First Rate My Team (Gen 5)

Azelf@Focus Sash
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (-SpD +Spe)
Stealth Rock
Psychic
Fire Blast
Grass Knot

Azelf will get a free turn to set up rocks worry free with its sash. Also it can hit pretty hard with Fire Blast and STAB Psychic from a base 125 SpA. It can also hit common weather users such as Hippo T-Tar and Politoed

@Leftovers
252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature (-Atk +Def)
Wish
Protect
Dragon Pulse
Roar
Ability: Levitate

Latias can set up wishes effectively with its decent HP, speed and defenses.
She also can hit decently, with 0 SpA EVs. If she needs to she can roar out other pokemon at a good speed that could threaten her not getting a wish up or her dieing.

@Leftovers
Calm Nature (-Atk +SpD)
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sleep Talk
Will-o-wisp
Rest
Shadow ball
Ability: Pressure

Spiritomb is an all around good wall with max invested into SpD and HP. With its defenses he can Will-O-Wisp to take physical moves. Then when inflicted with status or gets down to low HP it can rest up to full health and be cured of status.

@Life Orb / Leftovers
Bold Nature (-Atk +Def)
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Calm Mind
Surf
Rest
Sleep Talk
Ability: Pressure

Suicune is a high defensed good attacking pokemon. With its all-around good stats it can easily set up calm minds and eliminate a lot threats the team may have.

@Scarf
Timid Nature (-Atk +Spe)
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Giga Drain
Bug Buzz
Focus Blast
Energy Ball/U-Turn?
Ability: Sticky Hold

Agirudaa is a fast killer with good SpA stats. With a choice scarf it can revenge kill almost everything. Along with revenge killing it can get some HP stat using giga drain and has a powerful STAB bug buzz. Focus blast can be used to get rid of annoying dark types like Zuruzukin and energy ball can get rid of annoying ground/water types. U-turn can also be used to kill a pokemon than leave the battle.

@Leftovers
Bold (-Atk +Def) / Calm (-Atk + SpD)
248 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpD
Leech Seed
Substitute
Encore
Taunt
Ability: Mischievous Heart

Erufuun with Mischievous Heart can easily set up Leech seed and a sub basically killing every pokemon with its attacks. With the priority you can always set up a sub first then leech seed than attack protect pretty much getting out of most situations it is in.

Please leave suggestions and constructive criticism!!​

eh, looks somewhat OK from a cursory glance, I don't have time for a detailed rate...
One thing was that in your description for Nattorei, so mentioned Leech Seed, which you didn't put on him, which you should. in Explosion's place. It's his only recovery move.

Thanks, I forgot that I had changed that before I wrote the desc. but it makes more sense to have it over explosion seeing its his only recovery move :)

Curse works differently for ghosts... but it says in your description of tomb that you are using it to take hits better...?

I've never tested it, but I can't see curse nattorei working very well with any fire move killing it and always being outsped, I would replace curse with spikes for more hazards and passive damage. The Latias is ok but could be much more useful with a calm mind set, especially since, if you're looking for something to use roar there are plenty of better mons (Heatran, Hippowdon). Curse obviously needs to go off of spiritomb so I would suggest sleep talk considering you're running rest. The suicune is fine, I'd suggest hp elec over fire. On erufuun, definatly use taunt over energy ball.

I've never tested it, but I can't see curse nattorei working very well with any fire move killing it and always being outsped, I would replace curse with spikes for more hazards and passive damage. The Latias is ok but could be much more useful with a calm mind set, especially since, if you're looking for something to use roar there are plenty of better mons (Heatran, Hippowdon). Curse obviously needs to go off of spiritomb so I would suggest sleep talk considering you're running rest. The suicune is fine, I'd suggest hp elec over fire. On erufuun, definatly use taunt over energy ball.
Im gonna keep wish Latias (Suicune**) and I was just about to take curse off of Spiritomb and i never really thought about Nattorei, Thanks!! Btw why should Erufuun have taunt over energy ball it makes it Erunotfuun :(

With Suicune's mediocre speed I personally don't see much value in Timid when you could invest in HP instead for sufficient bulk. Modest/Calm with 252 HP could give you considerably stronger legs to stand on and makes you likelier to perservere with Wish support from Latias.

I guess, it was supposed to be an offensive set + I have 3 decently bulky pokemon with me so I think about this one but defensive CM and Modest is sort of offensive

Hey I got your message! Since this is a rate my team not a reconstruct my team, I happen to think that changing members around on this team isn't really going to make you more successful with it, so I'll mostly stick to nitpicking some sets I dislike and pushing you in the right direction.

On Azelf, I don't see the purpose of Reflect- it certainly isn't staying around for long, and 5 turns can past faster that you think. Really it seems to be just filler. I'd opt for Grass Knot in this slot- it gives you great coverage and hits the annoying weather inducers (Tyranitar, Hippowdon and Politoed) for great damage. Also, there's no reason to lower your special defense with a Naive nature when you can lower your attack with a Timid nature at 0 cost, so use that instead.

Latias' spread is all over the place and I am honestly uncertain how you came up with it. Unless it fulfills a specific purpose, please just try 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef, Timid as it will get the job done just fine.

Suicune simply doesn't have the outright offensive presence it had last generation, and as such switching to a bulkier set will probably be much better in the long run. The last thing that Suicune wants to be doing is taking LO + SS + attacks with no recovery. Try a simple Crocune as it will probably fulfill your needs much better.

That's all the advice I have, good luck. I hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)