TR isn't really something to have one or two pokemon based around. You should have more powerful TR-usable pokemon, who can easily come in and do some serious damage. After all, it's not as if Bronzong is the TR sweeping plague of the metagame. I would recommend something slow and powerful, maybe bulky too. There are in fact many options, including Roobushin (who also has Mach Punch for priority) Shubalgo, Zuruzukin and even Rampardos (although that isn't something I would say is a good idea). Latios is good, but the fact that it is nowhere near compatible both in and out of TR is a bit bad.
Also, yes, I think Chansey should run SR, preferrably over Softboiled as you already have a recovery in Wish, and while Softboiled's helpful, it's not 100% necessary. It aslo means Skarmory can run Spikes, which is good considering the number of switches SkarmBliss forces when combined with Whirlwind.
Fair point about RD teams, they are pretty annoying. If you want to keep the TR theme in your team, Burungeru goes nicely. It's a born wall, and while nowhere near as good as Blissey, it compensates by a) having better defense, b) being able to use Will-o-Wisp, c) having a key immunity to water, and d) being an excellent spinblocker. It can annoy any RD team that doesn't play a half-decent counter (curse you voltolos) and gets as good a weather counter as any other.

I totally get why ur running a weather counter pokemon. i pack a scizor with rain dance, but i pair it with something that benefits from the rain dance, to squeeze all the juice out of my team.scizor benefits from it obviously with the fire weakness. and kingdra just shines in rain. what ur looking for is a pokemon with cloud nine perhaps? since none of ur pokemon benfits from weather and there are sunny day teams here and there u might run into. How about Nattorei, it threaten most pokes on a rain dance team, carries gyro ball like ur bronzong, and can wear walls like blissey/chansey down to death by seeding.I wont give a moveset, cuz i bet u already thought of that

TR isn't really something to have one or two pokemon based around. You should have more powerful TR-usable pokemon, who can easily come in and do some serious damage. After all, it's not as if Bronzong is the TR sweeping plague of the metagame. I would recommend something slow and powerful, maybe bulky too. There are in fact many options, including Roobushin (who also has Mach Punch for priority) Shubalgo, Zuruzukin and even Rampardos (although that isn't something I would say is a good idea). Latios is good, but the fact that it is nowhere near compatible both in and out of TR is a bit bad.
Also, yes, I think Chansey should run SR, preferrably over Softboiled as you already have a recovery in Wish, and while Softboiled's helpful, it's not 100% necessary. It aslo means Skarmory can run Spikes, which is good considering the number of switches SkarmBliss forces when combined with Whirlwind.
Fair point about RD teams, they are pretty annoying. If you want to keep the TR theme in your team, Burungeru goes nicely. It's a born wall, and while nowhere near as good as Blissey, it compensates by a) having better defense, b) being able to use Will-o-Wisp, c) having a key immunity to water, and d) being an excellent spinblocker. It can annoy any RD team that doesn't play a half-decent counter (curse you voltolos) and gets as good a weather counter as any other.
Hi,
thanks for all the advice!
okay
1. If i switch Softboiled with SR a lot of physical counters usually switch in when they see chansey, not giving me time to wish. So i think i'll keep both wish, and softboiled and get rid of toxic, seeing as Nattorei is such a common switchin and theres alot of steels running around nowadays and it's not as effective as it was in gen 4.
2. I don't really want a trick Room team. I'm sure you've witnessed how good Rankurusu is on any team. He's there more or less to mix up the pace.
3. I'll try a Zuruzukin, seeing as how I've been at the receiving end of it. However I'm running:

Zuruzukin @ Leftovers
Shed Skin
252 HP 40 Atk 216 SpD Careful
Sunny Day
Rain Dance / Rest
Drain Punch
Crunch

I know it is gimmicky, but with same defenses, stronger attack stat, it can pull off what Bronzong was doing better.

Thats all I have to say. Thanks for the rate!

I totally get why ur running a weather counter pokemon. i pack a scizor with rain dance, but i pair it with something that benefits from the rain dance, to squeeze all the juice out of my team.scizor benefits from it obviously with the fire weakness. and kingdra just shines in rain. what ur looking for is a pokemon with cloud nine perhaps? since none of ur pokemon benfits from weather and there are sunny day teams here and there u might run into. How about Nattorei, it threaten most pokes on a rain dance team, carries gyro ball like ur bronzong, and can wear walls like blissey/chansey down to death by seeding.I wont give a moveset, cuz i bet u already thought of that
Hi,
thanks for the rate.

Weather is a pain in the ass. I took a look at all the Cloud Niner's and the only one that really interested me was Lickilicky. Its a beast and can set up its own weather, either SD or RD.

I loved using DroughtTales late game when the opponent let me KO their weather inducer, meaning their sweepers could no longer sweep. It worked great! But as I said I lack in the physical department.

However while it may seem stupid, I don't really want a weather team myself. I'd prefer to run a normal team, that can COUNTER weather.

Nattorei has always been in and out of my team. I like it but it hasn't got that realiable way to recover :/.

Anyway thanks for the rate!

Just a nitpick but gpruugu does resist all of hitmontops attacks. I don't understand why you have trick room. Bronzong is not exactly the best trick room sweeper so rankurusu is the only one who really benefits from it and if you want trick room you shouold probably base a team around it.

Just a nitpick but gpruugu does resist all of hitmontops attacks. I don't understand why you have trick room. Bronzong is not exactly the best trick room sweeper so rankurusu is the only one who really benefits from it and if you want trick room you shouold probably base a team around it.
Thanks for the rate.

do you reckon I should run Sucker Punch over something else?

Trick ROom is more just too change the pace up. I know Bronzong isn't the best abuser, but I needed somethign that could change the weather and hit on the physical side. Right now I'm trying out Zuruzukin with SD Rest Drain Punch Crunch.

Make Hitmontop your lead. It can Fake Out and dissuade the enemy from bothering to try to lay hazards in the first place because you have Rapid Spin. And if they're stupid enough to waste a turn laying them down then hey, works for you. Sucker Punch will handle those Ghosts that try to spin black you like Chandelure. I wouldn't bother against Gellicent though who is more likely to try and status you.

Your usual TR Rankurusu with a twist. Instead of Magic Guard I gave it regeneration. Here are my reasonings:

1. All I need is one trick Room and then I attack, theres not mmuch of a chance for someone to switch in a status spreader and Toxic/WoW me.
2. Unpredictability. Most expect Magic Guard.
3. Regeneration helps with the recovery.
None of these are reasons to run Regeneration instead. Magic Guard is bar none its best ability. So what if people expect Magic Guard? They immediately figure out otherwise when you switch in and take either Sandstorm, entry hazard or LO damage, all of which can be prevented with Magic Guard and eliminating the need for Regeneration in the first place. Especially considering a Reuncilus in TR has hardly any reasons to switch in the first place.

Just use Protect on Chansey over Softboiled. There's really no need for Softboiled whatsoever. Why take a turn to heal when you can prevent the damage altogether and not risk getting a crit? That or Toxic.

Gliscor probably wants some speed if you're going to go SD. Pick something you want to outspeed and outspeed it. Tyranitar is a start.

Latios with HP Fire can't reach max speed because it lowers your speed IV by one. It is therefore unnecessary to have 252 Speed EVs. Run just enough to outpace base 108s instead and put a little more in HP. Grass Knot is useless. Thunderbolt is useless. STAB Draco Meteor hits everything bar Steels the hardest. Remember, you have to take BP into account. SE Thunderbolt is 190 BP. STAB Draco Meteor is 210. Surf on the other hand lets you hit Heatran. If you don't care about Heatran though than just use Trick. Trick is much better on Blissey/Chansey than Psycho Shock anyway. Not only do they become useless, but Chansey loses Evo stone.

And that's all she wrote. Interesting Scrafty, could probably work.

Make Hitmontop your lead. It can Fake Out and dissuade the enemy from bothering to try to lay hazards in the first place because you have Rapid Spin. And if they're stupid enough to waste a turn laying them down then hey, works for you. Sucker Punch will handle those Ghosts that try to spin black you like Chandelure. I wouldn't bother against Gellicent though who is more likely to try and status you.

None of these are reasons to run Regeneration instead. Magic Guard is bar none its best ability. So what if people expect Magic Guard? They immediately figure out otherwise when you switch in and take either Sandstorm, entry hazard or LO damage, all of which can be prevented with Magic Guard and eliminating the need for Regeneration in the first place. Especially considering a Reuncilus in TR has hardly any reasons to switch in the first place.

Just use Protect on Chansey over Softboiled. There's really no need for Softboiled whatsoever. Why take a turn to heal when you can prevent the damage altogether and not risk getting a crit? That or Toxic.

Gliscor probably wants some speed if you're going to go SD. Pick something you want to outspeed and outspeed it. Tyranitar is a start.

Latios with HP Fire can't reach max speed because it lowers your speed IV by one. It is therefore unnecessary to have 252 Speed EVs. Run just enough to outpace base 108s instead and put a little more in HP. Grass Knot is useless. Thunderbolt is useless. STAB Draco Meteor hits everything bar Steels the hardest. Remember, you have to take BP into account. SE Thunderbolt is 190 BP. STAB Draco Meteor is 210. Surf on the other hand lets you hit Heatran. If you don't care about Heatran though than just use Trick. Trick is much better on Blissey/Chansey than Psycho Shock anyway. Not only do they become useless, but Chansey loses Evo stone.

And that's all she wrote. Interesting Scrafty, could probably work.
Thanks,
took all your advice lol. What moves do you reckon on TechiniTop? Fake out / Mach Punch / Sucker Punch / Rapid Spin?

EDIT: Are you sure you mean to outpace BASE 108's? Becuase then I lose to a lot of things such as Sazandora / Ononosuku ??

EDIT: I don't see much use in running extra speed on Gliscor. TTar can't really do anything, no use in outspeeding Cloysterr, Ludicolo, Kingdra.

I might just put enough to outpace base 100's.

That's what I said, base 108s. Latios is base 110 it's the next highest tier. That's the musketeer legendaries and Infernape. Sazy and Ono are base 98 and 97 respectively, so you don't lose to them. Some Tyranitar carry Ice Beam, so it's not unreasonable.

That's what I said, base 108s. Latios is base 110 it's the next highest tier. That's the musketeer legendaries and Infernape. Sazy and Ono are base 98 and 97 respectively, so you don't lose to them. Some Tyranitar carry Ice Beam, so it's not unreasonable.

okay, but Latios doesn't even reach the base 108's tier LOL. Base 108's is 252, Latios with neutral is 255.

I will run the extra speed Ev's to outspeed Ttar like you said :)

Hitmontop @ Life Orb
Intimidate
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

-Rapid Spin
-Sucker Punch
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch/Fake Out/Stone Edge

While your opponent may not know what Hitmontop set you're running, they are pretty likely to switch in a Ghost type to spin-block (or take the Fake Out/Mach Punch). Sucker Punch is a must as it deals damage to spin-blockers. Sucker Punch on the switch to KO, and then Rapid Spin away.

(This is not meant to be a lead)

okay, but Latios doesn't even reach the base 108's tier LOL. Base 108's is 252, Latios with neutral is 255.

I will run the extra speed Ev's to outspeed Ttar like you said :)
I really don't understand what you're trying to say. Latios is base 110. Terakion/Virizion/Keldio/Cobalon/Infernape are base 108. A Latios with max speed will always outrun max speed 108s barring scarf. But HP Fire means you can't tie with other base 110s anymore like Lati@s, Gengar, Espeon, etc. Therefore, you only need enough speed to always outrun max speed 108s. Does that make sense?

I really don't understand what you're trying to say. Latios is base 110. Terakion/Virizion/Keldio/Cobalon/Infernape are base 108. A Latios with max speed will always outrun max speed 108s barring scarf. But HP Fire means you can't tie with other base 110s anymore like Lati@s, Gengar, Espeon, etc. Therefore, you only need enough speed to always outrun max speed 108s. Does that make sense?
I understand now. I thought you meant too put enough Ev's to beat 108's with neutral nature and no investment, but you mean to beat 108's with positive nature and 252, which means Latios needs to hit a speed of 347??

If not I really don't undestand you..

Hey, I got your message. This looks like a pretty interesting team; however, I have some comments.

I find it strange and unnecessary that you are running Sunny Day on Scrafty when most of your team doesn't really have a problem with weather outside of heavy offense rain teams. Besides, Scrafty usually isn't going to have a chance to use sunny day when things like Kingdra in the rain spam specs hydro pump or something stupid like that -_- I suggest running rest over Sunny Day as Shed Skin helps with the sleep time, and not much can OHKO you if you pull off a few bulk ups.

I also think that running rapid spid on Hitmontop is unnecessary as none of your team is weak to stealth rock, and one is immune and one is resistant. In addition, only half your team is weak to spikes. Honestly, there are better fighting pokemon than Hitmontop in my opinion if you are not using him as a spinner.

As for the overall team, I'm slightly confused whether this is a semi-stall or balanced team, or what. I also think you have a lot of redundant coverage within your team (Fighting = Focus Blast, Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Psychic = Psychic, Psycho Shock, Dark and Ghost = Shadow ball, Crunch, etc. you get the point) This seems to be a team leaning towards stall so i might suggest toxic spikes in there somewhere? Perhaps a tentacruel as it can rapid spin as well (dory, its counter, is handled by gliscor).

That's all I have for now since it is late, but I might add some more later.

Hope this helped :)

Hey, I got your message. This looks like a pretty interesting team; however, I have some comments.

I find it strange and unnecessary that you are running Sunny Day on Scrafty when most of your team doesn't really have a problem with weather outside of heavy offense rain teams. Besides, Scrafty usually isn't going to have a chance to use sunny day when things like Kingdra in the rain spam specs hydro pump or something stupid like that -_- I suggest running rest over Sunny Day as Shed Skin helps with the sleep time, and not much can OHKO you if you pull off a few bulk ups.

I also think that running rapid spid on Hitmontop is unnecessary as none of your team is weak to stealth rock, and one is immune and one is resistant. In addition, only half your team is weak to spikes. Honestly, there are better fighting pokemon than Hitmontop in my opinion if you are not using him as a spinner.

As for the overall team, I'm slightly confused whether this is a semi-stall or balanced team, or what. I also think you have a lot of redundant coverage within your team (Fighting = Focus Blast, Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Psychic = Psychic, Psycho Shock, Dark and Ghost = Shadow ball, Crunch, etc. you get the point) This seems to be a team leaning towards stall so i might suggest toxic spikes in there somewhere? Perhaps a tentacruel as it can rapid spin as well (dory, its counter, is handled by gliscor).

That's all I have for now since it is late, but I might add some more later.

Hope this helped :)
Hi,
I do agree most of the time I don't have much of a problem with weather teams, with Hitmontop easily dealing with a lot of them. I'll try Rest, but Sunny Day is there I guess just as a last ditch effort incase in in deep trouble.

I also agree with the fact that I'm not really bothered with entry hazards. I might try something like Breloom. Do you think thas a good idea??

I guess I was trying to create a balanced team :S. I know there is a lot of redundant coverage. I'm not sure what I should do too patch it up... If i were to replace something, it would be Rankurusu.. so do you have any ideas as too what?

Thanks for the rate!

Hmm, fair point. Toxic spikes actually ONLY affects Hitmontop on your team, considering abilities. So yeah, Rapid Spin isn't really necessary I suppose. It isn't a bad pokemon, but you don't really need it, and you do already have Scrafty.

Why not get a Steel type? Every team can do with one and it's helpful to have something that resists Dragon attacks. Scizor can give you Bullet Punch priority, Heatran would rape with Sun up, Ferrothorn can fit into ANY team, Skarmory gives you the SkarmChance combo and hazards as well as a phazer, the list goes on.

Hmm, fair point. Toxic spikes actually ONLY affects Hitmontop on your team, considering abilities. So yeah, Rapid Spin isn't really necessary I suppose. It isn't a bad pokemon, but you don't really need it, and you do already have Scrafty.

Why not get a Steel type? Every team can do with one and it's helpful to have something that resists Dragon attacks. Scizor can give you Bullet Punch priority, Heatran would rape with Sun up, Ferrothorn can fit into ANY team, Skarmory gives you the SkarmChance combo and hazards as well as a phazer, the list goes on.
My only fear is that is I get rid of TechiniTop I'll lose to things like Doryuuzu

Gliscor walls Dory, albeit better with more defense, can pop balloon with acrobat and ko with EQ. Without X-Scissor, Latios uses HP Fire. In Trick Room, Reuniclus uses Focus Blast. If yougot a Bulk Up, Scrafty KOs with Drain Punch. When you see your enemy's team, plan accordingly and you'll be fine. Skarmory likewise, if you choose it, walls Dory hard and Whirlwinds it away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)