Rap

Speaking of AZ: Rather Unique was a pretty amazing song. From a technical standpoint, this Rather Unique could be the closest thing to the perfect rap song.

For whatever reason that also reminded me of Tonedeff's Masochist.
"This curse, this evil urge I feel for verses…
Is one of my life’s real perversions/
I seal my curtains when I write, I feel disturbance from the light/
I deal with dirt and yet I want to heal the earth and peel the surface to reveal it’s perfect."

Cooky

Banned deucer.
uragg said:
listen to Blu & Exile's album, Below The Heavens, the beat/flow/lyrics go together so well it's RIDICULOUS, probably my favorite album to listen to ever, if not just the best.
How good is Simply Amazin' (Steel Blazin')? So good.

Its a shame this was a one time collaboration, though Exile has been fairly productive within Emanon. Check out "The Waiting Room", it's got a similar Sunday morning vibe to it which appealed to me. His solo stuff is a litle bit too dischordant to stomach though.

one name joe budden find a coupple of songs they are what rap should be now not all the crap that is being put out there

P.O.S. is some fantastic modern rap- his newer album, Never Better, is one of the best hip-hop albums i've heard in a long time

one name joe budden find a coupple of songs they are what rap should be now not all the crap that is being put out there
Haha, Joe Budden isn't even that good. He's the weakest link in Slaughterhouse IMO. Not saying he's a bad rapper or anything, but from your post it sounds like you're making him out as hip-hop's messiah or something.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyone here listen to J-Live? He's always been a staple of mine. Also just got Ghostface's Apollo Kids so I can't wait to check it out.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
listen to Blu & Exile's album, Below The Heavens, the beat/flow/lyrics go together so well it's RIDICULOUS, probably my favorite album to listen to ever, if not just the best.

also Mos Def/Talib Kweli's collaboration Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star is great, Talib Kweli imo is the best lyricist out there.

kanye's first album is pretty good, but he gets worse as time passes.

lupe fiasco is sick. big l is cool.

also yeah classics like illmatic, reasonable doubt, blueprint, etc. etc.
my nigga uragg knows whats up but real talk blu & exile is amazing. uh whats else is good.. mf doom, big l, a tribe called quest, and kudi. off the top of my dome some simplistic artist that people could listen to if they want to hop on the rap game are artist like mac miller. for lyricism and clearability eminem is the route to take. also take a listen to fucking biggie the only nigga who makes fun of his disability and still sound g. lyrics are raw too

I GO BY THE NAME OF N-I-N-J

TO THE MOTHERFUCKIN A

STRAINING YOUR BRAIN LIKE TV STATIC

CHECK OUT THE FUNKY 3D GRAPHICS

*RAVE VISUALS*

ENTER MY DIGITAL ZONE

AS I RECITE A POEM ON THE MICROPHONE

I’M SCOPING, 3RD EYE STROBING

MINDOPEN, SWEAT STREAMING, FLESH GLEAMING

BEST FEELING, HIENERGY PEAKING, DEEP MEANINGS

FREAK WHEN I SEE THINGS

LIKE THIS CHICK IN G-STRING

CAN I TOUCH YOU FRIEND?

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I like eminem a lot. I suppose his new stuff "isn't as good" as the old stuff, but it does sound more hip hop than the full rap he used to do if that makes sense. Relapse was bad, but I like pretty much everything else.

Also I don't really like "gangster rap" as I've heard some of my friends call it. I'm more into creative rap with a good flow and a cool chorus (be it singing or just a catchy short verse). For that reason, I really like Chiddy bang. In the same vein, fortune family is really cool too. They aren't very well known but their verses sound really good to me. Especially "take me away" and "hasta la vista". Anyway that's my current rap stuff I'm listening to.
then immortal technique is definitely for you or even kid cudi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)