Mythology Mafia - Day 3

Very difficult to prove or to disprove? It makes no sense if it's "difficult to use", since I can just show it to you come next cycle -_-
I mean it would be more difficult for auramaster to confirm that you actually have that ability, as opposed to one that targets other players. In other words, it's a role that would be easy to mole.

Admittedly it's a rather specious argument for a lynch; does anyone has a better target? I do not like the no lynch option. Lynching has a chance to kill mafia, whereas no lynch has zero chance.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I mean it would be more difficult for auramaster to confirm that you actually have that ability, as opposed to one that targets other players. In other words, it's a role that would be easy to mole.

Admittedly it's a rather specious argument for a lynch; does anyone has a better target? I do not like the no lynch option. Lynching has a chance to kill mafia, whereas no lynch has zero chance.
There is absolutely nothing I can do about the first paragraph. I can't obviously can't change my power, I'm not Myriad. auramaster can easily confirm if I have a self-SG. I'll use the ability and he can use some ability if he wants to check. There's probably something better for us to do, though.

Why don't you support a no-lynch option? According to my count, 8 village, 2 mafia 1, and 1 mafia 2 have died. Mislynching would be absolutely horrible, since that means the mafia could come out and control the lynch after one more night of at least one successful kill, if it's something like 15/5/5. While lynching has a chance to kill mafia, it also has a chance of killing village.

I'd like to reiterate something. dak sent me my role PM with the thing quoted by "Role Pm", which is apparently different from what everybody else's was. I think auramaster is confirming this with dak, but that's hardly conclusive evidence if dak admits to having put in variation and hardly better if dak doesn't.

That being said, no lynch is the best option I see now unless auramaster comes up with a target.

Posting this because appearently my reasons were lynching Engineer Pikachu wasn't clear enough in the first post, and I've already had to explain this to 3 or 4 people.

Jan 31 12:56:09 <auramaster> The main reason for lynching him is not a suspicious role
Jan 31 12:56:28 <auramaster> His PM was forwarded by him, from user "Role Pm"
Jan 31 12:57:22 <auramaster> Also, some night results I've gotten prove that he's not self-Safeguard like he claims
Jan 31 12:57:43 <auramaster> He is the best lynch target today

Also, I did get a response from dak. He used flawed logic to show how Engineer Pikachu's PM might be real. Unless you support flawed logic, keep the lynch on Engineer.

EDIT: I won't share the night results cause I don't want the Mafia to know what roles we have, but if you or anyone else wants to talk, I'm on IRC.

I like EDITing: EP doesn't know if the evidence is conclusive or not, cause he left before I could finish talking, and hasn't gotten back on <_< Besides, I PM'd dak AFTER starting the lynch. If I needed the extra info to figure out he's Mafia, I wouldn't have started the lynch. The PM from dak is just another nail in the coffin.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Jan 31 12:56:09 <auramaster> The main reason for lynching him is not a suspicious role
Jan 31 12:56:28 <auramaster> His PM was forwarded by him, from user "Role Pm"
Jan 31 12:57:22 <auramaster> Also, some night results I've gotten prove that he's not self-Safeguard like he claims
Jan 31 12:57:43 <auramaster> He is the best lynch target today
Care to share the night results?
Also, I did get a response from dak. He used flawed logic to show how Engineer Pikachu's PM might be real. Unless you support flawed logic, keep the lynch on Engineer.
Care to share those as well?

EDIT: auramaster shared the "evidence" with me. It's hardly conclusive. dak's response may not have been the most clear, but it is no evidence against me. I urge you to go no lynch with me.

EDIT EDIT: Read this. That in it of itself tells you that having a "quoted by" that's different from somebody else's doesn't really mean that the person in question is scum.

EP, this isn't that complicated <_< I'll use danman's PM as an example.

Dear danmantincan,

You are King Arthur.

You are a famous British mythological king and no one is sure you ever actually existed. Nonetheless, you are now amongst the most well-known of mythical figures and your sword, Excalibur, is quite possibly the most famous sword ever. Unfortunately, you were not allowed to bring Excalibur to the war to prevent you from slaughtering all your enemies

You still possess Excalibur’s scabbard, however. This renders you immortal and you cannot be killed. The scabbard is not an actual item and cannot be stolen. You also have Caliburn, the Sword in Stone which you drew to prove your kingship. You are unable to use Caliburn in battle, but perhaps someone else can utilize it more effectively.

You win if Raikage’s Minions win.

When he claimed to Atheno, by forwarding the PM, Smogon automatically quoted it as being sent from Raikage.

Raikage said:
Dear danmantincan,

You are King Arthur.

You are a famous British mythological king and no one is sure you ever actually existed. Nonetheless, you are now amongst the most well-known of mythical figures and your sword, Excalibur, is quite possibly the most famous sword ever. Unfortunately, you were not allowed to bring Excalibur to the war to prevent you from slaughtering all your enemies

You still possess Excalibur’s scabbard, however. This renders you immortal and you cannot be killed. The scabbard is not an actual item and cannot be stolen. You also have Caliburn, the Sword in Stone which you drew to prove your kingship. You are unable to use Caliburn in battle, but perhaps someone else can utilize it more effectively.

You win if Raikage’s Minions win.

It automatically added Raikage's name, to show that he sent the original PM. Now, I'll use dak's example of a PM that shows how "it is entirely in the realm of possibilities that this format might be legitimate".

Role PM said:
This is the format that EP's PM is in, except the last "m" isn't capitalized. However, when I click forward...

lambasto said:
It automatically added lambasto's name, to show that he sent the original PM. EVERY TIME YOU FORWARD A PM, IT ADDS THE NAME OF WHO SENT THE ORIGINAL PM. EP's claim doesn't do that, so he didn't really forward his PM. The only way EP's PM could appear like that, is if he wrote the PM and then added Fw: to the title, to make it look like it was forwarded.

Well Engineer Pikachu was dead a long while ago, update.

Dear Engineer Pikachu,
You are the Batman.

Worshipped as a deity by nerds all over the planet, you are as close to a modern day myth as it gets. As the Dark Knight and defender of Gotham city, you will try to ensure this war between deities does not escalate overboard Your mission is to bring peace to this conflict using non-lethal violence. This isn't the first time you had to get involved in a war outside of Gotham, after all.

At night, you may send a PM to Raikage with the title "Night X - Throwing Batarangs at USER". You will assault the specified user with your Batarangs, knocking them out and leaving them unable to further participate in the game, effectively killing them.

Alternatively, you may send a PM to Raikage with the title "Night X - Posing as millionaire playboy". You will spend the night as your real identity Bruce Wayne, posing as a normal civilian living in a high-security mansion. All night actions including kills will fail when posing as Bruce Wayne.

You cannot throw a baratang more than twice in a row as you will need to restock on batarangs on the third night. You are still capable of posing as a millionaire playboy on the third night, however.

You win if you are the last user alive.
You congratulate yourselves on finally killing the Batman.

It is now Night 6. Night 6 will end in 48 hours on 5/01/2011, 1500hrs Greenwich Mean Time.

Yay for killing the wolf!!!!! I've got class in a few minutes, but I'll get on later and send everyone their night actions for tonight.

EDIT: Nice pic Bagman XD All night actions have been sent out. Get those PMs in! Also, I have a backup leader. IF I DIE, WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO PROVE THEMSELVES AS THE NEW LEADER. IF SOMEONE DOESN'T HAVE ABSOLUTE PROOF THAT I PICKED THEM AS THE NEW LEADER, DON'T TRUST THEM!!!

I am probably going to abandon this game - I don't see the point of continuing because

1) The inactivity in this game far too rampant. If I sub in more people I might as well call this Mythology V2 or something.

2) The outcome is pretty much decided.

3) There's already enough to learn from the game.

To be fair, you haven't been the most diligent about updating. The OP isn't updated and #myth still says its Night 2. And if the outcome is pretty much decided, why not call it instead?

This is up to the Mods, if they're watching this game. Raikage won't be back on for 4 days. Inactivity is a fairly large problem. He claims the outcome is obvious, though I don't think so. Should the game be called?

Village spreadsheet
Claims

After subbing in, it was pretty quiet. Atheno made me backup leader that night, with ginga distracting the Mafia, but they didn't kill that night <_< I wasn't 100% sure that danman was Mafia, but King Arthur was SO DIFFERENT from EVERY other role that I went along with Atheno, despite the Question Asker saying he was village. Sorry danman :( After Atheno and ginga died, I stepped up and tried to set the village up for a comeback, but after 2 mislynches it was too late.

Best players:
Athenodoros, for being a good leader despite his first game.
StevenSnype, for trying to trick us. Only made us suspicious of 5 people, never caused anyone to be mislynched, but good try.
ginganinja, for his incredible job in trying to distract the Mafia (Even though he was focusing on 2 villagers. Whoops)
lambasto's Warriors, for winning.
Everyone who was active on IRC.
EDIT: khz, for becoming the most trusted villager despite being Mafia.

Room for improvement:
Me, for not helping Atheno more while he was leader :( Was trying to just stay out of the way, sorry!
Everyone who was inactive. Meaning: half the game >:(
badalcristiano, for never kidnapping anyone, and claiming with his MAFIA role PM <_<
Raikage, for being the most inactive host since Amelia was sent to the hospital.
Objection, for not having a backup leader.
IIMKUltra, for not giving orders to several users.

EDIT: In case anyone's wondering what the village plan was...

auramaster said:
Bagman, you are to Safeguard khz tonight.

khz, ask the question, "Is there a member of Raikage's Minions with the role name "Cuchulainn?" Cuchulainn is loudkirbyking's role name.

The reason I'm telling you both this, is that I'm giving you both spreadsheet access. As soon as you get this, send me your email address so I can give you access to the sheet and a document I'm about to make with all the claims. For now you can look over the sheet and help or give advice if you want, but don't say you're the backup leader or have sheet access unless I die...

If I die and lkk turns up village, he's the leader. Highlighting this post will prove to the village that he's the new leader. Bagman is backup leader, and khz is to stay hidden.

If I die and lkk turns up Mafia, lynch lkk. Bagman is the leader, and he should pick a new backup leader. Highlight his post will prove to the village that you're the new leader. khz stays hidden.

If me and Bagman both die, and lkk is village, he's the leader. khz, you or him should pick a new backup.

If me and Bagman die, and lkk is Mafia, lynch him. khz, DO NOT STEP UP AS LEADER!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but you're too important for the Mafia to figure out who you are. Lol You have a more important job to do. You have to pick a new leader, and use highlight this post to show that whoever you pick is the new leader. In retrospect, this idea is kinda dangerous if the Mafia gets to pick who the leader is. If there is no obvious villager, or something unusual happens and you absolutely HAVE to lead the village, highlighting this post will prove that you're the new leader. Pick 2 backups so if the Mafia kills 2 people, there's always an extra with spreadsheet access.

I'm trying to plan for everything :) Anyway, I'll also explain the night actions tonight...

1. khz is inspecting lkk; I think I made it pretty clear why. He's very active, so he'll either be a great leader, or a dangerous foe. Bagman's Safeguarding khz so he can't be Hooked or Inspected.

2. Rayquaza2233 is stealing from Flamestrike; the reason is a long story. Flamestrike's role PM appears fake (And it's from lambasto, the other two from lambasto are Engineer Pikachu and StevenSnype and as I later noticed Bagman. Lol, 4 Mafia making the same mistake made it appear normal), and either he or rickheg is lying about Flamestrike Hooking him N1. I told Flamestrike that a mostly inactive user, who's never on IRC and never posts in the thread, is actually an Inspector who will clean him tonight. I'm hoping he'll panic and have a Mafia teammate Safeguard him, so Ray will check to see if he's Safeguarded. If so, then he must be Mafia. If not, he's still suspicious. Also hoping he'll kill Tsuk, so rickheg will either be exposed as Mafia, or cleaned :) Too bad Flamestrike's team didn't have a Safeguard...Did you at least decide to target less active players after my PM?

3. Flamestrike is Hooking badal. Although badal never claimed to me Got his claim later that night, Atheno said he claimed over IRC, and claimed a 3-day village Kidnapper <_< Even if he's telling the truth, he's not active enough to use his power. badal for LVP

4. lkk is Hooking rickheg. The situation is; danmantincan said he was Hooked twice, even though he didn't have a night action. Flamestrike said he Hooked rickheg N1, but rickheg says he didn't get a night result. If rickheg gets a night result from lkk, then Flamestrike was lying, and he's Mafia. If rickheg doesn't get a night result, then he must be lying about it, and he's Mafia, along with his twin Tsuk.

5. I (Priority Comparer) am checking rickheg Vs. J-man (Claimed Vigilante); if rickheg has a higher priority then J-man, it means he has a power despite claiming Twin, so he and Tsuk must be Mafia.

6. Manafii101 is trying to Scavenge an item from Hydrattler, cause maybe he stole something while alive? This one doesn't have a long explanation :)

7. J-man's idling cause he doesn't have any swords, badal cause he won't claim to me and there's no good kidnapping target, rickheg and Tsuk cause they don't have a night role.

Finally, some more general stuff...

1. KEEP KHZ HIDDEN!!!!! If he dies, the village is in a terrible position. I wish someone had killed him.

2. This Smog article is VERY helpful :)

3. The purpose of a village leader is for the info to stay secret. If someone doesn't have sheet access, then only tell them as much info as necessary. Village has already been moled once <_< Oh the irony...

4. Always have 3 people with sheet access, in case 2 of them die.

5. It's a game, so have fun :) Enjoy running the village!

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Shame to have to finish like this, although I suppose it was always going to happen with all the inactivity.

I really didn't do much until I died on Objection's orders in front of everyone, which meant that I became the one publicly confirmed village we had so I could finally bring some unity to a village which had lacked it the whole game. The roles and actions came in as fast as could reasonably be expected for a game with so much inactivity. Then we had a bumpy ride, because it was my first game and I was inexperienced, and I didn't quite have enough information. Lynching StevenSnype was great, because it was the first real lynch where someone defended themselves, and the mislynch on dan was a real shame, but I stand by the fact that we should have lynched him based on the info we had. Sorry dan. We were also messed up by StevenSnype pretending to mess up, but fortunately he did it kind of weirdly, so we were suspicious. It was fortunate that everything went reasonably smoothly under me and that I chose a good heir. I should also give a shout-out to ginga, who helped a lot because of my inexperience.

Props & Slops:

Basically aura's, but also:
khz, who played well enough to get himself essentially heir to the throne despite being mafia.
Objection, who was way off on all of the info he gave me. I don't know if he thought I was mafia, but he was way off.

There are several factors you could say are what caused me to lead poorly such as having 0 confirmed villagers (would've been 2 if iiMK hadn't marked Raseri as suspect) and 0 confirmed non-villagers, unco-operative villagers and skilful moling by the mafia. But really the biggest problem of all is this: when someone asks me a question, I have to tell the truth. If I ignore the question, then the player asking it gets pissed off and may view me with suspicion and so will not co-operate. This is bad especially if the player asking the question is actually a villager. I cannot lie convincingly at all so if I answer with a lie it's so obvious that the effect is the same as ignoring the question. This is why I suck as a village leader and I suck as any non-villager and that is never going to change.

Also, I'm amazed that khz's question asker claim was fake. I always thought it was impossible to fake claim question asker because of the knowledge you'd need about the game. Similarly, I'm amazed that dan and myriad's claims were genuine. Those are not roles for a beginner game goddamnit, especially dan's!

EDIT: Atheno, the info I gave was what I had been told, but I'm pretty sure I said that there was a chance it could be all wrong.

EDIT2: No village safeguard!? What was Raikage smoking when he designed this game?

I still have no idea why badal's kidnap never worked, though IIRC we did try to kidnap engineer_pikachu a few times which obviously didn't work since he always self-safeguarded and as far as I can tell never killed anyone as a wolf :/.

I was inactive the first few cycles, which lead to Hitmonchan's lynch (he sent me his fake and I barely even looked at it, otherwise I would have realized it was horrible :/), though Hydrattler never sent me his so I take no blame for that. badal refused to make his own fake and I never got around to doing it for him, and I though icantseewhy had claimed every-other-night mayor, but he disappeared after a few cycles, and at that point I was sending PMs for the entire team (which I wasn't even sure whether or not they were going through or working or what because I never got results from anyone -_-)

Our team had no way of gathering info, so I was rather suspicious when Snype contacted me saying he had inspected me. A few other things (he said they had a weird way of killing whereas we were just killing on odd nights and he said they had 4 people when we had 5) convinced me he was wolf, though he told me about Bagman which made me reconsider then got lynched which proved he was telling the truth.

Finally, our team was screwed on fake roles. We had for roles:
-A guy who could redirect, bg, or double his own vote based on his heads, with redirect being the only good one to claim as
-A kidnapper
-A silencer
-A thief, an okay role to claim as except it was likely the village already had a thief
-And me, a hooker, which again is a guaranteed repeat

I don't even know what Snype claimed as to mole since he told me he refused to claim an inspection role (though maybe that was a lie), question asker either goes really well or blows up in your face when you get a wrong answer (hint: tell him to ask if there's a role in the village that isn't actually there, or ask if there's harmless neutrals) and C_B got lucky that there wasn't a village safeguard.

One last thing, the amount of flavour in the PMs was absolutely insane for a beginner's game. Beginner's games should have easy-to-fake role PMs; these were in no way easy (then again the lambastos did well enough anyway so hats off to them).

EDIT: Oh yeah, who was the last lambasto?

khz and I still needed a few things to go our way, but I thought we were in pretty good position to win. We were both given access to the spread sheet and the position to decide between one of ourselves or lkk to become leader if aura died. Our strategy for moling was to not pick roles that are difficult to prove and draw suspicion. khz was worried a couple of times that he was going to discovered by giving a wrong answer.

Both mafias were coordinating to bump off village leadership in an attempt to keep you guys disorganized. I did suspect that ginganinja might have been a decoy leader, but we really didn't have much of a choice but to kill him anyway.

Slops:
Snype really did mess up by chatting in the public channel instead of the mafia chan.
badal for claiming to auramaster with his Mafia PM
Myself for forgetting to send in an action when I wanted to idle and periodic inactivity on irc.
General inactivity.
Poor village leadership and uncooperative villagers.

Props:
Snype for leaking bad info to the village before he died and helping us after he was killed.
khz for amazing moling ability
auramaster for taking control of the village when I thought they were about to fall apart completely

Edit: RaRe was the last lambasto, but he has been completely inactive for weeks :/

The only thing that could have saved us at that point was our redirect, assuming I was even able to use it in icantseewhy's place, as my plan was to send J-man the sword icantseewhy started with and then redirect the kill to either a villager or one of the lambastos depending on the situation, then hopefully further control the killing. That being said, clearly we didn't stand much of a chance seeing as we were all more or less pegged as mafia while the lambastos had two completely trusted people.

Ok now that the games over I can explain my move on day 2(?). I inspected iiMKUltra in hopes to confirm him as a villager, then I get my result and it states that he is aligned with Gmax's beasts. So I made the post to not trust him, which was stupid on my part. I talked to iiM on irc and basically got flagged as mafia. So after almost 24 hours Raikage sends me a pm correcting his mistake, and that he was actually village, which made me feel like an idiot talking to him. Then I died :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)