[Standard] Metroid Prime Mafia-GAME OVER: Space Pirates Win! Postgame Up!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Want to keep most shit for the post game, but even if we try to lynch him in that position, depending on the Artifact number of the SP, they could have easily pushed him over to the second place if the village is forced to split their votes on the other two guys. There is also the fact that Eo who would have been the best weapon to kill him with(bump a guy up, focus on the other, auto 3rd shade). Well my role could have been used, but getting him into second place is much harder that with Eo's role.
My point was that you guys shouldn't have nominated him at all unless you had 8 or so artifacts, especially in the later game when it was fairly obvious who the pirates were.

Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate!

Yar - har - fiddle-dee-dee, being a pirate is all right to be!

You are a pirate! (Yay!)

We got us a map (a map!) to lead us to a hidden box,
Thats all locked up with locks (with locks!) and buried deep away.
We'll dig up the box (the box!), we know it's full of precious booty
Burst open the locks, and then we'll say 'HOORAY!'

Yar - har - fiddle-dee-dee,
If you love to sail the sea, you are a pirate!

WEIGH ANCHOR!

Yah - har - fiddle-dee-dee, being a pirate is all right to be!
Arr - yarr - ahoy and avast, dig in the dirt and you dig in it fast!
Hang the black flag at the end of the mast! You are a pirate!

HA HA HA (Yay!)

We're sailing away (set sail!), adventure waits on every shore!
We set sail and explore (ya-har!) and run and jump all day (Yay!)
We float on our boat (our boat!) until its time to drop the anchor,
Then hang up our coats (aye-aye!) until we sail again!

Yar - har - fiddle-dee-dee,
If you love to sail the sea you are a pirate!

LAND HO!

Yar - har - fiddle-dee-dee, being a pirate is alright with me!
Yar har wind at your back lads, wherever you go!
Blue sky above and blue ocean below, you are a pirate!

HA HA HA!
You are a pirate!

O, and one more thing...

<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> and seeing as i may as well get something going
<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> shade's lynch effects: none, none, lynched
<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> nope
<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> only a safeguard
<Nachos> [18:11] <rare555> um
<Nachos> [18:11] <rare555> how do you know that?
<Nachos> [18:11] <Nachos> talking to people
<Nachos> [18:12] <Nachos> (i'm still with the indigs though)
<Nachos> [18:12] <rare555> kk
<Nachos> [18:12] <rare555> cool
<Nachos> [18:12] <rare555> that must be of some help

Nachos inspected Nook's lynch affects on Night 0 and yet indig tried and failed to lynch him nearly every day...
For one thing, Nachos didn't tell me that until we had already tried to lynch shade like 2 times already.

Eo was name-killed n1, Reyscarface was moved to phendrana n0 just because we knew it'd really piss him off. Does that count as name-moving?

Edit: to rare we started out together.

Hmm alright.

Just wanted to say sorry to UncleSam in case he's annoyed at his game turning out the way it did :(. I did learn a lot from this game, so I hope nothing like this ever happens again.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
if only veedrock didnt kill me that last night, i probably would have killed 3 space pirates and 2 indigenous, and also converted veedrock into my side.

seriously veedrock fuck u

if that had happened i'd have quit right then and there, because sam thought it was a cool idea to have kidnap be one of the lowest priority actions in the game. (You should have been kidnapped that night instead of Veedrock killing you).

UncleSam

Leading this village
Firstly rey's kills failed due to theangryscientist ramming him into a different location, not veedrock killing him.

Secondly he was killing rare, midou, tas, altair, and shade, so that's 4 indigs and 1 space pirates not 2/3, all it would have done is let the space pirates win faster.

As for kidnap being one of the lowest priorities, I am not a big fan of kidnaps in general, and it was partially based on the thread from the subforum in which finnragetti suggested nerfing kidnaps based on priority (here for anyone interested). I agree it should have been a little higher in retrospect, but it's not like you ever successfully used it anyway.

I agree that veedrock should have let rey convert him rather than kill rey, that was one of the moves that really shifted the game in favor of the space pirates. But honestly if he hadn't, rey was about to nuke the indigenous anyway, not the space pirates.

Woah, no one is recommending NOC kidnappings, and no one is telling you to look to FinnRagetti for advice. Also there's absolutely no reason to try kidnapping when moving a user worked much better (and had much higher priority). It even had the advantage of nearly silencing them the next day as well, and probably even hooking them the following day (to change locations back).

Also Shade was in phendrana, so unless rey was in magmoor to begin with (I believe he was in chozo?) then it wouldn't have hit shade regardless.

UncleSam

Leading this village
I know, I never even considered NOC kidnaps, but I did like the idea of nerfing them based on priority. I agree that it had basically no advantages over relocating, but to be honest I wanted people to use relocating rather than kidnaps because that is the role I created specifically for this game.

Also yes, shade wouldn't have died, yet another reason why the Indigenous were going to get a raw deal that night either way.

UncleSam

Leading this village
POSTGAME

(oh wow totally forgot about this sorry I should’ve posted this like a month ago...) This was my second game as a main host (after Megaman Battle Network Mafia), and I must say I was disappointed with how it played out. I still think it was balanced quite well considering how outrageous everything in the game was, but, in a similar situation to what happened in MMBN, I relied on people playing with some semi-decent level of quality, something that simply did not happen. First though, let me give my thoughts on the two major experimental concepts in this game: the revised “primary” lynching system, and the locations system.

By following this link one can find the initial sheet for the game.
By following this link one can find the entire Role PMs sheet.
By following this link one can find the “working sheet” for the game, including all actions and results.

Primary System:
This has potential, but two huge problems occurred with it this game: it extended the days an inane amount of time considering most people just sat on their asses during the days (and during the nights too, for that matter), and it meant that, due to their poor play, the village literally never lynched anyone (the Space Pirates drove the lynch on reyscarface and the various villagers who died via lynch late game). I’m sorry that I created a system where thought was required to kill one’s enemies. Apparently the Indigenous weren’t capable of that. This system needs to be made more concise, and I think I have a good way of doing that whilst keeping the elements that make it thought provoking intact. You’ll have to wait for MP2 to see what I mean though.

Locations:
The main problem with locations is that they were a complete and total bitch to update in the format I used, and I really don’t see any way around this unless the host makes limited roles that abuse the locations system, which would defeat the purpose of it entirely. I like the idea of it in terms of getting people to think tactically along a level mafia players rarely have to, but in the end only one person was truly thinking along the lines I was hoping the majority of the game would be. Notice that that person’s team won a completely crushing victory.

Anyway, I will go through each team, and go through its members in order of death. I won’t give a number since it should be obvious from the comments how well any individual played. I will also give a brief description of the role itself and my hopes for it.

The Indigenous

Team Theory: Standard village. Lacks voting power in the second stage of the lynch but makes up for it by sheer numbers in the preliminary stage of voting, multiple methods of killing, and (seemingly) multiple alliances to form with other factions. It is incredibly weak to moling, however, and many of it’s strongest roles and allies could be converted.

Player Placement: I was determined that this team would be a good one because so much of the game revolved around it, so I put a large number of well-respected players on it: Eo Ut Mortus, LonelyNess, LightWolf, Altair, Thorns, RBG…sadly, many of these players either subbed out early, got randkilled early, or really didn’t play up to my expectations. None of them ended up helping the village in any real way. Most of the other players were the “leftovers” after I chose the other teams, although I picked Coronis, Kannon, and wickdaggler for the Metroid roles specifically because I thought it was unlikely they would be randkilled early. LonelyNess was put into the most obvious leader role, Thardus, just so he could lead the village, but sadly irl matters got in the way :(.

-Eo Ut Mortus-Killed by an Energy Wave Night 1

Dear Eo Ut Mortus, you are the Hive Mecha

You are a second-generation combat drone able to communicate with organic organisms. Although you lack the capabilities to defend yourself, you train and shelter a hive of Ram War Wasps, who can defend you should you fall under attack. Sadly, your defenses are incredibly weak, and cannot stand up to much punishment.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Release Wasps Around <user>”. Should <user> be nominated to be lynched the next Day, everyone will get so angry over the wasps stinging them that they will lynch <user> as if <user> was one priority higher in the second stage of voting. So, if <user> was to be lynch second, <user> would instead be Lynched first. This has no effect on anyone who is Lynched first, and if used on someone not nominated, it will be as if he or she was Lynched in the third position.

Additionally, every Night you may send a PM stating “NX-Offer Protection to <user>”. You will offer protection to <user> in your hull, and although your hull is of no defensive value whatsoever, you will at least make off with <user>’s Role Name.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, None, None.

Your starting Location is the Chozo Ruins.

Given that he lives inside of you (heh see what I did there), you know the identity of the Ram War Wasp is Rodan.

Upon being defeated you will drop a Missile Launcher. You are not sure what this does, who can use it, or who it goes to should you die. It cannot be removed from you by any methods other than your death, and you may not pass it like you would an item. Should the Ram War Wasp die before you, you will drop nothing.

You are a part of the Indigenous Alliance. You win if you eliminate the Hunter and the Space Pirates.
Description: One of the roles meant to potentially lead the village, this role meshes well with the Ram War Wasp in terms of activating it’s ability, and also serves as an information aid to a generally information-starved village.
Player: Poor Eo, randtargeted by the Pirates purely because of his name. Couldn’t really do anything before he died, although he managed to just outprioritize the Pirate kill and activate the Ram War Wasp’s power before he died, so props for that. To be honest, doing even one good thing before dying makes him one of the best Indigenous. I’m not looking forward to the rest very much…

-Coronis/Spiffy-Killed by a series of concussive blasts Night 2

Dear Coronis/Spiffy, you are the Hunter Metroid

You are an adolescent Metroid that spawns in pools of free Phazon. Apart from being able to drain energy from other organisms as all Metroids can, you also possess a tentacle with which you can grab creatures and suck them in.

Once every two Nights, you may send a PM stating “NX-Grab <user>”. You will grab <user> with your tentacle and draw him in towards you. If either you or <user> are targeted by any abilities at any time, including the Night on which you snare <user>, <user> will be released. If <user> is not released by the end of the next Night, <user> will be killed. Whilst snared <user> will not be able to speak in the thread, or submit Night actions. <user> will be able to communicate outside of the thread, however. This action can be blocked by either Bodyguards or Safeguards, and cannot be used on Night 0. This action will fail against other Metroids.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, Lynched, None.

Your starting Location is the Phendrana Drifts.

You also know that you can be converted should the Worm use a Phazon Blast on you.

Upon being defeated you will drop a Missile-5. You are not sure what this does, who can use it, or who it goes to should you die. It cannot be removed from you by any methods other than your death, and you may not pass it like you would an item.

You are immune to the effects of Phazon.

You are a part of the Indigenous Alliance. You win if you eliminate the Hunter and the Space Pirates.
Description: A variant on the kidnapper role with the ability to kill, although only in rare circumstances (he would never succeed in killing any member of an organized faction unless that was the last member), so this was more meant as a potential killer against the village and silencer packed into one. One of the Metroids that could be converted by Metroid Prime.
Player: Coronis simply idled and got subbed out, disappointed with that since I encouraged him to sign up to get back into mafia. Spiffy really couldn’t do much before getting randomed by zorbees for death early on, so congrats on not actively sucking. Didn’t do anything good like Eo did, but hey at least you didn’t sit around for five cycles watching things go to hell.

-Blue_Tornado-Killed by an Energy Wave Night 4

Dear Blue Tornado, you are the Magmoor

You are a predatory serpent creature that lives in lava, rising out of it only to hunt prey. You also have the ability to spew flames at nearby organisms.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Spew Flames Around <user>”. You will spread flames around <user>, and any killers attempting to target <user> will be unable to complete their actions. Note that this will only effect killers, however, as less violent persons will be clever enough to circumvent your flames. Of course, <user> will be informed that he or she was surrounded by flames-it’s hard to not notice a thing like that! <user> may also be yourself, in which case you will simply duck under the lava, thus becoming immune to most kills that Night.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, None, None.

Your starting Location is the Magmoor Caverns.

You also have the Artifact of Sun. This makes the holder immune to the effects of Phazon.

Description: Probably the most “blah” role in this game, this was simply a standard Bodyguard that could protect himself adopted for the purposes of this game. He was the only bodyguard on the village (although they had a variety of other protections available to them).
Player: blue_tornado was the bodyguard so I don’t blame him for not taking more of an active role in the village, and it really wasn’t his fault he died (he protected himself the night he died, but game_freak had the Unblockable Kill Artifact of Warrior). Not terrible, he was active in sending PMs and never made any serious mistakes. Didn’t really do anything useful either, though.

-Sledge/Quagsires-Lynched Day 5

Dear Sledge/Quagsires, you are the Puffer

You are a small, floating organism that emits poison and detonates on contact. Your poison is extremely caustic, but you also die extremely easily as a result.

Every Night, you will automatically create Poison. This acts as an item. You may pass this Poison come daytime, starting Day 1. You know that this item kills most users should they hold it for five half-cycles, and that even if another user gave it away, their Poison counter does not get reset.

Due to being so gaseous, you will drive off any and all users attempting to target you with anything until Night 2. However, you will die should anyone target you successfully with any ability, apart from a Safeguard.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, Lynched, Lynched.

Your starting Location is the Magmoor Caverns.

You are immune to the effects of Poison.

Description: The worse of the two poison makers, this was also a last-ditch effort role in case, for whatever reason, the sixteen other roles meant to lead the village didn’t and he had to step up, being immune to kills until Night 2.
Player: Sledge really did nothing and was one of the most inactive players in the game until he got subbed out. Quagsires didn’t do much more (though there wasn’t much more he could do with this role), although he was reasonably active and involved in the cycle or so he was alive. Not the worst player on the village, but honestly this kind of apathy is fine if someone is taking the reins and leading everyone else…it’s not if absolutely nothing is happening and people are randing.

-LightWolf-Blown away by a Machine Gun Night 5

Dear LightWolf, you are the Incinerator Drone

You are a waste disposal machine located directly under a Barbed War Wasp hive. Due to your occupation, you have dual mounted flamethrowers with which you can sweep the area around you. Sadly, you aren’t very accurate with your flames, so they won’t do much in the way of actual harm.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Flamethrower around <user>”. Again, you will attempt to douse <user> with flames, but all you will really do is surround him with flames, and, the following Day, the lynch mob will find it more difficult to Lynch <user>. This will lower the Lynch number of <user> the following Day by exactly one. Thus, if <user> was voted third, <user> would not be evaluated, voted second, <user> would be evaluated as third, and so on. Note that this will only affect <user> during the PMing stage, and has no affect of any kind on the Nominations stage. You cannot use this on yourself.

Additionally, every Night you may send a PM stating “NX-Flame the Hive near <user>”. You will send a jet of flame up into the Barbed War Wasp hive above you, and one of the wasps will attack <user>. This isn’t a fatal attack by any means, but <user> will be so occupied running away that <user> will drop an item, assuming <user> had any items, and you will obtain it. <user> will only drop the item <user> has had for the longest period of time, however. Note that despite the flavor of this action, it has absolutely no affect on or from the Role Name Barbed War Wasp.

Given your proximity to the Barbed War Wasp, you know that he/she is: Altair.

Upon being defeated you will drop a Morph Ball Bomb. You are not sure what this does, who can use it, or who it goes to should you die. It cannot be removed from you by any methods other than your death, and you may not pass it like you would an item. Should the Barbed War Wasp die before you, you will drop nothing.

Description: A twin that can help his twin become powered-up, and two useful roles (thief is amazing in a game of item voting, while lynch prioritizing could have really helped nail some of the Pirates late game) made this one of the best village roles.
Player: I am really disappointed in you and Altair, I know you two can play tremendously (and do most of the time), and I put you two in a pair specifically so that the village would have strong leadership in case the worst happened. Instead basically all you two did was send in actions and let things fall apart while randing. Stealing billymills’ Artifact of Newborn kept the game going a little longer than it otherwise would have, but other than that, really not much help from one of the best roles AND best players on the village, as well as one that survived a fair amount of time.

-Nanoswine/Yeti-Killed by an Energy Wave Night 6

Dear Nanoswine/Yeti, you are the Plated Beetle

You are a large beetle with a huge armored head with a spike on the end. Pretty cool, huh? You also control a group of beetles that follow you around. Sadly, your ramming abilities are pretty weak, and won’t do much in terms of injury.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Ram into thieves around <user>”. You will attempt to ram any thieves around <user>, and you will end up throwing them across the room. Of course, this won’t seriously harm them, but they will be unable to steal from <user> that Night. You can’t ram into thieves around yourself, however, because they will know in advance to look out for you.

Additionally, every Night you may send a PM stating “NX-Send beetles after <user>”. You will send several beetles after <user> to determine where <user> is, and you will follow behind. You will find yourself in the same Location as <user> by the next Day. <user> will not know he/she was followed.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, Kidnapped, Hooked.

You also have the Artifact of Wild. This allows you to send in a PM once every two Nights saying “NX-Power of the Wild”. You will be immune to one kill that Night.

Upon being defeated you will drop a Morph Ball. You are not sure what this does, who can use it, or who it goes to should you die. It cannot be removed from you by any methods other than your death, and you may not pass it like you would an item.

Description: A Location Inspector of sorts, with a handy little item meant to make this less of a boring role. I mainly envisioned this role being used on known mafia to ensure the village could lynch them, but, like many other Indigenous roles, it wasn’t to be...
Player: Neither did much of anything at all, just like the rest of their faction. Yeti was subbed in so late that she never really understood what was going on, and Nanoswine was a total idler that should have been subbed out well before he actually was.

-Johann-Lynched Day 7

Dear Johann, you are the Shriekbat

(I couldn't find any good real pictures of them that I could use...)

You are a small bat-like creature that dive-bombs prey, at the cost of your own life. Fortunately, you are a whole group of Shriekbat, so this shouldn’t be a problem.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Dive-Bomb <user>”. You will dive-bomb <user> and <user> will be so startled that <user> will be unable to perform any Night actions that Night. However, if <user> has any items, <user> will simply throw his or her items at you and go on his or her way, performing his or her action successfully. Of course, this means that you obtain <user>’s item. Note that you will only obtain the item <user> has had the longest if <user> has more than one item.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, Hooked, Hooked.

Description: The backup thief with a neat hook to boot. Easily lynched or stopped via the lynch so that the Pirates would have an easier time holding onto their items and performing their actions.
Player: Johann was one of the better Indigenous, which really just means he wasn’t terrible and merely mediocre. His stealing from billymills prolonged the game a day and he was the last hope for the village on Day 7, but idlers Midou and bunnymaster ended any hope of a comeback.

-Midou-Lynched Day 7

Dear LonelyNess/Midou, you are Thardus

You were the result of a series of Space Pirate experiments called “Project Titan”, whereby they infused a large pile of rocks with Phazon. You proved uncontrollable for the Space Pirates, however, and so you were quarantined. Since you are many different rocks with one consciousness, you are incredibly difficult to kill.

Because you have so many different beings making you up, you have three lives. Should you be targeted for multiple kills during a single Night, however, you could lose multiple lives.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Rock <user>”. You will hurl a rock at <user>, and, depending on whether or not <user> avoids it, will determine both whether or not <user> has been given a Safe Claim, and what that Safe Claim is.

Should you lose one life, your powers will be enhanced. Then, you will be able to send a PM stating “NX-Ice <user>”. You will completely freeze <user>, and will be able to take a look at <user>’s full Role PM while <user> is frozen. Of course, <user> will break out of the ice before long, and, since <user> will no longer be able to make it to whoever <user> intended to target that Night, <user> will instead target you with any abilities <user> was going to perform.

Should you lose two lives, your powers will again be enhanced. Then, you will be able to send a PM stating “NX-Ice <user>, Rock <user2>”. You will freeze <user>, thus catching a glance at his full Role PM, but when <user> unfreezes, he will think that <user2> froze him, since <user2> will be nearby and stunned, due to the rock you threw at him. Any abilities <user> was going to use he will instead use on <user2>. Note that killers can see through a stunning trick like this, and so any killers that you freeze will still target you with their attacks, rather than <user2>, or their original target.

Note that when you gain a new ability, you lose the old one you had. Each of these powers is immune to absorption.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, Lynched, Lynched.

You also have the Artifact of Strength. This makes the holder immune to kidnappers of any kind.

Right now you are enclosed in your Quarantine Cave, and so you have agreed to help the Indigenous, since they are trying to defeat the Space Pirates. Your heart really isn’t with them, but as long as they are alive, you will help them. Should all other members of the Indigenous die, however, you will break out of your Quarantine Cave, and who knows what abilities you might gain, or what might happen to your Win Condition.

Upon being defeated you will drop a Spider Ball. You are not sure what this does, who can use it, or who it goes to should you die. It cannot be removed from you by any methods other than your death, and you may not pass it like you would an item.

Description: Probably the best overall role on the village. He was the main source of information for the village, and was incredibly difficult to kill to boot. If he had been the last Indigenous standing, he would have become a member of the Titans and gained a nightly kill, one-time three man thief, and a bodyguard ability that could be used on himself. Of course, the ultimate weakness of this role is how incredibly easy it is to lynch off it’s lives.
Player: Midou was probably the best Indigenous right up until the last day. He was honestly the only one doing any real planning, and did a good job trying to organize lynch votes...until the last day. If he hadn’t idled his vote (along with bunnymaster), the village may well have won this game, or at least made it a close contest. Overall good job, even if you had voted that last day bunnymaster idling would still have lost you the game.

-RaRe555-Flaahgra-Lost Day 7

Dear RaRe555, you are Flaahgra

You were once a magnificent plant, given the honor of being the centerpiece flower in the Sunchamber of the Chozo Ruins. However Phazon corrupted you beyond recognition, as it did for most of Tallon IV. You live on sunlight and create dangerous poison, not to mention the rather large scythes on your arms.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Scythe <user>”. You will attack <user> with the scythes on your arms, and <user> will be so busy dodging you that <user> will be unable to perform any actions that Night.

Every Night, you will automatically create Poison. This acts as an item. You may pass this Poison come daytime, starting Day 1. You know that this item kills most users should they hold it for five half-cycles, and that even if another user gave it away, their Poison counter does not get reset.

You also have the Artifact of Nature. This makes the holder immune to the effects of Poison.

Should you obtain the Artifact of Sun, you will gain a second life, due to your ability to synthesize sunlight. You also know that should the Hunter or the Worm die, the Indigenous will gain powers. Should the Hunter die, the Indigenous will become immune to the effects of Poison. Should the Worm die, the Indigenous will become immune to the effects of Phazon.

Upon being defeated you will drop a Varia Suit. You are not sure what this does, who can use it, or who it goes to should you die. It cannot be removed from you by any methods other than your death, and you may not pass it like you would an item.

You are immune to the effects of Poison.

Description: A hooker and the stronger poison producer, as well as having access to an extra life. Overall an excellent role, second only to Thardus in terms of power on the Indigenous.
Player: RaRe555 had been telling me how excited he was for this game for a while, so I decided to give him a shot at a better role. And well...in an effort not to be mean, he didn’t do a very good job. He stepped up to “lead” fairly early, but seemed to forget that leading entails more in a game like this than simply going “ok X is mafia”. It requires night action planning (something, as far as I know, he never did), it requires a plan for each day (something he never had until Midou helped him plan the later lynches), and it requires you LISTEN TO YOUR LYNCH AFFECTS CHECKER WHEN HE SAYS SHADE CANNOT BE LYNCHED. RaRe also simply let the wolves be destroyed by the Space Pirates, enabling the Pirates to get their kills powered up, while never even once attempting to bargain with them, even when he had no clue he needed Metroid Prime (zorbees) dead at all. I hate to be mean, but this entire game was unbalanced mainly thanks to your poor leadership of the most important faction. I hope you learned something from this.

-RBG/Nachos-Lost Day 7

Dear RBG/Nachos, you are the Sheegoth

You are a massive predator that lives in the snowdrifts of Phendrana. Apart from your intimidating physical features, you have crystals on your back that help absorb quite a few of the weaker weapons around.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Ultrafrigid Breath around <user>”. That Night, you will spray breath so cold around <user> that most actions on <user> will fail. Anyone attempting to kill <user> will possess a strong enough determination to break through your breath, however. Obviously, <user> will be notified, given that they had to stand there shivering through the ordeal.

Additionally, every Night you may send a PM stating “NX-Jaws <user>”. You will try to take a bite out of <user>, but, given your relative weakness around your mouth area, all you will really discover is how pliable <user> is. Of course, using this information, you will be able to determine exactly what happens to <user> should <user> be Lynched in any way, shape, or form.

You also have the Artifact of Spirit. This makes you immune to any Role Blockers whilst you hold it.

Upon being defeated you will drop a Wave Beam. You are not sure what this does, who can use it, or who it goes to should you die. It cannot be removed from you by any methods other than your death, and you may not pass it like you would an item.

Description: A safeguard and Lynch Affects checker in one, with a anti-hook item to boot. Overall a good role, and one that could potentially lead if the more obvious users chose not to (Thardus, Flaahgra, Incinerator Drone, etc.).
Player: RBG asked to be subbed out early on due to this game taking up too much time in conjunction with TCG mafia, and Nachos stepped in very early on. Nachos did one huge thing this game that could have changed everything: he checked shade’s lynch affects during Night 0. He then told them to RaRe555. The village then lynched shade unsuccessfully nearly every day afterwards. Although the blame for this primarily rests on RaRe’s shoulders, why didn’t you point out to him why it was a bad idea to lynch shade, say after it failed the first or second time? You could have saved the game for your faction if you had.

-Rodan./theangryscientist-Lost Day 7

Dear Rodan./theangryscientist, you are the Ram War Wasp

You are a particular species of War Wasp that lives inside of the Hive Mecha. You have developed something of a hive mind, and as such, will spring to life if disturbed.

For now, you have yet to be disturbed. This will change if you are Lynched in the third position. If you are, you will spring to life, gaining powers.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, Lynched, Gain Powers.

Given that you live inside of it (heh see what I did there), you know the identity of the Hive Mecha is Eo Ut Mortus.

Upon being defeated you will drop a Missile Launcher. You are not sure what this does, who can use it, or who it goes to should you die. It cannot be removed from you by any methods other than your death, and you may not pass it like you would an item. Should the Hive Mecha die before you, you will drop nothing.

If Lynched third:
“You were Lynched in the third position during this past day. However, sensing the threat, you sprang to life, and fought off your attackers. Additionally, you have now awakened. Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Ram <user> to <Location>.” You will ram into <user>, and <user> will be sent flying into the Location you specify. This will cause any actions <user> attempts to use to be replaced by this movement action. Note that while the Location submitted can be any Location, this action is still effected by the initial Location of <user>.”“You were Lynched in the third position during this past day. However, sensing the threat, you sprang to life, and fought off your attackers. Additionally, you have now awakened. Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Ram <user> to <Location>. You will not move no matter the result of this action.”
Description: A role meant to fit in perfectly with it’s twin, and a very powerful relocater after getting powered up. Meant to potentially lead the village or aid it’s twin in leading the village.
Player: Rodan. never really did anything and subbed out quickly, and theangryscientist stepped up to lead with RaRe soon after. Like RaRe, he did a poor job of it. Honestly just about anything I said about RaRe can apply here to a slightly lesser extent, although moving reyscarface the night rey died was both an idiotic move in that you should have been focusing on the Space Pirates and a tremendous move in that he was killing four Indigenous that night.

-Altair-Lost Day 7

Dear Altair, you are the Barbed War Wasp

(I know it's the same as the last one, sorry I couldn't find anything usable that was better...)

You are the more dangerous cousin of the War Wasp, residing in the Burn Dome with the Incinerator Drone. You have the unique ability among War Wasps to be able to attack from a distance. Though you have yet to be disturbed from your nest in this conflict, you will spring to life at a moment’s notice.

For now, you have yet to be disturbed. This will change if you are Lynched in the second position. If you are, you will spring to life, gaining powers.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, Gain Powers, Lynched.

Given your proximity to the Incinerator Drone, you know that he/she is: LightWolf.

Upon being defeated you will drop a Morph Ball Bomb. You are not sure what this does, who can use it, or who it goes to should you die. It cannot be removed from you by any methods other than your death, and you may not pass it like you would an item. Should the Incinerator Drone die before you, you will drop nothing.

“You were Lynched in the second position during this past day. However, sensing the threat, you sprang to life, and fought off your attackers. Additionally, you have now awakened. Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Fly Around <user>.” You will fly around <user> that Night and the following Day, protecting <user> from any kills, or from any harm whatsoever in the following Day’s Lynch.”
Description: Another twin pair, similar to the other twin pair except this role powered up to a Protector rather than a Relocater. It is worth noting that both twin pairs had lynch deprioritizers or prioritizers who worked well with their partners to power them up, and that both powered-up roles mimicked ones on the Space Pirates.
Player: Honestly, just look at LightWolf’s player description. I was extremely disappointed in this pair, although I was hopeful for about three seconds when Altair posted this challenge to RaRe’s leadership. Sadly, Altair never followed it up with anything, one of the many things that led to the Indig loss (and all non-Pirate losses, to be honest).

-Thorns/bunnymaster-Lost Day7

Dear Thorns/bunnymaster, you are the Eyon

You are an immobile, energy-producing organism that hangs on the walls and ceilings throughout Tallon IV. Although easy to dodge, you are notoriously annoying to kill.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “Watch <Location>”. You will watch that region, thus determining the identities of everyone who targets someone within that region. This action disregards your Location while being evaluated.

You are also difficult to Lynch, due to your resilience.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: None, Lynched, Lynched.

Description: Probably the weakest role in the game, although it could be useful for information purposes on a faction lacking in information sources. It’s anti-lynch ability was largely useless, but it was more meant to tell the village that such a possibility existed in non-village roles. Of course, the village got that message via the much clearer Lynch Affects inspect on shade, but, as I have already explained, that didn’t turn out too well...
Player: Thorns mainly just idled, didn’t talk to anyone ever, and essentially just responded with “sub me out” when I asked him to send in his actions on time. Bunnymaster hardly did better to be honest, mainly idling and then idling his Day 7 when he had an opportunity to help the village come back. Overall, arguably the worst played role in the game.

The Hunter

-reyscarface-Killed by an energy attack Night 3

Dear reyscarface, you are Samus Aran, or ”The Hunter”

You are a Bounty Hunter for the Galactic Federation, having been raised by the Chozo race on Tallon IV after your parents were murdered by Space Pirates. You have an amazing arsenal of weapons at your beck and call, but a horde of enemies as well.

Your abilities are based on an Ammo system. For now, you gain 5 Ammo at the beginning of every night cycle. You may use this Ammo to perform certain abilities. As certain users die, you may gain new abilities as well. You may use each of these abilities as many times as you like each night. You currently have an Ammo capacity of 30. You will have 5 Ammo to start Night 0.

For 5 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-Super Missile <user>”. You will launch a gigantic missile at your target, killing him/her. You may not use this ability on Night 0.

For 2 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-Ice Beam <user>”. You will use your Ice Beam to freeze <user>, stopping <user> from performing any Night actions.

For 2 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-Charge Beam <user>”. Should <user> attempt to kill you, you will fend <user> off with a barrage of beam fire, gaining any items <user> possesses in the process. Should you manage this successfully once, you may also gain a new ability.

For 12 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-Boost Ball away”. That Night, you will go into Morph Ball mode and survive any attempts on your life.

For 2 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-Plasma Beam <user>”. That Night, you will use your Plasma Beam to burn <user> horribly, ensuring they spend the next Day recovering, rather than talking in the thread.

For 1 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-Scan Visor <user>”. You will use your Scan Visor to Scan <user>, determining his/her Role Name.

For 1 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-Thermal Visor <user>”. You will use your Thermal Visor to Scan <user>, determining the approximate species (alliance) of <user>.

For 3 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-X-Ray Visor <user>”. You will use your X-Ray Visor to Scan <user>, determining everything about them, and thus their entire Role PM.

Additionally, once per Night you may send a PM stating “NX-Track <user>”. That Night, you will use your Gunship’s tracking capabilities to discover the current Location of <user>.

Each of these powers is immune to absorption.

Again, should certain users die, you will gain new abilities.

You have an extra Energy Tank, which will protect you from one death of any kind. Should this be used up, you may gain some new abilities. This is not an item.

Due to your Space Jump Boots, during the day, should someone holding an item be lynched, you will make it to that person first, thus obtaining any items that person held.

Should you be lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, None, None.

Your starting Location is the Tallon Overworld.

Your Safe Claim is the War Wasp, starting in the Chozo Ruins.

You also have the Artifact of Chozo. Should you use this on the Role Name Chozo Ghost Troop, it will convert this Role to your Alliance. You may use this item every Night by sending a PM stating “NX-Use Artifact of Chozo on <user>”. You will still be able to use this item to vote should you use it successfully.

You are also searching for the Missile Stations that line the surface of Tallon IV. Should you visit every Location, you may just find additional ways to replenish your Ammo supply.

You are a part of the Hunter Alliance. You win if you eliminate the Space Pirates, The Worm, and the Indigenous.
Description: An incredibly powerful wolf of sorts, with the ability to convert the Chozo Ghost. Grew stronger as the game went on, although it is weak to both hooks and inspection roles.
Player: reyscarface honestly was one of the first to feel the might of the Space Pirates unchecked due to RaRe and the Indigenous’ failings. He did OK for the most part and found Veedrock (who he was strangely backstabbed by in another odd move that helped the Space Pirates and hurt just about everyone else), but never really got anywhere in negotiating with the village (not sure whose fault it was, but my guess would be the Indigenous). At least he produced this log:
reyscarface said:
reyscarface fuck
reyscarface theyre onto me
reyscarface :(
UncleSam who is
reyscarface tas
reyscarface apparently theres a safe claim checker
reyscarface who got my war wasp claim
reyscarface and told tas
reyscarface i think hes pulling it out of his ass
reyscarface so i argued it with him
reyscarface and basically crushed him with logic
reyscarface so he backed off.
reyscarface i need to get someone else lynched today
reyscarface so i can kill fucking tas in the night
Chozo Ghost Troop

-Veedrock-Blown Away by a Machine Gun Night 4

Dear Veedrock, you are the Chozo Ghost Troop

You are all that remains of the Chozo race: Lost, wandering shadows, corrupted by Phazon, and protecting the sacred relics of your past from invaders. Many of these sacred relics have already been stolen, however, and you will make the thieves pay for their insolence.

Every Night, starting Night 1, you may send a PM stating “NX-Attack <user>”. Your band of three Chozo Ghosts will attack <user>, and if <user> has any sacred Artifacts, you will kill <user> and take their Artifacts. If <user> has no Artifacts, you will let them be. This can be blocked by any ability that blocks either killing or thieving abilities, however.

Additionally, you may locate each Artifact once in the game. To do this, send a PM stating “NX-Locate Artifact of <name>”. <name> may be any of the twelve Artifacts: Truth, Strength, Elder, Wild, Lifegiver, Warrior, Chozo, Nature, Sun, World, Spirit, or Newborn. You may locate as many of them per night as you like, but you may not locate the same one twice. When you locate an item, you will be informed of both the Smogon username of the holder, and their current location. You may not locate any Artifacts during Night 0.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, Hooked, None.

Your Safe Claim is the Baby Sheegoth, starting in the Phendrana Drifts.

You also have the Artifact of Elder. This doubles all votes of yours, both primary votes and PM votes.

You also know that you can be converted should someone use the Artifact of Chozo on you at Night. Should you be converted, you will turn to the Alliance of the user of the Artifact of Chozo. Should you obtain the Artifact of Chozo before it is used on you, you may gain additional abilities, and have your Win Condition altered. You also know that the Worm Alliance does not know they have to eliminate you to win.

You are a part of the Chozo Ghost Troop Alliance. You win if you eliminate the Worm and the Space Pirates.
Description: This alliance was never meant to win, but that’s why I (I thought this was so clever too...) made sure to say the game was balanced so every role had a roughly equal chance to win, not alliance. I have long since lost the PM I sent to Veed when he became a Titan (he turned into a Titan if he got the Artifact of Chozo before it was used on him), but he gained an extra kill per night with it.
Player: Veed played alright, although he was probably the worst of the neutrals. His backstabbing and killing reyscarface rather than being converted by him was one of the most bizarre moves of the game, and one that really sped up the Space Pirate victory more than any mislynch on shade by the Indigenous.

The Worm

-zorbees-Killed by an Energy Wave Night 3

Dear zorbees, you are Metroid Prime, or “The Worm”

You are a highly evolved Metroid, demonstrating the ability to assimilate any weapons you find into your exoskeleton for use on-demand. The Space Pirates thought they could control you, but they were wrong, and you escaped their holding cell. Now, you have heard rumblings of a “Hunter” on Tallon IV who destroys the Phazon you worked so hard to inundate the planet with, and you will not let this stand.

Every Night except for Night 0, you may send a PM stating “NX-Multi-Missile <user>”. You will launch a series of missiles at <user>, killing him/her from the repeated concussive blasts.

Also, every Night you may send a PM stating “NX-Phazon Blast <user>”. If <user> is a Metroid, <user> will be converted to your Alliance.

Additionally, every Night you may send a PM stating “NX-Tentacle Grab <user>”. You will grab <user> with a massive tentacle, taking any weapons they may have. As a result, you will copy all abilities of <user>. You may keep two users’ abilities at a time, since your Outer Shell has limited weapons space, and should you decide to absorb a third, will have to send a PM stating which user’s weapons (abilities) to unequip, like “NX-Unequip <user>’s Weapons”. You may use any abilities you absorb for as long as you have them, but you may not use any abilities on the Night you are unequipping them. Should you unequip an ability, you may not reequip it unless you absorb it again. Some users may be immune to your absorption, and you will not get any unequipped abilities back should you fail in absorbing another ability that night.

Every Day, you will automatically create a chunk of Phazon. This acts as an item. You may pass this Phazon come nighttime. You know that this item kills most users should they hold it for three half-cycles, and that even if another user gave it away, their Phazon counter does not get reset. You currently have a chunk of Phazon, and may pass it during Night 0.

You have an Outer Shell hiding your true form. Should you ever be killed, your Outer Shell will be destroyed, but you will survive. You will lose any abilities you had absorbed up to that point, but you will still be able to absorb new abilities. Also, since you are so deep underground and your shell is so hard, you will be immune to any deaths until Day 2.

Your starting Location is the Impact Crater.

Your Safe Claim is the Plated Puffer, starting in the Chozo Ruins.

You also have the Artifact of Newborn. This renders you immune to all Night actions other than Kills, Thiefs, and Kidnaps. Your kills may still be blocked through various means, however.

You also know that the Indigenous Alliance does not know they have to eliminate you to win.

Upon being defeated you will drop a Missile-30. You are not sure what this does, who can use it, or who it goes to should you die. It cannot be removed from you by any methods other than your death, and you may not pass it like you would an item.

You are immune to the effects of Phazon, and are also immune to the effects of Poison.

You are a part of the Worm Alliance. You win if you eliminate the Hunter, the Space Pirates, and the Indigenous.
Description: Another incredibly powerful role, the antithesis of Samus: Started off incredibly powerful, but grew weaker as the game went on. The ability to “ally” with the Indigenous was supposed to really help this role hunt down Samus and the Space Pirates early game, but the Indigenous strangely viewed him as a threat despite not knowing they needed him dead. Just another bad move that benefited the Space Pirates...
Player: zorbees honestly got the most bad luck out of anyone in this entire game, even moreso than reyscarface. He killed Spiffy and tried to convert askaninjask when the opposite would have been many times more beneficial to him (he would have gained a follower and the Space Pirates, his main enemies, would have lost a powerful role). Then the Indigenous managed to convince themselves he was their enemy. Then the Space Pirates made him their top priority for kills. Honestly, with all the bad play in this game he never really had much of a chance.

-Kannon/HD-Converted Night 3-Blown away by a Machine Gun Night 6

Dear Kannon/HD, you are the Metroid

You are the original energy-draining organism first discovered on SR388, years after you were first created by the Chozo. The Space Pirates have long attempted to use you as a bioweapon, with limited to no success. Your main form of attack consists of clamping onto your prey’s head, and draining their life energy away.

Every Night except for Night 0, you may send a PM stating “NX-Drain <user>”. You will drain the life force out of <user>. Should <user> be attacked in this way three times in total, <user> will die. Note that there is no cure to this attack, so, should you attack the same person three times in total successfully, that person will die. This is evaluated as a kill, and as such can be blocked in the same way as other kills. Note that this will fail against other Metroids.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, Lynched, None.

Your starting Location is the Phazon Mines.

You also know that you can be converted should the Worm use a Phazon Blast on you.

Upon being defeated you will drop a Missile-5. You are not sure what this does, who can use it, or who it goes to should you die. It cannot be removed from you by any methods other than your death, and you may not pass it like you would an item.

Description: 1/3 killer that could be converted. Not much going on here.
Player: HD played decently, but never had much of a chance due to the well-chronicled failings of the Indigenous. Kannon never really did much and subbed out early on. Overall a kinda bleh role as played, never did much at all and the players who played it were mostly just going through the motions sending in their actions once zorbees died.

-wickdaggler-Converted N0-Lost Day 7

Dear wickdaggler, you are the Fission Metroid

You are a Phazon-infused Metroid with the unique ability to split into two parts. Your ability, like other Metroids, to charge, latch onto, and drain the life force out of others will prove useful in this conflict.

Every Night except for Night 0, you may send a PM stating “NX-Drain <user>”. You will drain the life force out of <user>. Should <user> be attacked in this way three times in total, <user> will die. Note that there is no cure to this attack, so, should you attack the same person three times in total successfully, that person will die. This is evaluated as a kill, and as such can be blocked in the same way as other kills. Note that this will fail against other Metroids.

Once, in lieu of sending a Drain PM, you may send a PM stating “NX-Split”. You will split yourself into two different Metroids, which will allow you to attack two people per Night, rather than one. You may not use this attack on the same person twice in the same Night. Note that you can only do this if you idle on your Drain action, and so you cannot Split until Night 1.

Your starting Location is the Impact Crater.

Description: The more powerful Metroid killer, he was essentially a 2/3 killer every night as opposed to a 1/3 killer, like HD was. It is noteworthy that he and the Metroid could not kill a person once a night, but could kill twice every two nights.
Player: wickdaggler made a big mistake in announcing that he was convertible by the Worm during Night 0, and he was promptly converted by zorbees. He never did much at all despite having a decent role, and I was disappointed he and HD never really tried to leverage their combined votes and kills with the village’s roles in order to stop the impending Space Pirate victory. Overall, not very well played.

And now...the winners...

The Space Pirates

Team Theory: A “mafia” faction I that it was united and it’s main enemy was not united. However, it started off with merely a 1/3 kill, and made up for it with incredibly powerful roles, access to a variety of kills outside of the standard team kill, and 4/13 Artifact votes, almost as many as the 5 of the Indigenous, allowing it to potentially win lynches with the help of neutrals right off the bat.

Player Placement: billymills and lambasto were the first two players on this team, as I knew they worked well together and knew they would do their roles justice. I decided that askaninjask was a good fit with those two in terms of getting along with them, and I had always seen aska be village so I figured it was due time for him to be mafia. Da Letter El was given the tricky role of the Parasite Queen mainly because he fit in well with the others and because he was another player I knew would play his role well, while Game_Freak201, Nook, and THE_IRON_KENYAN were mainly put here because they seemed to have been village in a lot of recent games while not being at odds with any of the others.

Team PM said:
You are the Space Pirates, a band of technologically advanced aliens searching for any means necessarily to defeat the Galactic Federation and, particularly, the bounty hunter working for them: Samus Aran, ”The Hunter”. There are hordes of creatures that are displeased with your attempts to rule Tallon IV, however, and so you have many enemies.

You consist of (Smogon Name, Role Name, Role, Kill Flavor):
lambasto, the Omega Pirate, Protector, Impaled on a bayonet.
askaninjask, Meta Ridley, Relocater or Kidnapper, Reduced to ashes by a gigantic Flamethrower.
Da Letter El, Parasite Queen, Breeder and Ammo role, Cannot kill.
Game Freak201, Phazon Elite, Hooker and Self-Redirector, Impaled on a bayonet.
THE_IRON_KENYAN, Elite Pirate, Bodyguard and Safeguard, Impaled on a bayonet.
Nook, Shadow Pirates, hard-to-lynch Thief, Stabbed with a large Scythe.
billymills, Cloaked Drone, Triple Checker, Two Lives, Blown away by a Machine Gun.

Your Safeclaims are (creature, starting location):
Jelzap, Tallon Overworld.
Plazmite, Chozo Ruins.
Triclops, Magmoor Caverns.
Stone Toad, Chozo Ruins.
Oculus, Chozo Ruins.
Beetle, Tallon Overworld.
Invisible Scatter Bombu, Phazon Mines.

Currently, one of you may attempt to kill rather than perform any Night actions 1 out of every 3 nights, starting Night 1. Should one of either the Hunter or the Worm die, this will increase to 2 out of every 3 Nights. Should both of them die, one of you will be able to kill every Night. Your counter will be reset should one or both of them die so, should you kill Night 1 and one of them dies Night 1, you will be able to kill the next two Nights before having to idle. The flavor for this kill varies based on who performs it.

You win if you eliminate the Hunter, the Worm, the Indigenous, and the Chozo Ghost Troop.
-lambasto-Won Day 7

Dear lambasto, you are Elite Pirate Upsilon, or the “Omega Pirate”

You are considered the pinnacle of success of the Elite Pirate program named Project Helix, and are perhaps the most dangerous Space Pirate in existence. Your high resilience to Phazon makes you incredibly powerful, and your weapons systems make you an intimidating force.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Cover <user> with Dual Plasma Cannons”. That Night and the next Day, you will follow <user> and, should <user> be targeted for a kill or Lynched in any way, shape, or form, you will fire your Dual Plasma Cannons at the attackers, thus protecting <user> from any ill effects. However, you may not cover yourself because your Plasma Cannons, unfortunately, have a minimum range. You also may not cover the same <user> twice consecutively, for fear of people simply targeting you instead.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, Hooked, Hooked.

Your Safe Claim is the Jelzap, starting in the Tallon Overworld

You also have the Artifact of Warrior. Should the holder of this item use any sort of kill, the holder will be immune to Hooks, and will strike through Bodyguards.

Upon being defeated you will drop a Phazon Suit. You are not sure what this does, who can use it, or who it goes to should you die. It cannot be removed from you by any methods other than your death, and you may not pass it like you would an item.

You are immune to the effects of Phazon, and are also immune to the effects of Poison.

You are a part of the Space Pirate Alliance. You win if you eliminate the Hunter, the Worm, the Indigenous, and the Chozo Ghost Troop.
Description: Protector with limitations, with an Artifact to help the faction kills from being blocked. Easy to stop via the lynch. Destroying this role was the real key to eliminating the Space Pirates.
Player: lambasto played fine, mainly letting billymills do the planning because billy was really the complete master of this game. He was an active voice in their channel and contributed whenever asked or needed. If billy had been killed Day 7 (as was going to happen if Midou and bunnymaster voted), I feel he would have led the Pirates to a victory.

-askaninjask-Won Day 7

Dear askaninjask, you are Geoform 187, or “Meta Ridley”

You have fought Samus Aran countless times in the past, and have been defeated each time. You were believed dead in the fall of Zebes, but after a painful metamorphosis reconstruction project, have instead gained increased mobility and strength over your former self. You are determined to use your incredible powers to bring glory to the Space Pirates-and destruction to your nemesis.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Meson Bomb Launcher <user>”. You will attack <user> with your formidable Bomb Launcher system, and the impact will be so great that <user> will be sent flying out so far, it will take <user> quite some time to find his or her way back. Maybe even an entire cycle. Of course, while <user> is gone, any abilities or votes that target <user> will be nullified. <user> will still be able to communicate via remote whilst gone, but will not be able to speak in the main game thread.

Alternatively, every Night you may send a PM stating “NX-Grabbing <user> and taking <user> to the <Location>”. You will grab <user> and take <user> wherever you like that Night, relocating him, in a manner of speaking. You will return to your initial Location that Night, no matter where your target is. Note that this will only work if <user>’s initial Location is the same as yours or adjacent, although the final Location can be anywhere. Also note that <user> will be unable to perform any Night actions whilst being relocated.

Your Safe Claim is the Plazmite, starting in the Chozo Ruins.

You also have the Artifact of World. This allows you to send a PM every night stating “NX-World Check <location>”. You will see the Smogon names of every user in that location.

You are a part of the Space Pirate Alliance. You win if you eliminate the Hunter, the Worm, the Indigenous, and the Chozo Ghost Troop.
Description: Essentially a Relocater because, as billy pointed out to me multiple times, “kidnapping is useless in this game”. Relocater right off the bat is very powerful, however, and when combined with arguably the best early-game Artifact and source of information, it really allowed the Pirates to control the Locations aspect of this game.
Player: aska was much the same as lambasto: competent, played well, contributed when needed, and just let billy do his thing without getting in the way. He was active in the channel as well, so really no complaints at all here.

-Da Letter El-Won Day 7

Dear Da Letter El, you are the Parasite Queen

You are a Phazon enhanced Parasite that is kept in a stasis tank by the Space Pirates. Although you are not pleased at your containment, you don’t really have a choice in the matter, and so you will be helping the Space Pirates in this battle.

You have an Ammo based action. You currently have two Parasites. Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Breed”. That night you will breed an additional Parasite.

Alternatively, you may use your Parasites to perform actions for you. Note that you may not use your Parasites when you are breeding new ones, but if you decide to idle your breeding ability, you can perform as many of your other night actions as you like.

For 1 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-Parasite Follow <user>”. That Night, one Parasite of yours will follow <user> around, determining <user>’s ability.

For 1 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-Parasite Check <user>”. That Night, one Parasite of yours will valiantly attack <user>, and although that Parasite will die since he’s so small, you will be able to determine the species (Role Name) and how tough (Lynch Affects) <user> is.

For 1 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-Parasite Guard <user>”. You will have one of your Parasites protect <user> from any attempts on his or her life that night.

For 1 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-Creating Imposter: <name>”. You will create an imposter Parasite by whatever name you choose, and this Imposter will be able to vote exactly once, whether it by in the Primary or PM stage of voting. The Imposter will be added to the Player’s List whilst alive, and you may send a PM stating exactly who you want the Imposter to vote for at any time.

For 2 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-Mug <user>”. You will send two of your Parasites to mug <user>, which will not only prevent <user> from performing any action that Night, but will also take any items <user> is in possession of. Note that you will only take the item <user> has had the longest, should <user> have more than one item.

For 2 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-Paralyze <user>”. You will send two of your Parasites to bite <user>, and your Space Pirate captors will take <user> back to a holding cell, where <user> will be both untargetable and unable to target anyone. However, once you die, your Parasites will too, and so the Paralytic venom used will wear off, allowing <user> to escape. Note that <user> will be considered dead for purposes of all Win Conditions. <user> will still be able to communicate via remote, but not in the main game thread, and will be unable to use any Night actions whilst Paralyzed.

For 3 Ammo, you may send a PM stating “NX-Swarm <user>”. You will send a swarm of three Parasites to attack <user>, killing him or her.

Your Safe Claim is the Triclops, starting in the Magmoor Caverns.

You also have the Artifact of Truth. This allows all actions by the holder to bypass Safeguards.

You also know that, since the Space Pirates are keeping you confined, you have not yet reached your full potential. For every two teammates that die, you will breed one additional Parasite. Should all of your teammates die, you will break out of your cage and go on a rampage. Who knows what might happen then, or how your Win Condition might change.

Description: A somewhat weak role early game, but gained one additional breed per every two dead teammates, and if he was the last one standing on his faction, he turned into a Titan, gained an extra breed per night, and gained the ability to passively breed while using abilities. I was somewhat hopeful this role would betray the Space Pirates, but the Pirates were way too far ahead for Da Leter El even to consider it at any point. Yet another lost game opportunity due to the failings of the Indigenous...
Player: See lambasto and aska. Active in the channel, contributed when needed, no complaints, etc. etc...

-Game_Freak201-Won Day 7

Dear Game Freak201, you are Elite Pirate Alpha, or the “Phazon Elite”

You were the result of the first Phazon experimentation of the Space Pirates, and were also infused beyond normal Elite Pirates. Although you are overshadowed by the “Omega Pirate” in terms of physical capabilities, you possess a weapons system that is both deadly and unique.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Energy Siphon around <user>”. Any abilities that target <user> will be redirected to you. Additionally, you will use the energy gathered from these redirections to power your Wave Quake Generator System. For every three abilities you redirect, you may send a PM stating “NX-Wave Quake Generator <user>”. The energy of your quake will kill <user>, although this can be blocked. Note that if it is blocked, you will not regain the energy you used. Should you collect enough energy, you may also use the Wave Quake Generators on multiple targets during the same Night.

Because you do not carry the Plasma Artillery Cannons that are a standard for other Elite Pirates, you have gained increased agility. Due to this, every Night you may send a PM stating “NX-Wrist Bayonet <user>”. You will slash at <user> with your wrist bayonets, and <user> will be so occupied avoiding your assault that <user> will be unable to perform any actions that Night.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: Lynched, Kidnapped, None.

Your Safe Claim is the Stone Toad, starting in the Chozo Ruins.

Description: A very powerful role, giving the Pirates both redirecting abilities and access to near regular kills outside of the team kills.
Player: Well...he was active. And he let billy do the planning. And...that’s about all I can say for him that’s good. He made himself fairly obvious as bad early on, and if he weren’t such an integral role to the Pirates I think billy and the others probably would have just let him die for being an idiot. Still, better than half the Indigenous.

-THE_IRON_KENYAN-Won Day 7

Dear THE_IRON_KENYAN, you are the Elite Pirate

You are a Phazon-enhanced Space Pirate, created as part of Project Helix. You live in a stasis tank due to your short natural life span, but have broken out of your protective shell in order to fend off the threats to the Space Pirates. You possess great strength and a powerful, although hardly unique weapons system.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Cover <user> with Plasma Artillery Cannon”. You will shadow <user> that Night and, should anyone attempt to kill <user>, you will fend the killer off with Plasma Artillery fire. You may target yourself with this ability since, although you lack the power of the Dual Plasma Cannons, the Plasma Artillery has no minimum range.

Additionally, every Night you may send a PM stating “NX-Wave Quake Generator around <user>”. You will create a wave of Energy with your Wave Quake Generator, but, since your waves are relatively weak, you will only Protect <user> from non-killing actions.

Your Safe Claim is the Oculus, starting in the Chozo Ruins.

You also have the Artifact of Lifegiver. This, when used, will grant the holder a permanent second life. However, it may only be used once per Alliance.

Description: BG and Safeguard, basically the protection for the Space Pirates outside of lambasto and ammunition for Game_Freak’s kills. Protection-based Artifact to boot as well.
Player: TIK wasn’t very active, although he didn’t need to be. He wasn’t an obvious Space Pirate from the start so props on that, you did what you needed to to win and let billymills figure out the details. Not bad, although a little more activity would have been nice.

-Nook/shade-Won Day 7

Dear Nook/shade, you are the Shadow Pirate

You are an elite Space Pirate, one of the few given access to the advanced cloaking technologies developed by Science Team. With your cloaking abilities, you are nearly invisible to the naked eye. However, the energy required to power this cloak requires that you carry only a scythe for a weapon, and minimal armor. Due to your lack of armor, you are also incredibly agile.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Stealth <user>”. You will attack <user> and, although you are not powerful enough to kill <user>, you will take any items <user> possesses before they can detect you.

Additionally, should you visit every Location, you will gain new abilities, due to finally finding some decent weapons in the various Space Pirate bases around Tallon IV.

Your stealth also allows you to outwit most mobs. This makes you difficult to Lynch.

Should you be Lynched, this is what will happen to you, in order: None, None, Lynched.

Your Safe Claim is the Beetle, starting in the Tallon Overworld.

Description: The thief of the Pirates...with a little extra lynch protection. This role was unsuccessfully nominated four different times by the Indigenous, and never lynched once. If he visited every location, his thief ability turned into a kill+thief similar to the Chozo Ghost Troop’s attack.
Player: Nook made himself an obvious mafia, was never active in any way, then, after his teammates requested I sub him out for shade, complained about it. I feel a little badly because he had actually managed to get his PMs in just before deadlines, but honestly IRC activity was required too, and it wasn’t solely my decision to sub him out. shade was subbed into a role that was a known mafia but simply let the village foolishly nominate him time after time, avoiding any harm every single time. He was active in the channel and, like the other good players on this team, just let billy plan stuff and helped whenever needed, though he was mostly just contributing comedically.

-billymills-Won Day 7

Dear billymills, you are the Cloaked Drone

You are a standard Sentry Drone with a twist-you are impossible to see or track, due to the cloaking system the Space Pirates equipped you with. Of course, your weapons and armor are decreased as a result, and you aren’t completely invisible…people can still see the silhouettes given off by your lights. Your stealthing systems should be enough to get by on, though.

Every Night, you may send a PM stating “NX-Stealth <user1>, <user2>, and <user3> for <type1>, <type2>, and <type3>”, where each <type> is either Lynch Affects or Location, and you will stealthily follow each <user> that Night, determining either the Lynch Affects or the current Location of each <user>, as specified.

Your Safe Claim is the Invisible Scatter Bombu, starting in the Phazon Mines.

Note that every Action you perform is completely unaffected by your Location or the Location of your target.

You also are difficult to kill due to being invisible, and so, the first time you are targeted for any type of kill, your assailants will merely wing you. Should you be targeted a second time, they will be able to nail you spot-on due to your decreased movement speed. Being winged does not negatively affect you in any other way, however.

Upon being defeated you will drop a Power Bomb. You are not sure what this does, who can use it, or who it goes to should you die. It cannot be removed from you by any methods other than your death, and you may not pass it like you would an item.

Description: This role was a combination of an attempt to appease the information problems the Space Pirates were going to have with making their kill harder to block by making it ignore locations. Combined with the Artifact of Warrior, this made it impossible to block outside of Relocation or BPVs.
Player: billymills was, hands down, the MVP of this game. He was the only player who even remotely appreciated or understood the locations scheme, he was the only one who consistently planned for lynches (Midou made an effort on Days 5 and 6 too I guess), and he outmaneuvered the Indigenous every step of the way: he took out the wolves to get the Space Pirates consistent killing powers, he made sure the right people were protected from the lynch every day, and he let the village keep shooting itself in the foot with mislynchs while systematically executing it’s power roles. To top it all off, he never made a mistake and, although he should have died on Day 7 had everyone voted, survived until the end even though it was obvious he was the brains behind the Space Pirates. One reason I held off calling this game for so long is because I felt that if the Indigenous finally got their act together and killed billymills, the Space Pirates might have a hard time regrouping and planning shit. Of course, the other reason is that if billy had been a member of the Indigenous, I feel the Indigenous would have come back to win, even at the critical stage of Day 7 when all seemed lost.

Now then, the only part people really read other than their own comments:
Awards!!!!! (I’ll stick to positive shit)
Best Sheet: billymills/Space Pirates. By a lot. Theirs was arguably as good as mine by about Night 4 or so.
Best Log: reyscarface to me. Check his comments....I still laugh every time I read that.
Best Move: Just about anything done by the Space Pirates.
Luckiest Player: shade. Survived so many lynches despite being checked for Lynch Affects. This guy honestly had no business surviving past Day 2, yet he survived until the end.
Unluckiest Player: reyscarface. For the many reasons I have stated above. The Indigenous failing really screwed him over, and getting moved by theangryscientist and backstabbed by Veedrock was just ridiculously unlucky for him, as it was just a pair of terrible moves on the other two’s part.
Best Indigenous: Midou. Difficult to choose between him and Eo, but ultimately the guy who actually did multiple useful things but made a big mistake wins out over the guy who did one useful thing in my book.
Best Neutral: reyscarface. Tough choice between rey and zorbees, but rey put a fair amount of effort into this game and really did deserve a much better outcome, whereas zorbees more went with the flow rather than being proactive. Both played well but, as in the case of the Indigenous, I will take the guy who tried to do something and made a few minor (or one big) mistake(s) over the guy who laid low without taking risks.
Best Space Pirate (Except for billymills): Tough choice, but I will go with lambasto because I feel he was doing a little bit of the planning. Or maybe he was just the most vocal in the channel. This is essentially a four-man tie between lambasto, shade, askaninjask, and Da Letter El, to be honest.
Best Player: billymills. Just check his comments. Played flawlessly, the only one to understand the game and lynch and item scheme, and had a sheet possibly better than mine.

Thanks everyone for playing, I swear my next game won’t take so damn long to get the postgame up for!

Oh right, and Agape’s contribution to this:
Agape I'd just say that this mafia proved that experience and uniting are more imbalancing factors than role powers
Agape and that the lynch system was epic

Been looking forward/dreading this. I'll be the first to apologize for my many mistakes in this game. Sadly getting my role pm was probably the biggest highlight for the entire thing.

The day 7 tragedy was a huge oversight due to me not realizing the deadline times, even after the first 6 lengthy days. This plus the sense of hopelessness that every lynch I planned for the village (pretty the 3-4 leading up to it) failed miserably. Rare was even there to remind me to vote, but I thought I had time.

Question, if I had voted and BM idled, would the indig be punished for 1 player's inactivity? Though honestly, with our lack of cohesion and extremely poor play, we probly deserved it regardless. But man, I tried hard with what I had. Finding out mid-late game that nominations were affected by location felt like all my work in counting votes seemed fruitless.

Man rey was all like "NAH i'm not indig or neutral lemme convert you". Nig implied he was pirate so I stabbed the bitch. Y'know?

But seriously, I wouldn't have hit rey if I knew he was hunter. He says he told me but he didn't. I refuse to let him play victim, but I'm more at fault than he is, so I apologize.

Also this game is another demonstration that village vs village in a closed theme game doesn't work. The "bad guys" are continuously being assaulted because they're seen as the enemy when frankly they're equal to the other and they could strongarm the game just the same. And yet despite getting harassed constantly the "bad guys" are strong enough to win or prevent the other team from winning, which displays the imbalances of it all (generally speaking; I'm aware there were other factors in this game that influenced it). The mentality of it all just ruins the concept indefinitely.

unclesam said:
He killed Spiffy and tried to convert askaninjask when the opposite would have been many times more beneficial to him
I remember telling zorbees to not rand target with his kill, but rather to rand target with his conversion, since that exact scenario could have happened. His response was something like "fuck you wickdaggler you don't know anything the chances of that even happening are like 1/1000 anyway"

also man I would have voted with the indigenous but they sort of presented themselves as enemies to me, and I had no idea the space pirates were dominating so much.
I tried to organize a kill on someone, but I remember that the person HD and I actually ended up killing had like 50 BPVs or something. Whatever.

also I saw my conversion coming right when zorbs contacted me, and I NOT stoked about being a neutral for like the 7th game in a row. You could imagine my frustration when he died -.-

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
sorry to my faction for not realizing the guy I subbed in for had only told anyone half his role, I read Additionally as Alternatively and thought my first role was more important than the location one so nobody ever wanted to use it.

this was a fun game I guess but I didn't really get what was going on with the location/lynches and I'd like to express my dislike for 1v1 as usual.

thanks to US for hosting though.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Also this game is another demonstration that village vs village in a closed theme game doesn't work. The "bad guys" are continuously being assaulted because they're seen as the enemy when frankly they're equal to the other and they could strongarm the game just the same. And yet despite getting harassed constantly the "bad guys" are strong enough to win or prevent the other team from winning, which displays the imbalances of it all (generally speaking; I'm aware there were other factors in this game that influenced it). The mentality of it all just ruins the concept indefinitely.
How is this game at all a village versus village game? If anything it is a Mafia vs. Village with a few neuts with conversions thrown in.

You're right, this wasn't village v village, my memory failed me in my last post. However, the SP were pretty strong and the lynch was hardly in the villages control given the mechanics, so the numbers meant little.

EDIT: US I reworded this, sorry for the confusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)