5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

My next question would be what programs can search for Gen V C-Gear seeds and work reasonably well on OS X? RNG Reporter takes way too long.

Really? RNGreporter is pretty much the only one out there and it doesn't take that long. It would if you aren't searching with the best parameters...I say, suck it up and be patient...The longest wait I have had was 30 minutes and that wasn't that bad...especially considering that I was able to RNG everything I needed with the seeds I obtained.

Really? RNGreporter is pretty much the only one out there and it doesn't take that long. It would if you aren't searching with the best parameters...I say, suck it up and be patient...The longest wait I have had was 30 minutes and that wasn't that bad...especially considering that I was able to RNG everything I needed with the seeds I obtained.
Are you on Mac OS X? I wish it would only take 30 minutes and not crash. For it to not crash, I have to painstakingly search one or two delays at a time. ;_;

Are you on Mac OS X? I wish it would only take 30 minutes and not crash. For it to not crash, I have to painstakingly search one or two delays at a time. ;_;
Well...one option is to download the RNGreporter for a PC To a USB storage device and go to a library or a college....somewhere with a PC and run it on that. Seems silly but if it is taking you hours this could be a solution.

can you re-use, non C-gear seeds by setting the date time back. If so when do you have to load the game, on the C-gear screen or when the screen goes black after you pressed no to cancel the load of the C-gear?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
can you re-use, non C-gear seeds by setting the date time back. If so when do you have to load the game, on the C-gear screen or when the screen goes black after you pressed no to cancel the load of the C-gear?
1) Yes. 2) After selecting Continue you say NO when it asks if you want to turn on the C-Gear, and YES to "Are you sure?" on the next screen.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Okay. I just masterballed a Modest 31 / 18 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 Tornelos. But I'd really like to get it in a Dusk Ball. I just need to know if I hit the same seed, do the same amount of steps inside the house, save the same amount of times (10) and spam A at the same approiximate rate, will I get the same nature on Tornelos (in a perfect world with no human inconsistency after a few tries yaddayadda). Or does the rain outside advance the PID at an uncontrollable speed? I haven't saved yet, but if it's just out of my hands I'll go ahead and save it then. I just need to know if it's theoretically possible or if there's some completely uncontrollable element in there.

I haven't been paying overly close attention, but I do recall getting the same IVs and Nature on 3 Tornelos in a row on one particular seed when I first started, so I assume it IS possible.

[edit]
jizzsticks

my cart popped out in my pocket

well, lets hope this does work... :/

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay. I just masterballed a Modest 31 / 18 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 Tornelos. But I'd really like to get it in a Dusk Ball. I just need to know if I hit the same seed, do the same amount of steps inside the house, save the same amount of times (10) and spam A at the same approiximate rate, will I get the same nature on Tornelos (in a perfect world with no human inconsistency after a few tries yaddayadda). Or does the rain outside advance the PID at an uncontrollable speed? I haven't saved yet, but if it's just out of my hands I'll go ahead and save it then.
I just need to know if it's theoretically possible or if there's some completely uncontrollable element in there.
I haven't been paying overly close attention, but I do recall getting the same IVs and Nature on 3 Tornelos in a row on one particular seed when I first started, so I assume it IS possible.

[edit]
jizzsticks

my cart popped out in my pocket

well, lets hope this does work... :/
Rain advances it at 60 frames / second this gen as noted here. Be careful for when the rain lets up, that isn't a rate but is the same advancement each time.

Good luck :)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Oh, just so it's said, incase anybody else asks, "manipulating" the Nature of the roamer till you find what you want is completely do-able.

1) I saved inside the house with the correct party to advance my frame to my target
2) Hit my seed
3) Walked my steps
4) Did 0 saves
5) Pressed Down to walk out the door and spammed A till the Roamer Cutscene ended
6) Flew to Black City and walked in and out till it started raining.
7) Masterballe'd and checked Nature and IVs (no AR in this case, so i just had the non boosted stats written down, and it was pretty easy to tell if I hit it or not)
8) Wrote down what 0 saves got me

I then repeated this with 1 save, 2, you get the picture. I got pretty consistent results, although I did notice that I would sometimes get a frame earlier or later, but nothing terrible. I found out that I could get a Modest Tornelos (my goal this time) with 10 saves. Took me 3 more tries after that to get it Modest again (kept getting Sassy, which was 1 frame before or something) but with a Dusk Ball instead of a Master Ball. But really, all in all, this really seemed like a pretty easy process.

i want this 31/31/31/17/31/17 dunsparce, i followed musicmeister step and chose this one on date 2011 02 01 at time 15:00:00 so i have to turn on the C-gear at this time? if so how to know what time i have to soft reset, before turning on the C-gear?
MAC half is 5504c3 and delay is 1051 seed(hex) is 26408e9

I dont know if im doing this wrong so here the steps that i were doing:
In first step I open the RNG reporter 8.40 and select "time finder" on "capture tab", after putting "method 5" I should put the IV spread that I want to (31/31/x/x/x/x) and also put Half MAC (5504c3) and max frame 3 (from have been told to me) min/max delay 1000/2000 and click generate. Then I select on frame (1) with right button I select "generate more times", doing that, another window will open with the seed from what frame I have selected (1550ada), year(2011), MAC half and bottom of these it have dates, time and delay.
Ok i choose one of these date, time and delay for example date-2011/01/01, time 00:00:00 and delay 1548. Now I open a program called "ZomgTimer" and put that delay on "target delay" and put on "target second" the seconds from what I have chose (in that case, from what I said the seconds is 00) and got this on first timer 15.11 and on second timer 45.383.
So i should be soft reseting at 00:00:00 so i have to active the first timer on 11:59:45 (or very close to that) because when It finish i will be softing reseting. Then the secondd timer will start, when It finishes I should be clicking "yes" on C-gear (inside the game, of course , not in title screen) so, then I sweet scent a high level pokemon and check It's IV for putting on "search IV", but it can't get a match, I already tryed to put a wide range on delay and seconds (+/- __999/999 and +/0__ 9/9) but It won't solve. What am I doing wrong?

Just a simple question, if I write down the info, from when I started the game, use my DS' mac in an emulator, would I be able to get the same non-cgear that I hit on Desmume on a real game? (I hope you understand what I mean).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just a simple question, if I write down the info, from when I started the game, use my DS' mac in an emulator, would I be able to get the same non-cgear that I hit on Desmume on a real game? (I hope you understand what I mean).
You would not.

Not even when I use the same mac on emu as DS' address? If not, only RNG Reporter 9 can help me to rng non-c-gear on a DS without AR?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Correct. There are four other numbers used for encrypting the seed, and these numbers differ between emulators, DS models and firmware, flashcards. Even using an AR changes these numbers.

You'll find out more when it comes out.

Correct. There are four other numbers used for encrypting the seed, and these numbers differ between emulators, DS models and firmware, flashcards. Even using an AR changes these numbers.

You'll find out more when it comes out.
Ah Ok! I'll wait, the European version hasn't released yet, but I was curions if it was possible, anyway, thanks for you time =)

ok my other question was answered by a frined, so here is a simple question:
I do think that now I did it, but I was trying to catching a lv.60 solrock, but it has exploded, so i have tryed again and the same lv.60 solrock appered, but it did it again (exploded) so in the third try a lv.60 solrock has appered. Is that normal when RNG at the same target time?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Yup, you hit the same seed each time, advanced the same amount each time, and encountered at the right time.

We know how encounter slots work, so you got the same one each time (dependent on seed). Now, the battle RNG decisions are not manipulable (pokeball results too, as I have seen) if you encounter on the same seed each time.

It's normal. Stop it from exploding, because it's going to every time!

Yup, you hit the same seed each time, advanced the same amount each time, and encountered at the right time.

We know how encounter slots work, so you got the same one each time (dependent on seed). Now, the battle RNG decisions are not manipulable (pokeball results too, as I have seen) if you encounter on the same seed each time.

It's normal. Stop it from exploding, because it's going to every time!

Oh finnaly!! ::))) so i should get other time /date for no more explosions!!

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Try not to double post in a row, just edit in a second question to your first one. I assume it works the same way for fishing, but no research has been done with encounter slots(fishing) or RNG patterns when fishing.

I'm going to get the UK Version of Black when it comes out here in Europe,
and here's my question:

Non-C-Gear Seeds are extremely easy to hit (just Soft Reset at the target
time). Also, we don't know a way to verify whether we hit our initial seed or
not at the moment, which might not matter, seeing as how Non-C-Gear
Seeds are that easy to hit; further, we have no way to advance the frame
other than Saving the game and putting a Pokémon into the PC and
withdraw it.

Does that mean I can RNG right from the start as soon as I get my game
when I use a low frame number? (I don't want to save 300 times just to get my
flawless Starter...)

Also, does walking in areas with no wild Pokémon still advance the frame
every 128 steps by the number of Pokémon in your Party? That might be
useful for early-game RNG'ing as well.

Thanks for answering in advance, I'm looking foreward to RNG'ing my starter
and some other stuff I want to catch early in the game.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Well, there are ways to verify whether or not you hit your seed in some circumstances. I believe that OmegaDonut mentioned quite some time ago that if you're in an area with wild mons and have to walk 100 or more steps to advance to your frame anyway, you can use when and where the shaking grass/ground/water pops up to determine whether or not you hit your seed. I've used this for Terakion, Cobalon, and Landros several times now. It could probably work for many more things too. I would attempt to hit my seed, walk the steps that I needed, and watch to see where and when the shaking grass/ground/water started. I would then complete my steps, masterball my target, and check to see if I had indeed hit my seed. THEN, I would reset and THIS TIME I would watch to see if the shaking grass/ground/water started in the same time and place. If it did, I would know that I hit my seed. I would then go ahead and spend the time whittling it's HP down and putting it to sleep to get it into the ball I wanted without having to worry about it not being the right IVs.

About RNGing your starter, if you have a low enough frame seed, sure go ahead. I think you might be confused a bit though because Saving your game advances your PID, not IVs.

Yes, walking (anywhere) advances your IV frame by the number of mons in your party per 128 steps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)