Nuzlocke Challenge

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1. No unless an Abra shows up. 2. No. 3. Pick speed or defense, they fill similar roles.

I feel so special, everyone`s naming their rival after me these days (for the full Nuzlockers this is also referring to Scramble events).

Round 2 Update

First Gym (easily) in the bag for the team.

Much like my first go through the early stages of the game, my team had little problem getting through Roxanne. I'm assuming (hoping) Brawly will be the same with my current team (below), but ultimately it'll be how I fare against Watson when I get to him that will determine if this team has the goods long term.

So far I've made only one team decision, deciding to go with Yunti the Poochyena over Laurie the Zigzagoon. One reason being Pickup, which has netted me too many tempting items already. The other being that Mightyena will get Intimidate, which will make him (and my team) that much bulkier.

And of course, should disaster hit, I've got some Pokemon in the PC to rebuild around. Hopefully that doesn't happen. Also hoping for a bulky Pokemon in Dewford, but the RNG works in funny ways...

Current Roster

Kipula LV16

Yunti LV11

Jarrila LV12

PC Party

Laurie LV10

Leonard LV7

Round 1 Pokes mentioned in previous post.

None for Round 2!

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I did suffer a scare with Phi earlier in the Lance double battle. Phi is at half health from Subbing alongside Dragonite when Ariana sens out Murkrow as her last. Lance being the moron he is decides to make Dragonite Fly. Murkrow the crit Wing Attacks Phi down to around 8 hp left before Fly finished him off.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
O.k ill drop Lapras. Stil a little stuck though as im not sure if Fire attacks are useful seeing as I still have to drop one of either Magmar (Flamstrike), Crush (Marrowak with Thick Bone and Rock Head), Chill (Shellder with Skill kink + impish), Staryu (Star) with Natural Cure + Recover and Rediamond (Kanga). They are all pretty good but I gotta drop one of them. hmm still a bit stuck

Also RE the Safari Zone I go for one pokemon per area. If it runs then I go for the next pokemon in that area and so on till I finally catch a pokemon. Maybe it makes things to easy but w/e I like diverse teams.

Texas Cloverleaf

Id drop Kanga and Magmar. Kanga lacks the BST to carry you much farther than you are while even Magmortar will be hard to support with its low speed and poor defensive coverage.

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol I only need to drop one not two (unless I get something cool later on!) So im tossing up between Kanga and Magmar. I have used Kanga before (Sub/Focus Punch/Outrage/Return) which pretty much took out the Elite 4 Twice and was instrumental in winning the Lance + Clair tag battle. However this is the first time I have got a Magmar in a HG Nuzlocke and was not sure just how useful its Fire attacks would be

Anyway after much thought I have decided to run a newly caught Misdreavus instead of Magmar. Works nice with Umbreon and gives me a fighting check which I lack. Cue MASSIVE grind where I try and get my safari pokemon up to the levels of Shadow and Sunbeam

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kanga has fewer weaknesses though, and you are running a good set there. What nature/ability/item is it running?

Part 3: First Blood

I'm limiting my image count for this and future updates, they take up too much space to spam.

Route 3 revealed a Spearow. It seemed redundant with Sky around, but I caught it and named him Cloud.

Mount Moon gives up a Zubat. Of course. Speaking of things for which I am low on nicknames... Puta the Zubat will be boxed as well.

Shortly after learning Hyper Fang, Mara was killed by a Bellsprout in Mt. Moon. First death :( Shelly was moved up to active status to replace her.

Michael evolved!

We beat Super Nerd Miguel and escaped out on to Route 4. Encountering an Ekans, we caught her; Hollie will join the team immediately. Shelly, who is about 200 exp from evolving, will sit in the box again.

There's a fair bit of grinding to do before I'll feel confident enough to take on my rival, so I'll close this update for now.

Michael the Wartortle, Bashful, Level 18
Sky the Pidgey, Brave, Level 17
Hollie the Ekans, Brave, Level 8

Cloud the Spearow, Naive, Level 6
Puta the Zubat, Careful, Level 7
Shelly the Kakuna, Modest, Level 9

Mara the Rattata, Mild, Level 2-13

Update 5: A fallen friend leads to a new ally.

After I crushed Brawly, found Steven, and added Axel the Sableye to my party, I decide to make my way to Slateport. When I arrive on the sandy beaches of Slateport, I start challenging the various trainers, trying to get Axel caught up with my team. Things are going good, until I switch in Maxx against a Machop. Now I know, Dark loses to fighting, but I just wanted the little exp. that I would get, then switch back to Axel. I misclicked, leaving Maxx to take a Low Kick, and pass away before my very eyes. My poor Adamant Maxx... You will be missed. R.I.P. :'[

Well, after this shocking loss, I decide that it's time to take on Team Aqua. They prove to be a piece of cake for Axel, Leonidas, Tia, and Athena. After establishing my dominance over the puny Team Aqua, I head off to Route 110 to replace Maxx. That's where I encounter yet another Pokemon I have never used, Gulpin. I catch the bugger. (Jose, Lv. 12, Jolly)

Battling the Trainers along the Route, and May was easy. No losses, and not even a close call. Mauville and Watson, here I come. I feel some grindin' time coming on.

(Cause I am lazy atm and I didn't wanna go sprite hunting. lol)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Obligatory daily Update. This one takes me from the Nugget Bridge to Route 6.

Update #1
Update #2
Update #3

• If a Pokemon faints, It will be boxed, never to come out of the PC again.
  • Only catch the first wild Pokemon encountered in an area.
  • Battle Style will be "Set".
  • No Items used outside of battle, with the exception of giving a Pokemon an item or to use a TM.
  • Only Pokeballs are to be bought in a mart.
  • I can leave a Gym to Heal only if I've beaten all the minor trainers.
  • Nicknames are compulsory.

• Picked off at Cerulean City.
  • Went up the notorious Nugget Bridge, where Stingers dies to the fifth member's Mankey...Enter Sparrow, who avenges Stingers death, pecking Mankey into oblivion.
  • Got a Nugget from a team Rocket member!
  • Caught Worm the Caterpie on Route 24, who was boxed immediately.
  • Caught Root the Oddish on Route 25, who stayed on the team as a back up for RootOfEvil.
  • Eventually found a house where a err...Clefairy resided. I helped the Pokemon out & got a Ticket.
  • Then went into the Cerulean Gym, beat the minor trainer with ease & confronted Misty, who wasn't feeling confident after Texas beat him with a Fire Type...
  • I lead out with RootOfEvil & decimated her team with it, following a simple strategy: Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, ATTACK!!! It was such an effective strategy that not even a Critical Hit Swift from Starmie was enough to cause any troubles. I got the Cascade Bade & the TM for water Pule & moved on.
  • I found a digging thief & stopped him in his tracks, despite a close scare for Rock Pile.
  • Caught Ninth Life the Meowth on Route 5, & boxed him, planning to use him as a HM Slave.
  • On Route 6 at the moment.

Sparrow (Female Spearow) @ Nothing
Lv:17/Bashful/Keen Eye
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Fury Attack
Comments: Has replaced Flapper as recommended, doing a fine job, but appears to be a weak link in the side at the moment.

Root (Female Oddish) @ Nothing
Lv:17/Bashful/Chlorophyll
-Absorb
-Sweet Scent
-PoisonPowder
-Stun Spore
Comments: Serving as back up to RootOfEvil, she's doing a good job with a recovery move & Stun Spore. A worthy back up.

Rock Pile (Female Geodude) @ Nothing
Lv:19/Rash/Rock Head
-Mega Punch
-Defence Curl
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
Comments: Rock Pile, like RootOfEvil, is a very powerful member & is critical to my success in this Nuzlocke. Had a few scares, but is doing fine.

RootOfEvil (Male Ivysaur) @ Nothing
Lv:22/Calm/Overgrow
-Tackle
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Razor Leaf
Comments: The starter & the undisputed leader of the team, always willing to help his team mates when they're near death. RootOfEvil will be critical to my success in this Nuzlocke. Too strong against Misty, takes Critical hit Swifts like a champ.

Worm (Male Caterpie) @ Nothing
Lv:7/Careful/Sheild Dust
-Tackle
-String Shot
Comments: Boxed because it's pathetic. What else?

Flapper (Female Pidgey) @ Nothing
Lv:13/Jolly/Keen Eye
-Tackle
-Sand Attack
-Gust
-Quick Attack
Comments: Flapper has been boxed in favour of Sparrow, is a back up in case Sparrow bites the dust.

Ninth Life (Male Meowth) @ Nothing
Lv:13/Timid/Pickup
-Scratch
-Growl
-Bite
Comments: Boxed because it's useless, will be used as an effective HM Slave though.

Joey (Female Rattata) @ Nothing
Lv:9/Modest (Bah...)/Run Away
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
Comments: First casualty as expected. No-one on the team really liked her anyway. Caught on Route 22 when I really wanted a Nidoran, Joey was weak, & useless. Weak enough to be killed by a Lv14 Spearow. RIP.

Stingers (Male Beedrill) @ Nothing
Lv:14/Quiet/Shed Skin
-Poison Sting
-String Shot
-Harden
-Fury Attack
Comments: Stingers was a useful member early game, with a powerful Fury Attack, he was a great member. Sadly, he fell on the Nugget Bridge to a random crit from a Lv18 Mankey's Fury Swipes. He will sorely be missed. RIP.

That's all for today's update. Stay tuned for more Nuzlockiness.

Texas Cloverleaf

I`m covinced that I have (almost) the ultimate HG Nuzlocke team. With Golem, Gengar, Poliwrath, Umbreon and Ambipom my team has amazing defensive and offensive synergy. The only potential to replacement would be an Alakazam over Ambipom. When I get Mamoswine I won`t have any issues with Lance either. While it is true that the team is rather Fighting weak (less so if Alakazam>Ambipom) Specs`d Gengar shits all over and Fighting type with double stab Shadow Ball.

Currently running through Radio Tower with my team sittingb between 33-34 after having Poliwrath, Golem and Gengar completely destroy Chuck, Jasmine and Pryce. Specs`d Shadow Balls, Magnitudes (now EQs) and a bunch of Sub Punching.

Final note, USE POLIWRATH. He is so amazing as a Sub Puncher, I used a Miltank with sub in a previous Scramble and loved it for shitting all over Lance but I love this thing more with its amazing ingame typing, use him.

I am now taking on the Nuzlocke Challenge on Pokemon FireRed. :D

I am now about to take on Misty with RAWR, the Charmeleon, Marmalade, the Butterfree, Rags, the Jigglypuff, and Hermes, the Zubat. Wish me luck! ;D

ginganinja

Nice Team Texas. Mind sharing your team's sets?

As for me im still grinding away. The p;lus side is that I now have TWO Water Stones (thanks to me pokethoning whenever I got bored with Grinding. I'm trying to get my team (namely my recently added pokemon) to Level 30. So far my little Ghosty and Crush have both made it. Star and Shellder are both Level 20 odd so I might be able to update late in the day tomorrow.

Texas Cloverleaf

Lets see
Umbreon: Payback, Dig, Confuse Ray, Pursuit (Fanit Attack in 3)
Poliwrath: Surf, Body Slam, Focus Punch, Substitute (Waterfall post-Clair)
Gengar: Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Confuse Ray, Curse (Dark Pulse in 1)
Golem: Earthquake, Rock Blast, Strength, Rock Smash (Double Edge and Stone Edge be level up)
Ambipom: Double Hit, U-Turn, Shadow Claw, Iron Tail (Whatever TMs I find that are useful)

Replacement moves in brackets.

I have a few questions about my HG-Nuzlocke. My team is currently Croconaw/Scyther/Nidorina/Stantler/Kadabra/Gastly. Now I wonder if it is worth keeping the Gastly, if I can get it to Gengar at lv 25. By level-up it doesn't learn much more than Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse, and it's kinda frail, so I wonder if I should keep it.

Also, I just got my Eevee from Bill, what should I evolve it in, looking at my current team?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a few questions about my HG-Nuzlocke. My team is currently Croconaw/Scyther/Nidorina/Stantler/Kadabra/Gastly. Now I wonder if it is worth keeping the Gastly, if I can get it to Gengar at lv 25. By level-up it doesn't learn much more than Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse, and it's kinda frail, so I wonder if I should keep it.

Also, I just got my Eevee from Bill, what should I evolve it in, looking at my current team?
Definitely keep Gengar. Ground, Normal, and Fighting immunities, a host of resists, absolutely wastes half of the E4, amazing Speed and Special Attack, and combining Shadow Ball with Focus Blast gives you unresisted type coverage with two spare move slots. If you're going to get rid of anyone, get rid of Alakazam and not Gengar. Slap a Choice Specs on Gengar and watch him rape wholesale face.

As for Eevee, you're missing a reliable special sponge and psychic resistance, so I'd suggest Umbreon (unless you're getting Scizor). If you're getting Scizor, go for Jolteon if you can trade for a T-Bolt TM. His movepool isn't that versatile but he fills his niche pretty nicely, and you could always use a reliable electric type for Lance.

I wasn't really planning on using Stantler for long; I just got it, so I though I'd try something with that. I guess I'll drop that for a future Umbreon then. Too bad it has to be max happiness and all that jazz :/ Time to walk around a lot lol.

So, I started a Diamond Nuzlocke today, and am currently grinding to face Mars, as I have only two competent party members, as my Turtwig was killed... BY A FUCKING LEVEL 7 PACHIRISU. DAMN YOU, RAZOR LEAF MISSES + BIDE. Argh, whatever. Fianna the Zubat, and Wingala the Staravia, it's all you, chicas!

Rules are just the basics, really. Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to grind FOREVER.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)