Stall team gen V

Well i have been playing gen 5 for quite some time and i find myself dealing with weather abuser so much, im sick of it so i want to build a solid stall team for common OU pokemons and stall is my playstyle.

this is my first thread and im new at this so go easy on me please :).

my team goal is to rack up damage with hazards, sandstorm and check commons pokemons (Excadrill says Hi). my team at glance.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

In battle stats:
HP:404
Atk:304
Def:289
S.atk:248
Sp Def:267,with SS 400
Spd:142

So my standar lead, i love this Tyranitar put SR and can deal with things like nattorei (OHKO with fire blast), Cruch for Rankuruso,Latias and things like Alakazan and Magic Mirror Espeon and Xatu., StoneE. for flying pokes and coverage

Genosekuto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 240 SPA / 18 atk / 252 Spd
MildNature (+Spa -Def)
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Bean
- Flamethrower

Genosek is my cleaner with a choice scarf outspeed a lot of thing plus this thing have superb coverage bol-bean combo plus flamethrower and a scout move is just to good to pass and with him i can clean a kill a lot of threads other tyranitars bulky water pokemons and stell types like scizor.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Acrobat
- Protect
- Fling
- Earthquake

Gliscor is just a monster is my status sponge and my main counter for Breloom, Excadril,Robooshin(i hate conkerdurrl...) and lucaio; i often switch into a spore, bulk up or SW, then Fling and star to kill things, gliscor is key member in this team is a greate pokemon overall.

the Ev spread i can survive a +2 rock slide for Excadrill, a +2 CC from lucario or Terakion and 120 in speed to outspeed breloon

Bloongell @ Leftovers
Ability- Water Absorb
Nature- Calm
EVs- 252 HP/108 def/144 spD
-Boil Over
-Recover
-Ice Bean
-Toxic

This is my spind blocker and have a good synergy with nattorie and gliscor due to his water type, also boil over for stab and ice bean for dragons like Sasandora, Latios, Salamence and toxic for stall.

The Ev spread 252 max hp 108 to take some hits even though this is my special wall and 144 to reach 310 Spd to take a Choise specs DM from latios and recover the damage.

Forretress
@leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP /20 Def / 240 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Rapid Spind
- Volt Change
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes

Forretress is now my rapid spiner and toxic spikes for better stall i use him instead of nattorei because i need toxi spikes
(but i need a better toxic spiker and rapid spiner this thing just die to easly)

Latias @Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Spdef / 220Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm mind
- Dragon pulse
- Roar
- Recover
Latias is for beat the other calminders like kerudio or special base Landlos, is my phazer and give me a fire resistances
i beat kerudio with calm mind and them phaze him out, rankuruso to if is not last man.

i find hard dealing with rain teams , rankuruso , and Landlos

Change i made : change nattorei for forretres, and Excadrill for Latias

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability- Sand stream
Nature- Quite
EVs- 252 HP / 50 Def / 196 SpA
-Stealth Rock
-Crunch / Dark Pulse
-Dark Pulse / Thunderbolt
-Fire Blast / Flamethrower

Try this set may be a little better. You have 2 other ice beamers 1 of which is a pretty strong attacker. Keep SR use dark pulse over crunch if you are using T-Bolt over 3rd slot Dark Pulse and for Fire Blast and Flamethrower you pick, reliable or powerful.

Also make your Gliscor run roost if you want, but you do have poison heal put if you have SD it could make your Gliscor vulnerable.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability- Sand stream
Nature- Quite
EVs- 252 HP / 50 Def / 196 SpA
-Stealth Rock
-Crunch / Dark Pulse
-Dark Pulse / Thunderbolt
-Fire Blast / Flamethrower

Try this set may be a little better. You have 2 other ice beamers 1 of which is a pretty strong attacker. Keep SR use dark pulse over crunch if you are using T-Bolt over 3rd slot Dark Pulse and for Fire Blast and Flamethrower you pick, reliable or powerful.

Also make your Gliscor run roost if you want, but you do have poison heal put if you have SD it could make your Gliscor vulnerable.
Thanks men! I will make the change now, nothing else?

So... many... typos... Although, I lol'd at bol-bean coverage.

How exactly does your Gliscor plan to counter Roopushin, who walks over your entire team otherwise mind you, without Acrobat? Tell me what exaclty the point of having Fling without Acrobat in the first case anyway?

Likewise Blazike with Stone Edge or Shadow claw also ruins you with enough speed boosts. You have a pretty bad Fire and Fighting weakness in general.

*agrees with Jaroda*
Either get rid of Fling, or replace Protect or SD with Acrobat. I recommend replacing Fling with Toxic.

Why does Natorrei have TWave? For stalling you need someone to set up two layers of Toxic Spikes and get rid of TWave because it does not do anything for stacking up residual damage and stalling. Furthermore, your Natorrei loses to all other Natorrei that has Leftovers because they'll attack you and be recovering off the damage while yours dies. Replace TWave with Gyro Ball or Protect.

Also your Excadrill loses to Jolly Excadrills. I recommend Jolly over Adamant.

So... many... typos... Although, I lol'd at bol-bean coverage.

How exactly does your Gliscor plan to counter Roopushin, who walks over your entire team otherwise mind you, without Acrobat? Tell me what exaclty the point of having Fling without Acrobat in the first case anyway?

Likewise Blazike with Stone Edge or Shadow claw also ruins you with enough speed boosts. You have a pretty bad Fire and Fighting weakness in general.
you are totaly right i already made the changes and put latias and forretrees how you see the team now?

Yeah, your Latias should have Leftovers. Balloon is pointless because of levitate. Gliscor should run Fling > SD for an actual reason to have Acrobat (or you might as well just use Wing Attack). Also, your descriptions are a little short, you should say how you defeat the usual counters. I'm finding it hard to narrow down the specific problems.

Yeah, your Latias should have Leftovers. Balloon is pointless because of levitate. Gliscor should run Fling > SD for an actual reason to have Acrobat (or you might as well just use Wing Attack). Also, your descriptions are a little short, you should say how you defeat the usual counters. I'm finding it hard to narrow down the specific problems.
the latias ballon was a mistake xD i made the change in glisco works fine but i find the lack of power :/

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

In battle stats:

As you can see, this version is the best of bulky and offensive TTtar lead. Its defence allows to hold a lot of 2x super effective moves and revenge them with powerful moves such Stone Edge or Fire Blast. Leftovers is the best item to recover HP every turn. Crunch is powerfull and has STAB boost, but if you want more damage, change it with Payback and put TTar IVs in 0; with 0 IVs TTar has only 119 spd so he is out speeded by non-quiet-0IVs Abomansnow, but so as you get Sand Storm active in the field.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

In battle stats:

As you can see, this version is the best of bulky and offensive TTtar lead. Its defence allows to hold a lot of 2x super effective moves and revenge them with powerful moves such Stone Edge or Fire Blast. Leftovers is the best item to recover HP every turn. Crunch is powerfull and has STAB boost, but if you want more damage, change it with Payback and put TTar IVs in 0; with 0 IVs TTar has only 119 spd so he is out speeded by non-quiet-0IVs Abomansnow, but so as you get Sand Storm active in the field.
i will make the change rigth away to see how it goes :) thanks

i really need a better toxic spyker men... forretres just dont do the job done i find very hard dealing with things like Empoleon and strong fire atacks some suggestions?

1. Fix typos
2. Increase descriptions with things such as why you chose the pokemon, what each individual move does and what role the pokemon plays on the team. Say why you chose the specific nature and EVs.
3. Remove the "In Battle Stats" on Tyranitar.
4. Try Wish on Latias. It can the rest of your team, as well as pile on Toxic damage with Protect. Obviously, Volt Change shouldn't be the only way to switch Forretress. Just switch it, and it won't die so easily. I don't understand how Genosect takes down Tyranitar, and why it's used to deal with Scizor. First of all, Gliscor handles both of them perfectly fine, unless Tyranitar runs Ice Beam. Second, Genosect doesn't really have anything that can hurt Tyranitar a great deal, including Sandstorm. I recommend changing Genosect to something that's bulky. Too lazy to do this now @_@

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)