hi

Introduction: Hey everybody. I've just recently joined this site. I've been playing on the Beta server for a while now but I'm slowly starting to use the smogon one. I've created my team based on smogon strategies and also the playstyle of the people I see on the tier. So without further ado, I present to you Trouble².

Team building:
First, I wanted to base my core on Slowbro, one of the pokemon that I enjoyed in UU last generation and one that I have seen to be played very effectively.

I always consider Jarooda when making a team. Genosekuto is a hard counter, which is what I decided to use.

Now I knew I needed weather to combat other weather users. A sand team is what I had in mind at the time. I used Tyranitar.

Doryuuzu is a staple on a sand team, obviously.

I needed a lead. As of now, I have suicide lead aero, but I fully intend to change it.

There is a huge Breloom weakness that I have right now. I needed a solid counter for this top threat. Rotom-H took the spot.

Being SR weak and quite lacking as a Breloom counter, I had to change it. With some suggestion Dark Azelf from another forum gave me, the final member, Xatu, came into my team.

After this, I made three changes because of the critique I got. I changed lead aero to rachi, Dory to Landlos, and Xatu to Shinboraa.

Shinboraa was weak so I changed it for Rankurusu.

Jirachi is unreliable. I changed it to Sableye.

The team:
In depth:

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Recover

Description:This is your generic Sableye. Taunt prevents set up. Will-o-wisp is useful against physical attackers and it also gains priority. Night Shade is a reliable attack because Seismic Toss is incompatible with Mischievous heart. Recover trolls the physical attacker as they continue trying to attack you while they're burned. This Sableye is meant to take physical attacks with ease.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

Description:Tyranitar hits like a truck and takes hits like a man. Pursuit is used over Earthquake to target the running Shandera. Crunch is usually a ohko on Rankurusu unless they invest to survive it. Fire Punch covers the majority of pokemon that Tar’s dual stabs cant cover. Tyranitar also provides Sand stream for my team, which helps take out rain an d sun. It also lols at Ninetales :D

The EV’s are pretty straightforward, max HP for bulk and to only be 5hko’d by Seismic Toss. Max Attack to hit as hard as possible and the rest is in Defense.

Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regeneration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Boil Over
- Psycho Shock
- Flamethrower
- Slack Off

Description:This is your generic Slowbro. Slowbro is a huge staple to this team, as it got a big buff. Boil Over is useful for t he burn rate and hits decently hard. Psycho Shock is used over Psychic because it hits Blissey and Snorlax. Flamethrower is used as the third move to hit Nattorei, Scizor, and other grasses such as Erufuun. Slack Off is always great with a wall.

The reason I’m using a relaxed nature is to always be slower than Roobushin so payback will only hit for 50 base power.

Genosekuto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: /252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- U-Turn

Description:Generic Genosekuto. Boltbeam and flamethrower provide excellent coverage. U-Turn is used for scouting. 248 speed EV’s mean that you will always outspeed scarf Sazando. Hasty nature is used to outspeed most pokemon. Genosekuto makes an excellent revenger as well as being a great jarooda counter.

Randorosu (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Power
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Description:Landlos is an excellent sweeper and late game cleaner. This set acts as a Double Dancer. If Landlos gets both Swords Dance and Rock polish, its as good as gg. Edgequake in the sand hits INSANELY hard. It 2hko's Slowbro AND Gliscor, lol. 248 Speed EV's means that you outspeed all positive nature base 100's.

Rankurusu (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Focus Blast
- Psycho Shock

Description:This Rankurusu is quite potent. It has a chance of beating Tyranitar, even sometiems being able to take CB Crunch and retaliate with Focus Blast. This is just a generic Rankurusu with Calm Mind. Psychic and Focus Blast provide decent coverage,only being walled by psychics and Dark/Ghosts.

Importable ^_^
Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Recover

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regeneration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Boil Over
- Psycho Shock
- Flamethrower
- Slack Off

Genosekuto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 240 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Randorosu (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Rankurusu (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Focus Blast
- Psycho Shock

A final glance at the team:

Btw, sorry about the title, I forgot to change it after I finished with my team preview . DX

I definetly believe you could benefit from a bulky jirachi lead, stealth rock, fire punch, iron head, and toxic or ptotect to scout. It would at minimum be able to set in some flinch hax early on, protect earch against azelf leads with flamethrower. Or set up for later. I feel like this team has holes in it for coverage. I think a +1 gyrados would wreck 2~3 or your members, xatu and dory, even if u switch to geno he isnt exactly built woth defense in mind. Kingdra would be an issue, since I dont see anyway to handle him, effectively of geno is down. Just what ive been seeing as top leads lately on pokemon lab. I love seing slowbro us
ed tho!

Edit~ didnt see scarf on geno lol for some reason. So ya ignore that above mention of gyrados.

Rachi sounds pretty good~
I'll give it a go.

Anyways, +1 Gyara isn't much of a problem since Slowbro lols at it.
+1 Adamant Stone Edge: (33.24-39.08%)

Genesect can also use t-bolt to revenge and Gyara really can't come in on a single member of the team bar Tyranitar locked into Fire Punch.

Slowbro walls physical kingdra, Tar usually takes him out with ease with STAB CB stone edge as well.

try this for genosect
-1 flamethrower
+1 nitro charge.( the speed boost helps a assload)

Use ethier lead raichi or even a bulky lead hippo.

on doryuuzu, why not stone edge over rock slide.
shouldnt you use more sand abusers?
It doesn't get Stone Edge. And to the above poster it flinches.

This team has issues with Balloon Excadrill/Doryuuzu. Relying on your Exca alone isn't enough and if it gets +2 (you run a Banded Tar with Pursuit and Crunch) you're basically screwed. The addition of some priority in the form of Aqua Jet or Mach Punch would do you some good. In addition Xatu is just...bad. You have basically no reason to use a Magic Mirror Pokemon and even with a reason to Tyranitar or another Pursuiter can come in on it with impunity and KO it or nearly KO it. Xatu just...isn't very good. Neither is suicide Aero. I'd suggest replacing both of these Pokes. First of all I'd make Tyranitar a Mixed Rocker. This frees up your other slots to allow for variety to help with your weaknesses. I'd suggest Conkledurr/Roopushin in place of Aero and then Reuniclus/Rankurusu in place of Xatu. Reun is a better check to Conk anyway and a Conk of your own helps greatly against Pokemon like Excadrill.

Quick rate is quick.

I've made three changes.
Suicide lead Aero is as of now Jirachi.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- U-turn
I need some help with the EV's and moveset.

Second, I've replaced Dory with Landlos.This frees up the spot in which Xatu is in.

Randorosu (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SAtk / 248 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Nails Loom as well as Dory which is excellent.

And this is my third member.
Shinboraa (M) @ Flame Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Psycho Shift
- Psycho Shock
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]
A rare sight, although seemingly inferior to rank, Psycho Shift helps it take on physical assaults as well as special with his decent bulk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)