents.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
No.

Erufuun doesn't need to "outrun other mischievous heart users" at the cost of being actually bulky and taking hits. And Salac Berry? What? No. Just... no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)