np: OU Suspect Testing Round 2 - Who am I to break tradition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So instead of supporting your point, you make an absolutely absurd one instead. What is the reasoning to test it post-Drizzle? Nothing relevant really would've changed
Kindly read my post, which Kefka was referring to, for the reasoning supporting his own post. He didn't quote it so as not to extend the page, I presume.

It's also very short-sighted indeed to assume that if, say, an entire weather currently centralising the metagame is removed, that "nothing relevant would've changed" in regards to any other potential suspect, particularly those currently held in check by incredibly fast and powerful weather sweepers.

Wow. You're just,wow.
So if something can't be easily killed,it's broken?
You still act as if he can instantly heal up 80% of his HP and he has a move for everything along with perfect prediction skills.

And? I could have reached 1400 easily. I went up to 1280.
School started and I got bored and decided to have FUN.
Otherwise I would have the requirements,it's not your automatically know more than me just because you have a higher rank.
You're not even using proof to back up your statements. Everything you've used to "prove" that Rankurusu isn't broken hasn't even been good proof. You're resorting to stupid hyperbole to try and validate your points. You don't need perfect prediction with Rank. Rank can come in on everything on a stall team, and a lot of offensive teams nowadays too. I'll repeat, Nattorei is on every team and Rankurusu comes in for free and gets in a few Calm Minds or Recovers back to full health. The combination of Focus Blast and Psycho Shock is more than enough to deal with basically the entire metagame.

And your FUN argument is just pathetic and does nothing but diminishes your credibility. If you didn't qualify because you wanted to have fun, what are you doing arguing competitive Pokemon policy? Stick to having fun and using whatever you want, don't try and sway people that are actively determining where things should be tiered. Hyperbole isn't getting you anywhere in proving your "point".

I love how nobody is using logs to back up that Reuniclus is broken.

And Inconsistent and Doryuuzu had tons of logs complaining about sweeps by them, but strangely I see none for Reuniclus.

After playing a lot (and reading most of the posts in this thread), I am worried that people simply do not want to try out "interesting" remedies to their problems and would prefer to just endlessly complain about how they can't beat something and, clearly, it is broken (because of course everyone is an expert battler and losses are only incurred due to bogus luck or broken stuff). Consider the following scenarios:

"Yes, I have problems with Reuniclus or Conkeldurr. No, of course I'm not going to use Spiritomb as a counter, it's Spiritomb."

"Yes, I have problems with Excadrill or Landloss. No, of course I'm not going to use Bronzong as a counter, it's Bronzong."

"Yes, I have issues with Rain or Sand. No, I'm obviously not going to stick a weather move on my team, don't be stupid."

Honestly, I'm just advocating a little more open-mindedness on the part of the community as a whole. Obviously running a pure sand team and getting beaten by TR Reuniclus is going to be brutal but you should _adapt_ instead of rushing in and getting beaten by the next one.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I love how nobody is using logs to back up that Reuniclus is broken.
How about you shut up and *try* to play a bit, then. I'm not saying I want Reuniclus (or is it Reuniculus? fucking new names) banned, but you're really not helping repeating yourself with "I want logs derp".

"Yes, I have issues with Rain or Sand. No, I'm obviously not going to stick a weather move on my team, don't be stupid."
I know someone who is "pro-Rankurusu" who loved saying that. Oh, the irony.

Stall teams have always had problems with last Pokemon stat uppers. Just think of Rankurusu like that - what do you do with the last Pokemon on a stall team? Perish Song? Just keep attacking it? Something like CurseLax, for example, is hell to take down if its the last Pokemon against a stall team. It's not broken though, you just have to think about these things before making a team.

Either Rankurusu has no recovery, no boosting move or it doesn't have perfect coverage (unless it drops its STAB). It can't have all of them.
The thing is, you can't just stall out Rankurusu like you can Crocune. If you have Tspikes down, last man stat-uppers are not a problem to deal with. Except for CurseLax, but who even uses Snorlax anymore?

After playing a lot (and reading most of the posts in this thread), I am worried that people simply do not want to try out "interesting" remedies to their problems and would prefer to just endlessly complain about how they can't beat something and, clearly, it is broken (because of course everyone is an expert battler and losses are only incurred due to bogus luck or broken stuff). Consider the following scenarios:

"Yes, I have problems with Reuniclus or Conkeldurr. No, of course I'm not going to use Spiritomb as a counter, it's Spiritomb."

"Yes, I have problems with Excadrill or Landloss. No, of course I'm not going to use Bronzong as a counter, it's Bronzong."

Honestly, I'm just advocating a little more open-mindedness on the part of the community as a whole. Obviously running a pure sand team and getting beaten by TR Reuniclus is going to be brutal but you should _adapt_ instead of rushing in and getting beaten by the next one.
So you would have everyone run counters to everyone and have their entire team built up of Bronzongs and Spiritomb, and therefore terrible against teams that don't use those specific pokes countered by those pokes. Congrats on completely missing the points being made by every single person arguing for the banning of something

I got bored and decided to have FUN.

If you don't find playing Pokémon to be fun, I have a few ideas for you:
  • Shut up
  • Stop spamming this thread
  • Go do something else
You know, because you'd rather go have "fun".
Edit: Outside of beating Rank, Spiritomb has major issues due to his lack of useful resistances. Immunities to Fighting and Psychic are all right, but his defenses are too low to rely on stats alone. It's a shame, really.

Bronzong has that "it doesn't do anything" issue. In Gen IV, it could Explode to prevent something from using it's tin ass as set-up bait, but now, Explosion is half as powerful, so it doesn't work well. Skarmory beats out Bronzong on the floating Steel front.

You're not even using proof to back up your statements. Everything you've used to "prove" that Rankurusu isn't broken hasn't even been good proof. You're resorting to stupid hyperbole to try and validate your points. You don't need perfect prediction with Rank. Rank can come in on everything on a stall team, and a lot of offensive teams nowadays too. I'll repeat, Nattorei is on every team and Rankurusu comes in for free and gets in a few Calm Minds or Recovers back to full health. The combination of Focus Blast and Psycho Shock is more than enough to deal with basically the entire metagame.

And your FUN argument is just pathetic and does nothing but diminishes your credibility. If you didn't qualify because you wanted to have fun, what are you doing arguing competitive Pokemon policy? Stick to having fun and using whatever you want, don't try and sway people that are actively determining where things should be tiered. Hyperbole isn't getting you anywhere in proving your "point".
What is your stall team then? Because it's apparently super weak to Reuniclus.

And how is having FUN a pathetic argument?
School started and I would have less time to play to I decided to just play to have fun,which is what playing the game is all about.

Stop being such an ass about it.

We should probably stop it with the shitstorm currently being kicked up and logically discuss relevant stuff, guys, rather than flinging insults and such, perhaps?

If you don't find playing Pokémon to be fun, I have a few ideas for you:
  • Shut up
  • Stop spamming this thread
  • Go do something else
You know, because you'd rather go have "fun".
Yes,fun. Instead of laddering endlessly,I decided to use my old team and tweak with sets.
1.Stop assuming.
2.I don't spam.
3.I'm already doing something.

So you would have everyone run counters to everyone and have their entire team built up of Bronzongs and Spiritomb, and therefore terrible against teams that don't use those specific pokes countered by those pokes. Congrats on completely missing the points being made by every single person arguing for the banning of something
Um, I'm missing the point?

What I am saying is that if your wonderfully crafted stall team gets destroyed by a Reuniclus then you might consider using Spiritomb as your spin blocker / Reuniclus counter. You shouldn't dismiss a pokemon simply because it has niche roles, especially if the niche roles it has are the exact ones you need in order to succeed. I wouldn't "have everyone run counters to everyone," as you put it. I am simply saying that if you have a problem with some Poke, then there is a chance that an "out of the box" Pokemon may be able to assist you where others would not.

What I am saying is that if your wonderfully crafted stall team gets destroyed by a Reuniclus then you might consider using Spiritomb as your spin blocker / Reuniclus counter. You shouldn't dismiss a pokemon simply because it has niche roles, especially if the niche roles it has are the exact ones you need in order to succeed. I wouldn't "have everyone run counters to everyone," as you put it. I am simply saying that if you have a problem with some Poke, then there is a chance that an "out of the box" Pokemon may be able to assist you where others would not.
Making your team much worse against everything to counter one thing is not how teams should be built. DUH

In Spiritomb's case, it's a worse Burunkeru. It beats Rank, but when it comes to bulky Ghost-types/Spinblockers, Keru beats Tomb in literally every other way, and it can beat a few things that Tomb can't (Heatran, for example). Basically, you can run Tomb and beat Rank, or you can run Keru and beat everything else.

I don't spam.
lol

It also can stand up to a physical attack, outspeeds everything under TR and doesn't have 55 base HP! Holy shit!

Seriously though everyone, can we get back on track and stop the primitive mud-slinging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)