Mythology Mafia - Day 3

Update.

danmantincan initially tried to defend himself, but like StevenSnype, he failed. Eventually he simply awaited his fate.

Dear danmantincan,

You are King Arthur.

You are a famous British mythological king and no one is sure you ever actually existed. Nonetheless, you are now amongst the most well-known of mythical figures and your sword, Excalibur, is quite possibly the most famous sword ever. Unfortunately, you were not allowed to bring Excalibur to the war to prevent you from slaughtering all your enemies

You still possess Excalibur’s scabbard, however. This renders you immortal and you cannot be killed. The scabbard is not an actual item and cannot be stolen. You also have Caliburn, the Sword in Stone which you drew to prove your kingship. You are unable to use Caliburn in battle, but perhaps someone else can utilize it more effectively.

You win if Raikage’s Minions win.
It is now Night 5. Night 5 ends after 48 hours on 27/1/2011, 0100 AM Greenwich Mean Time.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Well fuck me.

An immortal player in a Beginner game. Jesus Christ what a broken role.
EDIT: It occurs to me that I might be expected to expand on the above, as village leader, although I suspect that the first part of the post will lose something. Anyway, I'm back from being afk for a couple of days, obviously. I ordered the lynch as I ran out the door and it was a bit hurried, and in hindsight I probably had better targets, although an immortal did seem ridiculous, in addition to everything else. Anyway, I'll send out night actions soon and try to survive the night again (although I have no idea how it happened yesterday). And also, regardless of dan being village, I would still say that it was really good thing that it happened. It clears a few people and dan was never really going to be very helpful any, except as a decoy. Oh, and also, I expect you to follow ginga if I die tonight. He does look like he is on the level. I may check tonight.

It's a BPV, there's one in almost every game, if not a role then an item of some kind. It could suck late game for mafia if they happened to hit the BPV when they needed to kill someone to tie/win the lynch, but aside from that it's not that bad. Also usually if village only has BPV left they lose even if he technically can't be killed (one mafia vs one BPV as far as I know mafia wins by default).

tl;dr BPV isn't that bad, live and learn I guess

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's a BPV, there's one in almost every game, if not a role then an item of some kind. It could suck late game for mafia if they happened to hit the BPV when they needed to kill someone to tie/win the lynch, but aside from that it's not that bad. Also usually if village only has BPV left they lose even if he technically can't be killed (one mafia vs one BPV as far as I know mafia wins by default).

tl;dr BPV isn't that bad, live and learn I guess

Yeah true. On the other hand to my knowledge its on of the few times ever that a Villager has had an infinite BPV. One use is fine and understandable but being immune to both Mafia factions kills AND the wolfs for the entire game is kinda broken. ffs its like a nerfed BG able to protect himself. Also it kinda upsets the balance of the game. Mafia traditionally kill at night (as well as Neutrals often) while Village controls the lynch thanks to superior numbers. In general in a Village vs Mafia game once the Village loses control of the lynch its gg. Thus making a Villager only able to be killed in a lynch is near impossible for the Mafia to achieve. Heck, one of the few reasons it happened today was the general belief that such a role was broken and not likely to exist in a beginner game.

I got a log dan told me to post after death.

Session Start: Wed Jan 19 21:24:17 2011
Session Ident: danmantincan
01[21:24] <loudkirbyking> Yo, dan
[21:24] <danmantincan> hey
01[21:24] <loudkirbyking> Got a question
[21:24] <danmantincan> ok
01[21:24] <loudkirbyking> Why does ginga have your role PM name again?
[21:25] <danmantincan> because he was being annoying and would shut up
01[21:25] <loudkirbyking> ...You realize that's ginga, right?
[21:25] <danmantincan> so i had a constant beeping noise from my computer, so to shut him up I gave him my role name
01[21:25] <loudkirbyking> I see...
01[21:26] <loudkirbyking> He said you just gave it up to him.
01[21:26] <loudkirbyking> Apparently, that story was only half right.
[21:26] <danmantincan> well I jokingly told him to give me his role pm
[21:26] <danmantincan> then the interrogation began...
[21:26] <danmantincan> I said that in the channel though, not in pm
01[21:27] <loudkirbyking> Hm... Something seems off about ginga
[21:27] <danmantincan> so, i'm not the only one that feels it
01[21:27] <loudkirbyking> Either he went back to level Spiffy, or he's trying to be a mafia, and failing.
[21:28] <danmantincan> yeah, I think he is playing differently, like when I had went from mafia in ESS to village in randomness
[21:28] <danmantincan> in ESS I had kept my mouth shut for the entire game basically
01[21:28] <loudkirbyking> I prefer to just play the same every time. This is WAY different
[21:28] <danmantincan> but in randomness, I was active in IRC and communicating with people
01[21:29] <loudkirbyking> Ginga seems to be going overboard about seeing "mafia members"
[21:29] <danmantincan> yeah, for me it was just something that kind of happened, those were my first 2 games
[21:29] <danmantincan> yeah, but ofcourse the inspectors got themselves killed
01[21:29] <loudkirbyking> Which is annoying
01[21:29] <loudkirbyking> Hope we have an alliance checker or something
[21:30] <danmantincan> yeah, but in my experience, alliance checker is usually a mafia inspector...
[21:30] <danmantincan> hopefully this isn't true with this game
01[21:30] <loudkirbyking> Hopefully
01[21:30] <loudkirbyking> Atheno would know
[21:30] <danmantincan> true
01[21:31] <loudkirbyking> But, then again, it might be a mafia claiming that role, and he asks a mafia member...
01[21:32] <loudkirbyking> I got a feeling ginga needs to be interrogated...
[21:32] <danmantincan> yeah, i'm talking to atheno about it now
01[21:32] <loudkirbyking> I did a little bit before. Something just doesn't feel right about ginga
01[23:02] <loudkirbyking> How'd your talk with Atheno go?
[23:03] <danmantincan> meh, well hopefully I convinced him a little of my innocence
[23:03] <danmantincan> I told him that I didn't know about you, since well I really don't
[23:04] <danmantincan> but also said that ginga is being very wierd this game
[23:04] <danmantincan> and explained what I meant
01[23:04] <loudkirbyking> He is...
01[23:05] <loudkirbyking> Dan, could you do me a favor?
[23:05] <danmantincan> possible
[23:05] <danmantincan> possibly*
01[23:06] <loudkirbyking> I'm not sure if you're mafia or not. The evidence ginga has just isn't enough
[23:06] <danmantincan> well he hasn't even said anything about you other than...
[23:06] <danmantincan> LOLOL MAFIA!!!
01[23:07] <loudkirbyking> Pretty much.
Session Close: Wed Jan 19 23:29:39 2011

Session Start: Sat Jan 22 15:31:37 2011
Session Ident: danmantincan
01[15:32] <away_kirby> Hey
[15:32] <danmantincan> Hey
01[15:33] <away_kirby> Evidence is up, apparently
[15:33] <danmantincan> Yep, and it's taking out of context...
01[15:33] <loudkirbyking> So, let me ask you something
[15:33] <danmantincan> The flavour atheno posted is likely because someone tried to kill me
01[15:34] <loudkirbyking> Because of that ability, unless you're passing an item, you should idle every night, correct?
[15:34] <danmantincan> yeah, when I posted about the hook, I was rtying to keep the hokker on me, so other villagers could do their stuff
01[15:34] <loudkirbyking> So, you were trying to confuse whoever the hooker was to keep targetting you?
[15:35] <danmantincan> yeah
01[15:35] <loudkirbyking> Do you get a PM if you ARE hooked?
01[15:35] <loudkirbyking> Or nothing, since you idled?
[15:35] <danmantincan> yeah, the pm i got said that i went for a jog and couldn't stop
[15:35] <danmantincan> that was N3
[15:35] <danmantincan> then N4 it said that I was challenged to a fight
01[15:36] <loudkirbyking> Okay, so you kept running one night, and you fought another night?
01[15:36] <loudkirbyking> Sounds like you're going on a quest lol
[15:36] <danmantincan> yeah, i think the "fight" pm was when someone tried to kill me
01[15:37] <loudkirbyking> Hm... I dunno.
[15:39] <danmantincan>
Raikage said:
You were challenged to a fight that night. Being an old hand at battles yourself, you easily survive it, but you were too busy to do anything else that night.
[15:39] <danmantincan> Here's my result for last night. I not sure if this was a hook or an attempt to kill me (I think it's the latter). This was different flavour then when I was hooked last night, which was:
Raikage (Night 3) said:
You feel the urge for some exercise for the night and so decided to take a light jog. Halfway through, however, you suddenly started speeding up against your own will and continued ru
[15:39] <danmantincan> nning in circles for the whole night, which would have prevented you from doing anything if you had wanted to.
[15:39] <danmantincan> Last night's result came after I told ginga that my role is important to the village (because I suspected him as mafia and wanted him to be wasting his kills on me). Hopefully the fact that I was targeted by kills/hooks the last 2 nights will help show that I'm not mafia.
[15:39] <danmantincan> that's the pm I sent atheno
[15:39] <danmantincan> I don't care if your mafia or not because this game is fucked either way by bad leaders
01[15:39] <loudkirbyking> I gots a feeling ginga's mafia too
01[15:40] <loudkirbyking> And I'm not mafia, don't worry
01[15:40] <loudkirbyking> But, I want to figure out what's up with this evidence.
[15:40] <danmantincan> What I can't believe, is that it all started when Snype said my name on irc
[15:40] <danmantincan> and people believed him when they knew he was mafia
01[15:40] <loudkirbyking> Which one would think the opposite
[15:41] <danmantincan> well he clearly named a few more experienced players, saying it was "up to them" or something along those lines
01[15:41] <loudkirbyking> Yeah. Me, you, and bagman
[15:42] <danmantincan> yet people seem to think that snype would have just revealed all of his teammates....
[15:42] <danmantincan> which is ridiculous
01[15:42] <loudkirbyking> Which, also points out one thing
01[15:42] <loudkirbyking> Ginga's been bashing me and you like mad
01[15:42] <loudkirbyking> Yet bagman hasn't been pestered
01[15:42] <loudkirbyking> I got a feeling that ginga's hiding something
[15:43] <danmantincan> I haven't seen bagman on irc though, which is really wierd
01[15:43] <loudkirbyking> I know
01[15:43] <loudkirbyking> Metroidvania, he was mega active
[15:43] <danmantincan> yeah, I think ginga+bagman are gmax
01[15:43] <loudkirbyking> Probably
[15:43] <danmantincan> ok, can you post this log after I die, so people might finally get something done
01[15:44] <loudkirbyking> Yeah, sure.
01[15:44] <loudkirbyking> But, let me tell you one thing
01[15:44] <loudkirbyking> If you turn out to be Lambasto for a reason, all suspicion of me talking to you and saying that will fall on my head
[15:44] <danmantincan> I know
[15:44] <danmantincan> Don't worry
[15:45] <danmantincan> You can even wait till I die, so you know that I am village
01[15:45] <loudkirbyking> And I've all ready got ginga on my tail
01[15:45] <loudkirbyking> Dan, sorry if you're village.
01[15:45] <loudkirbyking> If you are, then I'll go on and say, I'm sorry.
01[15:46] <loudkirbyking> I gotta run now
[15:46] <danmantincan> k c ya
01[19:44] <loudkirbyking> Doing anything important?
[19:44] <danmantincan> no not at the moment
01[19:45] <loudkirbyking> Well, I'd like to talk to you more about the lynch, to be honest
[19:45] <danmantincan> ok
01[19:45] <loudkirbyking> Do you know who hooked you?
[19:45] <danmantincan> nope
01[19:47] <loudkirbyking> Well, I'm looking at the PM again, and it looks kinda like you got hooked by two different people.
[19:47] <danmantincan> Yeah, I was thinking that as well
01[19:47] <loudkirbyking> Which would mean either we got two hookers, or else there's a hooker on each mafia, or on one mafia and a village, etc.
[19:48] <danmantincan> well I can't really see village getting 2 hookers
01[19:48] <loudkirbyking> Agreed
01[19:48] <loudkirbyking> If there's a wolf, they could hook also...
01[19:49] <loudkirbyking> Which brings it down to: Where's these two hookers? If we can figure out the identity of both, and figure out if one is village or not, the other's pretty much auto-bad.
01[19:52] <loudkirbyking> Also, that "whole PM" you gave to Atheno... I doubt he'll show the rest of it, but does it prove any sort of your innocence?
01[19:53] <loudkirbyking> Or guilt, for that matter
[19:53] <danmantincan> well, I sent him my results for when I was hooked the last 2 nights
[19:53] <danmantincan> and basically told him that I told ginga I had a valuable role so he would try and kill/hook me or something
01[19:56] <loudkirbyking> I see... So, you think ginga targetted you?
[19:56] <danmantincan> yeah
[19:56] <danmantincan> but ofcourse I can't prove it
[19:56] <danmantincan> and even if I did, he would just say that he's village and didn't want a bad guy using his role
01[19:57] <loudkirbyking> Hm... Something seems off
01[19:57] <loudkirbyking> Also, no kills tonight
01[19:57] <loudkirbyking> You got any clue about how that happened?
[20:04] <danmantincan> No, sorry for delay. Planning in SANDS
[20:04] <danmantincan> My guess would be that the mafia have something like2 kills/3 nights

Some things I took out, like random conversations or whatever, but dan told me to put this, so whatever.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
confirming that I told Lkk to post this now rather then at the lynch (when Athen might have been killed)

Also I may as well respond to this even though its midnight where I am and im dead tired.

Lets examine this 'evidence'. First dan tells me that he gave me his role (he never did, I saw it when I got spread access) nor did I talk to him about his role (to my knowledge anyway). Secondly dan believes that somebody tried to kill him b/c he told me his role (again he did not and it seems like general paranoia)

And yeah I think thats it. Basically its two guys talking (one of them being Loudkirbyking the most paranoid mafia player on the planet) and presenting no real evidence that im mafia.

However im curious that Loudkirbyking chose to post this in the thread rather than PMing it to Antho. Also this comes off the back of Antho telling everyone that he trust me and that im back up in case he is killed. I'm unhappy that Lkk felt he had to post this in the thread to air his concerns since its damaging to me and by extention Antho who put his trust im me. I'ts kinda like something a Mafia would do, discredit the backup leader publicly rather than discussing it with Antho ( Which dan had already said he had done) but who am I to judge? Its possiable that he felt that he could not trust athen with this. Also this log was BEFORE Antho decided to make me back up leader so did you not think that Antho had not heard of these claims before?

Yes I fully admit that I look suspicious for lynching dan and for what its worth I'm sorry. However our evidence was posted for everyone to see and it did look extremely suspicious. Furthermore with no Inspectors left and a disorganised Village a mislynch was possible. I feel that I (since im taking most of the responsibility for this fuck up since Athen was absent for most of the day) did the very best I could with the info and orders set down to me. Heck I halted the lynch to wait for Night Results which failed thanks to dan.

Anyway I could go one and on here. I could refute that log better however it would require me to release role information publicly which is gifting the mafia with knowledge they might not have. So ill keep silent about this and make do with what I said above.

In conclusion. I apologise (again) for this mislynch. I could do an objection and blame the lot of you but I won't. I could go aggro at loudkirbyking and dan and rage but I will not. The fact is that Athen has heard these arguments and made the decision to trust me. I also have access to the spreadsheet which generally proves that im trustworthy. The point is either you trust me or you don't and I'd like to know your guys opinions in this. Basically I cannot lead you guys if you don't trust me. However, the Village needs back up leaders since we don't have a bodyguard. Athen has decided that out of everyone that has claimed, I am to be the most trusted. If thats not enough for you then by all means say so. I stress, I cannot lead (in the event that Athen dies) if people spread rumours and other such things about me since it destroys trust.

Anyway I'd like to thank Kirby for airing this I guess since I'd rather deal with this now rather than later. However, Kirby if the majority side with Athen (and therefore me) all that I ask is that you keep these comments to yourself for the duration of my time as leader (assuming I actually become one) since this only poisons the trust the Village has in its leaders.

Thank You

EDIT So if it was not clear I was kinda asking for a gesture of support or something. A post, PM (to either Athen or if you really want to, me) or something summing up your thoughts that would be great. If I don't get support I will step down as back up leader. I know that sounds silly but seriously im not going to bother leading if the lot of you don't feel like trusting me. It will in effect, destroy this Village. So ehh yeah, thats all I gotta say.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
To try to put some of this to rest, I know everything that everyone has said, I know why it was said and I made much of it get said. The last 24 hours has been something of a comedy of errors due to various misunderstandings and misinformation, which resulted in suspicions being thrown around left right and centre. Unfortunately, there is not much I can do but this sort of attempted manipulation, because I have no inspectors. I need everyone to understand that without some of the roles like bodyguard and inspector my role is much harder, and made even harder because I am just learning the ropes of mafia, let alone leadership. Because of this, such problems will arise and I can never be 100% confident in the way forward, but I will always try to move forward in such a way as to give us the best chances. All I can say, is that I think my post-game post will be an entertaining read for all, as I unfold the comedy of errors which brings us to this point.

Yet another day has come, and more people have died.

First to fall was Athenodoros.

Dear Athenodoros,

You are the Phoenix.

You are a mythological bird of flame who symbolizes the cycle of death and rebirth. You are said to sing beautifully and can count yourself as one of the most famous mythological animals. Your powers of rebirth will be of use in the upcoming conflict.

At night, you may send a PM to Raikage with the title ‘Night X - Rebirth Flame USER’. If the targeted user kills you that night, you will be able to send a PM to Raikage at any point of the game with the title ‘Day/Night X - Resurrect’. You will come back to life as soon as the host reads your PM. This power may be used more than once, but you must target the right user each time.

The second casualty was ginganinja. He was bashed to bits.

Dear ginganinja,

You are Pisces.

You are well known for being both a constellation and an astrological sign, but few know that a Greek myth tells of how Aphrodite and Eros turned themselves into fish to escape the monster Typhon. You are thus a mythological figure as well as was thus included in this war.

Since there are two of you, your vote counts double. Simple.

Oof! Things aren't looking good for Raikage's side ):

It is now Day 5. Day 5 will end in 48 hours, 31/01/2011, 0300 hrs GMT +8, or when majority is reached, which is probably earlier.

Ouch.

Obviously the village isn't in a great spot, but I still think a united village can come back and win. Fortunately ginga wasn't the only backup leader...

Atheno said:
lol.
auramaster can succeed me as leader if I die.
EDIT: wondering why, two days after the deadline, nothing has happened. I mean, nothing much happens on night 0 anyway, so it shouldn't take that long.

Double EDIT: Oh, okay then.
As shown by this post, I'm the new village leader, and I do have the spreadsheet, but it's not nearly as filled in as I would like. I want every night action sent in, and if you haven't claimed yet, do so NOW. A village leader without info is pointless. I'll have a lynch target later, after most people send in their night actions.

EDIT: Because it wasn't clear, I have every PM that was sent to Atheno. If you sent your PM and night actions to Atheno, you don't have to claim to me.

Since the OP hasn't been updated in forever, I took the liberty of figuring out who's still alive, in case anyone's interested:

badalcristiano
Engineer Pikachu
RaRe555
khz
icantseewhy
Rayquaza2233
J-man
Manafii101
Tsuk
auramaster
loudkirbyking
Flamestrike
rickheg
Captain Bagman

Feel free to point out anyone I missed, though I'm pretty sure I got all the dead people.

Good idea Flamestrike, thanks!

I'll post a lynch target sometime tomorrow, but I'm still waiting for everyone to send their night actions and claims! If I haven't already talked to you about it, send in your night results, who you've targeted this game, and when. I don't think anyone wants another mislynch due to lack of information.

Also, icantseewhy hasn't been on Smogon in a week. Can we sub him out?

EDIT: Still waiting on some night results, but while I wait, lynch Engineer Pikachu. His PM is...

Role Pm said:
Dear Engineer Pikachu,
You are Pan.

You are the Greek god of mountain wilds, groves, and nature in general. Like a satyr, you have the legs, hindquarters, and horns of a goat, and you love rustic music and being around with nymphs. Your pipes have magical qualities, and playing with them will often result in interesting things happening.

At night, you may send a PM to Raikage with the title "Night X - Hide within the trees" You will hide among the trees, and all non-killing actions targeted at you that night will fail. You have no other ability at the moment, but may gain some as your beloved nature around you gets destroyed.

You win if Raikage's Minions win.
First off, everyone else who claimed had their role PM quoted by a host. For example...

Raikage said:
Dear danmantincan,

You are King Arthur.

You are a famous British mythological king and no one is sure you ever actually existed. Nonetheless, you are now amongst the most well-known of mythical figures and your sword, Excalibur, is quite possibly the most famous sword ever. Unfortunately, you were not allowed to bring Excalibur to the war to prevent you from slaughtering all your enemies

You still possess Excalibur’s scabbard, however. This renders you immortal and you cannot be killed. The scabbard is not an actual item and cannot be stolen. You also have Caliburn, the Sword in Stone which you drew to prove your kingship. You are unable to use Caliburn in battle, but perhaps someone else can utilize it more effectively.

Also, his role power is suspicious at best, he didn't get any new powers until just now (That's DAY SIX, a very long time to wait), the new power he did get is also very suspicious, and some night results I've gotten don't match up with his claim of Safeguard.

EDIT: To explain the role PM title, that means his role PM was sent to him by user "Role Pm" instead of Raikage or lambasto. Plus the other stuff I said.

I have talked to Manafii by PM, he was gone for a few days, but is back now; on the other hand, icantseewhy hasn't been online in a week, RaRe555 hasn't been online in 2 weeks, and Badal has been online but seems to be ignoring us :(

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
This role does seem suspicious as it would be very difficult to prove.
So lynch Engineer Pikachu.
Very difficult to prove or to disprove? It makes no sense if it's "difficult to use", since I can just show it to you come next cycle -_-

auramaster, I need to talk to you.

EDIT:
auramaster said:
and some night results I've gotten don't match up with his claim of Safeguard.
If you read my Role PM, it says "all non-killing actions targeted at you that night will fail". It's a self-SG.

EDIT EDIT: dak, if you're reading this: Did you send all your role PMs with the same
blahblahblah said:
thing? aura's trying to get me because mine apparently was different -_- Confirm or deny if you actually bother to read through the thread you're cohosting.

I'm back guys, sorry I was afk for so long...

No Lynch

for the time being as we've already killed two village members by accident on lynches and I haven't seen any evidence that contradicts his Role Pm (except the title but I'm not sure about that).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)